PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Ball

XeroFF7
01-27-2005, 01:51 PM
GREATEST MINI GAME EVER even better than choboco breeding

Gumdrop
01-27-2005, 02:38 PM
its hard to say if i liked it more than than breeding becase I found both kinda boring :/ but if your talking about blitzball in ffx-2 then theres no challenge because chocobo breeding would win :P but ffx blitzball was ok I guess...

Lionheart97007
01-27-2005, 02:51 PM
I agree. Blitzball is one of the greatet minigames ever. I played so much that I actually had 8 level 100 characters with all of their techcopy abilities as well as their tech find abilities. I have an awesome lineup:
LF: Tidus
RF: Wakka
MF: Mifurey
LD: Kulukan
RD: Ropp
GL: Nimrook
Bench: Brother
Bench: Nedus
I just prefer Nedus' speed and having the honor of keeping the retired Wakka on my team, than trading them for Isken and Larbeight. I have currently :eek: 412:13 logged on my game, and also, there have been so many trades in the blitzball league, that every character has all of there techs and are also level 100. Needless to say, some games are quite gruesome. My current project is to find a way to get Tidus to learn Auroch's spirit and get Wakka to learn Jecht Shot 1 & 2. I hear that Linna, the girl that can be found on frozen road near macalania temple, can tech find litterally every ability. So my idea is to sign her, have here tech find all 3 abilities, get rid of her, have her learn the abilities by playing her team over and over again using those techs, then tech finding those slots for Tidus and Wakka and wait for her to use them. I know it sounds crazy, but I think it has a possibility to work. Send me some ideas if anyone else has some. I also intend on some day signing players one at a time and unlocking every ability using tech find, just to even the playing field a bit more.

Lionheart97007 :p

;) P.S. Volley Shots are a b**ch to get, but I have pointers on getting any tech or any player (Nimrook) easily, just ask.

:rolleyes: P.P.S. A little trick that some people don't know is that if you have multiple players with the same number of goals scored, and are first place at the end of the tournament/season, you will recieve 2 of the top scorer prizes.

ShadowHeart
01-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Blitzball was fun... until you got really good at it and had lots of great players. Then it got boring.

XeroFF7
01-27-2005, 04:49 PM
they should make it a online game i had tidus's jet shot mach 3 and one else get it

FFnut
01-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Tidus was my midfielder. Game starts. Tidus gets ball. Tidus swims to goal and gets blocked by at most three enemies. Break one. Unleash Jecht shot. Repeat.

ShadowHeart
01-27-2005, 07:13 PM
As I said.. it gets boring. It's so repetitive in the long run. You win every single game so easily eventually.

Gumdrop
01-28-2005, 09:46 AM
^thats why its not very good :P and its just football underwater -_-

ShadowHeart
01-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Anyone wondered how they can all breathe underwater for so long? :)

Gumdrop
01-28-2005, 11:37 AM
yeah I wondered that too o_o in the hidden ffx ending in the Japenese version Yuna says she has been learning to swim underwaterand has learnt to stay under for two minuets and x numer of seconds o_o

XeroFF7
01-28-2005, 01:22 PM
see what i did was let the other team lvl up so they were just as good as me and then it got challenging
Also you can unlock so many shots
they were also trained to hold there breath underwater that is why u lose 1 hp every second

Mong00se
02-14-2005, 11:58 PM
You know the blitz game that you have to play during your first visit to Luca? I was told that it's impossible to beat it, but i've beat it all three times I've played through, just like 1-0 or 2-1.
I never took an interest to Blitz really. I didn't understand and didn't want to uunderstand the logistics of it, so I just never played it. Because of that too, I never got Wakka's secret weapon or made him any good as a character.

Shaggy
02-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Well I felt the same way. I was never really into the blitz ball either. But you are right, if it came out on its own and was an online deal, I would job all over it!

ShadowHeart
02-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Hmm, I actually won that blitz game the first time I played it.. then I never managed to do it again, so I was probably just lucky. My brother on the other hand thinks it's easy heh.

XeroFF7
02-15-2005, 01:48 PM
i won it 2 and i thought u should get lik a rare item but all u get is a cut scene of wakka with a big trophy

(note: its funny as hell when u make wakka hit himself with his own blitzball)

FFnut
02-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Interesting fact - After holding your breath for four minutes, brain cells begin to die off from lack of oxygen.

