PDA

View Full Version : lulus ultimate weapon?

Zeromus_X
10-07-2005, 02:01 AM
ive heard lulus ultimate weapon(celestial weapon, whatever) is an onion kid doll! is this true? (something about thunderbolts :confused: ) keep in mind, ive never played X, dont have a ps2, if i did, i would pillage the gamestop looking for this game.. :D just sos ya know, onion kids are the ultimate job! just kidding...sorta. theyre your starting class in ff3, and if you collect the super rare onion equipment, the game loses all challenge.(kinda like that orlandu guy..) anyway, just thought that was neat, as they would put a probably forgotten thing in a modern ff game. ...onion kids rock!! :p

ive also heard she has a kitten sith doll, a cactuar doll, and other awesome doll weapons!! shell probably be my favorite character!! (just from looking at a distance what the game is like however)

just thought id get this off my mind...

ShadowHeart
10-07-2005, 05:09 AM
Haha yeah, Lulu has some pretty funny weapons. And when she attacks physically, she bows down, places her doll on the ground, and the doll struts over to the enemy and headbutts (well it looks like it) the target!

Mong00se
10-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Lulu's Celestial Weapon - Onion Knight
To obtain: Go back to Baaj Temple after unlocking it with co-ordinates, and fight the boss Geosegno (about 33,000 HP). Then, dive into the ruins, and find it in the main screen. This is a hidden weapon.

Lulu's Venus Crest - In the farplane gate during your second visit. You don't have to have completed the story to get it.

Lulu's Venus Sigil - Dodge 200 consecutive lightning bolts in the thunder plains, and it will appear in the chest beside Rin's travel agency. Note: You cannot exit the screen or save between doing this. It has to be ALL AT ONE POINT, hence consecutive.

Abilities: [Break Damage Limit], [Triple Overdrive], [Magic Booster], [One MP Cost]

enjoy

Max the Man
10-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Haha yeah, Lulu has some pretty funny weapons. And when she attacks physically, she bows down, places her doll on the ground, and the doll struts over to the enemy and headbutts (well it looks like it) the target!
they do a back flip, and do a kick. I think that Onion Kid does a sword uppercut though. It is one of the 4 Celestial Weapons I do have completed (I have all of them) as for the ones I have completed, I have Nirvana, Masamune, Godhand, and Onion Kid. I am trying to finish Spirit lance, and then I'll work on World Champion next. I'm saving Ultima Weapon for last (or Caladbolg if you're blatantly American, even though I am too... I'm always last... don't make fun of me because of my problems)

Dayne
10-21-2005, 11:18 PM
Onions r kool :D

Mong00se
10-29-2005, 06:12 PM
I have most of the weapons completed.

Godhand
Caladbolg
Nirvana
Spirit Lance
Masamune

I hate Blitzball as it's too time consuming, so that turned me off playing Wakka, and I don't have the patience to dodge 200 lightning bolts, so I don't have Lu's

Gumdrop
11-13-2005, 10:36 AM
I have most of the weapons completed.

Godhand
Caladbolg
Nirvana
Spirit Lance
Masamune

I hate Blitzball as it's too time consuming, so that turned me off playing Wakka, and I don't have the patience to dodge 200 lightning bolts, so I don't have Lu's

*shows off* I got them all :P
Well..I do have them all but I got a friend to do the dodge the lightening game becuse I'm totaly hopless at it, he-he :)

ShadowHeart
11-14-2005, 07:40 AM
The lightning dodging wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It sure didn't feel like it took 200 :p

Gumdrop
11-14-2005, 07:46 AM
It was bad for me, I think my record was as low as 40 something, i'd always get zapped well before 200 :(
Normaly i'm good at timeing stuff but I found that hard..and the skipping game in FF9, i just can't do that kinda thing in FF games i guess, heh.

ShadowHeart
11-14-2005, 07:50 AM
Well I sucked horribly at that rope skipping in FF9. I'm not sure I even got passed 10 jumps... lol. Then the lightning dodging was a lot easier.. for me at least.

Gumdrop
11-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Lucky =P maybe i'll practice that. I think my record for skpping was just over 100, far off 1000 :/

Phoenix Flame
12-02-2005, 11:23 PM
You two... The jumprope game I completely sucked @ at first, then the second half hour I got to like 393. It's all in the fingers baby!
The lightning dodging wasn't difficult... what was difficult was dodging the seizures as a result from the screen flashing 300 times!!! I feel really bad for those who are epilleptic. :( They don't get to enjoy things like pressing one botton excessively over, and over...and over...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... ... zzzzzzzzzzap!!!!

