PDA

View Full Version : Rinoa -- Worth it?

Gunslinger
01-20-2005, 11:40 AM
A long, long, long, long time ago i posted a similiar post to this and got a VERY mixed reaction.

Is it just me is Rinoa the most camp, wet and ditsy woman to have disgraced Final Fantasy? At every point in the game i was as unpleasant as possible to her!!! I really do wish that i had a choice about weather to rescue her form space!

Throughout the game all she does is slow down the story and is far to nice to just about everyone.

She is like a cross between every FF woman ever, a result of which is she doesnt have a personality!

I think after this game Square started thinking about their female characters a bit more, i thought LuLu was a wicked character, but again Yuna was lame.

Gumdrop
01-20-2005, 12:10 PM
ha! reading your post was most amusing and refreshing, I feel exactly the same as you do about Rinoa and Yuna, I realy don't understand why people like those two, they truly are awful characters and I was also rde to Riona whenever possible, I can imagine a lot of people have flamed you for writing this post else where though! thank you for posting your opinion I was starting to think I was alone in thinking they were bad characters!

Gunslinger
01-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah i got absolutly taken to peices.......mad the mistake of saying she was the worst character in the game!!! Loads of people were saying she was the best character in the game, which i couldnt comment on as I'm proud to say I've never used her!!!

Best characters gotta be Irvine or Squall power-wise surely?? Both have EVIL limit breaks...

ShadowHeart
01-21-2005, 12:05 PM
I really don't like Rinoa battle-wise, but I have no problem with her story-wise :) She can be a little annoying in the earlier parts of the game, but she gets better as she and Squall get closer :D I did use Rinoa in battle through one game, but I never will again. Ugh lol.

And I'd say Zell is better than Irvine combat-wise, if you're good with Duel you can deal craploads of damage per turn (I read some maniac managed to get 400-500k damage in 1 single Duel). Quistis also has some kickass limit breaks.. although Degenerator has gotta be one of the cheapest spells ever made. I've never seen it fail on any random encounter. She has a limit break magic that can exceed 9999 damage too :D

As for Yuna, I don't see what the problem is? I'm not saying I like her a lot, but I don't dislike her either. Then I have a bigger problem with Tidus and Rikku, story-wise :)

Gumdrop
01-21-2005, 05:13 PM
I can imagine you did, loads of people love her,lol.
as for Yuna I just find her painfully boring! I have no idea why people love her so much and when they tried to make her more interesting for f10-2 she just looked slutty, and her persionality was stull dull.

Zatsugaku
01-23-2005, 07:39 PM
rinoa is a 'bit' pitiful when it comes to battling, that little kite thing she fires just doesnt float any boats on my pond. as for a character, i guess she's ok, mysterious at first and rescuable later on, quistis is a far better character in my opinion in battling and story wise

Lion Heart
01-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Wow I must be in a real minority here. Rinoa was one of my favorite characters from the game and I used her in battle all the time. You can't tell me that Wishing Star isn't an awesome attack. But anyway I won't say much else since it looks like I'm about one of the only Rinoa likers here lol

Gumdrop
01-24-2005, 07:49 AM
if you like her you can say as much as you like in her favour, its good to have different opions it gets conversations going (just as long as nobody gets upset and starts being rude). I have to agree she is fine in battle, she was a bit weak at he sart of the game and my normal party consists of squall (duh), zell and quists, but I used rinoa and irvine to beat omega weapon becuase she is much better if you train her, its just her annoying persionality that I dont like.

