PDA

View Full Version : RPG Latest

Arkacia
09-08-2005, 12:36 AM
We now have spells available for the RPG. They may look expensive but you only need to buy each one once. After that each spell will cost you a set amount of mp's per use, nothing else :).

Any problems with them, please post in this thread and let me know. We'll be using it to keep you up to date with any changes ;).

Zeromus_X
09-08-2005, 12:43 AM
this question is sorta related to spells...you know how like, certain classes have certain abilities? (like, geomancer controls terrain, alchemist mixes drinks, snipers shoot..) are we going to get those? or are they like , in progress? just wondered... :)

Arkacia
09-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Zeromus_X, I'm wearing Learner plates doing all this and am putting bits and pieces up as I discover how to set them up :D.

If I discover that what you are thinking of is possibe, I'll do it, promise :).

Max the Man
09-09-2005, 11:21 PM
FFX2.com has an RPG Hack, and it doesn't have any of the Job Skills that I know of... but Idon't know what version it's on

Lyde Lyde
09-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Hmmm but is the RPG simpler now? I still don't know how to start a battle, we don't have A.I. bots that we can battle?

Max the Man
09-10-2005, 01:16 PM
do you mean a pvp battle? to challenge someone just click "not in battle" and name it and select a password and for a monster battle just click RPG next to your PMs and stuff and click monster arena at the bottom

Lyde Lyde
09-10-2005, 08:06 PM
What! What's the password and is my sig better now?

Arkacia
09-10-2005, 09:37 PM
The password is whatever you choose. Its put in by the player, not the game as far as I know (have never battled another person, only monsters).

Your sig is fine now. Thanks for fixing it :).

Shaggy
09-11-2005, 02:58 AM
Lyde, the password is just something you make up. It then is pmed to the other user you are wanting to fight against. Then you both go to the arean, type in the battle name and password and your in the arena, ready to fight! ;)

Andrew Scaves
09-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Okay I don't like to use magic I'm a fighter/warrior. Do we still get gil by posting?

ShadowHeart
09-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Yes, you get Gil for posting. 4 Gil per post I think. I'd personally like it if you could also get money for fighting monsters :) And maybe we can hold a Gil lottery that costs a certain amount to enter and some lucky person wins it all ;)

Andrew Scaves
09-11-2005, 02:10 PM
When do we get avy's for the RPG since whenever somebody posts a error pick shows up?

Arkacia
09-12-2005, 06:35 AM
When do we get avy's for the RPG since whenever somebody posts a error pick shows up?

Haven't got that far yet sorry. I've been busy the last few days so haven't had any time free to delve into the RPG. I'll get some more done this week and will definetly look at the avatar problem and see if I can find the solution :).

Coelie
09-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Okay I don't like to use magic I'm a fighter/warrior. Do we still get gil by posting?

I'm more the archery/magic type ;) it's all in the distance :p

Coelie
09-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Sorry for double posting but...I was checking my stuff out on the headquarters and this question came up in my head..."Are we getting other races besides human ??"

Ghost
09-13-2005, 03:02 PM
good thinking Coelie, altough I cannot acces RPG hack yet...Coelie showed me the basics of it and it's nice

Arkacia
09-21-2005, 04:11 AM
I've just done some work on the itemshop. Now you can have armour and headgear and armgear instead of having to choose between them :).

Will do more work on breaking up various bits and pieces as I work my way through them.

Edit I've just broken the spells up too so you can now have one black (attack) and one white (cure). Will add extra spells within the next few days :).

Coelie
09-27-2005, 11:22 AM
I got a few questions, When do we get gil for killing mosnters and my 2nd question = Why do monsters for like lvl 10+ give so little exp and that lvl 8 monster give you 200

Coelie used his Butterfly Sword to deal 206 points of damage. Training Bot tried to dodge, but was not successful. Training Bot has died!!

Zeromus_X
09-27-2005, 08:42 PM
nooooo!!! i was hoping no one knew about the grendadors...theyre awesome! they give like 200 exp! i looked through the list, and i didnt see a monster with that much exp for a while. but yeah, i wondered about that too.

add on: now i am a chocobo jockey :D

ShadowHeart
09-28-2005, 05:45 AM
How did you think I got to level 14? :D

Arkacia
09-28-2005, 09:26 AM
I'll fix that little grendador problem tomorrow. Noticed it a while ago, but forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me folks :D.

I haven't seen any way to allow gil to be given for killing monsters sorry, and I did look. If I do find a way I'll let you all know but for now, consider it impossible.

Zeromus_X
09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
I'll fix that little grendador problem tomorrow.

oh well... :p

add on: also, what does the limit % bar do? its never gotten to 100% for me...just wanted to know:)

Arkacia
09-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Grendador problem has been fixed. Sorry all, its only worth 5 exp points now :p:)

I'm not sure what the limit bar does to be honest, but I only fight the occasional monster while testing now so still have a lot to learn about those sort of bits of the RPG. Am too busy trying to make sense of the behind the scenes stuff at the moment and am concentrating mainly on the itemshop. When I get that far and figure it out, I'll let you know ;).

ShadowHeart
09-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Well, I guess that means I won't do any more monster battles ;) I need over 1000 exp to reach the next level, and the most I can get per fight is 8.. that's 125 battles for one level.. or 250 if you fight the easiest monster. That's just.. not worth my time :p

And while we're at it fixing "glitches".. you may want to fix the Cotton Robe. It's the cheapest armor, 200 Gil, yet it has by far the highest defense rating (800, 4 times the 2nd best). I'm guessing it's supposed to be 80, not 800 :)

Arkacia
09-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Hmm, I didn't realise that about the amount of points needed to reach experience levels. Maybe instead of just lowering one monster, I might look into making the exp rewards a bit fairer for all of them, as in putting them all up a bit. Haven't really looked at the monsters yet, sounds like its time to do a full edit check :).

