PDA

View Full Version : help at Ozma

Coelie
08-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Can some1 please tell me how to beat Ozma ??

ShadowHeart
08-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Read the Ozma FAQ at GameFAQs. And remember, beating Ozma is always about luck, regardless of what anyone says. His attack sequence is always random. If you're out of luck, he pulls Meteor followed by Curse, and that's usually the end of it. If you're lucky, he does some crap moves (like Doomsday, you should be absorbing or at least be immune to Shadow magic), and then you can win.

The most important thing to keep in mind though, is that (if I remember correctly) Ozma cheats. Every time you do something in the battle, his time bar fills up completely instantly allowing him to act immediately after whatever you did. To counter that, you shouldn't do *anything* until *everyone's* time bar is full, and then do something with everyone *at once*. Otherwise you may end up with Ozma getting a turn after each of your characters' turns, in a worst case scenario, and that will mean your death. But read that FAQ, it will provide some useful tips :)

EDIT#1: And for the record, no, I haven't beaten him. I never knew that Ozma cheated, I just always thought he was insanely fast. But after reading that FAQ, I'll be damn sure to kick his ass when I get to him next time (have a game going atm).

EDIT#2: Actually, whenever you do something in the battle, Ozma's time bar will fill up and he will act BEFORE you do. This means, among other things, that Ozma will *always* get the first turn in the battle. And I found a very useful tip; enter your commands while one of Ozma's attacks are animating.. since he's attacking, his bar can't fill up, and you can safely enter commands (as long as you enter them before his attack animation ends).

EDIT#3: I just keep thinking of new stuff all the time lol. You may want to read the "Level One Ozma Challenge FAQ" at GameFAQs too, even though you're not going to attempt that. It contains some useful info too if I remember correctly :)

Totorosama
09-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Who's Ozma? Which disk? 4?

ShadowHeart
09-22-2005, 03:38 AM
Ozma is a super boss, much like weapons in other FF games. He's 100% optional. I find it funny how less ppl seem to be aware of him than the weapons of other FF games :)

He's in the chocobo sky garden or whatever it's called, and can't remember what you have to do to fight him. You should be able to fight him as soon as you have access there (that is, when you have a golden chocobo). But let me just say that he's incredibly tough, and a lot about whether you'll win is luck regarding what sequence of attacks he'll use.

Totorosama
09-22-2005, 06:48 PM
I see. Thanks!

Coelie
09-26-2005, 03:05 PM
I really found Hades the easiest boss of the whole disk 4 :eek: :cool: how abt you guys ?

gcarev10
10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
legenderi sintisist of wapon hades and his two pumice pisis for anather summon.Ozma is wery strongh bat if you like me pool jors all strengh into a atack whit bare hands with litle suport magic you will win

Avathar
12-03-2005, 08:58 AM
I keep thinking that Ozma is the coolest aspect of the whole Final Fantasy game; i mean, there is no reason why there is such a monster up there in the clouds, you don't know anything else about it, AND it's about 10 times stronger than Necron. :eek: It's just weird :cool: but cool :cool:

ShadowHeart
12-04-2005, 06:51 PM
What can be more cool than a giant colorful ball of death?

Zeromus_X
12-04-2005, 10:48 PM
What can be more cool than a giant colorful ball of death?

thats what im saying :D

btw, have you seen the level one ozma video? its on eyesonff.com ...

theres also a video of a level 7 tifa killing emerald weapon...by herself...just go to the ffIX and ff VII sections.

i still havent gotten to the place hes at...you need to get more chocographs to give boko more abilities, right? or training his beak? i cant remember ^^;;

Totorosama
12-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Colored ball of...nvm....but that sounds cool enough to me.

Zeromus_X
12-10-2005, 05:23 AM
okay, try this link ( dial up may be long to download..)

http://media.putfile.com/Ozma

and for the lv7 tifa one...