ShadowHeart
01-24-2005, 08:17 AM
I think Rinoa's limit breaks are pathetic.. and in FF7/8 I define a character's useability in combat by how much I like their limit breaks :p So she's the worst character in the game combat-wise IMO :)

she is much better if you train her

Training/leveling up is severly overrated in FF8 :D More fun to play with as low as possible levels ;)

Gumdrop
01-24-2005, 09:41 AM
what about he <insert dogs name> revive? very useful if you all happen to die you get a second chance and there is another useful one i seem to remember....anyway in my opinion the worst combat wise is Selphie :P

ShadowHeart
01-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Okay okay, Selphie and Rinoa can tie for it :)

That revive thing can be nice, but in the file where I used Rinoa throughout the game I think he did that revive thing like once ever. It's way too random to be useful (you can not rely on it), same goes for Selphie's limit break. Apparently you can control what limit breaks Angelo learns, and thus which ones he will use, but I still find most of the other characters' limit breaks far more useful :)

FFnut
01-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Invincible Moon was the only thing that stood betwen me and death while I was Tonberry Hunting for the Tonberry GF. I gained a lot of respect for Rinoa that day (having the Tonberry GF on Disc 2? The shopping abilites should all be learned by Esthar, and then you can REALLY have fun shopping.)

Gumdrop
01-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Rinoa does seem suprisingly good in tough boss fights, I wonder why that is 0_0 thanks shadowheart you reminded me what the dogs name was I could not remember before,lol.

ShadowHeart
01-24-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't remember having any problems getting the Tonberry GF... was a while ago though...

Gumdrop
01-24-2005, 11:44 AM
he was not that tough, but like I said I said I used Rinoa in my party to defeat omega weapon and he IS tough :P

ShadowHeart
01-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Why, just to be able to use Invincible Moon?

Gumdrop
01-24-2005, 11:56 AM
nope, because I junctioned all my most powerful magics on to each character to see who had top stats and both Rinoa and Irvine had the best in that save ^_^ she never uses invinsable moon for me (damn her). so Rinoa can b useful in battle she's just a pin the rest of the time :P

-did you ever fight Omega? hes a tough weapon, harder than ff7's if you ask me.

ShadowHeart
01-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Well, the other characters can do much more damage in a lot less time than her :D She only has single-attack limit breaks coupled with a few non-attack ones.. So I don't see her usefulness, really, but if you say she got nice stats.. I dunno about that.

Yes I did beat Omega.. using Hero Drinks or whatever they are called. They make one character invincible for a short time, you can get 100 from Laguna's card... which you probably know :) I tried long and hard to beat him without them, but it turned out too hard.. maybe I just ain't good enough. Was quite easy with them Hero Drinks though. And yeah, he's definately tougher than the FF7 weapons I'd say. Although Squall and Zell could make short work of him with their limit breaks and with Meltdown on him in not too too many turns, the problem is just to keep them alive long enough hehe.

Oh and I just started up another game trying to get through at even lower level than last time (ie, less than lvl 19). Going to try to beat Omega Weapon too with low lvl.. Of course, while using Hero Drinks again. I *might* try without them again hehe, if not just for fun :) Currently at lvl 9, hopefully I won't get any higher :D

Gumdrop
01-24-2005, 03:44 PM
heh, for some reasion I never thought of useing hero drinks ^_^'' I just found Rinoa to be very useful against the weapon...you should try to beat him with out useing hero drinks :D

Lion Heart
01-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Ya know you can bump up her luck stat with junctioning and she'll use the good limit breaks a lot more. Angelo will also use the Angelo Revive thing a lot more. By the time I got done, he would do it almost once per battle at least if one of my characters were knocked out.

ShadowHeart
01-24-2005, 07:28 PM
I already tried, heavens cloud, but I failed utterly.. but I'll try again some day. Not sure I'm good enough though ;)

Gumdrop
01-25-2005, 07:42 AM
I'm sure you are good enough it just akes training and pacience, good luck ;)

Cloud_Heartilly
03-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Well i gotta ask you guys something (i know its been about 1 month since the last reply :P) have you even thought of the Angel Wing limit break combo that can deal up to 250,000 damage every turn? some people consider it cheating, and yes it does take away some of the challenges but then again it's just a really smart combination of commands and character setups so i don't consider it cheating.
I was really surprised when i didn't see one single person say anything about this considering this thread is focusing on Rinoa.
I registered just to get this said so i hope someone sees it :P

FFnut
03-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Interesting... I've never heard of that combo. Care to post exactly how to pull it off?

