PDA

View Full Version : huge problem in FFX plz look

slimebucket
08-26-2005, 02:23 AM
ok, heres my problem...

I did the Chocobo balloon race and got the time of 0.0.0 and the guy gaurding the place where the catalbog is left. But I didn't have the cestal mirror... so I continued on with the game, the captured monsters and lvl'ing up, then I finally went and got the celastal mirror and when to go get the catalbog, but the guy gaurding it is BACK!

He says something stupid like "I broke family tradition, but no one saw me right?" and he wont get out of the way to let me get the weapon behind him!

I already have the record of 0.0.0 , so if I get it again will he leave again? or did I miss my chance and am I screwed?

Tydo
11-06-2005, 03:13 PM
u just gotta do the race agian... doesn't matter what time u get or if u get beat!

水草Cloud
11-08-2005, 08:45 AM
It sounds strang.Maybe it's a bug

Phoenix Flame
12-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Never had that problem. But don't worry too much. If you play through long enough, you'll see that the best weapons are the one's you make. Try defeating difficult monsters (species conquest, area conquest and the personalized monsters with Tidus to get weapons with 3 and 4 slots open to customize...you'll forget all about the catalbog. It does take time though :)

Totorosama
12-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Yeah, feel sorry for you. But reasoniamalive is right, you should get a weapon with deathstrike, the biggeste attack+ possible (20? 30?) and a lot of really good stuff. BUt it does take a painfully long time.

Black Mage
12-12-2005, 09:21 PM
That is really odd because most Final Fantasy games are bug free.....If it keeps on happening there are two opions. One: Restart your game...and two: Try and work something out......But anyway I feel sorry for you dude.....

LuluIsAGoddess
12-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Yeah I agree that you should simply just customize your own weapons. The ones I won during battle I ended up selling anyway unless it had 4 empty slots where I could create a stronger one.

Phoenix Flame
12-15-2005, 04:22 AM
Customization is the key! by the way...I thought your SN was/is great LuLuisagoddess. Welcome to the site!

Sain Cai
12-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Heh, I thought I replied, DSL connection must have kicked out as I was saving.

Anywho, The guy returns to his location after you leave the Calm Lands. Just race the Choco rider again and beat her (tie is of no account) and he will leave his spot again so you can get the Caladbolg.

IMO the celestial weapons are better then any custoized weapon, although I have not used a BDL custom weapon with 255 strength yet.

Phoenix Flame
12-28-2005, 03:37 PM
That is hogwash! Although you have to go through some work to make them. Customizable weapons are the way to go (ESPECIALLY when you have 255 strength.) But you do have to add BDL, one mp cost, gillionaire, etc. if you want them.

Sain Cai
12-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Celestial Weapons ignore the Targets defence. If you go against an enemy with super high defence, and customized weapon will not do as much damage as a celestial weapon.

Although I do not know personally what damage ratios are, I have seen that attacking certain enemies, even with max strength with a customized weapon will do only about 40-50K damage, while Celestial will do the 99,999

baralai
03-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Never got that problem i got celestial mirror 4 years ago...