It will have to wait until tomorrow though.

I'll take a look at the cotton robe too ;).

Luis
09-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Why not giving Gils when winning battles as in Final Fantasy?

Arkacia
09-29-2005, 07:06 PM
As I said in an earlier post, I don't think its possible to do that. Haven't seen any way to give gil for monster battles sorry.

Rorschach
09-29-2005, 11:09 PM
After looking at the forum about the RPG Integration Hack v3.0, it doesn't seem like there are abilities yet, maybe in 4.0

Shaggy
09-30-2005, 12:54 AM
I will look for the newer one when it comes out and let you all know when we decide to upgrade to it.

Rorschach
09-30-2005, 12:58 AM
According to the forum it says late 2005.

And I ahd an idea for the abilities,
Maybe what you could do is, with every post you get EXP,Gil, and another form of points, then, in the shop, there would be spells and abilities, and you would use the other form of points to buy your class specific abilities, I'm not sure how you would do it so it uses up PP points, as in the battle menu there is only Use a Spell,Fitsts,or a weapon, and no other mode, but maybe something could be added, not sure.

Totorosama
09-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Nice idea. It would take a while to incorporate though. Also, what class are you?

Rorschach
09-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Gambler.

Totorosama
10-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Gambler? What's that?

Arkacia
10-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Can you guys please take the conversation to another thread :).

Its just a bit off topic here.

Arkacia
10-02-2005, 05:50 AM
I've just played around with the amount of experience monsters give after a battle. Things are a bit more generous now. If anyone thinks I've been a bit too generous, please tell me :).

Arkacia
10-03-2005, 07:56 AM
Just added a few wind spells and fixed the cotton robe problem.

I think things are just about done now, as far as I can do them.

I'll keep reading up on this though and if I find things I've missed, I'll add them then :).

Keep the questions and requests coming however. There is always room to improve the RPG and if what you want can be done, it will be ;).

Totorosama
10-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Is it normal that we get 4 gil for every post instead of 2? Or is it some level up thing, because I used to only get 2 gil for every post.

ShadowHeart
10-03-2005, 06:56 PM
It's supposed to be 4 Gil per post. That was changed quite a while ago actually :)

Arkacia
10-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Is it normal that we get 4 gil for every post instead of 2? Or is it some level up thing, because I used to only get 2 gil for every post.

Ssshhh, don't say that out loud. Someone may hear you and change it back :D.

I didn't change it, but Shaggy may have. Anyway in my opinion 4 gil is fairer than 2 so just enjoy the extra. I'd give 10 per post myself but I'm an old softie :).

Totorosama
10-03-2005, 10:48 PM
By the way, do you know anyone whose gotten those multi-thousand gil weapons? It's probably going to take someoen a LOOONG time to get those.

Rorschach
10-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Ssshhh, don't say that out loud. Someone may hear you and change it back :D.

I didn't change it, but Shaggy may have. Anyway in my opinion 4 gil is fairer than 2 so just enjoy the extra. I'd give 10 per post myself but I'm an old softie :).
Ohh!! 10!!! please please please!! ^_^

Zeromus_X
10-03-2005, 11:22 PM
the funny post games are a good way to get gil...just thought id say that.

also, whats the point of the classes? or are those something in the making? from what i can tell, they all can use the same weapons/armor, so...just wondered :)

Totorosama
10-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Personally, I think that there should be less EXP given for monster battles (20 for the grenador? Fifty battles and you're 10 lvls up!) and more gil (I'll never afford some of those stuff). Also, so much for whispering it, Arkacia.

Rorschach
10-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Yathere really is no point inthe classes, but maybe I'l go play withthe hacknd see if I can figure out some way to have skills....
I'l try hosting like a localized test forum...

Totorosama
10-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Maybe the skills can be added with the next RPG maker thingy coming out next summer. However, to make the skills for all of the classes would be complicated and take a really long time. Also, ever since FFnut left, there haven't been any decent fighters. No one's even level 30 (I think) yet. I'm trying for it, though.

Rorschach
10-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Hmmm...
There is a 4.0 beta, maybe I'l try dling that later tomorrow along with 3.0, you ahve to register for the forums and all, and I'm kind of too tired to do that now...

ShadowHeart
10-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Totorosama, that's because it was near impossible to reach level 30. I'm at level 15 (the highest on the forum as far as I know). The sole reason I'm up here is because I abused the 200 Exp Grendador a lot, otherwise I would be < 10. Before Arkacia upped the Exp values, it would have taken me at minimum 100 battles to reach level 16, and then probably 250+ battles for each level on up to level 30. Sure, you shouldn't be able to reach level 99 so easily, but I seriously doubt anyone is going to sit and fight 100s of battles in a row. It gets extremely monotone, and you'll most likely even be sitting on < 100 HP after 10-20 battles (unless you fight the weakest monsters, because they can hardly harm you at high levels, but they give a bit less Exp too of course..), and it's very expensive to heal. I'm considering buying a Cure spell for healing, that's probably the best investment you can make in terms of healing.

Totorosama
10-04-2005, 06:29 PM
I see. Only a few more weeks until I can get a cure spell. Problem is, then there's the gil cost for restoring MP. What a pity. Also, where's the .jpg image for the grenador. And what's the highest level ever reached?