Gumdrop
03-01-2005, 07:45 PM
I never heard of it either, but I'm interested now,lol :)
btw welcome to the forum ;)

Spiff
03-02-2005, 12:40 PM
have you even thought of the Angel Wing limit break combo that can deal up to 250,000 damage every turn?

Yes.

The Limit Breaks make the game too easy though. Anyway, I usually have Rinoa, Sqaull and Zell in my party to destroy people. IMO, those three are the 3 strongest.

XeroFF7
03-02-2005, 10:25 PM
i use the weakest people cause ur lvl equals there power

ShadowHeart
03-03-2005, 04:45 AM
No.. the junctioning equals your chararacters' power.

Shaggy
03-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Are you sure shadow? Never set it up that way?

ShadowHeart
03-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Huh? No idea what you're talking about.

But yes, junctioning is what determines how strong you are. Strength in this game is relative to the monsters anyway, and then usually the lower levels you have equals the stronger you are compared to the monsters. But without proper junctioning, any character is weak at any level.

Shaggy
03-05-2005, 03:15 AM
Well then you did understand..:p

Spiff
03-06-2005, 04:55 PM
New Question. Can you beat the game without understanding? ;)

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-12-2005, 06:04 AM
Oh yeah, Rinoa can get on my nerves sometimes...correction...all of the time. I wish Squall had gotten together with somone else Quistis, Selphie, Adel...anyone but Rinoa. That's why I write so many anti-squinoa fics. But seriously, she gets into trouble ALOT, does she ever think that she might GET KILLED?

Tha[M]noS
04-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Ok..starting from the TOP
1.Rinoa as a character in the story:Bad!especially at the beginning..All this "i am the best" and "you are all my slaves" and "i am daddy's spoiled little girl" thing got on my nerves!wanted to slap her(like the very accurate for the occasion Prodigy song title)MAN i just could not stand her...i mean i killed her in the very first battle i had just for revenge..and dragged her knocked out around and never revived her till i hade to fight the very persistent aliens in ragnarock..after that i fought a Bite Bug slayed her and fled the battle..-as humiliating as could be-
2.Rinoa as a character for the story to proceed:vital...how unfortunate!
3.Rinoa as a character in battle:Usefull...Very Usefull...back up and healer!No wonder why all of you dont use her once the only limit break you can rely on is Angel wing with a good Mag and Angelo invincibility...what about the one and only kick-but limit wich causes 100k dam?-I dont remember the name man it has been a long time ago..
The screen goes blue like being at space with planets and stuff and angelo starts hittin like a bullet from all directions one enemy about 10 times each for 9999 dam..
Dont know about you guys but as soon as i saw that .... she did get "some bonus points on my drunken skout" as the Mountain King sais(Warcraft 3RoC)

Summary:...if i Didn't like her hair that much...she would still be knocked out!!!!

Zynk
04-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I hate Rinoa I could do as much dmg with Zell

Zardoz
04-28-2005, 02:22 AM
I just felt so tired every time she was in scenes.

xoBabyGurl22ox
05-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Ok people in my opinion it just wouldn't be Final Fantasy 8 without Rinoa. I mean her personality can get annoying sometimes(she is kinda childish) but thats what makes you determined to just hurry and finish the game. YA know? Battle wise I used her all the time by the end of the game I had her doing 9,999 damage per hit. But that is how good I am at the game. :)

gcarev10
11-27-2005, 01:35 PM
She is a Safer girl ,after him arrival Squall, who is she, she is a .... i dont like that person.
What sort of person can love Safer, maybe she loves violent tips.

Phoenix Flame
11-29-2005, 11:14 PM
noS']Ok..starting from the TOP
1.Rinoa as a character in the story:Bad!especially at the beginning..All this "i am the best" and "you are all my slaves" and "i am daddy's spoiled little girl" thing got on my nerves!wanted to slap her(like the very accurate for the occasion Prodigy song title)MAN i just could not stand her...i mean i killed her in the very first battle i had just for revenge..and dragged her knocked out around and never revived her till i hade to fight the very persistent aliens in ragnarock..after that i fought a Bite Bug slayed her and fled the battle..-as humiliating as could be-
3.Rinoa as a character in battle:Usefull...Very Usefull...back up and healer!No wonder why all of you dont use her once the only limit break you can rely on is Angel wing with a good Mag and Angelo invincibility...what about the one and only kick-but limit wich causes 100k dam?-I dont remember the name man it has been a long time ago..
The screen goes blue like being at space with planets and stuff and angelo starts hittin like a bullet from all directions one enemy about 10 times each for 9999 dam..
Dont know about you guys but as soon as i saw that .... she did get "some bonus points on my drunken skout" as the Mountain King sais(Warcraft 3RoC)