Edit:
Sorry, the best weapons are the celestials - I had previously thought they were the one's you customize - but I didn't realize that they don't have the <Ignore Defense> auto-ability when your Hp and Mp are high (depends on whether your character is a physical attacker - such as Auron, Rikku, Wakka, and Tidus; or a magic user - such as Kimahri, Yuna, or Lulu)
Anyway, Celestials are the way to go - and If you only get two or three, that's really all you need!

baralai
03-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Yea true

Lokzor
04-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Trying to dodge 200 bolts is enough to make you go insane. This is why my Lulu had the Fatal Cait Sith through most of the game :p

Sephiroth v.2
05-01-2006, 11:31 AM
are it not imposible to dodge 200!!! i cant even dodge 1!

Max the Man
08-01-2006, 05:00 PM
GOT CALADBOLG COMPLETED! and it only took me 14 tries on the chocobo race mini-game. Now all I need are the Jupiter Sigil and the Saturn Sigil and I've got all the Celestial Weapons.

Hydra
08-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Awesome! :D

It took me one try using the PAL version. I love the one minute glitch. :D US version is a lot harder. That, Lulu's, and Kimharis are the hardest. In my opinion, of course. :P

Max the Man
08-01-2006, 06:24 PM
I thought lulu's was easy. It just took so long >.<

Spec Highwind
08-01-2006, 06:58 PM
We need to avoid 200 thuderbolts in order to receive Lulu's sigil, right?

I evaded 300 :D Didn't know how many I needed to avoid... :D :D :D

Max the Man
08-01-2006, 08:22 PM
yup. dodge 200, recieve a sigil.

Phoenix Flame
08-01-2006, 08:23 PM
I doubt it...but did you get anything above and beyond the sigil?

Zeromus_X
08-01-2006, 10:56 PM
No, I'm sure that's the final prize.

Good job. It took me around 15 tries on the US version. I didn't know it was harder in that version. You just need to get at least 13 balloons and only get hit up to 2 times to win.

Hydra
08-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Also hated the butterfly minigame for the Spirit Lance. Was it the Spirit Lance? o.0

Da Chink
08-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Yes it was the spirit lance and i didnt find that one very hard what so ever...i thought the Chocobo racing was the hardest US version

Max the Man
08-02-2006, 03:40 PM
I got 16 balloons and only got hit once. And I had a time of 35 seconds.

Zeromus_X
08-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Well, if you took too long finishing, it can't be helped. The best way to go is to get all the balloons on that first ledge by getting in front of the Chocobo Trainer. Let her get the first balloon, then go to the right and get in front of her. And although I can't verify this, I've heard that holding all the shoulder buttons down helps, but I can swear that was for the FFVII Chocobo races.

Phoenix Flame
08-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Definitely for FFVII - I tried everything my first few tries (when I first played through.) From now on, I don't even attempt it unless I've had a cup of cocoa and a massage first J/K
:D
Nimble fingers, quick thinking and a lot of patience will get the sigil.

Now if only I could pay someone 100,000 gil to dodge those damned lightning bolts for me. :)

Phoenix Flame
09-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Ok, I HAD to write this (and I'll probably spam a little by posting it in two or three other spots because of importance.) I found an 'EASY' way to dodge lightning!
In the second main area, (after the travel agency) right when you start out - walk northwest until you come to the lake in this area. Where I stood was the corner of the lake (where you could either walk up-left diagonally on the d-pad to go towards the west side of the plains, or right/up-right on the d-pad to go towards the east and north ends of the plain respectively.) Lightning here dodges as follows: first bolt in about 8-10 seconds, followed by a 2-3 second interval 2nd bolt. It may sound a little odd at first, but once you get the timing down it is SO easy! I dodged, waited a few seconds and dodged again; ran back to the edge of the lake again and waited a few more seconds and repeated. Doing this, I was able to dodge 230 bolts in a little over 45 minutes (I think, I didn't time myself - but will next time) all this while STILL FIGHTING! I was able to capture all the fiends in the calm lands AND get the sigil very easily.
Secondly - I wanted to note this because in addition to the sigil, you also get a) 2x MP sphere for dodging 20, b) 3x Str. sphere for 50, c) 3x Hp sphere for dodging 100, and d) 4x Megalixer for 150. I'm currently working on a Tidus-only challenge, and those Str. spheres and Hp spheres will come in handy - especially early on in the game! Best of luck (you won't need it!)