PDA

View Full Version : hardest weapon?

Gumdrop
01-25-2005, 07:46 AM
I vote for Ruby, he annoyed me way more than the others, although most people had more trouble with emerald.

ShadowHeart
01-25-2005, 08:15 AM
Depends.. with a good strategy, they are all easy (Emerald and Ruby that is, Ultima is always a joke ;)). I mean, with KOTR, W-Summon and Mime they both go down rather easily (add in Hades for Ruby to stop him from countering KOTR).. so I thought of what they would be like to beat without KOTR. I've even beaten Emerald without using KOTR.. you can do pretty nice damage to him with Demi and limit breaks, but Ruby is an entirely different story. There you have to go with Bahamut ZERO I guess as the only option.. I've never tried to beat Ruby without KOTR, but now that I think about it, I'm definitely going to try next time I play FF7 :) Anyway.. I voted for Ruby.

Gunslinger
01-26-2005, 12:54 PM
I vote for Emerald, purely because it takes ages and it can be messed up after 40 minutes of fighting if your not careful.......also i've got a deep fear of underwater creatures and it freaks me out ever so slightly........feel free to luagh at me......

XeroFF7
01-26-2005, 02:14 PM
i think if u have the right stuff they all fall at the same rate (quick)

Gunslinger
01-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Sorry XeroFF7 but that makes no sense at all..........

Gumdrop
01-26-2005, 05:55 PM
I think he means if your a good player you will find all the weapons easy?

FFnut
01-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Let me attempt to decipher it;

I think if you have the right stuff they all fall at the same rate - quick!

...Anyway, as for hardest WEAPON, I'd have to say the one that your team can never beat. The big one that gets blasted in the face by Sister Ray near the beginning of Disc 2. That's the only one that I didn't mash into the ground.

ShadowHeart
01-27-2005, 03:55 AM
That's Diamond WEAPON.. sure you never get to defeat him really, but he never provides a challenge either. He's kinda cool too IMO :D

FFnut
01-27-2005, 12:17 PM
No, not Diamond WEAPON. It's just called WEAPON. It's right after Sephiroth summons Meteor, and before the team finds Cloud in Mideel. It blasts a hole in the gas chamber so Tifa can get out then its head gets blown off at point-blank range. Remember?

XeroFF7
01-27-2005, 01:42 PM
all the weapons are easy because they all have weaknesses and if you can't find that weakness there isn't anything knights of the round and mime can't handle

ShadowHeart
01-27-2005, 03:48 PM
FFnut, that one wasn't blasted by the Sister Ray.. the canon from Junon wasn't named Sister Ray until it was moved to Midgar! Before then it had a different name, if it had one at all.

FFnut
01-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm fairly sure it had the words "Sister Ray" written on the side. And either way, it was still the Sister Ray. Having its name changed as it moves from place to place is like changing the name of the Highwind as you go from area to area. It doesn't make sense to change it arbitrarily.

ShadowHeart
01-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I dunno about any text on it.. however.. after the canon is moved, you see a cut scence in Shinra HQs with Scarlet and Rufus. Scarlet says something along the lines of "this new weapon will be called the Sister Ray", implying that it wasn't called that before.

In either case, 2 WEAPONs are killed by that canon. And if you say "the weapon that was killed by the Sister Ray" and don't specify any further, I'm automatically going assume that you mean Diamond WEAPON, as it was killed by the Sister Ray *after* the scene where Scarlet names it.

FFnut
01-27-2005, 10:19 PM
But I said NEAR THE BEGINNING of Disc 2. Not the end.

Bah, let's just drop it. This is the most unhearty conversation I've ever been in, there's no point in continuing and I don't want to get accused of trolling.

ShadowHeart
01-28-2005, 04:09 AM
Hehe yeah I agree. Sorry for misunderstanding you :)

Gumdrop
01-28-2005, 09:50 AM
I know you were gonna drop this but it seemed clear to me ffnut meant the weapon in Junon, that you dont get to fight at all ^_^''
and I think it does have sister ray written on it when Tifa runs towards the Highwind when the shinra troops are after her.