When's a clan war going to occur? And what's up with all those people who signed up for this forum but aren't doing anything? WEird...

Arkacia
10-05-2005, 05:17 AM
Look everyone, if you think more gil is needed per post, exp needs to be upped ect, just tell me straight. Its hard to decipher from these posts. Most of you use the RPG a lot more than I do and have a better idea of whats fair :).

ShadowHeart
10-05-2005, 05:19 AM
I don't think anyone has ever reached higher than I have atm on this forum, because a) I had fought by far the most battles until you came along (just check Battle Arena Top 10) and b) I was the one who abused the 200 Exp Grendador the most.

The Grendador just seems bugged in general. It has 0 in all its stats (yet it still does more damage in its' attacks than for example Abizoah seems to do) and has no image..

Totorosama
10-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah, what's up with that? Also, I think that it's a lot more efficient to heal at the healing center than with a potion. 100 gil for 150 hp? That's a ripoff! Or maybe give more gil. Also, once Shaggy gets the new version of rpg maker, we should get a little gil for battles. That and skill points. But then you would have to set up skills, of which there seem to be none right now.

Zeromus_X
10-07-2005, 02:52 AM
i think once the rpg thingy is all straightened out, we can have a tournament of champions! :D whoever enters is fully healed, and must fight everyone else,(a bracket tournament) and cannot heal in between matches! and the winner...gets...something...of moderate value :p lol just an idea. although it would be better if/when we get abilities etc.

thats my thoughts for now...

Arkacia
10-07-2005, 03:04 AM
Grendador has been deleted as I couldn't find a way to fix the problems with it :).

Zeromus_X
10-08-2005, 10:42 PM
i think the one surefire way to improve the rpg is to make an inn-like healing center, with a constant cost everyone can agree on. this would make healing much less of a chore. just an idea :)

ShadowHeart
10-09-2005, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I brought up the idea of a constant cost inn when the RPG had just been implemented, haven't heard anything about it since then..

Totorosama
10-10-2005, 01:30 AM
However, if it was at a fixed rate, it would be too cheap for the high levels, and too expensive for the low levels. Maybe there could be a few rates? Also, about the tournament thingy, the person who would be fighting everyone else would probably be Shadowheart, 'cause they're the highest level character for now, right?

Max the Man
10-10-2005, 09:54 AM
maybe, it could start out really cheap. Like lower levels it could be 10GP then 20, 30, etc. ;)

ShadowHeart
10-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Well, I guess it could be based on level if possible. It's still much better with a level-fixed cost, as long as it doesn't grow too fast with increasing levels, than one that depends on how much you need to heal..

Zeromus_X
10-10-2005, 08:26 PM
However, if it was at a fixed rate, it would be too cheap for the high levels, and too expensive for the low levels. Maybe there could be a few rates? Also, about the tournament thingy, the person who would be fighting everyone else would probably be Shadowheart, 'cause they're the highest level character for now, right?

i meant a bracket tournament where people are randomly assigned to fight eachother, until the last two people that haven't lost fight eachother(like the tenkaichi budokai of dragonball) of course, there would be no healing in between matches, but at the beginning of the tournament everyone would be healed. of course, some people that are high leveled(which for now would be lv 12+?) may have an advantage. i just thought a whole tournament thingy would be interesting and fun! :)

Arkacia
10-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I brought up the idea of a constant cost inn when the RPG had just been implemented, haven't heard anything about it since then..

I don't think its possible but will have a look :).

Arkacia
10-11-2005, 12:25 AM
I've done something really major this morning that will probably affect most of you.

Discovered how to add different class types so now instead of us all being "generic", we are split into generic, mage, warrior and scholar. Which one you are depends on your class. For example knights and my amazon are now warriors. Gamblers are now scholars, the mages are under mage and some classes remain generic ect.

You will need to go into your headquarters and update your character to put its new class into effect. This also affects the items you can buy from the itemshop. All items have been set to apply to all or only certain types. Example again, warriors can now only buy level 1 spells, scholars can buy level 1 and 2, generic and mages can buy all spells. Weapons and armour are affected the same way.

If you can't buy an item under your new class type, it won't show in the itemshop for you anymore.

The next stage of this for me is going through and adding lots of new weapons, armour ect so each class has a decent choice.

Hope this makes the RPG a bit more interesting for you all. If you are having problems, have questions or comments ect, tell me :).

I will also eventually go through and edit the items the generic class can use so they don't have access to everything, just a mix of warrior/mage/scholar type items. I want to get the other classes itemed up first though ;):).

Zeromus_X
10-11-2005, 01:58 AM
yay!! :) thats a definite improvement! however, what if people just decide to change jobs at the spur of the moment? (not that im forsaking geomancer...)also, i like how my selection fit my class :D (i can use terrain, like earth and wind, etc.)

Xartex
10-11-2005, 03:15 AM
that's really cool, changed my job like three times so, just wondering if i can use my butterfly edge on my new samurai, just want to know (dont want to go into battle because i have so little hp)

ShadowHeart
10-11-2005, 03:49 AM
Good work, Arkacia :)

Arkacia
10-11-2005, 06:25 AM
yay!! :) thats a definite improvement! however, what if people just decide to change jobs at the spur of the moment? (not that im forsaking geomancer...)also, i like how my selection fit my class (i can use terrain, like earth and wind, etc.)

If people switch between jobs, it won't affect anything except what they can and can't buy in the itemshop. I'm not sure if weapons and armour they already own, but that cannot be used by their new class, will still work or not. Haven't tested that. Perhaps someone who does can give me some feedback.

that's really cool, changed my job like three times so, just wondering if i can use my butterfly edge on my new samurai, just want to know (dont want to go into battle because i have so little hp)

Yes, you can. The samurai is a warrior and they can use all the sword weapons :).