Summary:...if i Didn't like her hair that much...she would still be knocked out!!!!

All I can say is...ROFLMAO!!!

neokiller
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
well i think i'm the only one who loved rhinoa then its just too bad :(

Squall Lionheart
01-24-2006, 08:13 PM
noS']Ok..starting from the TOP

I can't belive any of you people...the things you would dare to say about Angelic rinoa....
1- What did she ever do to give ''I am the best'' or the other one...as for the daddy thing you call....she is fighting and killing dear dady's soldiers and even superiors...she just wants freedom....is it so hard to understand that she is the most pure-hearted & follows it always (Which is why she gets in peril alot of times) coming to the point she wants to help from all her heart and taking part in battles
2-I will get YOU for that......
3- So what if she is not the best fighter?????
Gcarev10 you are next on my list......Rinoa barely knew Seifer so he could introduce her to Headmaster Cid.....PROOF: Upon hearing about Seifer's excution she never even knew if he was her boyfriend!!!!!!

My Summary: I'm really angry I never arrived early to stop this mess....and the people on my list better prepare......when they dare...

Zeromus_X
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
rinoa wasnt really annoying to me. her limit break is really good too, if you take advantage of it. (angel wing, i mean.)

Squall Leonhart
01-25-2006, 12:52 AM
rinoa wasnt really annoying to me. her limit break is really good too, if you take advantage of it. (angel wing, i mean.)

I agree. Never used her in battles, though. (Okay, the red space ship doesn't count!)

GoDLikE
02-01-2006, 01:56 PM
I agree that Rinoa is a bit pitiful,first time SeeDs try to kill the sorceress,Rinoa tries her best but she doesn't get any one's attention,and nearly becomes the sacrifice.Then the second time of that,Rinoa becomes a Sorceress and unconscious,she cann't make her own decicion.
I think FF8 has a problem that Why Rinoa and Squall begin to love each other?
For Squall,Rinoa try to let him know that the world is wonderful,and tell him to say out his feeling,not to be alone.
For Rinoa,Squall saves her several times even at the cost of his own safety.
Is that really so?I just think there could be more details about them,i see they nearly never exchange their own feelings,only"Eys on Me" is not enough.

Squall Lionheart
02-01-2006, 09:23 PM
If you know Squall..........would you expect anything out of him? hasn't noticed the change until Rinoa went in a coma & found out what was nearly lost........

ShadowHeart
02-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Sometimes you don't know how much you like/love something until you lose it.

Squall Lionheart
02-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Well the following are on my list for their previous statements.....you can express an oppinion as far as I'm concerned but you don't get carried away in a free-oppinion revolution when you're being negative....:

I-Tha[M]noS (X-tremly high) (Damn List)

II-gcarev10 (Very High) (Safer girl then she is...)

III-Gunslinger (M-H) (Disgrace,worst,proud)

IV-Angel of Apocolypse (M) (nerves,correction all time)

....What follows each name is the likelihood of me tearing them apart if they dare to fight me!....