Blitzers are underwater for five minutes at a time.

So THAT'S why they're so stupid!

XeroFF7
02-17-2005, 01:35 PM
man its just a fun game 2 play and 2 tell u it is just a game so anything can happen

Quezacotl
04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
I got addicted to Blitzball at one point. :o I didn't think I'd like it very much after I didn't havea clue what was going on in the tournament which I lost the first time, but that was because I hadn't worked out to put the controls on manual yet... it's so much easier now. :p And even though it ended up being easy to win every game, I still really enjoyed playing it, even if I didn't need the prizes any more. It just seemed really addictive.

johnnylumpkin
05-14-2005, 06:56 PM
I didnt like it. I really hated it.

LoKuS
05-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Blitzball is alright, i dont really like it tho.

twiztidclown
06-17-2005, 11:07 PM
yep i loved it too

Dark_PsycherV28
07-19-2005, 07:31 PM
In order to win that first game you definitely must have jecht shot (get it on top of the ship) and some luck.Like FFnut said blitz got boring.i had Brother as a midfielder,and since he was the one making most of the moves he leveled up like crazy,could outrun anyone,pass everywhere,score from everywhere...since everyone was 20-25 lvls below him.I just played it to get Wakka's overdrive and sigil.

Totorosama
08-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Absolutely entertaining, and even addicting, although the gil cost is a bother at first. They really should consider making a game out of it.

Xartex
08-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Shadowheart
My brother on the other hand thinks it's easy heh.
Yeah, well i'm his brother and i only lost that game the first time i played... the ohter times I've won the easilly

Frost
11-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Blitzball is actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it and have the right team. I hated it the first time I played because I got my ass kicked. Second time, found it to be fun. Third, was enjoying it. It hasn't gotten boring yet, though I haven't been playing that much.

ff7Alexander
11-30-2005, 12:30 AM
i hate blitz ball!!!!!!!!

Phoenix Flame
12-01-2005, 06:16 AM
i hate blitz ball!!!!!!!!

Oh come now. It wasn't THAT bad where you have to hate it is it? How many times have you played it?

Black Mage
12-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Do you guys ever think Blitz Ball could become a real sport someday? I mean kinda childish but I mean it would be pretty awsome for it to be a pro sport.

Black Mage
12-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh by the way how could you hate Blitz ball?! I mean such a fun game....

ShadowHeart
12-13-2005, 11:15 AM
I seriously doubt anyone can hold their breath long enough.

Phoenix Flame
12-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I agree...although it would be fun to witness, I think we are looking at the best man can do with water polo...SUCK! :D

wimsi
12-13-2005, 03:30 PM
I seriously doubt anyone can hold their breath long enough.

*rofl*

i didn't like blitz. ok, i didn't like the whole game, so....

i never played it further than to this thundery place. don't know, how it's called. the first time i played ffx, the motivation was just gone and the second turn, ff-ac came out and i had better things to do ^^

Black Mage
12-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Better things to do? As in what? Besides sports....

wimsi
12-13-2005, 05:34 PM
wach ff-ac!

Phoenix Flame
12-15-2005, 04:23 AM
Gerrrrrr! Why isn't Jan. 20th here yet!?!? I'm getting tired of waiting :)

Xuffire
01-17-2006, 11:44 PM
i stink at blitzball.. i find it so hard lol

berserker
01-28-2006, 08:55 PM
blitz ball is the best mini game(besides chocobo racing)i got all my plaers to lvl 99 with titus's jecht shot 2 and wakkas special(forgot the name)man i wish there was online play i would beat anybody

ShadowHeart
01-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Blitz Ball would be much better if there was more challenge. Towards mid and end-game it's near impossible to lose a game. It gets way too easy eventually. But it's still fun, especially early on.

