PDA

View Full Version : What's ur favo movie ever ?

Coelie
08-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Share ur enthousiasme for movies here, and tell us what's ur favorite movie ever

Here's mine (actually I got quite a few movies) I love all the Star wars and Star Trek movies :d

XethoR
08-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Hmm..
The Lord of the Rings 1,2 & 3 :p

ShadowHeart
08-17-2005, 08:44 AM
Hmm, difficult.. but I'll probably have to go with The Boondock Saints and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Those are the ones I've watched the most in the last few years at least :)

Tess
08-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Lord of the rings, and some anime movies :3

Spiff
08-17-2005, 03:10 PM
The Lord of the Rings

&

American History X

ShadowHeart
08-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Oh yeah, American History X is one of my favourite movies too, forgot about it :/

Squall85
08-17-2005, 04:41 PM
My Fav movie is Snatch real funny movie

Arkacia
08-18-2005, 04:28 AM
I don't have one set favorite but do enjoy any movie by Mel Brooks like Men in tights and Blazing saddles. His comedies are very well done.

Coelie
08-19-2005, 03:08 PM
oh hell yeah Men in Tights rock I've seen it over 20 times and still laugh very very hard :p

Dayne
08-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Thats a good movie but I love Drop Dead Fred.

Max the Man
08-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I liked any of the Miyazaki Movies (especially Porco Rosso)

Dayne
08-21-2005, 11:22 PM
max wats that is about?

Spiff
08-22-2005, 03:11 AM
Spaceballs and Men in Tights :D

Yeah, thumbs up to Drop Dead Fred

Coelie
08-22-2005, 06:16 AM
I saw a very good movie a couple of days ago but I forgot the name -.-

I think it was called......Kingpin

Luis
08-22-2005, 07:08 PM
My favourite'S are: Matrix Trilogy, American Beauty, Traffic, K-PAX, 60seconds,The Insider and Pulp Fiction.
I liked also(not as much as the ones I've already told you) the Austin Powers movies, 8 mile, The Sweetest Thing, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Ocean's eleven and Ocean's twelve too. (I only said non Spanish movies, as some of this have the Spanish humour that is mostly understood by Spanish ones. You know, American humour is universal, but every country has its way to do it.)
I have to say that I enjoy going to the cinema and watching movies quite a lot.
Kevin Spacey and Brad Pitt are my favourite actors.

Coelie
08-23-2005, 04:59 AM
Holy ****, those are lot of movies, ur right abt 1 thing, The Matrix trilogy and the Austin Powers movies are very good, I love movies with British humor they are the best!

Totorosama
10-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Lord of the Rings! All three!

Zeromus_X
10-04-2005, 03:47 AM
hmm...the fifth element, pay it forward, star wars(i liked return of the jedi the best), the wizard of oz, and the sound of music :) .

add on: yes, i also love anything by miyazaki. i think my favorite would probably be grave of the fireflies. 2nd would be totoro. 3rd would be baron: the cat returns :D !

Totorosama
10-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Yes, I forgot about Hayao Miyazaki.
1) Tonari no Totoro(My neighbor Totoro)
2) Nausicaa
3) Castle in the Sky
4) Kiki's Delivery Service
5) Hotaru no Haka (Graveyard of the Fireflies)
I love all his others, but these five are my favorite. I have all of them! (except howl's moving castle and spirited away).

Luis
10-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Oops! I forgot something too. Fifth element is one of my favourites also, :D

Zeromus_X
10-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Oops! I forgot something too. Fifth element is one of my favourites also, :D
isnt it just a beautiful film? the music, story, characters...gotta love em'! :D
also, the fifth element seems to be like a final fantasy , what with the whole four elements and such

Tydo
11-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Theres sooo many movies too choose from... thats y i can't decide, but i love any movies tht has a patriotic feel to it... something like The Last Samurai... Tom Cruise is soo kool in it... hmm maybe we should start one for favourite actors!!!

wimsi
11-19-2005, 06:11 AM
i don't have one favorit movie... there are so many i like. matrix, the neverending story, the last unicorn, ice age, van helsing and so on. and, yes of course, advent children ^^

Beowulf
11-22-2005, 02:38 PM
There are so many good movies out there to choose from, like Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings Triology, The Village and so fourth. Umm i know, my favorite movie as kid =D was "Milo and Otis" awesomeness right there :P

Phoenix Flame
12-04-2005, 04:34 AM
My favorite movie of all time was/is Waterworld with Kevin Costner. I still sometimes watch it before bedtime :)

Avathar
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
very hard to choose, but it's easier to name my favorite filmmakers:

Quentin Tarantino- Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, ...
David Lynch- Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive
Stanley Kubrick- Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove(that's gotta be my favorite :D )
Francis Coppola- Apocalypse now
Begnini- La vita e bella
Lars von Trier- Dogville, Dancer in the Dark
Pedro Almodovar- Hable con ella, Todo sobre mi madre, ...

oh yeah, and i'm a Star Wars freak :D

Spiff
12-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I just saw The Cronicles of Narnia. It's a very good movie and I highly recommend it. I'm hoping they make all seven.