I respect an oppinion but not respecting mine makes you my sworn enemy......

bamaguy6
02-12-2006, 06:07 PM
i use quistuis zell and squall im the best with them 3.

gcarev10
02-19-2006, 12:36 PM
To Squall lionheart:
I exsept that but i like to be on the 1-st pleace ,
for her ,she is safer women and she now was a squall women what that thing i say 4 her hhmmm, Gyuaahhahaha. can some1 help me abaut that batle pass what i lost can i have back these guy have some thing on me. (HOW can i lost that pasword damm)

Squall Lionheart
02-19-2006, 02:32 PM
You......IDIOT.......
Rinoa was never Seifer's girlfriend.....never....
she never even loved him.....If you know anything you should know that........I'm calling you for a battle RIGHT NOW...

gcarev10
02-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Sorry man u a wrong chek galbadia garden when safer was lost( he go with ultimecia) in the room when all character have something to say abaut safer she said that she was safer women and that he was in the resistance movement and then she was with safer, chek that things and u see for u self no meter what was hapent from ours batle. U A WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squall Lionheart
02-26-2006, 06:15 PM
....I already KNOW what happened....., but you answer me if I'm wrong...how come she wasn't sad when Seifer's excution was announced in Galdibia..... or when she said by herself :" I don't know if he was even my boyfriend....." what you don't understand is that I don't deny that they already KNEW each other..... but love had nothing to do with it......& he DIDN'T join her resistance group AT ALL....he just introduced her to the Headmaster at that time.............

Why are so many people trying to make hell out of her life?........
don't they have other things to do in their own lifes?
or are they already living their own bad life, so they can't stand others living normaly?
That's why I shouldn't care much about what people say......
But when it comes to your reputation......you fight whoever tries to dishonor it out of their own personal oppinion......
i won't stand for it......

Understand that the Battle isn't my way of convincing you.....it wouldn't make any sense......
but when your oppinon is disrespectfull & WRONG....then you don't have my respect & become my enemy so I fight you.......

Zeromus_X
02-26-2006, 07:39 PM
I respect an oppinion but not respecting mine makes you my sworn enemy......[/B]

And you must understand that the members of this forum are also entitled to their own opinions :) Not all will agree with you, but that by no means means they dislike you. It also should not mean that you should automatically make them your enemy just because they don't agree with your every opinion.

Avathar
02-26-2006, 07:53 PM
You......IDIOT.......
Rinoa was never Seifer's girlfriend.....never....
she never even loved him.....If you know anything you should know that........I'm calling you for a battle RIGHT NOW...

Sorry man u a wrong chek galbadia garden when safer was lost( he go with ultimecia) in the room when all character have something to say abaut safer she said that she was safer women and that he was in the resistance movement and then she was with safer, chek that things and u see for u self no meter what was hapent from ours batle. U A WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :cool: People, people, either you like her, or you don't. Arguements are good, but shouting doesn't help :) Oh, and i liked Rinoa, had no problems with her, really :) .

((Maybe i should start a poll: Rinoa, Good :) or Bad :mad: ) :D lol!)

Squall Lionheart
02-27-2006, 10:46 AM
And you must understand that the members of this forum are also entitled to their own opinions :) Not all will agree with you, but that by no means means they dislike you. It also should not mean that you should automatically make them your enemy just because they don't agree with your every opinion.

......disagreeing is one thing....but cursing /dishonoring someone you like makes enemys, ex: I can say I don't like someone....but I DON'T say that his a DUMBASS.......get serious....What's said about her is too much ALREADY....

Avathar
02-27-2006, 12:22 PM
....I already KNOW what happened....., but you answer me if I'm wrong...how come she wasn't sad when Seifer's excution was announced in Galdibia..... or when she said by herself :" I don't know if he was even my boyfriend....." what you don't understand is that I don't deny that they already KNEW each other..... but love had nothing to do with it......& he DIDN'T join her resistance group AT ALL....he just introduced her to the Headmaster at that time.............

Well yeah :confused: you're definetly right about that :confused: How come gcarev10 believes that Rinoa was in love with Seifer?! :confused: Odd..........

Zeromus_X
02-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Well, it really is up to interpretation, but I personally believe they were very close friends/ had a brother/sister relationship than anything.