ShadowHeart
01-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Well if it does.. it doesn't make sense that Scarlet names it that in a later scene. Maybe I've misunderstood Scarlet, or the translators made a poor job :)

And you don't get to defeat Diamond WEAPON either. Sure you fight him, but you don't kill him like you do with Ultima, Emerald and Ruby.

Gumdrop
01-28-2005, 11:35 AM
maybe,lol
yeah its true you don't get to kill either of them but he did say he was talking about the Junon weapon.

The Dark Paladin
01-28-2005, 05:32 PM
I voted for Emerald Weapon, because even with the W-Summon/KOTR/Mime combo, and if you have the Final Attack Materia linked to the Pheonix Summon, Emerald can still drain all of your character's MP, then kill you off, not to mention if you pull off the Final Attack/Pheonix set-up, the whole Mime process has to be started over for KOTR

XeroFF7
01-28-2005, 06:15 PM
no if u enter battle with 2 of ur chars dead he wont drain u

Mong00se
02-15-2005, 12:06 AM
That's Diamond WEAPON.. sure you never get to defeat him really, but he never provides a challenge either. He's kinda cool too IMO :D

I was always told it was Sapphire Weapon. Makes sense because it's blue, and its a precious stone, and its a WEAPON

ShadowHeart
02-15-2005, 03:34 AM
Diamond WEAPON ain't blue, he's white :)

Zynk
03-15-2005, 07:02 AM
the harder one for me was emerald because it had an attack that would kill me off instantly... i could KOR all day on ruby cause my char. magic def was maxed out and the percentage part was maxed as well so it would always miss or hit for like 100-300.

johnnylumpkin
06-13-2005, 03:52 PM
I haven't faced any yet but I'd prolly say EMERALD WEAPON.

ChocoboMan
06-29-2006, 01:18 AM
im going to have to go with ruby

Tiny Bronco
06-29-2006, 06:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I voted for....

Ultima Weapon! :eek: :p :D

I voted for him because he took me the longest/most effort to beat. You have to chase him around soooooooo much to kill him.

For Emerald and Ruby its more like yawn, KotR do your thing. Victory song. Party levels up a bunch.

Though this is just speculation. But I bet that if you were to add up all of the HP/MP from every time you fought Ultima (In Mideel and the 5 or 6 times when he's flying around) and added that to Ultima when you fight over Cosmo Cannon then He'd probably be A LOT harder to kill than Emerald. Maybe. :p

I mean you see him hovering over cities forming giant balls of blue energy. I bet that attack could kill Cloud. And Shadow Flare rocks just because its name sounds so awesome.

Spirit
07-08-2006, 09:47 AM
I say ultimate. Man, it took me forever to kill it

Greendragon
07-10-2006, 11:57 PM
definetely ruby...with its fingers and junk. grr. but my opinon probably isnt that accurate because i beat ruby when i was like lvl 60-70 and waited to beat emerald untill i got cid tifa and cloud to lvl 99..and it was pretty easy at that point. so i guess i cant really make a good choice. =(

Avathar
07-11-2006, 09:01 AM
definetely ruby...with its fingers and junk. grr. but my opinon probably isnt that accurate because i beat ruby when i was like lvl 60-70 and waited to beat emerald untill i got cid tifa and cloud to lvl 99..and it was pretty easy at that point. so i guess i cant really make a good choice. =(

I just have to say one thing: Knights of The Round and Hades. :p

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-11-2006, 09:07 AM
The Ruby cuz of that quick sand thing.

LionHeart
07-18-2006, 12:54 AM
i vote for ruby, emerald and ultima were easy for me but it took me 2 or 3 tries to beat ruby.

ultimecia
07-19-2006, 08:57 AM
none if you train well and get the best weapons and materia with the ultima weapon you can beat it but when using it you must have a lot of health

Griever
07-20-2006, 01:15 AM
the harder one for me was emerald because it had an attack that would kill me off instantly... i could KOR all day on ruby cause my char. magic def was maxed out and the percentage part was maxed as well so it would always miss or hit for like 100-300.

