PDA

View Full Version : Awsome ways to get limit moves quick

z9ds
09-03-2005, 08:31 PM
The way to get your limit moves in ff7 is to: once off train go down tunnel to the end where there are security guards keep fighting them untill at level 15. Through the entire game your limit moves will be learned faster. :D

Xartex
09-04-2005, 07:47 AM
do you know how it works inlearning new limits in ffvii?? you must kill a certain amount of enemies to get a new level and use the first one on every level a a certain amount of times to get the secont... are you sure that it is not because tou kill quite a lot of enemies in the very beginning of the game that you learn limits faster... it nit... thats cool

ShadowHeart
09-04-2005, 10:12 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197341.html

Go to the Limit Break Mechanics Guide. That's how you learn limits, nothing else :)

Lionheart250
09-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Oh, come'on Shadowheart...
I have better ways to get your limits, just go to Mideel Area with everyone on Fury, then just wait and your limits will come in no time....!!!! And always try to fight the Spirals(the things that spin) and the Sea Worm, thats the best one, he'll give you some limits alright.....!!!!
Or just go to the Hallway(Inside the Sunken Ship Gelinka)...And also when your trying to get killing learning(when you need to kill a amount of enemies to get a limit)limits, just put on all or get into a fight with bunch of enemies, and use a limit break that damages all enemies, or just have Quad Magic on with Master Magic, so it'll could do it 4 times on all kinds of magic....!!!!!! And you should use Flare or Ultima with Quadra Magic....!!!!
Now that is sort of the best way, or you should fight in the Northen Crater, like Tonberrys, Dragons, and stuff like that....!!!!!

Totorosama
10-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Basically, get a lot of tough stuff to fight, and get everyone Limiting as much as possible. Sounds good to me.

ShadowHeart
10-30-2005, 05:32 PM
It doesn't have to be something tough :) You can just manipulate a Valron outside Nibelheim, and have it do the attack that deals damage based on your max HP. If you put the character/s that is doing the limit breaks in Mini status their attacks won't kill the Valron either :)

Xartex
11-02-2005, 08:56 AM
hehe, well I once had all Clouds limitbreaks before I went to Junon for the first time :p

ShadowHeart
11-02-2005, 09:05 AM
That's a lie - you can't have Omnislash then ;)

Xartex
11-05-2005, 11:54 AM
ah yes :o , forgot, i meant all the ones that you can gather up without using an item, howeveer think i got omnislash once the first time you're in gold saucer, on disc one :p

ShadowHeart
11-05-2005, 12:58 PM
I did that too - twice.. once in my last (and current) game. You can almost kill Jenova LIFE in 1 Omnislash if you have it by then :)

gcarev10
11-09-2005, 07:41 PM
yes but you cant use that limit.

ShadowHeart
11-10-2005, 05:31 AM
What are you talking about? Of course you can use Omnislash. All you need is to learn all level 1, 2 and 3 limits, then you can learn Omnislash and use it as much as you want (by winning it from Battle Square in Gold Saucer).

wimsi
11-16-2005, 04:45 PM
hey, i think, i'll go back to gold saucer to get the omnislash... i'm on mt. nibel and i've got allready all limits of clout til lv.3.... i think i'll try the omnislash on the materiakeeper ^^

btw. does anybody know what aeriths last limit is about? when i've got tiny bronco, i'd like to get it.

ShadowHeart
11-16-2005, 05:21 PM
You can't use Omnislash on the Materia Keeper unless you cheat, because Omnislash isn't available as a prize in Battle Square until just before going to Temple of the Ancients, that is, right after the whole date sequence and Cait Sith's betrayal.

And Aeris' 4th limit break is a combination of her 2 level 3 limits - it full heals all party members and makes them invincible for a while :)

Gumdrop
11-16-2005, 05:42 PM
you need for the sleeping man in the cave near Junon to wake up, he wakes up everytime the last two didgets of the number of times you've been in battale to match, for example 199, you can ask him how many battles you've done. If you go in with say, 533 and you get a Bolt Ring, go outside, fight exactly 11 times and go back in, he should then give you Mithril. Once you have the mithril get yourself too the little hut near the Gold Saucer desert and talk to the bloke there and give him the Mithril, he will then let you go on the second floor and grab the limit from the little safe in the wall :)

Try training Aeris on Wuti island, the thunder bird things send your limit bar up quite fast, or if your just going through the cave that leads to Fort Condor for the first time thats a good limit training place.

wimsi
11-16-2005, 05:52 PM
i know how to get the limit and i just need the 2nd lv.3 limit before... that wont take to long. i just wanted to know if her last limit is quite good...