Of course, I don't like how they don't explore it that much, but she does fall in love with Squall anyway:P

gcarev10
03-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I am back , let as say something anaut that reputation what u talking abaut let we see u reputation we all see that u have good name sqall lionheart but u are acting like safer way ? becuse u dont respect eny opinion and people who have something to say agenst Riona or u'rs opinion u pick to fight to tham that is not way of sqall lionheart that is just for u and i have more to say U ARE MONKY ONA MY NECK AND I DONT LIKE THAT I WILL PUT U ON THE GROUND and i am close and runing just look over u beck and u see me no i will not coll u and giv u name ilke u said to me , ok that is u'rs reputation and we all see what she is.
When we are on she subject.
She is u know what ha ha ha ha ha ha and that is that
I will say more abaut that subject but not now
For now that is all.

Avathar
03-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Gcarev, before this really's getting outta control, i think it's much better that you keep these ..replies (which are obviously only towards Squall Lionheart) in a personal message. .........but it would be odd if it gets outta control, 'cause :confused: ....'cause Rinoa's still a computercharacter:D.

Squall Lionheart
03-19-2006, 07:44 PM
What you call "disrespecting your oppinion", I call defending against insults that people like you intend to say without even thinking.....

And to reply to your useless addition....

-This is the third time I repeat it, so try to understand for ONCE, If I insult any of your loved ones saying it's my free oppinion....what the heck are you expected to do....argue nicely?.....maybe he just doesn't get it.......or just wants to pick a fight.....

-Saying WE all see what she is, requires more than one person.....particulary you wacko... no one ever agrees on your wacked-up useless INSULT.....I don't expect evreybody to love her....but I don't expect ANYBODY to insult her......Why the hell am I the only one thinking this way?.....

-She is you know what and that is that....well I have only one answer to that...."That's insulting if you still don't get it...." or SHUT YOUR TRAP! ,(talking to moderators) How the heck is that even considered arguing.......and how long will you allow this guy to say this junk sh.. DAMMIT!....while I'm being warned about flaming/insult rule......didn't that guy break it about 4 times before I do.....he keeps on picking fights......well not for long!....I hope you understand.....I'll shread him to pieces...

-I will say more about that.....What the hell is there more to say, so far this guy has been repeating himself for more times than I can remember without adding anything new or useful in the process....... This guy's problem is none of my buisness...he keeps picking fights and I won't stand for it........ so moderators please act quickly......before I do.....

Arkacia
03-19-2006, 07:55 PM
ENOUGH! :mad:

All this crap over a fictional buch of pixels on a bloody screen. If any person can't discuss this subject without decending into hostile talk to other members, then don't discuss it at all.

The flameing, insults, name calling, hit lists and threats stop now, from ALL involved. One more post continuing this rubbish, and I'll go through this thread with a fine tooth comb, then start handing out warnings like they are candy.

gcarev10
03-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Ok ! If i understud u Arkacia usay no more speak abaut Riona ( but i just won now to put her under my scalpel ). Ok i will respect that but just for record that stands in front freedom fo speach. but if u all think that i will respect that. no more abaut Riona.

ShadowHeart
03-22-2006, 06:15 PM
She didn't say not to talk about Rinoa at all (she probably would have closed the thread if that's what she meant), just that if you can't talk about Rinoa without resorting to insults, flames, name-calling, etc, then you shouldn't post at all.

Lucavi86
03-22-2006, 07:17 PM
I think in FF VIII that they made a lot of their characters with flaws in order to make them a little more real and thats why people don't like them as much. I personally like Squall a great deal, but if I ask anyone around where I live what they think I'll get about the same kinda stuff you guys we're getting about Rinoa. But in all honesty they are just characters, not real people.

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Yes, I think they made them so 'down to earth' that they became stereotypical. Of course, I never usually complain about characters; those archetypes are found in many of the games anyway.

ShadowHeart
03-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Sometimes I get the feeling that every single 'type' of character has already been used. Hence, all kinds of characters are already cliche/steretypical. And if that's the case, then there's no point in saying that they are. I mean, no matter what kind of character you have in a game, it has to have something in common with some other character out there in some other game, it's inevitable basically..

Lucavi86
03-22-2006, 08:44 PM
I agree. You can't look at a character and not see a little bit of some other character in there someplace. Unconciously the creators add elements of something else when they create these characters. Plus there's no way every person is going to like every character out there. I was shocked to find people that don't like Aeris/Aerith and I thought every one liked her.