If you want to get your experience up and practice battles, you can go into the monster arena. The early ones are pretty easy to beat and good to learn on ;).

Good work, Arkacia

Totorosama
10-12-2005, 12:25 AM
YAaay! You know, 2 days of me being gone and here's what happened. I'm so proud...I can't wait to get new stuff! (Of course, I don't have much gil right now...)

Arkacia
10-12-2005, 02:54 AM
Thats ok Totorosama, I've only revamped the shields so far. This will require a big shake up of the items and will take time for me to do.

As I do have real life to handle as well, it won't happen overnight, theres no hurry :).

Totorosama
10-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Also, do the items have to be so expensive? It's not worth paying 50 gil (or is it 100?) for a potion just to heal 100-150 hp. And the others aren't really useful when there are no status effects so far....

Arkacia
10-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm redoing everything in the itemshop and prices are being looked at in relation to what they do. I don't want to make it too easy though, but will try to make the lower impact items (plain potions ect) more affordable.

The status items may go because I can't find any way to make them do what they are supposed to do. If that happens, I will replace them with more items for health, magic and combinations of the two.

I've done the shields and armour so far. Both sections have items now that cover level 30 - 35. Once all sections are done, I'll go through them again and add items for higher levels.

Totorosama
10-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Uh, you didn't need to do those for levels 30-35. No one's even halfway there yet.

Arkacia
10-12-2005, 07:49 PM
I know, just making sure something is there for when someone does get that high :).

Eventually there will be stuff for levels into the 90s ;).

Rorschach
10-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Ohh....
The only way someones gonna get that high is if they spam lol....
*looks around sneakly* ;)

ShadowHeart
10-13-2005, 05:56 AM
Rather if they fight in the monster arena like crazy. It would probably take posts in the 100,000 range to get all the way to level 90+ on jsut posting :p Well, it certainly feels like it :)

Arkacia
10-13-2005, 08:22 AM
You have a point there Shadowheart.

So, those of you who are really into the RPG, tell me what you think a fair amount of experience for posts and threads would be?

I'm open to increasing it but don't want to make it too easy to get to the very high levels. You have to do some of the hard work yourselves :).

Spiff
10-13-2005, 01:27 PM
You've done a great job. :) Although, I was a little upset that I had to sell my weapon, but I like being a Red Mage.

Note: I tried using Cure in Battle and it uses the MP but doesn't give me any HP. The page says it did but nothing happens.

Totorosama
10-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Well, the experience and gil actually seems fair so far, I just realized you had to pick on the weak monsters and be hardcore ffnut. That, and wait for a while, and you will ultimately achieve success! Of course, I haven't really gotten there yet, but I'm not in an entirely bad position. Yeah, battling is really good for the EXP part, just wish there was also a tiny bit of gil (2-4) but I think Shaggy already said he couldn't incorporate that until the next RPG maker thingy comes out.

Spiff
10-14-2005, 07:13 PM
I've tried a lot of different things and I still can't get cure to work. Is anyone else having problems with cure?

Arkacia
10-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Sorry Spiff, I think I know whats happened with the cure. I just haven't had a chance to go in and look (darn real life and Diablo 2 LOD are taking over my life :D). Will get it done later today ;):)..

Spiff
10-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Thanks. Always glad to give a little feed back.

Coelie
10-15-2005, 07:01 AM
correct me if I am wrong but...Limit grows with every attack you do with a weapon and the monster ur fighting dodges it...if you select the option to be mad in battle (when limit bar is full) I guess it makes you stronger

ShadowHeart
10-15-2005, 10:43 AM
I remember reading somewhere that if you attack with the "I'm mad" option you cannot miss, but I don't think it makes you do any extra damage.

Totorosama
10-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I can't use the mad/not mad thing. You just check the box?

ShadowHeart
10-15-2005, 08:02 PM
You can only use it if it says "Let your opponent know you are mad" next to the check box.

Arkacia
10-16-2005, 12:29 AM
I've tried a lot of different things and I still can't get cure to work. Is anyone else having problems with cure?

Spiff, I've had a look a the cure and everything seems to be ok. All the boxes that need to be checked are checked. I tested with my cure spell and it worked fine. Try updating your character and see if that helps. If not, sell and rebuy your cure spell (I will give you the gil to do that through the admin cp if you want) and see if that fixes the problem :).

To everyone, I have redone the weapons today. You now have the choice between one handed and two handed weapons. I've added bows, hammers and axes to the weapons choices as well.

Unlike the armour catagories, the weapons are class spacific. No two classes can use the same weapon (except generic of course).

The bows, hammers and axes don't have icons at this stage. Something else for me to look for.

Let me know if you are having any probs with them ;).

Spiff
10-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Cure works great now, thanks. :)

ShadowHeart
10-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Actually I'm not so sure.

I did some experimenting with Cure :) Without exceptions, Cure will only heal you if the enemy you are fighting did not damage you in that turn you cast it. If the enemy gathers its strength for limit or defend, ie don't damage you, then your Cure will heal you. This seem like a bug to me.

Spiff
10-18-2005, 11:57 AM
I did start to notice that last night before I went to bed. I wasn't sure though.

Totorosama
10-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Shadowheart, can't you fix it? Maybe ARkacia or Shaggy.

Arkacia
10-19-2005, 05:16 AM
I've noticed that too but haven't found a way to change it. This could be just a quirk of the game or a bug.