Phoenix Flame
01-31-2006, 12:49 AM
Online play would be awesome! I enjoyed playing blitz until the end too...then I just HAD to reset the game. I couldn't stand not even trying and still make one goal to win. :)

baralai
03-01-2006, 10:40 AM
I love blitz ball moust 4 i win all matches i play i got the greates team in the history wohahahahha!!

darkshadow2247
07-05-2006, 12:31 AM
i won my first blitzball match tonight

~Hidan~
07-05-2006, 12:37 AM
It was a lot of fun, i didnt find it too hard either, and i usually suck at Sport Games

darkshadow2247
07-05-2006, 01:10 AM
the funny thing is that i won against the Luca Goers. before now, i've lost every blitzball match...like 20. but i beat the Luca Goers; how ironic

LoneWolf
07-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Glad you beat the luca goers man, took me quite a few times to do it but once i was able to recruit some new ppl i was unstoppable.

darkshadow2247
07-06-2006, 01:54 AM
i recently bought FFX (again) and played the manditory match against them in the storyline. it was tied 1-1. we went into triple overtime when i finally scored with a Jecht Shot to end it. and now im like 18-3 over all with recruiting Wedge (outside the stadium main gate on the right) and replacing letty

wakka
07-08-2006, 08:21 AM
bliz is the best mini game ever

darkshadow2247
07-08-2006, 06:17 PM
bliz is the best mini game ever
its the truth, ever since i got the hang of it, i can't stop playing. i play before i start into FFX and when i say i'm gonna stop playing the main game, i wind up playing at least 1 more game of blitz.

its a great game with a great system. the developers of blitz were genius (unlike the sphere break counter part in X-2)

Greendragon
07-10-2006, 11:43 PM
i honestly found the whole blitzball game..kinda boring..and CHEAP! it was kinda slow paced and ....they cheated! when i looked at the mini-map/radar thing in the corner. i saw me....and no one else anywhere near me..then all of a sudden...BOOM! i gotta break through 4 people.....bull....so yea. i gave up on blitz..wakka dosent need an ultimate weapon anyway..hes a pretty useless character..

darkshadow2247
07-11-2006, 12:59 AM
depending on how you use him. unless it's auron and lulu, then everyone is pretty much useless unless you exploit their strengths

Kat
07-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Go Zanarkand Abes!

darkshadow2247
07-29-2006, 12:17 AM
lawl...super bump

Spirit
08-01-2006, 12:55 PM
i honestly found the whole blitzball game..kinda boring..and CHEAP! it was kinda slow paced and ....they cheated! when i looked at the mini-map/radar thing in the corner. i saw me....and no one else anywhere near me..then all of a sudden...BOOM! i gotta break through 4 people.....bull....so yea. i gave up on blitz..wakka dosent need an ultimate weapon anyway..hes a pretty useless character..

same here

Da Chink
08-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Blitz ball is the eziest minigame right next to chocobo racing...and Wakka is not a useless char. His overdrive does the most dmg out of all the chars

Avathar
08-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Blitz Ball is indeed one of the least interesting mini-games throughout the Final Fantasy games. =/

Phoenix Flame
08-01-2006, 08:32 PM
The first time I played through the game I put maybe 24 hours into playing it - and would occasionally power up X just to play - but the second time through was a major bore - I'm at the calm lands and have only played one game since Luca - yawn!

darkshadow2247
08-01-2006, 10:07 PM
blasphemy. i will admit, if you can't get the hang of it, then it will easily piss you off :P

richboywonder
08-02-2006, 12:10 AM
that game is cool.

Legend
08-02-2006, 01:35 PM
i like the game but it takes some time to get

blukazoo159
08-02-2006, 03:00 PM
i think its good, but it's too easy later in the game!!!!

Phoenix Flame
08-03-2006, 12:45 AM
Ok...so I finally played through to get the attack reels. Now I'm done right - oh no! I got to play to get his sigil/crest!!! Urk! :(

I have to admit. It was better when I played a few times again to level up and got some half-way decent guys/girl goalie on my team. Screw the Aurochs originals - everyone but Datto is lame

dappa
10-18-2006, 09:18 AM
I hate blitzball but after reading this thread looks like I'm gonna have to play it to get the attack reels overdrive.

neo magic z
10-22-2006, 02:44 AM
yep i rock at blitz ball

Kat
10-22-2006, 01:12 PM
im only good at blitzball in FFX-2...cuz i don't have to control my players i just train them ^.^

dappa
10-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Arrrrrgh Today I was fighting don tonberry for over an hour, I got bored fighting him so I ended the battle through lack of time.

When I was at luca someone hinted quote "you have to win some more games"

I could do with wakkas 'attack reels'.

Can someone tell me what conditions have to be met at blitzball for wakka to learn this overdrive and secondly does anyone know of any locations where decent blitzball players can be signed up? The best one I found so far was Rin.

