PDA

View Full Version : Back to school

Spiff
08-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Well it's that time of the year again. The time for all the young ones to be back a school. ;) So, what's everyone taking this year.

As for me, I'm taking Principles of Accounting and lots of Math.

Shaggy
08-22-2005, 02:26 AM
You in college now Spiff? Where ya going?

Spiff
08-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Just a small community college; I can't afford ten thousand dollars a year at some university.

But in the end I might go to Wayne State Uni in Detroit.

Coelie
08-22-2005, 04:25 AM
I'm having the same old stupid classes as I did last year (can't pick my own classes yet). but...Next year I'm taking the so called : profile with Fisicks and Tecnology

Still got a week holiday tho so....TIME FOR MORE COMPUTERING

ShadowHeart
08-22-2005, 04:34 AM
Well, I already have my degree (got it about 2 months ago), but I'm taking a few CS and Math classes that I've missed while I'm looking for a job so that I have something to do and can survive (study grants).

Coelie
08-22-2005, 06:11 AM
hehe I gotta survive at my school....i'm in the 3rd class of high school and.....there are a few ppl who dont like me and I dont like them, so it could get a rough year ;):p

Arkacia
08-22-2005, 06:12 AM
Well, I've been out of school for over 20 years but it may interest some of you northern hemispherers to know its the middle of the school year in Australia. Our young ones get their big holidays over Christmas. They usually get 6 to 8 weeks off from mid december to the end of jan/start of feb. Funny how things are so opposite on the two sides of the planet :).

Coelie
08-22-2005, 06:27 AM
Our young kids here are haveing their 1st school day of the new year today(they had 6 weeks holiday)I had 9 weeks :p so 1 more week for me to go, but...in Australia it's like...in the middle of the winter or am I like...wrong ?

Arkacia
08-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Nope, you're not wrong, its winter here. We have Christmas in the middle of summer :D.

Spiff
08-22-2005, 02:03 PM
That must be nice. Although I can't think of what Christmas would be like without snow.

Totorosama
10-04-2005, 07:17 PM
I can. I get Christmas with rain and wind. Also, I got freshman year this year. REal complicated with the number of classes I can choose. I ended up with a weird schedule: No math, two electives. Too bad for Coelie, as he can't choose. WEll, next year you'll get all the red tape. I had to get my schedule changed 3 times, and I had to wait about 1/2 an hour each time.