PDA

View Full Version : What's the name of Cloud's wolf?

My hero Squall
03-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Ok well, I didn't really know how to explain this so i"ll do my best.
In FFVII the main character has a ?GF? (just like in FFVIII Squall's GF was a lion). Now I know that Cloud's animal is a wolf but I want to know the name of the wolf and what it signifies.
Like just how Squall's lion's name is Griever and signifies Strength and pride I think. Any ideas?

Phoenix Flame
03-08-2008, 02:37 AM
I have no clue...originally, I thought it was a lion's head - but now I think I would have to agree w/you that it looks more like a wolf's head...

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s268/reasoniamalive/Cloud_Strife_FFAC_by_Sleepar.jpg

Spec Highwind
03-08-2008, 07:07 AM
A wolf does appear in AC near where buster sword is...

My hero Squall
03-08-2008, 08:04 PM
You guys can't be too familiar with FFVII. It's a wolf. You'd know if you played the game and read alot about it and watched Advent Children...

And no offense, but if you read my first post you will find that you are spamming my thread. Please don't post here if you don't know what the wolf signifies... Those of you that do, your information is much appreciated.

THank you.

Spec Highwind
03-08-2008, 08:21 PM
We both posted on-topic, so, if you would please just wait patiently

Phoenix Flame
03-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Now I know that Cloud's animal is a wolf but I want to know the name of the wolf and what it signifies.

I think I would have to agree w/you that it looks more like a wolf's head...

A wolf does appear in AC near where buster sword is...

...so how were we spamming? o_O

BTW: relax and let the professionals do the mod work 'round these parts. = 3

...I'm sure one of the 5 other active members here will know the truth to your burning question... XD;

Edit: Ok...I couldn't wait either. It was eating me alive...so.....I.......googled it! =X
http://strife.midgar-rock.org/man.php?wolf
OMGoshtherej00go!

My hero Squall
03-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks bud. I'm sorry I came down so harsh but they were spamming because wolf are just keywords. I asked what it meant. But anyway, your information is much appreciated and has helped me gain more understanding. Cheers!

ShadowHeart
03-13-2008, 03:37 AM
You guys can't be too familiar with FFVII. It's a wolf. You'd know if you played the game and read alot about it and watched Advent Children...
I never noticed anything about a wolf in the actual game, nor have I heard anyone else mention it before. Yes, I have seen Advent Children, but I'm talking about the game - you're basically saying that if you're familiar with the game you would know about the wolf. Where in the game do you see this wolf?

My hero Squall
03-13-2008, 11:32 PM
THIS TOPIC CAN NOW ME LOCKED as I have got my answer and and am content with it. And because people can't seem to be staying on topic, if you have any queries please PM them to me, do not spam my thread please.

Phoenix Flame
03-14-2008, 12:39 AM
Ok...Squall, fellow FFNET'er. Please relax. You asked about the wolf and it's symbological significance. Consequently - you got your answer, and that's great. However, the members were just asking a few questions about what you were talking about...which is NOT spamming. Spamming is what KB loves to do a lot. ;p

In addition, you're getting 'feisty' with a mod, a former mod, and someone I'd consider mod-worthy. I won't go as far as say that this is a warning - just a suggestion...you've been here a little under two years, you have a little more than 100 posts (at the time I'm typing this) and...LORD knows we need the members. Just back off a little, ok? ^^; Thanks.

My hero Squall
03-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Alright bud, you win. Reason I haven't posted here for ages is last time I was on here, about a year ago I think, there were two members that were spamming every single thread and using them like an msn conversation and I was sick of it. But I see that has been sorted out. Good on ya mods. Glad to see this forum is still active and the improvements that have been made to it are pretty cool. Give yourselves a pat on the back, you deserve it! :)

Phoenix Flame
03-14-2008, 05:58 AM
Thanks My Hero Squall. xD We try to stay on-topic for the most part...although sometimes its fun to let the conversation run amuck just for a laugh. ;)

BTW: I'll leave the thread open for now...we still haven't answered shadow heart's question about the appearances of the wolf in VII... which I BELIEVE is just on Cloud's uniform alone...or maybe he didn't even have it until AC. *confuzzed*

I'm gonna look it up real quick.

