PDA

View Full Version : Crossovers?

FFnut
01-25-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm not talking about complete crossovers, but things that appear in FF games that are also in other, non-FF games (whether Square or not) such as the Cactuar on Volt's jacket in The Bouncer. Another one I noticed is from the old SNES game Secret Of Evermore, which has a knight named Cecil running an armor/weapon shop and his wife, Rosa, who teaches a magic spell. Granted, it IS a Square game, but that is indeed an interesting little quirk. Anyone find any others?

Shaggy
01-25-2005, 10:13 PM
What do yo umean....crossovers of consoles or the FF games overall?

FFnut
01-26-2005, 09:33 AM
FF games overall. I gave a few examples (characters in other games, little things related to FF games) another great one is in one of the Parasite Eves (I forget which one); at one point someone is searching for a way to stop a virus called "Cloud" and the antivirus is "Aeris."

LoKuS
05-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Cloud is a hidden character in FF: tactics.

Gumdrop
05-04-2005, 06:09 AM
In FF1 in the town of Melmond (I think it was) there is a guy called Dr. Unne, FF9 referances Dr.Unne, withe the Unne's mirror if you look at the description in your menu.

ShadowHeart
05-04-2005, 06:15 AM
There are more references between FF1 and FF9 than that. The 4 fiends in FF1 - Lich, Maliris (she was renamed to Kary in the US version of FF1), Tiamat and Kraken - are all bosses in FF9 with the same appearances as in FF1. Also, the main bad guy in FF1 is called Garland, that should ring a bell for all FF9 players out there. I'm sure there are more things too.. but these are the most obvious, at least to me.

Coelie
05-04-2005, 07:07 AM
in FF5 or FF4 there is a guy named Kain and in FF9 (memoria) u can find Kain's Lance in a hidden place..

LoKuS
05-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Theres a character named Cid in every game, but im sure you all knew that.

ShadowHeart
05-05-2005, 06:33 AM
Really??!?! :D

Gumdrop
05-05-2005, 06:42 AM
There are more references between FF1 and FF9 than that. The 4 fiends in FF1 - Lich, Maliris (she was renamed to Kary in the US version of FF1), Tiamat and Kraken - are all bosses in FF9 with the same appearances as in FF1. Also, the main bad guy in FF1 is called Garland, that should ring a bell for all FF9 players out there. I'm sure there are more things too.. but these are the most obvious, at least to me.

I know, I was feeling lazy as per usual :P
theres another FF1 refernece in FF9 that springs to mind...the princess at the beginning is called Sarah is some versons (the Hebrew for Princess is Sarah :P) and in FF9 Garnets real name is (this is a secret you can find on disc 4) Sarah.
Another FF1-9 reference is of course the name of the first kingdom in FF1; Coneria, this is also the name of Marcus's lover in the FF9 play.

ShadowHeart
05-05-2005, 06:52 AM
OMG I didn't even know Garnet's real name.. I never bothered with that side quest, although I did want to know.. :p

Yeah, there's probably even more things lol. Didn't even think about the Coneria one :)

Gumdrop
05-05-2005, 01:10 PM
It took me a while to get that sidequest to work for some reasion, and it took me a while to be bothered....but yes that is her real name. I just remebered another obvious ff1-9 refference; the place in ff9, Mount Gulug should have been translated as Mount Gulg, like the place in ff1, it also has the same music :P

Zeromus_X
08-02-2005, 01:45 AM
alot of the places in ff9 that are in previous ff games have similar music. like, the Pandaemonium in ff9 has similar music as the Pandaemonium in ff2. (i just really like Pandaemonium. or anything with that "ae" sound in it. just me.)

baralai
03-01-2006, 11:27 AM
The sword excalibur exist in some FF games right?

Squall Lionheart
03-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Gilgamesh has it!

Zeromus_X
03-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Excalibur and Masamune appear in most ff games.

FFI- Excalibur could only be equipped by a knight, and you obtain it by going through a side-quest. Masamune is found in the entire dungeon, has more power than Excalibur, but can be equipped by any class. (Though you wouldn't want to give it to your White Mage...do you?)

FFII- Legendary weapons found in the final dungeon, Excalibur has the best ATK power for a sword, and Masamune has decent ATK and casts Haste on the party (very, very useful!)

FFIII- Same as above, only no special effects. (That I know of anyway...)