I'll do some experimenting over the next few days and see if a way exists to fix it :).

ShadowHeart
10-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Well, I don't see how an enemy attacking you AFTER you cast Cure would affect whether or not you get healed. Besides, the message will still say you were healed 100 HP :)

And Totorosama, I don't have the same access as Arkacia or Shaggy, I'm just a moderator that can do some minor changes with the RPG ;)

Xartex
10-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Just wanted to know how you see how much attack power a weapn has?

ShadowHeart
10-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Buff is the attack power of a weapon or defense of an armor/helm/shield/glove.

Xartex
10-20-2005, 07:20 AM
ok, i see it now, thank you very much

Totorosama
10-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh. I thought buff was the refund money received. Also, what happened to the RPG journal? What section is it in?

Arkacia
10-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Oh. I thought buff was the refund money received. Also, what happened to the RPG journal? What section is it in?

By RPG journal, I assume you mean the guide as I am calling it? It is still under construction. Sorry but I've been a bit slack lately with doing it (darn Diablo 2 LOD:D) and haven't finished it yet. I promise you all to get it done within the next week or so :).

Totorosama
10-30-2005, 04:06 PM
It's that thingy where we reported what we have done for the week on RPGs. Also, why do you call this thing you're doing "the Guide?"

Arkacia
10-30-2005, 07:12 PM
I believe we are thinking of two different things Totorosama :).

Forget what I said ;).

What I am writing is a users guide to the RPG, so new members can read it and know a bit about how to set up their character, how various parts of the RPG work ect. Thats why it's called a guide, because it will hopefully be useful to guide newbies.

Totorosama
11-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Cool. That's really nice. Actually, I already found what I was looking for. Unknowingly, I guess I revealed some of your plans. [gasp]

Phoenix Flame
11-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Haven't got that far yet sorry. I've been busy the last few days so haven't had any time free to delve into the RPG. I'll get some more done this week and will definetly look at the avatar problem and see if I can find the solution :).

Three cheers for Arkacia for helping put together this awesome site!
Hip Hip.....
Hip Hip.....
Hip Hip.....
Thanks for all you do!

Phoenix Flame
11-25-2005, 06:20 PM
You have a point there Shadowheart.

So, those of you who are really into the RPG, tell me what you think a fair amount of experience for posts and threads would be?

I'm open to increasing it but don't want to make it too easy to get to the very high levels. You have to do some of the hard work yourselves :).

Arkacia, would you be open to increasing the GIL you recieve for a post and/or thread? I don't mind having to level up in the monster arena, but the money needed to heal yourself after a few rounds is difficult to come by without posting and threading for a day. Other things that would help would be adding a certain amount of gil as a reward to defeating monsters or making an "Inn" where you can rest up and restore all of your HP/MP in one shot. Just an idea. :)

ShadowHeart
11-25-2005, 06:59 PM
The Inn has already been suggested, and we don't know if it's possible at all to do it. Arkacia couldn't find a way to do it. Gil rewards for killing monsters has also been suggested before, and again, we don't know if it's possible.

Arkacia
11-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Three cheers for Arkacia for helping put together this awesome site!
Hip Hip.....
Hip Hip.....
Hip Hip.....
Thanks for all you do!

Well, I'll accept the cheers with thanks for the some of the RPG work, but the majority of the cheers belong to Shaggy, the site owner, not me :).

He's the one who set the site up and put in the RPG hack in the first place, I just fine tuned it a little ;).

I can't see a way of doing either the inn or gil for monsters sorry, and I have looked :).

Phoenix Flame
11-27-2005, 03:39 AM
Well, I'll accept the cheers with thanks for the some of the RPG work, but the majority of the cheers belong to Shaggy, the site owner, not me :).

He's the one who set the site up and put in the RPG hack in the first place, I just fine tuned it a little ;).

I can't see a way of doing either the inn or gil for monsters sorry, and I have looked :).

Well :o I'm glad for the correction. I would like to publicly thank Shaggy as well. And Shadowheart for that matter...while I'm at it - why not all the bloomin administrators and such :) Thanks guys/gals.
Not excited about the inablility to have an inn :o but I'll get though life somehow :D
L8er

Arkacia
12-26-2005, 03:51 AM
After talking to Shaggy, the amount of gil rewarded for threads and posts has been upped. You now get 30 gil per thread and 15 per post. Let me know what you think about this and if its enough to revive interest in the RPG.

The amount of reward for a referral has gone up from 50 gil to 200.

I've also reduced the amount of money needed for healing from 50 gil to 20. Hope that helps too.

Zeromus_X
01-03-2006, 04:56 AM
the price is right! :D

but whats a referral? (in the rpg?) i havent used it in awhile, so... :o

Arkacia
01-03-2006, 04:59 AM
The referrel isn't in the RPG as such. Its when you get a friend or family member to sign up to the forum, and put your name in the box during registration as their referrer.

You get the gil as a reward for helping to boost the forum's membership.

Squall Lionheart
01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
I have another question....since I had my limit up & steady at certain percentage.....I never found a briefing about it neither about the ''Character being mad'' thing......so does this mean that there are limit breaks in the RPG if the limit reaches 100% or does the strength go up simply with the limit percentage? What happens when it reaches 100% & how is it used?how can the limit % be increased? Finaly the limit % depends on my character choice or does it increase with the level up?

....too many wondering...probably it would be better to post another more specific briefing....

Tiny Bronco
01-26-2006, 05:38 PM
I have just as much wonderings as you do. When I recieve some damage my limit doesn't go up. It's been at 25% for a long time. So I'm wondering like Sqaull Lionheart what the details are. :confused:

Squall Lionheart
01-29-2006, 10:26 PM
.....this question was pending for a while now.....please get back to us any of the moderators in charge......