Meh! I'm too lazy to resize the original... so here's a link. =3

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/Cloud_Strife_art.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php%3Ftopic_id%3D25061891%26union_id% 3D8805&h=1210&w=1010&sz=140&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=Vb18zcAJv8ZXvM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=125&prev=/images%3Fq%3DCloud%2BStrife%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26r ls%3Dcom.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLG

Doesn't look like he has that emblem in the original Squaresoft piccy of 'em. So its an AC thing? Did he have a Cloudy Wolf emblem/ring on 'em in Kingdom Hearts?

Doctor
03-16-2008, 04:06 AM
Okay, I read this whole thread, and I'm a bit peeved.

My hero Squall, I hate to put this so bluntly, but, lighten up. Just because nobody had an answer to your question right away, doesn't mean that they were spamming. They didn't do anything wrong, I ASSURE you. At least, you have your answer now. I'm glad for that.

And, I don't recall seeing ANY wolf whatsoever on, or near, Cloud, except for in AC.

Quizastotl
03-23-2008, 08:47 PM
If I had a sword with an animal on it i think the animal would be a fox... or a goat

Kat
04-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh, wow.
I never knew any of this.
O_O

Now that I've read that whole article, that was pretty...interesting.
I always thought it just meant like strength, or something "simple" like that.
..Awesome.

_XxRikuxX_
05-01-2008, 01:13 PM
The Name of the wolf IS FENRIR!!! u guys have never played final fantasy VII Dirge Of cerberus??? He calls the Wolf Himself Fenrir! and Fenrir is a very popular WOLF in all the final fantasys, includin FF9 Eidolon - Fenri (a wolf) and FFX enemy Fenrir (a wolf) ETC.. in all the final fantasys is a wolf called fenrir...think about ff7 where is fenrir?? it isn't because fenrir is the name of the wolf and OF THE BIKE HE RIDES!!! Fenrir

strife
09-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Ok well, I didn't really know how to explain this so i"ll do my best.
In FFVII the main character has a ?GF? (just like in FFVIII Squall's GF was a lion). Now I know that Cloud's animal is a wolf but I want to know the name of the wolf and what it signifies.
Like just how Squall's lion's name is Griever and signifies Strength and pride I think. Any ideas?

I always thought that the wolf was a personification of Zack, not Cloud.

clief101_
09-27-2009, 01:38 PM
at no point in the original game does cloud have anything to do with a wolf, other than of course fighting them in the many constant random battles. he names his bike in AC (he got it before the events in AC) Fenrir, but at no stage did he derive that name from the bike he rode to escape midgar, nor does it even say the name of the bike.

TherathxRikku
10-26-2009, 11:28 AM
A wolf is the symbol of loneliness or repressiveness. It symbolizes that Cloud can't let go of the past, both that Aerith and Zack died and he "failed" to protect them. In short, th wolf has no name, other than Sorrow.

rissole25
10-27-2009, 05:11 AM
Yes, Sorrow. I guess that would be the only name for it. It's represents a lot of things to Cloud and I guess Sorrow would basically be all those things in short.

TherathxRikku
10-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Regret, too, but that leads back to sorrow. The wolf really says a lot of things about the game if you didn't play or finish it. But, essentially, it has little to do with Cloud and more with Zack and Aerith, since Cloud's sorrow and regret centers around those two.

clief101_
10-27-2009, 08:50 AM
its like a reminder to cloud about how he let them down and couldnt do a thing for them. in the world he is all alone, thats y at the end of AC he realises that hes not alone

TherathxRikku
10-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Perty (southern talk, ftw!!) much, yeah.

UltimaFenrir
02-13-2011, 01:52 AM
The Wolf is call Fenrir it symbolizes loneliness... something like that

Tip Daniels
05-17-2011, 05:23 PM
red XIII

RPGgamer
05-10-2012, 09:31 AM
To be honest i dont see a wolf