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/vid...20Victory)/wmv

i hope they work...

gcarev10
01-08-2006, 08:12 PM
have fight with all givme's in the game and his Lv99 will be Lv56 or 57 i think so that is it more easiest way to beat Ozma. Thanks A Tadeo.

gcarev10
01-22-2006, 12:43 PM
1-st sorry to enter 2 times.
2-second I win the batle with Ozma, i use these caharacters and these abilities
Zidane:
Wapon: Ultima wapon
Auto-Reflect,auto- haste, auto-regen,clear headed,HP+20%
HP=5491, MP=285, Lv=74

Armant:
Wapon: Rune Clows
Auto-reflect,auto-haste,auto-regen,clear headed,HP+20%
HP=5451,MP=228,Lv=68

Steiner:
Wapon: Ragnarok
Auto-reflect,auto-haste,auto-regen,clear headed, HP+20%
HP=5911, MP=240, Lv=66

Freya:
Wapon: Dragons Hair
Auto-reflect,auto-haste, auto-regen,clear headed,HP+20%
HP= 5448,MP=283, Lv=66
For Freya atack dragon crest y mast beat 100 dragon to have 9999 atack with dragon crest
For Zidane skill Theveri steel abaut 770 to have atack 9999
For Armant trow or no mercy or revive to party who is dead
For Steiner Sward Art Shock
Ozma on me:
Atack: Berserick,Mini,Doomday,Curse (uuffff), Meteor (auuch), Curaga (on self)
for berserick and mini y have auto-reflect
for doomday and meteor y have hp 5000 or up because his atack is abaut -4000 hp to y and y have also auto-regen to cure your self
for curse y have clear headed use remedy on self
hi have also holy atack so use equipment to reduce atack by 50% or100% also that is stand for shadow.He have speed 3 times then y so hi have 3 atack and y have 1 so have auto-haste on y all party member to reduce that.
I win in 3-th times so i have luck or not.
Remember y mast have HP 5000 or up or y cant win that batle ,also have learn abilitys of high atack that si good for y.
I hope that is help for you all.

Zeromus_X
01-22-2006, 04:53 PM
congrats! :)

now beat him with a level one party lol :p

gcarev10
04-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey Z will u explain that to me i dont understand what u wont to say?

Zeromus_X
04-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Nik0tine's Level One Ozma Challenge log (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=75168)

Though only one example. It's a pretty common FFIX challenge, get to Ozma with a party of an average level of one (in other words, every party member you use is at level one), and beat him. Only in this case, nik actually beat the game with a level one party.

gcarev10
04-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks for that site i will tried that when i wos playing 2-nd time

wakka
06-06-2006, 10:08 AM
train up &master all the abilatys

blue_pheonix56
06-20-2006, 10:22 AM
hey theres a thing : ozma has a lot of attacks so fight him multiple times ; il tell u some secrets : equip pumice pieces and be multiple of 4 so that the damage of lv4 holy & doomsday can be absorbed , and get on every party member auto-reflect (or summon cabuncle) because his mini&berserk attacks are reflectebale , and my advise is to attack ozma with power and dont heal

Zeon
08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
there are issues with tht as if u dint heal u die ^o) even tho u may get healed from lvl4 holy and doomsday he/she/IT may not use those attacks and just use curse twice!! then ud be screwed huh?

ShadowHeart
08-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, beating Ozma is largely about luck. Even with a perfect strategy you still need luck to beat him. A few Meteor and Curse in a row and you're toast.