FFIV- Excalibur is Cecil's second best sword, obtained in a similar way as FFI. Masamune is Edge's best sword (better clone it :p), found in the Core of the Moon. (You had to defeat Dark Leviathan/ Ogopogo to get it.)

FFV- Legendary Weapons. Unlocked by using the stone tablets. Excalibut is a powerful sword with Holy elemental, and Masamune is a powerful Katana that gives an ability similar to "Initiative" to the wearer.

FFVI- Also powerful weapons. You got Excalibur from Goddess, and I believe Masamune....well, I forgot.

FFVII- Though Excalibur wasn't in this game, Masamune is Sephiroth's legendary blade. You couldn't use it though. Poor you.

FFVIII- Like above, they are two of Gilgamesh's special attacks.

FFIX- Masamune is one of Zidane's swords, with the "Doom" status-attack. Excalibur is one of Steiner's best swords.

FFX- Masamune is Auron's rather odd shaped (it looks like a fork...) Celestial Weapon. Tidus had to settle for the Ultima Weapon. (Renamed Caladbolg?!)

More history on Masamune and Excalibur in FFs :p

ShadowHeart
03-02-2006, 10:28 AM
(Though you wouldn't want to give it to your White Mage...do you?)
Actually that's not a bad idea. If you have a second Knight or a Ninja they could probably use it better, but if you only have one Knight the difference wont really be huge compared to Excalibur. And a Monk will definitely not need it. So it depends.

Avathar
04-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Another crossover i figured out about FF1-FF9: Matoya :D

FF1: The Witch Matoya (don't remember what you had to do for her in FF1, though :p )

FF9: The inscriptions on the three magic potions, the potions to turn Cid back to "normal", are scriptures by a Witch called Matoya.

^_^

Zeromus_X
04-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah, FFIX has a whole ton of past FF-refereces, for obvious reasons. (Get the Dorga and Unne artifacts, and play the phonograph in the Black Mage Village for another example.

Edit: Link time!

In-FF crossovers (http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/incross.shtml)

Ex-FF crossovers (http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/excross.shtml#realworld)

Avathar
04-21-2006, 05:52 AM
Wow! xD FFIX has even more than i thought! :D Great!

:) I like the FFVII references alot in FFIX (music, like Rufus's Welcoming March^^)

- I knew the story that Ramuh tells seemed very familiar :D, he, FF2.
- And this one's very nice aswell :) : "In Disc 4, if you take Doga's Artifact and Unne's Mirror and talk to the Black Mage in front of the phonograph in the inn in Black Mage Village, the music will change to a track from FF3, "Let Me Know The Truth"."

Spec Highwind
05-22-2006, 06:53 PM
you can find tons of crossovers... i think TEH COMPENDIUM has them all

Hydra
05-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Alot of Japanese games have FF crossovers in their games. They even made a FF fighting game with Namco and Capcom in Japan. A few US games/converted games have FF things in them too. Like SMRPG. Culex is rumored to be from FF2. :D

Zeromus_X
05-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Culex isn't really from any FF game, but the reference is in the crystals, and his theme is the FFIV boss theme. (And, that the Victory Fanfare plays when you beat him. ;)) Although, I always thought he was Garland when I was a little kid. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and Peach desperately healing the party, while I try attacking only to die again. Fond memories of that.

Hydra
05-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Ahh.....killing those Wind and Fire Crystals with a chain chomp. @.@ lol, speaking of crossovers, a certain gameshark code in Kingdom Hearts lets you summon Bahamut. But it freezes the moment you do. <.< At least, that's what Joel stated from the Gamefaqs message boards.

Zeromus_X
05-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Then I guess that code is a failure then. :P

There are codes to create two Keyblades that are more powerful than Ultima Weapon, but that's all I know for sure regarding that.

Hydra
05-23-2006, 09:46 PM
lol, in KH2, you can have Final Form holding 4 Ultima Keyblades at once. With the Duplication trick, or a Gameshark/Action Replay.

darkshadow2247
05-25-2006, 05:50 AM
Rikku makes a cameo in Kingdom Hearts II...along with like 10 other FF characters

Hydra
05-25-2006, 09:30 PM
lol, they made YuRiPa into little tiny fairies. Which isn't all that bad really, since they're vital to the level 99 in 20 minutes trick. So, yes. They're awesome.

dappa
10-04-2006, 07:50 AM
On final fantasy 10 there is a summon called yojimbo.
On final fantasy 5 there is a monster called yojimbo (looks like a undead ninja) which roams around dimension castles courtyards (the area before you go to fight x death for final time).