PDA

View Full Version : glitches

Zeromus_X
10-05-2005, 07:34 PM
i put this here so it wouldnt go over the final boss over view.

anyway, the topic today is...glitches!! :D you gotta love em'(except when they erase your game...ick..)

do you consider glitches to be cheating? (like w-item cloning) or do you not since theyre a part of the game? ill post a list of glitches in ff games i know of later on...

comments?

Zeromus_X
10-06-2005, 03:51 PM
ff2: the infamous "attack cancel" bug. great job, nasir. :p

ff4: weapon cloning. go in a battle. now go to a blank spot in your inventory, and switch that spot with an item in the characters r or l hand. run away. now, equip that character with the item. but, when equipped, it has a "2" next to it. un equip it. now equip it again. they will be split! :D great for getting multiple excaliburs.

ff6: relms sketch bug.: not in the ps version. just sketch a monster. if it fails, the game goes all glitchy! (due to an "uninitialized pointer", whatever that is) it either erases the game, or gives you hundreds of rare items! (or 1000s of dirks...)i got a ton of ultima weapons once!!it was awesome!! still, it can mess up your game...thats why most people dont use relm...but i love relm! because i love art!!

ff7:w item!! use the first item. now use a second item, and when its targetting, cancel. now, youll have one more of the first item!!do it 99 times for best results! :D

meh, thats all i can think of for now..if theres any others, please post em'.

nyao...

ShadowHeart
10-06-2005, 03:56 PM
There's a Highwind landing glitch in FF7. You can actually get Quadra Magic and Mime without any chocobos! You press the land button over a grassy area just by the dirt area where you can't land, then quickly hold Square and forward. If you do it right, the Highwind will move forward while landing and land on the dirt! Never tried it myself, only read about it :)

Zeromus_X
10-06-2005, 05:10 PM
my friend said something along those lines...didnt give it any thought :p of course, he hates me because i actually bred the golden chocobo :D

Max the Man
10-06-2005, 09:50 PM
FFVIII glitch! Once, I was fighting the Guillions, and they turned my party to stone... but it didn't give me game over. The game continued like I had beat them, I even got Carbuncle for free! :-P

Zeromus_X
10-06-2005, 09:52 PM
:eek: so your party was stone in the main menu? thats freaky!

oh, those are the gargoyle thingies you fight before edea...i hated those... :mad: :D

ShadowHeart
10-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Another FFVII glitch.. in the Northern Crater, you can duplicate items (I'm NOT talking about the W-Item trick, I'm talking about getting more than one of things like the Mystile amor).

In the Northern Crater, there are 2 points on the way down where your party can split. A character sent down a specific route will always find the same item (that s/he gives to you when you're at the bottom), regardless if you go there yourself and collect that very same item. If you know exactly what items each character will pick up on each route, you can plan exactly what items you get duplicates of. There is a FAQ/Walkthrough at GameFAQs that explain this in more details, but I can't remember which one it is.

Mystile is arguably the best armor in the game, and you can normally only get 2 in the game in total, one from Proud Clod in Midgar and one from a treasure chest in the Northern Crater. But if you send the right character down the right path, you'll get an extra Mystile in the crater (presuming you manually collect the Mystile). You can get duplicates of other valuable items in the crater too ;)

Zeromus_X
10-07-2005, 01:54 AM
i read something like that...i dont think it would be a glitch though...i guess it all depends on what you define a glitch as...meh. yeah, but mystile saved my behind from rubys ultima counter attack, as well as aire tam. (no kidding.) i was like, no wheres phoenix?!!l lol. it was kinda funny.

ShadowHeart
10-07-2005, 05:17 AM
Well I consider it a glitch, as I'm not sure that's what they intended. They probably thought the player would take one path down and then go straight for Sephiroth without backtracking the other paths :) And it wouldn't be too difficult to make the other party members' collected treasure disappear I think.. I think they just forgot about it.

And as for bad glitches in FFVII.. if you place your Save Crystal in the room with the pillar where your party splits for the first time, there is a probability (apparently a high probability!) that your game gets messed up and you cannot leave the crater, no matter what.