Tiny Bronco
01-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Maybe they don't know. They didn't make the RPG as I just found out.

Squall Lionheart
01-30-2006, 07:38 PM
then it would be nice to tell us.....

Tiny Bronco
01-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Well yes you make a good point. I've been experimenting and when ever I change my character from a Black Mage to something else and back again his stats. are a bit diff. for better or worse its hard to tell.

Squall Lionheart
01-30-2006, 07:54 PM
so changing a character might lower your battle abilities.....I won't try thought.....

Tiny Bronco
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
It lowers something but raises another.

Squall Lionheart
01-30-2006, 08:55 PM
with the same character?

ShadowHeart
01-31-2006, 04:17 AM
For me, when the enemy dodges my attack, my limit goes up. Not sure it's that way for all characters, but I kinda assumed it was.

Squall Lionheart
01-31-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure.....no one ever dodged my attack........ but did you use your limit break?

ShadowHeart
01-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Not sure. I've never let the meter fill up to 100%. Maybe I'll try and see what happens..

My limit meter always start at 60% when a battle begins, and when it reaches 71% or higher (1 dodge by an enemy will move it 8-15% or so) I can check a box "Let your opponent know you are mad", not sure what that does. Someone said earlier you can't miss if you use it, but I have missed while using it.

Squall Lionheart
01-31-2006, 08:43 PM
So your meter restarts back at its default reading after each battle......
....noticed any increased damage or other effects?

ShadowHeart
02-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Nope, no increased damage, maybe very very slightly, but nothing noticeable in that case. And I'm not sure it's the actual limit since it's useable at 71% or higher. What is the point of letting it get to 100% then?

Squall Lionheart
02-02-2006, 05:10 PM
....guessing that there might be a limit break.....with an increasing probability of hapening as the limit break bar increases.....or maybe only when it becomes 100%....

ShadowHeart
02-02-2006, 05:17 PM
I'll have to let it get to 100% to try...

Squall Lionheart
02-02-2006, 05:22 PM
It would be nice to inform your results.....

Tiny Bronco
02-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I just found out that if you attack an miss then your limit goes up but is reset when the battle is over. I'm close to level 20! Saving up to buy a sheild.

ShadowHeart
03-26-2006, 07:36 AM
I've added battle music midis from FF1-10, so now that you go fighting, you can actually pick a battle theme ;)

If you find any errors or anything missing, let me know!

Zeromus_X
03-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey cool! However...they do reset after you refresh the page. (Either attacking, or whatever.) Guess it can't be helped :p

ShadowHeart
03-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I already told Arkacia about it. She'd look into it, but I doubt it can be fixed.

Zeromus_X
03-26-2006, 06:11 PM
It's probably just the way it's designed.

Tiny Bronco
03-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Spiffy music themes Shadow. I love the FF7 Crasy Mortercycle song. Need that.

ShadowHeart
03-27-2006, 02:47 AM
It's only battle music so far. You want other music in it too?

LoneWolf
03-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Sounds pretty cool shadow (even though I don't have 10 posts yet) but will make an edit of what i think of them once i get there.

Tiny Bronco
03-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Its fine the way it is. I just like that song. Its cool to hear battle musics from other FFs.

Luis
04-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey, I just came here to tell you I though it's been a good idea to put the FF music in the RPG. Although One Winged Angel doesn't sound good enough, the one for Jenova is really good! :p :p

ShadowHeart
04-06-2006, 03:14 PM
It's midi music, and midi is midi.. there is a limit to its quality. Nothing whatsoever we can do about it, unfortunately.

Squall Lionheart
04-07-2006, 04:14 PM
How many of you still fight to level up...

Tiny Bronco
04-07-2006, 04:20 PM
I do because I have no life. :D :D :p ;) :D
I just got to level 21!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
I just realized that you can't buy the Lost Vest for a mage anymore, but I still have one. I'm the only person with a Lost Vest! Spiffyyyyy!

gcarev10
04-09-2006, 11:49 AM
That is lon time under computer dont u think so and for the life dont think like that i am here to so i understand what u say but we have hope and hape is a b.....!

Tiny Bronco
04-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Meh. I have a life. I just have a lot of free time cause I 'm in the 8th grade. Lots O Free Time! :D :cool:

Squall Lionheart
04-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Well I'm hoping that the battle problems are solved quickly so I can train more......

Tiny Bronco
04-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Nothing is stopping me from training. Is something wrong with your RPG?

EDIT: HEHEHEHEHEH EHHEHEHE HE! I'm happy! I just gained 19% of a level in the RPG thing! Thats hard to do when you are 18 and up. I found a much more efficient way of killing monsters! ;) :cool: ;) ;) :rolleyes:

Spiff
04-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Quick question : Has anyone else had problems with cure? It takes my MP but doesn't restore my HP.

Zeromus_X
04-16-2006, 04:15 PM
I've never had that happen to me, but I never used Cure since I used it the first time. It's just not worth it to recover a measly 100 HP.

ShadowHeart
04-20-2006, 01:38 PM
There is a "feature" where Cure will have no effect if and only if you are fighting a monster and the monster attacks (and hits?) you in the same turn as you cast Cure. It will say that it healed you. Cure works fine in player vs player battles or if the monster defends.

Zeromus_X
04-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Still, 100 HP just isn't worth it. :p Unless it's that much as a result of what you just said. It still only healed 100 HP in a player battle, so...I think items are much better.