Squall Lionheart
03-22-2006, 09:56 PM
She didn't say not to talk about Rinoa at all (she probably would have closed the thread if that's what she meant), just that if you can't talk about Rinoa without resorting to insults, flames, name-calling, etc, then you shouldn't post at all.

Strange that he got it after the fourth time.....
Anyway I'm just upset because from the subject's title someone even has doubts about it.....

ShadowHeart
03-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Don't let it get to you. You can't go through life getting upset whenever someone dislikes something you do. Argue all you want, but don't lower yourself to their level if they take it that far. There is something called being the better man. It's useless to take it to the level of mudslinging 3-year olds.

Squall Lionheart
03-23-2006, 06:07 PM
I..........
...guess you're right......
No point arguing about it!

gcarev10
04-02-2006, 10:54 AM
ok with me i am ready to pass over that.
I know abaut riona i just wont to see what u thinking abaut that.
so we can speak abaut her i have something to say .
who is Riona?

douther of gen. caraway and her mother die when she was wery yung, member of timbre resistance movement, girl of safer and squll abaut that
safer girl:
u say that she was wery clos with him like brother and sister and we all know that they is noz brother and sister maybe just a friend but i dont think so , i think that i that relationship is a more then a friendship whay Riona say that she dont know is he is her boyfriens anymore that is u'rs answer, when saber become dark knight under ultimecija spel, and squall have order to help her to assassinate ultimesia (Edea) she became closer with him, that is just abaut squall and safer, but lets back to riona.
She have strong father figure like i say she father was generak caraway stron figure in her life, so when she became older she goes in the timber rebels just to proof that she can do that like her father meybe to impres him but she is a big girl now she need some perosn in her life to stand with her in the life so she faund that in the safer, but safer become dark knight of ultimesia and she was in the shock when that hapend and she dont know what to do so she was faund 1 more person to replace safer strong figure in her life and that is squall , that is what i see in her.
Way i don like her?
Because she was so pushe, and she was safer girl or maybe just that , that she like him and these 2 person was not brother and sister so it wos something diferent then simple friendship( i dont like her because she was girl of my sworn enemi and tzhat is that ) that i just wont to say.

Squall Lionheart
04-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Your point of view is wrong about Rinoa being Seifer's girlfriend, sorry ShadowHeart....evreyone! I just can't ......stand for it! since her exact words upon hearing that he was excuted in Galdibia Garden was " I don't know if he was my boyfriend!"..........

.............and to settle this once and for all, if a loved one of yours got killed..... will you just sit silently confused.... (no crying, no sadness, nothing at all...) meaning that they were never in love, thought the only right thing about what you said is that she finds comfort with Squall like her mother.......

And another thing.....I meant to say her mother because she used to hate her father for following dictator president Vinzer Deling who shot her friends parents (Zone and Watts), she even nammed herself after her mother (I don't think you ever heard of a Rinoa Caraway!)......She doesn't want or need to prove anything, she just dreamed about liberating Timber............

So eventually you'll have to face it that these are just your own oppinions but they have no real basis, it's just your problem that you don't like her, but don't ever think about insulting her......I hope evreyone else agrees with me.......

If not then shut me up!....

trace
04-06-2006, 01:31 AM
i think ill state my opinion... even if it is a lil late... i personally don't have a problem with rinoa, and i can understand how some ppl can dislike her, but not to the extreme that i notice alot of ppl are saying that they HATE her... i liked her myself, her chara did kinda get annoying, but that mainly stemed from her trying to get the ever-so-stubborn squall to open up, but other than that she was really sweet, and friendly.
as a fighter, shes my favorite (next to squall) i dont know why everyone thinks shes a weak fighter... granted that it all depends primarily on junctioned magic. (and yes i may have given her a str up or two... cause i wanna keep her strong)... but her limit breaks are the best in the game... cause angelo (or whatever you named him) is really usefull, with invincible moon, the potion skill, the revive skill, and the counter skill. and her atks are just as strong as everyone else... in my game she ties squall for highest atk (and thats when she was 5 lvs below him) angelo pwns tho... itd suck without the dog...

my conclusion =)... rinoas one of the better charas, and shes only considered annoying because squalls got issues... not saying i dislike squall, but he does have issues.

