PDA

View Full Version : What do u think

Sleazer
08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
I would like to know what other people think about this game.From what I saw on IGN n GT its gonna rock.I like the idea of gathering the heros and the bad guys of most of the FF sagas in to one game cuz u can fight with allmost every character agains another no mater is he good or bad.

P.S.
If u wona know more about this game wisit IGN http://psp.ign.com/objects/904/904962.html

Seyluv
09-05-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm upset it's on PSP.

Been waiting for a new FF for awhile and they make it on a hand-held system X_X

strife
09-22-2009, 02:15 PM
I played the demo and really enjoyed it. I would worry about it getting boring after a few days like most fighting games though.

clief101_
09-28-2009, 01:22 AM
im considering buying a new psp jus to get this game. my one is kinda retarded and doesnt work properly? im going to enjoy playing this game when i get it

white mage
09-30-2009, 11:48 AM
I didn't get to play for very long, but I liked what I got to play. I love getting to play with some of my favorite characters. It kind of bugged me, though. I kept expecting to play with Vincent or Riku.

rissole25
09-30-2009, 11:39 PM
It looks really kool...I like the fact you can make them vs anyone (Cloud vs Tidus, Emperor vs Kefka)

Leon
10-02-2009, 04:29 PM
well it has has its peaks n.. what's that other word.. falls?

anywayz XD

in overall it doesn't look too bad o.o

~Hidan~
10-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I've been playing it obsessively for the past couple of weeks. I really like it, its challenging and has plenty to it. Only complaint I'd have is that they didn't do different graphics for the weapons, but overall its a great game.

rissole25
10-11-2009, 04:03 AM
yea they do look weird...apparently square made tidus look younger to fit in with the others as well

Leon
10-11-2009, 06:31 AM
a realistic cool step would be multiple playerz possibilities, or at least multi-character fightin (liek 1v 2 computers etc.) or add some of the most common monsters that recurred in ffs or sumtin; jus not only 1 on 1

perfection would be if they could draw the save stats from the previous games n convert them into actual stats.. but that's jus too good to expect out of square-enix.. i hate'em -.- especially for makin ffs start to look liek everythin else that's not that special

clief101_
10-17-2009, 08:16 AM
1 vs 1 is hard enuf hey, well, only if you fighting like a same lvl opponent. this game can be very challenging. i would seriously recommend this game!! it is just awsum!!!!

rissole25
10-17-2009, 09:14 AM
I heard you can go online with it.

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 02:54 AM
This game is absolutely addicting, I bought it the day it came out and barely taken a breather. And you use Ad Hoc to play your friends, you have to be within 20 yards within each other, I think..

But there's a lot you can do on this game, I've logged over 200 hours and still haven't completed it.

The game is pretty much like any other FF, except you have to buy your characters (including Shantotto and Gabranth), but the level system is the same and you can edit your character's equipment. The battle system is a bit confusing at first, but you get used to it eventually.

If you have the money, I'd suggest getting Dissidia, it's well worth it. :)

clief101_
10-28-2009, 12:29 PM
i definetly agree with u there. this game jus pawns all!!

***POTENTIAL SPOILERS***

i must admit, at the end of squalls destiny oddesey wen he has to fight ultemicia, and then exdeath (i think it is) pops up, my mouth was watering for a 2vs1....but then zidane came along and ruined my dreams :(

i wouldnt logged on a fair few amount of hours, ive only had it 4 2 weeks, there just so much to this game!!

TherathxRikku
10-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Actually it was Garland, and he got owned by the monkey boy. xD

clief101_
10-30-2009, 05:29 AM
i get confused btween garland, exdeath and the other 1 (my memory is terrible atm)

cubifot
10-30-2009, 06:59 AM
bookmarked and b back l8er, bro, :-)

rissole25
10-30-2009, 08:43 AM
I love Garlands extendable sword. It looks awesome.

TherathxRikku
10-31-2009, 03:43 AM
Garland, Exdeath and Golbez are the game's slowest characters, and they all wear heavy armor, so I understand your confusion. :)

And Garland's sword confuses me, honestly. It's malleable and when he attacks, it changes shape. x_+

rissole25
10-31-2009, 09:49 PM
It looks like a drill :P lol.

Who are the fastest?

TherathxRikku
11-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Tidus is when he's in EX Mode. Auto-Hastega, ftw! Zidane comes in second.

Heartless Angel
11-12-2009, 12:50 AM
I love this game, got about 300 hours in it, and mastered just about everything... Sephiroth's the best to use IMO because he has attacks from all ranges and hes fast as hell. Also, he's Sephiroth... so you can't go wrong.

rissole25
11-12-2009, 04:51 AM
Sephy's awesome but he's so overrated.