Luis
12-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Good ones you chose Avathar. By the way, I read now your question Zerosmus :p. Yes. the 5th element is a really good movie. Really original, cool and fun. However, I can't find the similitude to Final Fantasy :p
I recently saw Sin City (in DVD, of course) and I loved it!!! A brilliant performance!! And a very good cast!! I've seen recently the last one of Harry Potter(never liked H.Potter's stories, but a friend convinced me, and it wasn't so bad. In fact, I found it a nice movie :D ) and Saw 2. Now, it's turn for The Cronicles of Narnia and King Kong. However, I do not expect much from The Cronicles of Narnia, when referring to the plot and the story line. I'll tell you my opinion. I've considered yours Spiff ;)

ShadowHeart
12-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I saw Sin City recently too.. I loved it! :D

Avathar
12-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Sin City is.... awesome :D 5 stars for me!!! 'cause there isn't anything about it that's bad :cool:

"Film Noir" Comics MEETS "Tarantino" Violence = I love it!

WupoP_FF
12-24-2005, 02:34 AM
oh,boyz,you are too fierce...I think Forrest Gump is good.but I afraid this one is too calm for you to watch.....

Avathar
12-24-2005, 10:17 AM
....what? you think guys only watch crude action movies?

*looks to my dvds......

- Any way the wind blows
- Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain
- Discovery of Heaven
- Donnie Darko
- Finding Nemo
- Ice Age
- The Incredibles (yeah, i like 3D animation :D )
- Last Samurai
- ...the Lion King?!
- The Nighmare before Christmas
- Oceans' Eleven
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- and so on..........

Luis
12-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Yesterday I saw The Cronicles of Narnia, and honestly it's just a good movie. Not more than that... Lord of the Rings is much better in my point of view.
I don't think Forrest Gump is a real good movie, at least for me, and if you think that's because ''we'' love only action movies, you should check I said at the beginning of this thread which movies I like, and I don't think American Beauty or K-PAX are action movies...

Avathar
12-24-2005, 01:30 PM
I actually wrote a review about the film Chronicles of Narnia for my school "newspaper". i wonder if you'll like it:

In the Second World-War many send thousands of British children to the farminglands, because the cities were interrupted by German bombardements. Because of this way, Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter Pevensie end up in the mansion of one professor Kirke. When Lucy is hiding in a wardrobe, she suddenly enters the magical world of Narnia. There she meets mister Tumnus, a friendly Faun, that tells her that his nation is going down under the tiranny of the White Witch. But apparently things will soon change, because an ancient prophecy tells the tale of 4 children, who with the assistance of the wise lion Aslan will put an end to the eternal winter, which has covered all lands of Narnia.
Now that Harry Potter has reached puberty, and Peter Jackson has left his Hobbits, the Disney-studio's have put all of their money (or some sleazy 180 million dollars) on this filmversion on one of the popular Narnia-books of youthwriter C.S. Lewis.
It was to be expected that the director Andrew Adamson (Shrek) would especially commit wonders on the visual aspects, with this rich fantasy-novel. The aesthetics seem to look somewhat strange, and the background-projections aren't always as succesfull, but the magical creatures look very real, by a mix of real actors and special effects.
But to mention, the entire atmosphere of the movie wouldn't really remind the audience to Lord of the Rings (even if C.S. Lewis was a good friend and colleague of J.R.R. Tolkien). It would rather link to more mysterious and more children-focused movies, like the Neverending Story, or Labyrint and such. But the difference is yet again the computereffects, such as used with Aslan (voice of Liam Neeson), but it never reaches the realistic level of the recent King Kong, altough it certainly beats Harry Potter in magic level (does anybody remember the lame-looking dragons? exactly).
The human actors are also doing a good job. Of the four children, the young Georgie Henley as the cute Lucy excells when she can't believe her eyes she's landed in a place like Narnia. Tilda Swinton takes care of the-probably unmeaned- sexual tension as the White Witch.
So in conclusion, forget Harry Potter, hang on during the slow first half of the movie, and ignore the Christian allegories. Just enjoy this better fantasy movie.

Outta 5..... i'lld give the Chronicles of Narnia 4 stars.

