PDA

View Full Version : the naruto US dub...or my thoughts on censorship.

Zeromus_X
09-18-2005, 01:49 AM
heres my opinion on the naruto dub. (and, to safeguard myself, imagine and IMO after every sentence. )
the scripting is ..ok...
attack names less than stupendous(the japanese names just sound awesome, dont they?)
narutos voice...surprisingly mediocre
sakuras...not good
havent heard sasuke. id pick chuck huber, hes the only funimation actor id pick for sasuke
kakashi ...meh.
ikura and konohamaru...hm...
lack of nosebleeds lowers humor :( :D
i hope that the later characters arent ruined...but i shouldnt get my hopes up...they better not ruin orochimaru! ill never forgive funimation if they do!!

but , anyway, i think funimation is trying to do something thats too much for them, by trying to make it "appropriate for american audiences". it seems we censor everything. anime really isnt as bad as some of the BS thats not cartoons. *cough*reality tv*cough*
in addition, anyone whos seen the later episodes will know that naruto is an incrediby bloody series. (probably more in the manga.) how will they deal with that? i mean, if they cant show a nosebleed, how will they show zaku's arm being blown off? :p well, with any luck, theyll make uncut dvds, like with shaman king, one piece, and yugioh!, etc... i just really dont like censorship. if you dont want your kid to watch something violent, dont let them! (i personally think sex and drug use are more harmful than violence) maybe an 8 year old shouldnt watch it, just like they probably shouldnt play San Andreas.
i dunno...maybe parents really dont know whats goin' on? if so, thats kinda sad...

well, this is kinda ranty, but i wanted to get my thoughts out. yours?

Spiff
09-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Censorship and responsiblity go hand in hand. If you're not responsible and let your kids watch stuff inapropriate for them, it is your fault. Censorship is never a good thing, but if someone complains about a game (or anything else) there's always talk of censoring/banning it. Where was I going with this? um.... anyway, nevermind.

Zeromus_X
09-21-2005, 08:18 PM
thats true. id just like to believe that parents know what their children are watching, but without monitering every little thing...maybe in a perfect world... :)

Max the Man
09-21-2005, 10:09 PM
*sigh* yes, Naruto is bloody, and no, I don't understand why they dubbed out nosebleeds, cause they don't make any sense at all anyway. (unless your japanese, it has something to do with blood pressure though...) The lady who plays Naruto is named Maile! lol and she played Spinelli on Recess. the only thing I have to congratulate FUNimation is that they kept all the good Japanese names (like "hard to pronounce ones" like Naruto, Sasuke, and Chojii, unlike in animes such as Yu Gi Oh, and Shaman King, where they had to rename just about everyone) and that they didn't dub anything out of the "Sexy Jutsu", something that you would expect FUNimation to do. Why they dubbed all that much out doesn't make sense, because it's on so late (9:00 is really late for the FUNimation audiences) so anyway, I'm kind of rambling on and I need to end this post before I rant about some of my favorite anime's and Mangas getting entirely different names... I guess. :p

Zeromus_X
09-21-2005, 10:49 PM
glad theres someone here who thinks like me :p