TherathxRikku
11-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Actually, it's been proven that Exdeath is the best character to use, All Guard can block everything, but it takes timing.

I just...can't use Sephy, I've tried to make him my main, but his HP attacks are a little difficult to hit with, better than Jecht, but he's just not my kind of character. You'll be happy to know that he's mid tier, though. :)

And I'm slightly behind you in your Time Log. lol I've logged 250 hours as of yesterday, my Tidus and Gabranth have mastered everything, I've gotten a couple of Exclusive weapons like World Champion and Chaos Blade, and Megalixirs are getting ever the easier to obtain.

I'm gonna give some advice to new players, DO NOT SELL YOUR CHARACTER'S STARTING WEAPONS!!! They are crucial to getting the character's individual best weapons.

Heartless Angel
11-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Actually, it's been proven that Exdeath is the best character to use, All Guard can block everything, but it takes timing.

I just...can't use Sephy, I've tried to make him my main, but his HP attacks are a little difficult to hit with, better than Jecht, but he's just not my kind of character. You'll be happy to know that he's mid tier, though. :)

And I'm slightly behind you in your Time Log. lol I've logged 250 hours as of yesterday, my Tidus and Gabranth have mastered everything, I've gotten a couple of Exclusive weapons like World Champion and Chaos Blade, and Megalixirs are getting ever the easier to obtain.

I'm gonna give some advice to new players, DO NOT SELL YOUR CHARACTER'S STARTING WEAPONS!!! They are crucial to getting the character's individual best weapons.

Yeah, Exdeath is great on the block/attack thing, he's just too slow for me though, even with Omni Air Dash and the speed boost++ he's dreadfully slow. I guess I just use Sephy because of personal perference, plus I can use Heartless Angel with I never thought I'd be able to. lol

I, not to brag, have all of the Exclusive weapons, even both of Cecil's. They were hard to collect, I'll tell you that, but fighting people over and over again with them helped a lot as I got most of the battlegen stuff from component drops...

Has anyone cleared Inward Chaos yet? I've done it, but it took me a long time to learn how to beat Chaos at 110 level...

Leon
11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
soooooz, althought i haven't gotten my hands onto it yet, what r its best advantages in the fights? :D

TherathxRikku
11-13-2009, 10:28 AM
I can't answer that, Leon, as there are Many...

And I have two Exclusive Weapons, I just started trying to get them. I have all the Genji Gear, even the Blade, and that was actually easier to get than I thought.

Honestly, I use Tidus because of personal preference as well. Gabranth I use just cause no one else gives him enough credit. >_>

Heartless Angel
11-14-2009, 12:53 AM
I can't answer that, Leon, as there are Many...

And I have two Exclusive Weapons, I just started trying to get them. I have all the Genji Gear, even the Blade, and that was actually easier to get than I thought.

Honestly, I use Tidus because of personal preference as well. Gabranth I use just cause no one else gives him enough credit. >_>

Yeah, getting all the Heike Stuff from the story modes and trading them in, thats how I got the Genji set, but a lot of characters drop them, specifically Garland, with whom I got 2 pieces with one fight.

Tidus is fun to use, he takes a little to get used to though, I'm used to unlimited range with Sephy, though, lol

And Gabranth is amazing, instant EX mode and his power is unmatched. And if you add all the accesories to increase his power (Champion Belt, Hyper Ring, etc) with good boosters you have an unstoppable judge at your command... plus his EX burst looks awesome.

TherathxRikku
11-14-2009, 03:28 AM
Having a good EX Build will make people hate you. lol Literally, you can make your EX Gauge last forever.

I got my Genji gear the lazy way, I fought the Gilgy (Gilgamesh) Ghost data over and over, turns out I'm a master against Bartz. lol

Heartless Angel
11-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Having a good EX Build will make people hate you. lol Literally, you can make your EX Gauge last forever.

I got my Genji gear the lazy way, I fought the Gilgy (Gilgamesh) Ghost data over and over, turns out I'm a master against Bartz. lol
lol, Bartz actually gives me trouble, one person I've never lost against though is Cloud of Darkness, IDK why, but I always beat her easily, even at LVL 150.

TherathxRikku
11-16-2009, 02:53 AM
If you have the right Multipliers, you can beat anyone easily, even Chaos.