(these guys are also pretty keen about the Chronicles) (http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=zLElfJ9YCh0)

Luis
12-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Well done!
However, I'd give 3 stars out of 5.

Squall Leonhart
12-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Star wars all the man.(or woman)

Avathar
12-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Well, yeah, star wars is like legendaric :D , well, for me it is. I was like 9, 10 years old i first saw A New Hope on video. And by now: i've seen the first trilogy so many times, i've lost count.
(altough with Lord of the Rings i can keep the count, well.... let's just say i've seen Star Wars a lot!!)

Other movies i've seen so many times, that i forget how many times:

Reservoir Dogs
Ichi the Killer
(these are the films where i know entire scenes and dialogues from top to bottom)
Ghost in the Shell
Akira
A Night at the Opera (Marx Brothers)
Pulp Fiction
The Boondock Saints
Natural Born Killers

Squall Leonhart
12-28-2005, 01:51 PM
I was 7 years old I first saw A New Hope on video. It was like love at first sight :p .

Phoenix Flame
12-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Boondock Saints was awesome! I LIKED LOTR, but didn't think they were spectacular. I would like to read the books. I really loved the Matrix Trilogy.

Avathar
12-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Trust me, reasoniamalive: the books are hard to read..... but they're SO MUCH BETTER than the movies. :cool:

And, yeah, Boondock Saints is one of the best films i've ever seen!

The Matrix.....yeah, it's cool and all, but..... i totally didn't like the third part of the trilogy. I hated the end :mad:
What i do like, linking to the Matrix, is the Animatrix! First they gave it one tv, but now i've got the dvd. :p : a serie of animations (all manga) by some great artists.

slimcloud
02-08-2006, 01:47 PM
my fave has got to be the matrix trilogy coz iv not seen ff the movie

Avathar
02-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Best comedy films:

1. The Great Dictator
2. A Night at the Opera
3. The Producers

:) anyone else?

Tiny Bronco
05-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a cool thread so I'll post.

For Comedy the best movies(In my humble opinion) are...
1. Tommy Boy
2. Ace Venture
3. Mars Attack
Other just plain awwwsome movies
1. The ORIGINAL Star Wars.
2. LotRs movies.(Wish they would make a hobbit) And if you haven't read the books or the Hobbit please do.
3. The Rock.
4. The great Escape.
5. 20,000 Leaguse Under the Sea.
5. Second and third Jurrasic Parks. (I just finished the book and it was great.)

Avathar
05-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Also one of the best comedies ever: Office Space. ^__^

And for those that like Tarantino's style, they should go and check out these two:

- Man Bites Dog (the big inspiration for Tarantino :) )
- My Best Friend's Birthday (his unofficial first film ^^)

Toshiharu
05-28-2006, 11:58 AM
big trouble in little china
ace ventura - legit is to funny
battle royal
FFVII AC
idle hands
gone is 60 seconds
lion king - such a good movie
finding nemo is awsome
STAR WARS

Sephiroth v.2
06-13-2006, 03:40 AM
star wars the lord of the rings and M.I:1,2!

Seyluv
06-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Lord of the rings.

richboywonder
07-16-2006, 03:24 PM
lord of the rings
&
star wars

darkshadow2247
07-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Forrest Gump. 'nuff said.

Kat
07-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Click-starring adam sandler

Da Chink
07-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Click-starring adam sandler
that movie rox!

GhostBusters!

Kat
07-28-2006, 05:38 PM
FF-advent children

Hydra
07-28-2006, 06:21 PM
The Waterboy and Billy Madison
(Adam Sandler)

Ace Ventura:Pet Detective/When Nature Calls
(Jim Carey)

:D I'll post more later. :P

Avathar
07-29-2006, 03:05 PM
FF-advent children

:(

Anyways, here's a big ass summary of my favs :P

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Mulholland Drive
Clockwork Orange
Dr. Strangelove
Bin-Jip
Apocalypse now
Dogville
Dancer in the Dark
Hable con ella
Todo sobre mi madre
Star Wars
Sin City
Any way the wind blows
Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain
Donnie Darko
The Nighmare before Christmas
Beetlejuice
Ichi The Killer
A Night At The Opera
Duck Soup
The Boondock Saints
Natural Born Killers
Man Bites Dog
The Producers
Me, You, and everyone we know
The Great Dictator
My Best Friend's Birthday
My Life Without Me

blackstar
01-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I love starwars and the lotr but if i was going to die and could watch 1 movie I would have to say..... StarWars Episode 6 the Return of the Jedi

Hydra
01-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Considering Tony Jaa does his own stunts, I love The Protector.

That, and Rounders. Rounders is the best card game movie you'll ever see. =D