PDA

View Full Version : Just got X-2 yesterday...

Shaggy
01-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Yes, I know its been out for a well... :p

I played it for a hour and its pretty good. Anyone else have any comments on it?

FFnut
01-26-2005, 08:50 PM
It's good until you beat it, and then you say "Wow, I actually paid for this crap?" The ending is sub-par compared to most other endings (especially if you just get the regular ending; it's totally unfulfilling) and there is no way to justify getting 100% for the perfect ending, as it's just extraordinarily stupid. The good ending is decent, but the perfect ending sucks. Anyway, something you should watch out for:

EXTREMELY MINOR SPOILERS! (How to get the good ending, which is the only ending honestly WORTH getting)

At the end of chapter 3 you get knocked into the Farplane. When you have control of Yuna, press X a bunch of times until she chases something out of the Farplane. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE SCENE TO RESOLVE ITSELF! Then, at the end of the game, you'll have a cutscene of your characters walking through a field of flowers (this scene appears almost immediately after it says Chapter 5 Complete). Press X during this scene and answer the question in the affirmative (Yes, You bet, Sure, whatever it says because I'm not certain what it says exactly) to get the good ending. The good ending will automatically appear after the credits, I believe.

Gumdrop
01-27-2005, 07:42 AM
I got it a week after it came out and I never liked it very much :/

FFnut
01-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Girls tend to find this game extremely sexist because, well, it is. The story is sub-par and the class changing system sucks (I hate Garment Grids) but there was on item that made the story bearable for me. Equip Cat Nip on a Gunner, get critical, and use Trigger Happy. You can kill anything in one turn with that (well, except for the more powerful bosses in the Bevelle Cloister dungeon. They tend to resist anything. *nods towards Trema*) so it was fun to rip through Angra Mainyu at level 30 on my New Game Plus.

XeroFF7
01-27-2005, 01:50 PM
i love every ff game even this one because of the spa scene and because its was overall not that bad the garment grid wasnt that bad the people of squaresoft always try new stuff and if it fails i still lik it because it new (and by the way i got it the first day it came out like every new final fantasy hat comes out,even 11)

Gumdrop
01-27-2005, 02:34 PM
the catnip is one of the things that made the game worse if you ask me, it was to easy as it was without the cheapest iteam I have ever seen!

XeroFF7
01-27-2005, 04:52 PM
yet i loved every min. of it

Shaggy
01-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey...quit ruining it all for me.. :p

Just kidding. Serious though FFNUT, you need to do some walkthroughs or cheats here for this site!

FFnut
01-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Really? I would love to be able to do that. I'm already working on a walkthrough for Tactics... should I make something for other games too?

Gumdrop
01-28-2005, 09:45 AM
why him, i knew that to :P but nah, I dont wanna write a cheats section because I only ever cheat if i've tried something many times and failed, because i dislike cheating.

XeroFF7
01-28-2005, 01:33 PM
becide ff7 Tatices for Ps1 was and still is the Greatest next to FF7

FFnut
01-28-2005, 02:40 PM
I don't mean to sound trollish, but I'm beginning to think that Xero here is a FF7 Fanboy. Besides his fanatical devotion to FF7, now learning about his fascination with Tactics, well...

Who did Square put in as a secret character for Tactics? Cloud Strife. Why did they put him in? A ploy to draw in FF7 Fanboys. I know several people who only played Tactics because they heard Cloud was in it, and he wasn't even that good of a character.

ShadowHeart
01-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Well, how about this then? FF7 is probably my favourite game of all time, but I have never ever played Tactics. I've never even seen it in action. And I don't know anyone who owns the game.

XeroFF7
01-28-2005, 03:56 PM
go somewhere anywhere and buy this game and then get the greatest char ever cloud strife and dont foget his hidden materia sword u cant use his limits without it and u also get 2 c aerith

Gumdrop
01-28-2005, 06:38 PM
does it matter if he is a ff7 fan boy? I don't see the problem o_o
let us know what you think of ffx-2 when you get to the end shaggy ^^

ShadowHeart
01-28-2005, 07:19 PM
I can't buy FF Tactics.. it was never officially released in Europe. I'd have to import it from the US, but I can't play imported games anyway. And not going to go through the hassle of fixing that.

The only way for me to play FF Tactics would be through an emulator with a downloaded iso-file of the game CD.

XeroFF7
01-28-2005, 09:37 PM
DO IT IS GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT T (and get cloud)

FFnut
01-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Cloud really isn't that good of a character. He's my third least favorite, the first two being Rafa and Malak. Cloud's Limits take forever to charge and don't lock onto an enemy like regular spells do, so an enemy could feasibly move out of the way before Cloud could hit them. Plus, Cloud can only use his Limit attacks when he has the Materia Blade equipped, and by that point in the game the Materia Blade is a really weak weapon.

Shaggy
01-28-2005, 09:56 PM
So i can get more then jsut the 3 girls?

XeroFF7
01-28-2005, 10:03 PM
ya u can get ur own men and train them and cloud was the best

FFnut
01-28-2005, 10:17 PM
UGH!

Shaggy, the last few posts have all been about FFT, not X-2. We got sidetracked because I mentioned the guide I'm working on.