Gumdrop
11-16-2005, 06:00 PM
heck, course its good the amount of time you have to put into it, Square would get hate mail if it was rubbish ;)

ShadowHeart
11-16-2005, 06:12 PM
It's almost overpowered. Full Heal + Invincibility for 1 minute or something? :p

Gumdrop
11-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah, imagine if you had a gameshark, cheated Aeris back to life with her level four limit, would be useful against the weapons eh? ;)
I imagine it can be done...

wimsi
11-17-2005, 03:18 PM
it didn't take me that long.... but it's good to hear that her limit is good.
shit, i should play a little bit more. 2 hours a week are not enough.

Gumdrop
11-17-2005, 03:26 PM
what did'nt? Getting her limit? If you had it once before why would you need to ask about it..
and it can take a while, sometimes it seems to take a damn long time to get them their level 4 limits, espcialy Cid and Barret for some reason.

wimsi
11-17-2005, 03:41 PM
no, but i could allready have it if i had the damned tiny bronco!

i had clouds lv. 3 limits even before i was in cosmo canyon... i really should go back to gold saucer....

Gumdrop
11-17-2005, 06:20 PM
You must have done a lot of training up or your just very lucky in that case.

wimsi
11-18-2005, 02:45 AM
my caracters are above lv. 30 (cloud is lv. 35 i think), but it's only the way how you do it. when you just fight ordinary fights it will take you long. i traveled over the world, searching for enemys who come in bigger groups (4-5 enemys every battle) to get the next limit-level. and i trained always just one single charakter. when he got his next limit, i chose another chara.
and when i needed the next limit of the same level i went to the reactor of gongaga. + i gave the chara this pink materia so he would protect other party-members (i don't know the english name, i'm playing in german - if i just translated it, it could be "protection" or somthing like that)
but thats a really good way to train the charas, and it doesn't take to much time

btw. i couldn't get omnislash, even if it was available at this time. i forgot that i need gp for the battles and the only places to get them are wonder square and chocobo-racing. so i have to wait until i've got a chocobo by myself.

Yukin
11-18-2005, 05:39 AM
If u draw aura from Seifer from FF8 when he joins ur party, Then cast it, your limits may be faster to activate.

Gumdrop
11-18-2005, 06:58 AM
...o_0 I'm quite sure this is an FFVII thread, heh. It's been a while since I played FFVII all the way through but I think level 30 is quite high if you don't have the Bronco yet, thus you probibly did spend a while training.

ShadowHeart
11-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Wimsi, when I get Omnislash on disc 1, I get my Gil by playing the basketball game (I'm fairly good at it, my record is 64 GP in one single game of basketball). You can also get 30 GP by playing the moogle game once (only works the first time you do), and you can get GP by betting on chocobo races (not actually racing, just betting), which can be tedious but it's possible.

Personally, as soon as Omnislash is available I just do the moogle game for the first 30 GP and then the basketball game until I have 100-150 GP, that's usually enough for me.

wimsi
11-18-2005, 12:26 PM
i think i'm just to stupid for wonder square.... and for the chocobo-betting too. i don't know why, but i don't like to spend 200 gil to get 3 gp.
so i have to wait til i've got my chocobos. - wont take too long

btw. it really didn't take me that much time to train my characters... all i wanted to do is buy some things, so i needed money, so i had to fight. when i first came to junon, i went all the way back to kalm to buy some materias - and when i first came to the chocobo farm i bought a chocobo-materia but didn't use id. i just fighted midgar zolom ^^

ShadowHeart
11-18-2005, 12:41 PM
and it can take a while, sometimes it seems to take a damn long time to get them their level 4 limits, espcialy Cid and Barret for some reason.
Actually, each character has a certain number of kills they need before advancing to the next level, and a certain number of uses of a limit to learn the 2nd one on the same level. These numbers may vary a bit from game to game. Like Cloud seems to need 115-120 kills to learn Blade Beam.

See the Limit Breaks Mechanics FAQ at GameFAQs, it has all the information you need about this, all numbers. It's about halfway down the page here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197341.html).

wimsi
11-18-2005, 04:59 PM
yeah, that's the reason why i change everytime from strong single enemy (a lot of damage - a lot of limit-breaks) to weak enemeys in groups (easy to defeat with a single lv2-spell)

Phoenix Flame
11-25-2005, 10:36 PM
You know, I never really took the time to work up Aeries once I found out she died...it all just seemed like too much work (all the leveling up and the time it takes to actually learn the limit techniques could be spent on someone who's actually going to be around the entire game. i.e. Nanaki/Red XIII.

gcarev10
11-27-2005, 12:38 PM
What time is need to do that?

Phoenix Flame
11-27-2005, 07:25 PM
What time is need to do that?

For brevities' sake, I'll ask you consult how you obtain limit breaks.
But basically, how many enemies you defeat and how quickly/how many times you use the first limit breaks in a set
i.e. Braver, Bladebeam, and (it's been a while) Finishing Touch I believe???

Therefore: the only time I used Aerith is when I absolutely had to.