Bartz is easy to beat with a fast character, preferably Tidus. If you block his BRV attacks right, you can annihilate him. :D Unless he Holy spams, then you're in for a long battle.

nhfjeafe
11-16-2009, 03:09 AM
bookmarked and b back l8er,i need more info, :-)

rissole25
11-16-2009, 05:05 AM
Why do these bots say they'll bookmark it and be back when they never come back.

Anyway, 1 MONTH & 9 DAYS till I get Dissidia I think

I can't wait

TherathxRikku
11-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Be glad they never come back. >_>

btw, I'm gonna type up some helpful Accessory formulas for Blackjack and Lunar Whale Courses in a few hours, I've also figured out a cheap way to get Megalixirs if you guys are interested. :)

Heartless Angel
11-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Be glad they never come back. >_>

btw, I'm gonna type up some helpful Accessory formulas for Blackjack and Lunar Whale Courses in a few hours, I've also figured out a cheap way to get Megalixirs if you guys are interested. :)

That sounds good, I know I killed myself getting those Megalixers for all those weapons...

TherathxRikku
11-17-2009, 01:50 AM
You may actually be waiting a little bit for that, I've been busy and I'm not gonna be up for much longer, maybe tomorrow.

Gumdrop
03-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Couldn't wait for this game so I got it imported, its pretty fun for a while..plenty to unlock, but the chatty bits aren't very good and I almost wondered why they bothered with so many scenes. I wouldn't bother with it unless you're a reasonably big fanboy/girl. Twas good enough to make me bother playing through all the goodies stories, but not enough to make me be bothered to level my characters and beat Choas.

I'd give it 5.6/10. Better than Ehrgeiz ,Square's first beat 'em up with FF characters, but still not brilliant.

TherathxRikku
03-15-2010, 04:32 PM
I actually thought they had too little scenes, I mostly play games for the story, anyhow. In fact, I'm addicted to this game mostly because it's an FF game, it's a fighting game, so it's not my genre...

I still give it a 9/10. I'm 450 hours into it. 3 more Accomplishments to go...

Gumdrop
03-15-2010, 06:01 PM
I play for the story too, but I meant it was so bad I dunno why they bothered. I don't really care for fighters either, but I guess my 5.6 was a little harsh..maybe I wasn't in the best of moods yesterday :p

TherathxRikku
03-16-2010, 03:55 AM
The story was bad? It wasn't their best, Nomura's probably out of ideas.

I just got ALL of the Lufenian armaments last night. My thumbs are sore...

Gumdrop
03-16-2010, 07:18 AM
The story being bad is just my personal opinion. Yeah, either that or they thought since its a beat 'em up they need not bother trying too hard with the story bits :p
I can't remember what those are, but grats :)

TherathxRikku
03-16-2010, 10:38 PM
I was agreeing with you, it could've been much better. The thing that really got me into it was it helped me to understand the story from previous FFs that I didn't get the chance to beat, I didn't know who some of the villains were when I first started out.

Lufenian equipment is, imo, the best in the game. It's also the hardest to get the whole set, they drop extremely easily, but there are over 20 pieces to it.

rissole25
03-17-2010, 04:59 AM
The characters also show little emotion. They do in some parts but most of the time they just stay dull, or they stay in one emotion. Bartz always sounds like he's happy, and Terra always sounds like she is questioning herself. But I guess they have to if they want to reflect there story's in the main series.

Gumdrop
03-17-2010, 08:49 AM
I was agreeing with you, it could've been much better. The thing that really got me into it was it helped me to understand the story from previous FFs that I didn't get the chance to beat, I didn't know who some of the villains were when I first started out.

Lufenian equipment is, imo, the best in the game. It's also the hardest to get the whole set, they drop extremely easily, but there are over 20 pieces to it.

Aaah..mah bad :p

TherathxRikku
03-17-2010, 04:46 PM
The characters also show little emotion. They do in some parts but most of the time they just stay dull, or they stay in one emotion. Bartz always sounds like he's happy, and Terra always sounds like she is questioning herself. But I guess they have to if they want to reflect there story's in the main series.

It was on the PSP, the budget wouldn't cover graphics along with the number of characters, all the weapon and equipment data, and the battle systems. Unless you just mean the voice, then that's just the voice actors' fault. The VAs were all pretty new with exceptions for some of them, in fact, Zidane's VA was straight out of college. :P

rissole25
03-21-2010, 05:35 AM
I just mean the voice. They do show some but still...

TherathxRikku
03-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Cecil's image was ruined by Yuri Lowenthal, he tends to throw in a little accent with all of his characters, he also tends to be a little...dramatic.

lovelyfox83
10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
I would worry about it getting boring after a few days like most fighting games though.