There's also a bug/glitch that when you start a new game, you may be prevented from learning some or all of the level 4 limit breaks (even if you meet all the requirements and have the limit manual) later in the game. It's impossible to do anything about it, and it's impossible to know if your game has it until you actually try learning any level 4 limits. It's never happened to me luckily :)

And yet another bug/glitch for FFVII. The Magic Defense stat on armors is useless, it does not add to your magic defense. The only thing that counts for Magic Defense in FFVII is the Spirit stat. In other words, think of it like every armor in the game has 0 Magic Defense, regardless of what it says in-game when you point at it. Magic Defense % still works though of course.

And I've moved this thread to the general FF discussion area.. as it's not only for FFI-FFIV :)

Max the Man
10-07-2005, 02:14 PM
yes, I was all stone... luckily I had like, 40 softs. I don't know why though.

Zeromus_X
10-07-2005, 03:35 PM
very interesting...im glad i put my save crystal in the magic jar room :D

Totorosama
10-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all the info! Now I know...hehehehehee[evil laugh]

Rorschach
10-12-2005, 07:58 PM
I love glitches...

Zeromus_X
10-12-2005, 08:06 PM
i also forgot to put this:

in ff6, cast vanish on an enemy. when theyre vanished, their magic evade%(i think thats the stat) is 0, so you can cast doom or x zone and it will kill them :D even works on some bosses! (do NOT use on death gaze, or you wont get bahamut. other than him, i dont think it will have you miss out on any rewards)

just a minor update :p

richboywonder
07-22-2006, 04:31 AM
well i don't do glitches i prefer cheat codes.

Seyluv
07-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Whoa I never knew you could do that, but I would never do that.

richboywonder
08-16-2006, 12:31 AM
ff2: the infamous "attack cancel" bug. great job, nasir. :p

ff4: weapon cloning. go in a battle. now go to a blank spot in your inventory, and switch that spot with an item in the characters r or l hand. run away. now, equip that character with the item. but, when equipped, it has a "2" next to it. un equip it. now equip it again. they will be split! :D great for getting multiple excaliburs.

ff6: relms sketch bug.: not in the ps version. just sketch a monster. if it fails, the game goes all glitchy! (due to an "uninitialized pointer", whatever that is) it either erases the game, or gives you hundreds of rare items! (or 1000s of dirks...)i got a ton of ultima weapons once!!it was awesome!! still, it can mess up your game...thats why most people dont use relm...but i love relm! because i love art!!

ff7:w item!! use the first item. now use a second item, and when its targetting, cancel. now, youll have one more of the first item!!do it 99 times for best results! :D

meh, thats all i can think of for now..if theres any others, please post em'.

nyao...
um,the ff4 glitch isn't working.is it because i'm playing it on gameboy advance.i never saw a 2 next to anything :o

ThroneofDravaris
08-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Everyone has forgotten the best glitch of all: The Basic Equipment> Onion Equipment glitch.

Zeromus_X
08-16-2006, 01:23 AM
I still need to try that one out...I'm certainly not doing any save-state crap to get it 'legally'.

richboywonder, that trick has been removed from the Gameboy Advance version. Sorry. :o

ThroneofDravaris
08-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Technically, save state manipulation isn't a legitimate way of getting Onion Equipment anyway.

Zeromus_X
08-16-2006, 01:58 AM
That's true, but I don't imagine most people who actually have enough free time to even try getting it other than that trick wouldn't use save states to get it...

But then again, you never know.

dappa
09-18-2006, 10:30 AM
I use the cancel glitch to level up my magic on ff2 on psone but has anyone noticed after the part of the game when you defeat the emperor in the cyclone, your party and all enemies after this event till the end of the game have a higher resistance to special attacks/status altering attacks.

I levelled the banish spell to lv16 pretty early in the game, you could banish most boss monsters with it and remove an enemy party quite quickly with this method.

But after the battle with the emperor's party in the cyclone only one or two enemies would bite the dust in every monster party.

dappa
09-29-2006, 05:44 AM
Sometimes on ff7 there is a possibility that when you defeat ruby weapon the monster will die but the victory music and pose will not kick in, the battle carries on with nothing to fight. Happened to me once.