ShadowHeart
04-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Well, healing by spells is FAR cheaper than healing by items. You get 1 HP per Gil with an item (except with Tent, which gives even less, and Elixir which depends on your Max HP), while the Cure spells give 25 HP per Gil it costs to restore the MA. Even with the Elixir you need a max HP of more than 37,500 to be able to get that kind of cost efficiency, and I'm not sure that's even remotely possible. And for comparison, the healing center is 5 HP per Gil, which is also far better than items.

But.. there is still the problem that I would need to cast even the best healing spell 3 times to fully heal my HP atm, and I can't even use it yet (it's level 30).

Tiny Bronco
04-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Yes. If I can ever get the Fire 3 spell I shall be Unstoppable!!! *Evil Laugh!*
The problems with the RPG Hack seemed to fix itself.

Squall Lionheart
04-22-2006, 10:27 AM
I don't any problem with magics......
but you should list these problems in the battle problems thread...

Master Strife
04-25-2006, 09:12 AM
erm... i dont even know how to work or get onto the RPG system, so if anyone would like to point me in the right direction that would be nice! :)

But if i can get some sort of a tutorial that would be even better! :)

thanks guys!

Squall Lionheart
04-25-2006, 11:36 AM
It's a good thing that you want to train hard...
just be careful or you might end up dead...
http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=631

Tiny Bronco
04-27-2006, 08:07 PM
I don't know if I'm just behind the times or if this is still going on, but I just found out that it seems like the RPG Hack is up and running again.

Squall Lionheart
04-27-2006, 08:38 PM
You can only train by yourself, fighting others will make your Hit% very low...

It's been a while since anyone tried to fix the battle problems...

Yeyana
04-30-2006, 06:46 PM
...How do you buy the magic?

Squall Lionheart
05-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Go to the item shop by selecting the RPG on the top left corner...
but you have to obtain a certain level before being able to use magic spells...

ShadowHeart
05-01-2006, 11:06 AM
You only see items, equipment and magic that your selected class can use too.

Sephiroth v.2
05-01-2006, 11:15 AM
i wonder a thing or two why its not going to buy summons and earn monys wen i fight monsters?

ShadowHeart
05-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Because the person who made the RPG didn't make summons or allow monsters to drop Gil. It's not possible with this particular RPG Hack (maybe it is in a newer version, I don't know).

Squall Lionheart
05-03-2006, 12:36 PM
It's much better that way...earning Gils is already easy enough in several ways...

gcarev10
05-07-2006, 10:22 AM
I dont know wher i put this so i will put it here.
1-st
I have problem i am on lv 18 so i do to bay items weapon for lv 18 i ma genome so i gos to bay genome items end items on expend all generic items , so i bay batle axe end i go in monster arena to see how it gos ,i see that i can use that weapon so i seld that weaop and i bay lanceof hope and i gos in monster arena to see what that weapon can do and i faund that i can use that weapon like batle axe i mast say in the 1-st batle use fist i mastsay that thet things use age to win but i am win that batle , but 2-nd time when i so that i can use lance of hope i was mad and i retred so i see note that i am covord and i am so pist , i mast say that i luse 500 batle points to put things in other and with that 2 weapon what i cant use so can u say what is going on?
2-nd
I have idea how to doge that problem lets put 1 or 2 person in charge to take this tings in order for every gender like genome warior ect..., on that way ilke squall was turnament man , arkacia administrator and ect...so we will have everything in order, but that persons will also have oportuniti to trayd that weapons and say to as is it good or bad on that way we will know is it weapon good for use or not, and 1 more thing thats persons will not resive our batle points in there advantiges, it would be just there to look for that area, be in charge for selling that things to as.
3-rd
I was reed that some of person have problem, shear problem with me and not just to me i belave to everybody on this forum so problem is with batle points in monster arena and i agree with u all who is saying that we shud have batle points with exp points per 1 batle on that way is manster have low lv and hp we resive low batle points and exp, and if monster have hight lv and hp we resive hight batle points and exp, to doge this problem we mast put some of person in charge for that area of bathe who will put things in order ilike i say before arkacia- administrator , squall -turnament and ect.... i think that some of u will agree with me when i say that things and my idea coz we mast organise our selfs i would be beter for our all, think abaut that and say what u think abaut my proposal.
thatks.

Arkacia
07-25-2006, 08:02 PM
I've just done a few changes to the RPG.

All two-handed weapons removed: There has been problems with these weapons, and some don't have images. Decided to take out the lot.

Hammer of Thor removed: No image means it probably won't work.

Removed use of magic from generic class: They have access to all items, so I decided taking magic away levels the playing field a bit.

Doubled, and in some cases tripeled or quadrupled exp gained in the monster area: Have fun :p.

Zeromus_X
07-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Heh, thanks Arkacia. :)

richboywonder
07-25-2006, 10:05 PM
that's cool.the first guy gives you 20 experience points.

Da Chink
07-26-2006, 01:10 AM
Thats Freakin Awesome

richboywonder
07-26-2006, 04:55 AM
aren't you moderators and administrators tired of hearing people complain about getting more gil and stuff.