Thanks in advance.

dappa
02-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Ok never mind. I am on my second play of ff10 and I have learnt every overdrive for wakka.

I think this blitzball is a bit long winded but know I finally understand it all, I am starting to enjoy it.

I could never bring myself to remove datto, letty, keepa, botta and Jassu from the team to recruit new players. So they have levels of around 40 at the moment.

I am only 5 games away from winning the Jupiter Sigil. Yay!!!!

Phoenix Flame
02-16-2007, 02:40 AM
Glad you are liking it better this time thought.

I didn't keep the old team. I used a bunch of different players. Including Miyu as my goaly.

dappa
02-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Whats the highest stats anyone has ever received for their players?

I suppose each player is unique.

Griever
02-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Well here is an easy team solution as long as you don't mind waiting til later in the game to start playing blitz alot.

I always wait until i get the airship to get my blitz team together.

I always get Brother, Jumal (Goaltender), Svanda, Wedge, and Naida from the jump.

Brother is a decent shooter at higher levels and a good defender too, he is also fast and has good block. Tidus is a good shooter but a poor defender, i've found that brother can more than make up for tidus's defense handicap.

Jumal is a good idea for a goaltender at first until Nimrook becomes a free agent. (I mention Nimrook from the al bhed phyches because he has the best catch stat at max level (level 99) Basically, all i do is set brother at mid, naida and tidus on either side of him, jumal in the goal, and wedge/svanda on defense.

Then all i do is just play league mode and get techs/exp to make them better.

Brother can snag the ball most of the time. In the unlikely case the offensive player gets past brother, tidus, naida, then svanda/wedge compensate. And jumal is the best goalie to have early on, as soon as he hits lvl 3, just set him with super goalie and you don't have much to worry about.

Set tidus with sphere shot/jecht shot and you're good to go til you get tackle slip and other useful techs. (Tidus+Jecht shot+Tackle slip 2=Uber leetness)

Since i made this team combo, i have been undeafeated in blitzball.

It's a sure fire way to grabbing those overdrives and that oh so sexy sigil :P

mrx619
02-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Personally I can't stand blitzball, it makes no sense to me when trying to control your players.

Griever
02-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Yes but it's required to get Wakka's overdrives and the sigil to unlock his legendary weapon.

I guess if you don't care about that and you wanna skip blitz, that's up to you.

dappa
03-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I found that once my team learnt the counterattack formation I was unbeatable at blitz.

Even a low stat team could win with that formation.

Gackt Camui
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
For some reason I cannot play Blitzball at all. Everything I do messes up the game. My brother is really good at it though

Griever
03-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I found that once my team learnt the counterattack formation I was unbeatable at blitz.

Even a low stat team could win with that formation.

I don't even use formations and i still haven't lost a game for 500+ games.

What exactly does the counter attack formation do anyway? It must be decent if a low stat team can win with it.

Gackt Camui
03-08-2007, 05:21 PM
My brother isn't that good. I find it to be kinda boring anyways. I would rather just play the game then mess around with Blitzball

dappa
03-08-2007, 06:56 PM
What exactly does the counter attack formation do anyway? It must be decent if a low stat team can win with it.

Ah yes counter attack. What it does is push your two forward players right outside the goalie area and they stay around that area.

So when theres a blitz off and your team gets the ball all you do is long ball it to your foward players (there wont be a single computer player near your forward players) and get tidus or whoever is in forward to take a shot. Its that easy to score.

Only switch to counter attack formation after getting the ball.

Gackt Camui
03-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Hmmm I will have to try that myself...maybe I will actually be able to play if i get it down?

Griever
03-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Hmmm I will have to try that myself...maybe I will actually be able to play if i get it down?

Just use the team/positions i mentioned up a ways on this page of the thread, and you are sure to win.

You can even swap wedge for wakka, and put naida on defense instead and wakka as a forward, that works well also.

Phoenix Flame
03-09-2007, 04:44 AM
I enjoyed the pwnage I gave every team after I got Blappa (fwd), Wedge (guard), and Miyu (goalie.) I used Datto as my center and Ropp as my other guard. I didn't need any stinkin formations. LOL.

yogimbo
03-09-2007, 01:08 PM
i gotta say blitzball is an awsome mini game tbh.i wouldnt really call it a mini game cos there's plenty to do on there also

Griever
03-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I enjoyed the pwnage I gave every team after I got Blappa (fwd), Wedge (guard), and Miyu (goalie.) I used Datto as my center and Ropp as my other guard. I didn't need any stinkin formations. LOL.