Zeromus_X
04-06-2006, 02:19 AM
I only really found it annoying to have to save her so many times...-I-;; I don't think her character is annoying, just having to...save her...so many...times...in...the game...:p

Anyway, here's some Rinoa Amano artwork:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/Rinoa-witten3.jpg

(It should be noted that all Amano FF women will have blonde hair. Period.)

ShadowHeart
04-06-2006, 02:56 PM
but her limit breaks are the best in the game... cause angelo (or whatever you named him) is really usefull, with invincible moon, the potion skill, the revive skill, and the counter skill.
*cough*250k damage easily per turn with Zell*cough* :)
No but honestly, I don't agree. For me, it's all about the damage. Attack is the best defense ;) You don't really need those skills anyway.. the game is not that hard.. Sure I can understand though if you're the defensive kind of player :)

Zeromus_X
04-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Well, Rinoa's only casts spells in her inventory, but it uses none in stock, while her Magic stat becomes 255. :) She's very good in a low level game (Meteor), but yeah, Zell's Limit Break blows everyone else's out of the water, if you really want to abuse Armageddon Fist :p

Squall Lionheart
04-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Both are good and have their own combat skills......

Lucavi86
04-06-2006, 10:06 PM
I think Rinoa is really cool. She has to be to put up with Squall when hes in one of his moods. I use her in my main party in all my FF8 files when I can. The only thing I don't like about her is her weapons. They always struck me as weird.

Zeromus_X
04-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Ack! I forgot to add to put only the spell you want to use for Angel Wing in Rinoa's inventory, in case that wasn't already implied. :P

gcarev10
04-09-2006, 10:46 AM
OK U ASK FOR IT.

I will taling u the true, i will quote the game.
I will start in the point in galbadia garden when they all knowing the news zhat seofer was executed the story goes like that.

QUOTE GAME:

Riona:

I rilly like him.

Quistis:

Your boyfriend?

Riona:

I dont rilly know (ME=coz seifer never said her abaut his filings)
I....
I think i was in love (ME=what to think ar u in or u not)

Selphie:

do you still like him?

Riona:

If i didnt. I wouldnt be taling abaut it.
It was last summer.....( ME=yeah i know what u did last sammer ha ha ha )
I was 16 (ME=swet 16 Billy Idol ha ha ha)
lots of found memories ( ME=yeah i beth u have)

END QUOTE GAME:

What i think abaut that story

If u ask me i think that he was her 1-st whay i think that we mast start in the point that is 1-st game with human characters and the human characters have human anilities so if we start from our selfs we all know what is hapening here so dont run araund the bush and be truefull abaut urs selfs and see the point.
What u say abaut her father and her that is stands but she need strong figure in her life so 1-st is seifer and the 2-nd is squall and that is that.
I think that i dont need to say this but i will.

DO I MAST DROW PICTURE FOR U THAT U SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE

Squall Lionheart
04-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Don't let it get to you. You can't go through life getting upset whenever someone dislikes something you do. Argue all you want, but don't lower yourself to their level if they take it that far. There is something called being the better man. It's useless to take it to the level of mudslinging 3-year olds.

What the hell was I thinking.....

I thought that what you say might have influenced on people's oppinions.......
but I was wrong after hearing their words.....

Say what you want gcarev10......... I don't care anymore......I will only answer if people who's oppinions matter to me started to agree on your fictional oppinions...

There is no harm done as long as you're arguing......Whatever...

......but if you try to insult Rinoa one more time...
...I'll beat you again before they will get a chance to expel you....

Arkacia
04-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Right, that is it.

Squall Lionheart, you are just too protective of a fictional charater. This isn't a real person, it is an idea, an name on a TV screen, a picture no different from a cartoon character. This charater will never know or care who does or doesn't like it, or insults its character, or its game for that matter. I could understand if you were defending a flesh and blood person, but this stuff over a bunch of coloured pixels is getting too much.

*Thread Closed*