Spirit
07-26-2006, 10:52 PM
the more exp. the better

Da Chink
07-26-2006, 10:57 PM
aren't you moderators and administrators tired of hearing people complain about getting more gil and stuff.
i dont understand what he means....and yes more exp is better..its was taking so long to lvl b4 :D

Avathar
07-27-2006, 01:29 PM
aren't you moderators and administrators tired of hearing people complain about getting more gil and stuff. i dont understand what he means....and yes more exp is better..its was taking so long to lvl b4 :D

For a while there, I was thinking he's just being a hypocrit. :p

richboywonder
07-27-2006, 11:43 PM
ahhhh damn,sorry about this i know i posted this in a different thread i don't know how this keeps happening.it happend like 3 times.this makes me so mad when this crap happens. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Spirit
07-28-2006, 10:42 AM
before was hard getting level^ now it isn't that bad especially if you are in the high levels

ChocoboMan
07-29-2006, 03:58 PM
yeah levels are kinda easy to get but not when you are in level 19 one or two exp. for the strongest monster you fight.

richboywonder
07-29-2006, 04:00 PM
i came from level12 to level19 in one day.

Spirit
07-31-2006, 12:42 AM
i came from level12 to level19 in one day.

lucky you, im more worry about healing

richboywonder
07-31-2006, 02:12 AM
well,if we never got more exp. we'd be at least 5 levels from what we are now.

Tiny Bronco
11-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Its fine the way it is exp. wise.

I have a problem though. Every so often I get a pop up saying Waring this plug-in is preforming an illegal action. It is strongly recommended that you restart FireFox. This only happens in the monster areana. Is this a glitch of the system or do I need to do something on my end?

John Smith
11-18-2006, 08:00 PM
mUst be somethihng on your computer. I use Netscape with FireFox page view and I've never seen such a warning.

Tiny Bronco
11-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Since I wasn't here fro quite sometime I'm not up to date and I don't feel like looking threw the last 12 pages to find the answer so if someone could help then thanks. It seems easier to level up in the monster arena. Was a change made so that its easier?

Squall Lionheart
11-19-2006, 04:59 PM
The gainned EXP from some monsters was raised...

richboywonder
11-19-2006, 08:30 PM
again

John Smith
11-20-2006, 11:31 AM
It has always been the same to me :S

Tiny Bronco
11-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Well Thunder flans used to be 10 exp. instead of 20.

Zeon
12-26-2006, 04:55 PM
this is kinda a stupid request but i think you should try adding some more monsters in

and maybe change designs of some of them.....

im not sure on wat monsters to use but if ya like i could try and come up with ideas.....its just tht theres so much lvl difference between monsters tht you have to fight the same thing like 45 times or so and it gets old.......maybe like 15 more perhaps?? i dont no how long it takes to make them but it would make the monster arena more fun to be honest.

Arkacia
12-26-2006, 07:29 PM
When the RPG was first set up, Shaggy did try to add a monster of his own, and it didn't work. We ended up having to delete it.

I can look into it though and see what can be done. Maybe it is time the whole thing was overhauled anyway, and some new stuff added across the board to maintain interest.

Will look into it over the next few weeks.

Zeon
12-26-2006, 07:30 PM
NO DONT REMOVE IT!!!! i wanna complete it !!!!!

richboywonder
12-26-2006, 07:33 PM
if i were rich i'd be there all day.healing costs alot

Zeon
12-26-2006, 07:34 PM
i would just own using heal and posting loads for money
but not spamming coz thts gay

richboywonder
12-26-2006, 07:36 PM
or put gil in the bank.

Zeon
12-26-2006, 07:55 PM
could do but i dont trust it....... oh well

richboywonder
12-26-2006, 07:58 PM
mine been in there for months.it kept taking my gil then it stopped taking it

Squall Lionheart
12-26-2006, 09:27 PM
NO DONT REMOVE IT!!!! i wanna complete it !!!!!

I agree with you...but what do you mean complete it? (You can check my stat if you don't understand)
The best that could be done about it is to level down monsters and increase their EXP...

Arkacia
12-26-2006, 10:10 PM
I wasn't talking about removing it, heck no.

I meant adding new stuff across the whole RPG. New monsters if I can, new classes and characters. New items. Not replacing anything, but adding to what is already there.

Zeon
12-27-2006, 05:09 AM
yer tht would rock :)......also maybe have some new ways to earn gil say like a miniture tornement type thing but for monsters intead of other members?

John Smith
12-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Like the FFX Monster Arena?

I don't think that Arkacia will make it. She said that making monsters able of giving you Gil will make it too easy to get Gil.

Zeon
12-27-2006, 03:43 PM
i spose but then make it so only the tougher enemys do so tht it becomes more of a challege to get to and then the rewards lesser (say a behemoth for 20 gil and you need lvl 30 to get there lol)

John Smith
12-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Do you know how hard it is to get up to Level 30? >_>

Zeon
12-27-2006, 04:15 PM
ummmm........yes......is tht an issue???? id put in the effort just for the hell of it :P

John Smith
12-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Ok, let's see if you can reach Level 30 :p

Zeon
12-27-2006, 04:50 PM
ok then we shall see i shall PM you when i do :) :p wont be anytime soon tho coz im working/eating lol so i wont have much time during the next couple weeks or so :p but give me till end of january say and ill have lvl 30 :)

Tiny Bronco
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Jan. will come and pass and you won't get past 25.

Anyhow, I was wondering how you donate gil cause I have a bunch and it seems that their are a lot of people who, if they had more money, would have a greater interest in the monster areana. I could give them moneys and they would be more involved and it might cut back on spam. Even though the spam forum did a great job of that. Just a thought.

Except evertime I try to donate I get a "FireFox is not responding" message. I tried doind this on Explorer and the same thing happened.

Slider
02-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Alright my latest news is that i'm joinin this current tournament since i missed ALL the others (They start as soon as I leave :( )

Tip Daniels
05-17-2011, 05:26 PM
This forum is a ghost town.

dandehdasti
11-03-2018, 04:06 AM
why any body dont what to donate the new one!