PDA

View Full Version : rpg thingy

Zeromus_X
08-19-2005, 09:34 PM
well...i just have a few issues with the whole rpg thingy. i have to post to get alot of gil, but i dont want to post a million times for no reason. this is because it takes alot of gil (to me, it seems) to heal completely. it would seem this would be solved if either you get more gil for posting , or if its cheaper to rest. (because , to gain exp, id need to fight, and if i fight, i die alot because im at level one.)
just wanted to get that off my mind.... :)

ShadowHeart
08-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Shaggy is working on the parameter settings.. he may make healing cheaper, who knows. But I agree, healing is FAR too expensive. I've been at ~20 HP for days now because I refuse to spend all my money on something like 10%-20% healing!

And don't post just to get money (unless you really do have something to add to the thread). Meaningless posts are spam and not allowed.. :)

Shaggy
08-21-2005, 12:54 AM
I just changed the cost of it. It was set at 1 gil for every 1 hp. I just moved to .25 gil for every 1 hp. Hope that helps?

Zeromus_X
08-21-2005, 02:41 AM
cool! :) (in ff2, it was like , half a gil per point of hp and mp , so this is good!)

ShadowHeart
08-21-2005, 04:52 AM
Bah, there should be an Inn with a constant price for full healing like in any RPG ever made almost :)

It's still expensive to heal.. I have 450 max HP, that's 112.5 Gil for full healing... and that's almost 30 posts. I rather spend that money on items, bleh :/

Zeromus_X
08-21-2005, 02:23 PM
that would be even better! :)

Coelie
08-21-2005, 03:22 PM
You dont get money for a battle won do you ?

ShadowHeart
08-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Nope. I beat a couple of monsters and didn't win a single Gil, only Exp.

Shaggy
08-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Like I said, I'm looking into this still. I also would love to win Gil from monsters, but couldn't find a section to add gil winnings to it. But I will!

You want me to lower the heal rate down even more?

ShadowHeart
08-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Well, yes. I rather have a constant cost for full healing, but in any case making close to 30 posts for full healing is just a bit excessive. I can't do battle right now (24 HP) because healing is too expensive. Can't even afford a potion.. and a potion would still only heal 1/3 of my max HP (in battle, 2/9 outside battle).

Spiff
08-22-2005, 12:18 AM
It seems like a double-edged sword; the only way to get gil is to post, but the more you post, the higher the cost of healing. If there was an Inn then there would be better balance.

That's my $.02

Shaggy
08-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Working on it, I'm working on it..:p

Coelie
08-22-2005, 04:17 AM
Pfft....I got a huge problem with my computer, I can't battle, so on 2nd tought I think my computer is a money saver for me on this game :p

ShadowHeart
08-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Shaggy, I was wondering about weapons and armor.. it doesn't seem to say anywhere how strong they are. It basically just shows the price, how many are in stock in the store and how many have been sold, even when you click on the right most icon "View" for one.. Maybe the price is higher for a stronger weapon/armor, but how can I know? I have no idea what I'm getting if I buy something :/

Also, all weapons and armors available have level 0.. and "buff" 0 as well. What the heck is Buff?

Shaggy
08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Ha Ha, I said the same thing about buff...

Ok Shadow..this is a copy and paste from the maker himself explaining Buff.

If the Battle Type is Spells, it controls the Damage dealt/healed.
If the Battle Type is Items, it controls the Damage healed.
If the Battle Type is Weapons, it controls the Attack Power.
If the Battle Type is Armor, it controls the Defence Power.
If the Battle Type is Shields, it controls the amount of damage Shielded when used in battle.

If your character has 500 in the Attack stat, and your weapon has 500 Buff, it means your attack will be 1000. This will again be matched against elemental strength/weakness (if your element is strong against opponent, +50% damage. if weak, -50 % damage. if neither, no modifier).

Zeromus_X
08-23-2005, 09:57 PM
are all the classes in it from ff tactics? (or rather, can you add classes on?) if you can, please add pictomancer :D thatd be my favorite class...cause i love art! (but if you cant, thats understandable)

ShadowHeart
08-24-2005, 04:41 AM
Then why is Buff 0 for all weapons and armor that I can see in the shop? Do they just all suck that much? :)

Zeromus_X
08-31-2005, 07:01 PM
erm...why does it say im in a battle? :confused: and, how do i exit a battle? (i dont remember going into a battle...and ive logged off since then... :confused: nyao?....)

ShadowHeart
09-01-2005, 03:22 AM
Go to the Battle Arena. You may have been challenged by someone, and then it will count as you're already in battle, until you decline the challenge (or accept it and finish the battle of course).

Shaggy
09-01-2005, 02:16 PM
You can also request from us, to have deleted, if the other user does not fight back for sometime.