Haha. That sounds like an interesting team, i may have to try that one out :o

But so far, mine hasn't failed. XD

dappa
03-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Didn't any of you other posters use formations when your team weren't in possession of the ball?

Griever
03-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Nah i never use them

ultimecia
03-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Mod edit: ...err Ultimecia - did you read the title of the tread correctly? This is strickly X - blitz ball...not VII's Chocobo breeding... although I agree with your post. :)

Gackt Camui
03-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks for all the info I am going to try everyone.

Phoenix Flame
05-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Kelley - play any blitz lately...or strictly getting blitzed? LMAO!

dappa
06-05-2007, 07:31 PM
probably getting blitzed

Kat
06-07-2007, 12:27 AM
lol,thats all i ever do -__-"
i tried all sorts of tactics but i hate FFX blitzing.
xD
and i love FFX-2
its so simple!
im like a master.
the only thing bad about it is you get like 5 minuets to play one game.
once i was in the tournament though,and we were tied when the bell "should" have went off,so it was a sudden death score.
that game lasted 17 minuets.
^_^;
i thought i was gonna die of stress.
XD

darkshadow2247
06-08-2007, 04:41 AM
Who needs formations?

My team -
Tidus/Wedge - Foward
Jassu - Center
Ropp/Zalitz - Defenders
Jumaal - Goalie

With that team set-up, my goalie rarely sees any action and I easily score 6+ points per game. I'd probably score more if I didn't spend time passing the ball to my defenders to give them exp.

Phoenix Flame
06-08-2007, 07:23 AM

Shinra Soldier 1
08-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Blitzball was awesome! I had a great team, and wasn't even too sure how to play at first, but i looked around for some guides, it was highly enjoyable. I have only played 3 final fantasy games, and have to say this is a really good mini game, other than the gold saucer games in ff7

dappa
08-29-2007, 02:33 PM
I used to hate this mini-game but once i got a feel for it i was drawn in........

I never bothered with recruiting and kept the original besaid aurochs together.

I think it is up there with chocobo racing in final fanasy 7. Now as for Sphere break......................

clief101_
08-30-2007, 03:45 AM
the only person i drafted was wakka and got rid of letty...no formations
Tidus and datto in attack, wakka the middle, jassu and botta defence and of course keepa

i even beat a team 14-0...i jus scored and scored with tidus 1 after the other

Seyluv
08-30-2007, 06:05 AM
I still hate it.

I barely win.

But, I do love the "X" version way more then the "X-2" version. And I seem to be getting better.

dappa
08-30-2007, 08:12 AM
I lose interest in it after i've got wakka's sigil

I see it as a means to a end to getting that sigil really.

Its worth getting though.

clief101_
09-02-2007, 10:06 PM
I still hate it.

I barely win.

But, I do love the "X" version way more then the "X-2" version. And I seem to be getting better.

ur probaably 'getting better' 'coz u lvl up faster than other teams, not coz u take less exp, but coz u get more of the ball

my tidus is like lvl 70 or sumfin, then datto is bout 40
i use tidus alot to shoot 4 goals, coz i have jecht shot 1 & 2, yay

dappa
09-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah it helps that jecht shot, my favorite technique for tidus. I always have tidus in my team.

clief101_
09-03-2007, 11:43 PM
yes, so do i...ive almost got every skill that u can get 4 him....i think i play blitzball a bit much...in fact, i think im gonna play it again

dappa
09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
One thing i hate about blitzball is the randomness factor which is thrown in every now and then for things like tackles and shots on goal.

I haven't even touched blitzball on ffX2 so how does it differ guys?

clief101_
09-05-2007, 12:47 AM
i neva played it either, so i cant really be of service...i read about it in a FAQ, but didnt understand the concept, so i jus left it

Shinra Soldier 1
09-05-2007, 04:56 PM
My favorite was blitzball cus my team was friggin awesome! I recruited a lot of people into my team. Sphere break was just as awesome though. I can't really remember Chocobo Racing, but it wasn't bad, just kinda hard and stressfull

clief101_
09-06-2007, 12:09 AM
my chocobo racin was awsum...gold chocobo and everythin...but tghats not the topic
my blitz ball profile was jus impossible was unbeatable...still is unbeatable actually

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 02:44 AM
Anybody here have any advice to get good EXP other than the Easy Win Bug? That seems too cheap for me. :P

rissole25
10-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Easy Win Bug?