Anyway, you can't get anyone other than the three girls in X-2. But as the game progresses you get more powerful dresspheres (Mascot, anyone?) so it helps out a lot. You should keep Paine as a physical fighter - she has high strength. Dark Knight is the perfect class for her, if you get it.

And to Xero, let's recap the whole Cloud-In-FFT situation:
- You get him when there's only about five battles left IN THE ENTIRE GAME.
- He starts at level one while your other characters should be about level 40-50.
- The Materia Blade has sucky attack power but it's required to use his abilities.
- His abilities take forever to execute and the enemy can just move one square and be unaffected.

How can you consider him even remotely good in FFT?

Once again, Shaggy, I apologize for turning this topic into an argument about Cloud's usefulness in Tactics. I move that we forget about Tactics and only offer advice for X-2 for Shaggy in this thread from now on. Anyone second the motion?

Shaggy
01-28-2005, 10:26 PM
No prob FFNUT...make a thread about it in FFT.

XeroFF7
01-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Because cloud is GOD i said it beside Vincent, Cloud is the most powerful being on this Earth and the materia sword is the greatest weapon ever in FFT EVER

Chocobo-bo
02-15-2005, 02:07 AM
Sorry to ruin your chat about Cloud in FFT...(cough...he sucked...cough) excuse me, but is X-2 worth buying if you haven't played it. I know that a couple of you completely dislike the endings...and to me if the ending sucks it will ruin a game...so please advise me on if I should buy this or not.
p.s. Cloud is only god in FF7 behind Yuffie and Cid

Chocobo-bo
02-15-2005, 02:08 AM
So I guess that makes him the gatekeeper of heaven not God :P

XeroFF7
02-17-2005, 01:30 PM
ffx2 i think u should rent it 1st 2 c how u like it because i liked it but i dont think it was worth 50 dollar buy something lik 15 to 25 is ok but anymore and its not worth it

Mong00se
02-23-2005, 08:07 PM
In most places ffx-2 is like 29.99, and for that kind of money, yes it's worth buying. The replay value is pretty good, and you can choose whether to make the game 40+ hours, or play a shortened version where you don't do any of the secrets.
I still enjoyed it, because its FF, and yes the ending wasn't the best, but the gameplay is still pretty solid

atmaweapon31685
03-14-2005, 04:21 AM
Final Fantasy 6 is the greatest FF next to FF7..... thats all there is too it

atmaweapon31685
03-14-2005, 04:26 AM
becide ff7 Tatices for Ps1 was and still is the Greatest next to FF7
FF6 is the greatest FF next to FF7

~Hidan~
03-14-2005, 10:12 AM
The game is amusing, I guess I never got very far because I laughed at it too much, lets face it it was a pretty corny game. Fun but really really Corny

Zynk
03-17-2005, 06:27 PM
In FFX-2 i like the Beserker and Dark Knight jobs the best.....

ZanarkandRuins
08-02-2005, 06:47 PM
FFx-2 was horrible...

baralai
03-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I like it much but it is not the best game i seen...

darkmajinvegeta
03-05-2006, 09:43 AM
good but ffx is the best

Lil_Ele_Moogle
08-31-2006, 03:58 AM
Hi All *waves*

I've had FF X-2 for a while now and completed it the whole way through (95%) and i didn't find the game sexist or a waste of money at all. it was a good follow up (only wish the battle style had stayedthe same as in X) the storyline went in depth into Yuna, Rikku and Paine; we found out a bit more and revisited old characters.

Considering that Brother is the leader of the gullwings and both Buddy and Shinra have their input as much as the girls, i DON'T consider it sexist! it does try to bring things up to level pegging and try to someowhat show some young and empowetred females; but it's by no means sexist!

the story does answer a lot of things left over from X, and i felt that was one of hte major goals of the game, and it did that well.

I'm not really one to care about other people trash talking, do what you feel is best.... but i at least liked and enjoyed the game and felt that it was a good way to tie off the loose ends of X.

but that's just my opinion...

later...

dappa
10-04-2006, 09:23 AM
I payed a tenner for my copy of 10 part 2 but have yet to start playing it. I am still playing 10 at the moment so I will comment when I get round to playing it

ultimecia
10-09-2006, 08:53 AM
i bought ages ago when it first came out! its okay funny when yuna sings

darkshadow2247
10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
After playing it time and time again, I realized that it's really like a bunch of mini-games with an RPG battle system tied into it.

Kat
10-09-2006, 06:47 PM
yea i noticed that too,and that's prolly half the reason it's so short and really easy :rolleyes:

ultimecia
10-10-2006, 09:09 AM
but theres loads of ways you can go loads of paths that leed to the same place loads of different things you can do a very good game all together not the best final fantasy though

darkshadow2247
10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
but theres loads of ways you can go loads of paths that leed to the same place loads of different things you can do a very good game all together not the best final fantasy though
I agree with that. It's kind of like a choose your own adventure thing but with a successful outcome no matter how you do it.

dappa
12-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I think graphics wise it is one of the best final fantasies I have ever seen. The animation on the fiends is much better than 10's fiends