This is because you had more than 9 materia on all your characters, the move you are reffering to, (Aire Tame Storm), deals damage based on how much materia is equipped, if no materia is on a character, it will do 0 damage. If a character has 1 materia equipped, it will do 1,111. If they have 8 materia on them, it will do 8,888 and so on. This is where Final Attack/Phoenix combo come in handy.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I voted for....

Ultima Weapon! :eek: :p :D

I voted for him because he took me the longest/most effort to beat. You have to chase him around soooooooo much to kill him.

For Emerald and Ruby its more like yawn, KotR do your thing. Victory song. Party levels up a bunch.

Though this is just speculation. But I bet that if you were to add up all of the HP/MP from every time you fought Ultima (In Mideel and the 5 or 6 times when he's flying around) and added that to Ultima when you fight over Cosmo Cannon then He'd probably be A LOT harder to kill than Emerald. Maybe. :p

I mean you see him hovering over cities forming giant balls of blue energy. I bet that attack could kill Cloud. And Shadow Flare rocks just because its name sounds so awesome.

Just so you know, that little blue ball, actually means he is healing.

If you leave him alone for a while, and battle him later, you will notice you have to fight him alot more depending on how long you let him heal...to instance let's say yuo have fought him two times...and he stops somewhere and does the ball thing. If you leave him alone for long enough, your past 2 fights become invalid, and you pretty much have to do them again because he has regained all his hp. This is why it is best to follow him until he stops after each fight, and ram him as soon as he stops...or get out of the highwind and heal your party first if you need to, and then attack him again. You will find that if you do it this way, it will seem liek you killed him alot faster. Although sometimes it's a pain in the ass to find/follow him. Also, the more you ram him while he is flying, the faster he will stop to heal, and the faster you can fight him again.

beef
07-21-2006, 01:05 PM
OMG, ultima weapon is really hard. stupid weapon.

Avathar
07-21-2006, 03:19 PM
OMG, ultima weapon is really hard. stupid weapon.

Like I said, none of them are really hard, when you think of combos like KOTR and Mime, but Ruby Weapon did the nastiest attacks, though. =/

ultimecia
07-21-2006, 05:13 PM
dont know beat them all quite easy

richboywonder
07-22-2006, 07:48 PM
ruby weapon cheats.

Kat
07-24-2006, 02:23 AM
the Ruby weapon was annoying

Griever
07-24-2006, 05:28 AM
Like I said, none of them are really hard, when you think of combos like KOTR and Mime, but Ruby Weapon did the nastiest attacks, though. =/

Actually, if you have mystile armor on, his ultima barely nics you and it's alot easier. And of course the trusty ribbon to protect from those nasty status effects his tentecals deal when they attack.

All in all, they were easy for me. Except for maybe the very FIRST time that i faced ruby, although i did manage to defeat him, i was not prepared as much as i could have been.

SephirogaUltimecia
07-25-2006, 05:02 AM
i have NEVER beaten ruby.
he just kicked all my guys out of battle and I jsut never got the hang of beating him

Giraffe
07-26-2006, 02:58 PM
No, not Diamond WEAPON. It's just called WEAPON. It's right after Sephiroth summons Meteor, and before the team finds Cloud in Mideel. It blasts a hole in the gas chamber so Tifa can get out then its head gets blown off at point-blank range. Remember?
You dont get to fight it, but its Sapphire WEAPON (Blue+Coming from the Water=Sapphire....) get it?? Its the only WEAPON you dont get to fight

Da Chink
07-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Ruby Weapon has got the Tri-Force :P

UltimaFenrir
02-13-2011, 10:28 PM
I never faced Ruby Weapon since I never win against Emerald Weapon... makes me feel pathetic!

Tip Daniels
05-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Ruby!