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 04:39 AM
There's an area where the opponent's AI ignores you. It's like in a corner somewhere....but you keep two characters there and pass the ball back and forth.

rissole25
10-24-2009, 11:21 PM
i think i've seen it before. the opponents just kept spinning in circles when i was in a certain spot and then they came after me when i left it.

TherathxRikku
10-25-2009, 06:06 AM
That's it. It's the cheapest way to win. :p

rissole25
10-26-2009, 05:51 AM
awesome. i may try that when i cant be bothered playing blitzball

TherathxRikku
10-26-2009, 11:11 AM
I may actually have to do that method, I'm too lazy to build my characters up the natural way, plus, since I barely play Blitzball, every other team suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I'll have a disappointingly huge advantage over everyone. Oh well, once I get it over with, then I'll be done with Blitzball...till I get to that point on my new file, of course. xD

rissole25
10-27-2009, 03:54 AM
yea im only playing blitzball for wakkas sigil or crest or whatever it is. i've already got tidus's, yuna's, auron's and rikku's complete

TherathxRikku
10-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Wakka's all I have left. I struggled to get Attack Reels...

clief101_
10-27-2009, 09:01 AM
i love blitzball, its like the only thing i play FFX for now, iv dun evrything else....jus wana see how high i can get my characters, my tidus is lvl 80 haha

TherathxRikku
10-27-2009, 09:04 AM
*chokes on pocky* There is wizardry in your PS2!!! jk

rissole25
10-27-2009, 05:49 PM
lv. 80!!! wow...how many hours would you have spent playing blitzballl?

TherathxRikku
10-27-2009, 09:22 PM
I probably could get to level 80 if I was really dedicated..

rissole25
10-28-2009, 03:45 AM
I think my Tidus is LV 36 or something

TherathxRikku
10-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Highest I ever got was on a different file, one that regrettably got erased. He was somewhere around lvl 30 or 40. v_v

clief101_
10-28-2009, 09:39 AM
i love blitzball haha. lots of hours. i think, 134 wins? or sumthing like that. ive kept my original team, but taken out letty and put in wakka. hes my lowest lvl at 36? my team is mostly around 50?

TherathxRikku
10-28-2009, 09:49 AM
*falls on keyboard* You art being worshipped. lol jk

clief101_
10-28-2009, 09:53 AM
haha, i play it every now and again. i REALY want like, an online blitzball. now that would be the best, if u could use ur existing file of it! i would OWN!!! lolz, thats all i do on the game now, play blitzball. there was a time a cpl years ago where i played only it for about 2 weeks....i jus kept using tidus, he gained sooo many lvls.

TherathxRikku
10-28-2009, 07:43 PM
You probably would own, that's the scary thing..

rissole25
10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
That would be awesome. Online Blitzball, your team vs the opponents team. Or, you just customise your player at the start, like appearance and stats, and you get into a random match or just with friends and you each control your own character. Now that would be cool. Except your teammates might be newbs or something. That'd be bad

TherathxRikku
10-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Not to mention a Tidus on everyone's team? Such Originality! xD

rissole25
10-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Well if there was a customisation feature to choose what you look like, then everyone would try to make there character look like Tidus or Wakka.

clief101_
10-30-2009, 01:13 AM
or themselves? and u wouldnt be able to have a whole tidus like team..if u have a attacker then u can join a room that needs an attacker.
i think the team vs team idea would work better though, otherwise u b sitting in a lobby for hours waiting for a team to be made up

rissole25
10-30-2009, 03:55 AM
Yea...hardly anyone would want to be goalie so that would be a flaw. If they were all attackers then they wouldn't have good CP or whatever it is that goalies need.

clief101_
10-30-2009, 05:05 AM
CA (catch) lol, my tidus has a catch of 8 i think? and he a lvl 80, so i dont think hed b a gud keeper. although the other team rarely gets a shot at my keeper lol

rissole25
10-30-2009, 08:39 AM
I'd love too see someone have Keepa as there main attacker and win the match.