dappa
09-06-2006, 10:05 AM
This will be a long reply so here goes. There is an element of truth to what people in this forum are saying about luck. For me it tends to be what ozmas first attack tends to be. If its curse you usually are on a losing streak but if its not you should have a half decent chance if you do what I say. First during the game you will come across several animals that wont attack you but ask for things like ore,diamonds etc give them what they want and it will remove ozmas absorbtion of elemental spells and will allow you to hit it with physical attacks. Their locations are as follows 1. the forest outside of the ice cavern. 2. run around the land outside treno. 3. the forest outside blackmage village. 4. the forest next to the lifa tree. 5. the forest near the chocobo tracks near eikos home. 6. The forests on the popos heights. 7. The chocobo tracks on the ice continent. 8. The forests near oilevert. 9. The forest on vile island. Note all these locations require you to run around fighting monsters till the animal or spirits as some people call em show up so patience is required for this one. Ozma can be defeated if you dont perform this quest but its a lot more harder. Have the following set up for your party. Make sure they all have learned their abilities and be at level 99. You need to have all characters on 'auto life' auto haste, all on 'clear headed', 'auto regen' ,auto reflect if possible then as many beneficial abilities as possible with the remaining ability stones. You should make sure you have 99 phoenix pinions in your inventory, I'll explain later. Have quina, eiko and steiner as zidanes companions. Have steiner cast his sword art spell 'magic break' as soon as possible this is very important as this will weaken ozmas spells by a third, do this at least twice and your characters will be able to survive the curse spell no probs, dont do it anymore than three times as they will miss all the time. Then have him concentrate on attacking ozma with his 'shock' swordart as much as possible,occasionally have him healing his comrades if needed with inventory items. quina should every three or 4 turns cast 'mighty guard' then concentrate on healing everyone with whitewind and 'angel snack' to remove effects from the 'curse' spell. You can if the party is in good health attack ozma with 'frog drop' but only if everyone is o.k. (99 caught frogs equals 9999 damage to ozma) (remember zidane and steiner are meant to be dishing out the punishment to ozma) Eiko should cast 'curaga' as much as possible. Even if the party is in good health and cast 'holy' every now and then and call upon phoenix to damage ozma and revive fallen comrades. Because you have eiko in your party and this applies to all battles not just ozma because you have 99 phoenix pinions in your inventory it increases the chance of phoenix automatically reviving your party by a third so if ozma overcomes you you might have a few extra chances at it. Zidane should concentrate on using his spell 'thievery' as much as possible or his trance moves if available but not if he has been hit by curse only deviate from this pattern for him if the party are hurting seriously. If ozma is hit by magic he counter attacks with berserk so you really need auto reflect to stop your characters been hit by this. If you fullfilled the animal quest ozma will damage itself with the doomsday spell and all attack spells that are reflected off your party but if you didn'nt this strategy will heal it as you haven't removed its absorbtion of spells. When ozma starts getting weaker it will use more of its turns trying to cast 'curaga' on itself but steiners magic break spell will reduce it to around 1000 to 2000 restored hp. Only deviate from the above strategies i've mentioned if eiko and quina get ko'd they are central and must participate as much as possible Ozmas attacks are doomsday, flarestar, meteor, berserk, death, mp absorb, flare, holy, lv4 holy, lv5 death (there may be others aswell but cant remember them all) last of all make sure eiko and quina have the pumice piece equiped as this will absorb the holy and doomsday spell and give zidane and steiner the protect ring or ribbon as this will limit the damage from ozmas holy and doomsday spell also equip your characters with armour or weapons that increase the magic attack and magic evade and magic defense of your characters. This strategy has always worked for me and I never lose with it. (unless ozma got a curse spell then meteored everyone before steiner could weaken its spells) hope this is of help for you and everyone else who is stuck on ozma. Sorry for the long reply everyone who is reading this. I'm off for a cuppa. lol!

ShadowHeart
09-07-2006, 02:19 PM
No offense, but please try to split up your posts in paragraphs. A wall of text like that is incredibly annoying to read.

2 + 2 = 5
09-07-2006, 02:33 PM
One of the easiest ways to kill Ozma, is to just throw Dark Matter at him. He only has about 55555hp and DM does 9999 damage, so just find/buy 6 of them and have Auto-Life equiped when you fight him. You should easily be able to get enough attacks in before your party's wiped out twice.

dappa
09-11-2006, 05:41 AM
I've seen strategies which involve using lots of dark matters on ozma but I'm only aware of three dark matters that you can get your hands on. Where can one get more than 3 from. Apologies to anyone who dont like my long walls of text for some of my posts as grammar aint one of my strong points.

ShadowHeart
09-11-2006, 01:33 PM
You don't need grammar to divide a large section of text into smaller bits. That's all you need to do really. If you lose your track while reading that large lump of text it's really difficult to find where you were again..

Mega Flare
09-12-2006, 07:52 PM
With ozma Luck is wat the battle is all about.

Think about it if the battle starts and Ozma emmediatly does Meteor then your screwed cause it usually kills your characters straight away so it's a pain.

If he uses curse don't expect to win either as this will mean you ain't gotta chance.

You need to focus on making sure tht your party members (whoever they may be) have all the rite equipment and abilities to ensure your victory.

dappa
11-06-2006, 06:50 PM
My party rarely succumbs to ozmas attacks once I get steiner to use magic break on him 3 times.

Without steiner doing that most spells will wipe everyone out apart from steiner and zidane left at critical levels.

master axel
01-26-2007, 12:04 PM
how do you beat ozma :confused:

dappa
01-26-2007, 07:01 PM
how do you beat ozma :confused:

Have a read of this thread. Most posters of this thread have their own opinions on how to do it.