neokiller
12-04-2005, 01:26 PM
well i forgot it was not on ultimecia but on her gf is it normal

neokiller
12-04-2005, 03:50 PM
And can u tell me how to GAIN ACESS TO ALL MY POWERS IN THE PALACE OF ULTIMECIA

wimsi
12-06-2005, 05:12 PM
there are some special monsters in the palace, you have to fight them to get all your abilitys... tell me which ones you allready have and i can tell you which ones are missing, where you can find them and how to beat them.

neokiller
12-07-2005, 06:15 AM
I Got Agamenon, The Big Monster[forgot His Name]with A Knife,the First One,the One Under The Trap I Think That's All

wimsi
12-07-2005, 04:17 PM
shit, there are different names for the english version - i played the german version you have to know.

ok, i'll try to give you a good explanation, including the abilitys you should set free (names in german):
1. sphinx: on the stairs; easy to beat, you allready have it - ability magic
2. triple-klinge: in the whine-cellar; change the elements by every attack - ability g.f.; here you could draw siren
3. dormen: in the room with the paintings; look at every painting in the room (don't forget the ones up the stairs) and name the big painting as follows: "vividarium intervigilium viator" - this boss is almost immune to physical attacks, so you should do some summons and magic spells - ability draw; here you could draw leviathan
4. wolframator: in the cellar-prison; you have it allready; ability: item; here you could draw pandemonia
5. cocotus: put your 2nd team on the team point in the room with the trap-door to the whine-cellar; start with your 1st team in the hall, walk through the door at the top of the stairs and over the lights and through the door behind; this boss is a little bit stronger... but not too bad; ability: item; here you could draw carbuncle
6. gargantur: in the weapon-room in the cellar (right door); you need the key from the bridge on the tower; WALK over the bridge and it won't fall down! take it, open the right door in the cellar; gargantur makes a bad konter if you try physical attacks, so use your magic!; ability: save; here you could draw cerberus
7. take your 2nd team to the elevators and pot it on the teampoint in the left elevator; now take your 2st team, step into the right elevator, change to your 2nd team to enter the room on the left side; there is the floodgate-key. take it, step into the elevator and change to your first team again; take your first team to the cellar, check the lever, use the key to activate it. go to the fountain and take the key for the treasure-room. you find the treasure-room when you walk south from the elevators, the door is hidden on the left side; step inside and handle the treasure-chests as follows: close nr. 1 (left), close nr. 4 (right), close nr. 2, open nr. 3; this boss has lightning as element, but its not too hard to beat; ability: command; here you could draw alexander
8. tiamat: easy: walk up the stairs in the tower, jump on the pendulum, walk outside; be careful, he uses strong attacks! ability: special-attack; here you could draw eden

ready!
but i can tell you that i'm using my limits a lot, so the 2nd ability i need is special-attack (after magic), just try what's the best way for you

neokiller
12-08-2005, 12:46 PM
i cant find the last one do i complete the stairs and go out from the door or what

wimsi
12-08-2005, 04:54 PM
no, just allmost on the top of the stairs, where they are broken, there is a pendulum.
you just jump on it to get on the other side. there you go out an the monster is flying there.

neokiller
12-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Ok I Will Try It

wimsi
12-11-2005, 03:50 PM
did you find it?

neokiller
12-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Ya N Thanks A Lot

gcarev10
12-18-2005, 10:50 AM
that is odd speace and time magic dont work on Edea because she have lot of demi and gravia magic so i dont know how Tydo do that , help?

Lyde Lyde
12-18-2005, 09:16 PM
It doesn't work on her because diablos move is like demi and demi doesn't work on bosses.

detae
12-20-2005, 02:31 PM
also demi is a unusual spell and Ultimecia has too much darn HP. Does anyone have any tips to beating that mean sorcceres?

Zeromus_X
12-20-2005, 09:01 PM
also demi is a unusual spell and Ultimecia has too much darn HP. Does anyone have any tips to beating that mean sorcceres?
well, there is a way (though it is rather cheap.)

first, kill off your people until you have squall , zell , and quistis in your party (my favorite party. also, dont forget to junction them properly.)

use cerberus, and doomtrain, then cast haste, regen, and aura on your characters. have quistis use blue magic, mighty guard (or big guard? whatever it is in ff8) to reduce damage.)

then , renzokuken and duel her to death. its very cheap, but you really cant lose, unless you mess up and she actually gets to use apocalypse. (btw, use meltdown on every form, so your attacks do alot more.) quistis can use gatling gun, homing laser, or better (if you somehow got it ) shockwave pulsar. dont forget to re-apply haste, aura, etc if it wears off.

and, on her final form, kill of the little thing that hangs off of her so she doesnt use apocalypse.

plus, if you have bahamut's card, you can mod it into 100 megalixirs.

this is also what i used on omega weapon...