TherathxRikku
10-31-2009, 03:40 AM
Nimrook is actually the best keeper, fyi. 67 CA at level 99. .____.

Keepa could win a match if the other team sucks something awful. lol

rissole25
10-31-2009, 09:35 PM
And if there slow. Because he is really slow as well.

clief101_
11-01-2009, 11:09 AM
cant u get higher than lvl 99 in blitzball? i cant member? guess ill have to find out...soon lol

and yeah, nimrook is the best keeper...brother is the fastest player? i think, but datto is VERY fast aswell, love using him haha, its funny gettin away from the entire opponent from the other side of the sphere so im by myself wen i shoot....
i have a confession....ive had my tidus in my goals, shot with sphere shot....and still goten it in for a goal....against nimrook....XD

TherathxRikku
11-01-2009, 06:36 PM
The guidebook says you cannot.

And that's embarrassing for the Psyches..

clief101_
11-02-2009, 12:09 AM
oh, well that sucks....would be kool if you could lol.

i dont know if he's with the scyches in my game anymore?i cant remember?

rissole25
11-02-2009, 04:44 AM
Lol everyone is in different teams when you keep playing Blitzball. Last time I played a game of Blitzball, A Ronso signed in with the Guado Glories

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 05:06 AM
My Aurochs team is no longer the Aurochs. It's mostly freelance players and the Goers. xD

rissole25
11-02-2009, 05:43 AM
I dont like breaking the Aurochs up. I add a new player and it makes my team lose. Thats why I shouldn't play Blitzball at the start of the game all the time so all the teams so i have a chance with freelance players.

clief101_
11-02-2009, 05:59 AM
i didnt want to break my team up....cept for adding wakka and kicking out letty lol

rissole25
11-02-2009, 06:03 AM
It'd be funny if you could have your party in your blitzball team. I'd laugh so hard just to see Lu swimming away from the other team.

Oh btw, who throws you the blitzball for Blitz Ace? Lu throws it for me.

clief101_
11-02-2009, 06:09 AM
doesnt it depend onn whos in your party? i remeber lulu throwing it for me aswell, but i cant remember if any1 else does? hmmm?

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Yuna and Rikku do, probably Wakka, too.

clief101_
11-02-2009, 07:35 AM
thats what i thought, but wasnt sure? its been a while since ive actualy played the game properly

rissole25
11-02-2009, 08:38 AM
I think it depends on who your nicest to. Like what decisions you do.

TherathxRikku
11-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Yuna and Rikku always throw the ball for me.

clief101_
11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
so, does any1 have jecht shot 2?

TherathxRikku
11-05-2009, 03:06 AM
No, I gave up trying to get that. It's worth getting, but I don't play much Blitz anyway, so...

rissole25
11-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Isn't there a Jecht Shot 3 as well?

clief101_
11-05-2009, 08:13 AM
no, there isnt...i thort there might have been, but no. jecht shot 2 is good and everything, but even if ur shoot is way above the keepers, its not 100% chance of going in. i dont use it, i use the original, it works just as good lol

TherathxRikku
11-05-2009, 08:13 PM
You're probably thinking of the Sublimely Magnificent Jecht Shot Mark III. Hell of a name for Pop, pop, SCORE!!!

rissole25
11-06-2009, 04:22 AM
Lol "Sublimely Magnificent"...

TherathxRikku
11-06-2009, 05:06 AM
I've used that phrase more than once.

clief101_
11-07-2009, 07:08 AM
lol, thats the name that jecht gives it. its the one that tidus uses until u get jecht shot 2

rissole25
11-07-2009, 08:47 PM
It is. I remember him saying it in the flashback i think.

TherathxRikku
11-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Anybody else not know what the hell to do for Jecht Shot Memory Scene till you were 15? >_> I sat there as a kid going, "the eff do I do?!"

rissole25
11-09-2009, 04:50 AM
LOL thats what I did. It took about 6 tries before I understood what to do.

I was like, "What do I do. Why are those boxes appearing all over the screen. I'm pressing buttons and it's not doing anything. This game is confusing".

Then I read what to do carefully and slowly.

TherathxRikku
11-09-2009, 04:58 AM
I just found out randomly, I was just randomly pressing buttons and one of the quotes just disappeared, "I was like, lolwtf?" So I reset the game and I had it down in a second.