(i didnt find this game too challenging...at least near the end of the game anyways.)

if you cant find those magics, go to the islands closest to heaven/hell. use enc-none, so you can just draw magic w/out having annoying lv100 monster attacks all the time. (theres a map in the "best place to level up" thread that shadow heart found. just in case you didnt know where to find those really really awesome islands.)

nyaon~~^^; =3! :p :D

Squall Lionheart
01-24-2006, 02:18 AM
for the Sorceress..all you need will be Treatment ability So U cast any Limit Break you like after her notorious Maelstrom...and also Recover Ability....that is the way for the first battle..

dappa
11-26-2006, 07:39 PM
I heard there is a really ultra rare item called 'sorceress doom' which can kill ultimecia in one hit. I cant remember though which final fantasy tip site I read it on though.

Squall Lionheart
11-26-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't think that's true...

dappa
11-27-2006, 09:11 AM
I don't think that's true...

Yeah you could be possibly right. Some of the stuff I have seen on game faqs has been utter garbage.

John Smith
11-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Diablos' ability takes 3/4s of health from the enemy you hit. I don't think that it would be balanced if you could do that to a boss monster ;)

ThroneofDravaris
11-27-2006, 11:15 AM
No matter what enemy you use it again, the damage is capped at 9999. So it wouldn't really be that unbalanced to allow players to use Diablos against bosses when you consider that you can do several times that amount of damage with a single Limit Break.

John Smith
11-27-2006, 11:27 AM
But to use a Limit Break you need to have either critical HP or use Aura, so it's more riscky. Plus, you need to have some rare items to forge the Lionheart (Adamantine x2)

ThroneofDravaris
11-27-2006, 11:44 AM
It's not risky if you only put one character on critical, and Aura is pretty easy to come by at the end of the game.

Plus you don't need the Lionheart in the slightest to cause more than 9999 damage. Decent strength will see Renzokuken hitting for 4000+ damager per hit.

Cloud101
11-27-2006, 11:59 AM
The easiest way to beat a boss,( or any body at that), is to keep Squall's health yellow, that way you can do a limit break every turn, this is also a good way to survive on "The Island Closest to Heaven".I know it sounds fishy, but it works, besides, it's fun to use the Lion Heart over, and over, and over!

Squall Lionheart
11-27-2006, 01:37 PM
keep Squall's health yellow, that way you can do a limit break every turn!

You ok?

That's just boring and annoying...Nearly as stupid as the Kamikaze Revive way...
There are too many ways to defeat monsters and bosses other than a single boring constant pattern...

As for GF Diablos...with enough experience will damage the enemy's full HP if it's below the maximum damage...If not then Diablos will cause maximum damage at every summon until the enemy is defeated...

Cloud101
11-27-2006, 05:56 PM
*sniff* it's not booring *sniff*:(

John Smith
11-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Yes it is. It's as boring as using Quistis' Degenerator. That's more efficient :D If Degenerator doesn't work, you can always use Lv ? Death (Useful for monster packs)

Cloud101
11-28-2006, 11:48 AM
You could use shock wave if you have it(It's her strongest LB!)

dappa
11-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Yes it is. It's as boring as using Quistis' Degenerator. That's more efficient :D If Degenerator doesn't work, you can always use Lv ? Death (Useful for monster packs)

I like to use degenerator on the malboros in grandidi forest. I mainly use this method to power level up late in the game with stat boosting gf's. But I dont just go about just dishing out limit breaks to all enemies as the game will lost most of its challenge.

Cloud101
11-29-2006, 11:43 AM
The Shockwave thing does,(if you are strong enough), 30,000 damage, no kidding!!!!

dappa
11-29-2006, 02:51 PM
The Shockwave thing does,(if you are strong enough), 30,000 damage, no kidding!!!!

I got a similar ammount of damage when I used it on a cockatrice once.

John Smith
11-29-2006, 04:47 PM
:O IT BREAKS THE DAMAGE LIMIT!!! :|

How can you get enough items to get the item for Shockwave Pulsar? (I forgot the name of the ingredients ^_^'')

ThroneofDravaris
11-29-2006, 08:58 PM
The Dark Matter that you use to teach Quistis Shockwave Pulsar refines from 100 Cursed Spikes via Siren's Life Refine when she's at level 100 iirc.

John Smith
11-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Where can I get my hands on some Curse Spikes? :D

Squall Lionheart
11-30-2006, 09:10 AM
You can recieve it from many monsters depending on their level for example Grand Mantis, Malboro, Tri-Face, Imp etc...

You can also refine them from Tri-Face's Card...

dappa
11-30-2006, 06:16 PM
I got the curse spikes from those skeletons in grandidi forest. Thats where i go early in the game to get them. Those skeletons appear all over the world but seem to appear quite regularly in this particular forest.

They can show up quite often in the mountain areas of esthar too.

John Smith
11-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Skelletons? :O What skelletons? :|

Squall Lionheart
11-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I already said that these aren't the only monsters...
The name is Forbidden...you can find them in Centra Ruins and many other places...

dappa
12-01-2006, 05:55 AM
If you are gonna fight a high level level forbidden,be careful though, its atb gauge starts filling up faster when its hp is low and it starts dishinng out 'lai strikes' (instant death, remember steiners attack in ff9).

Dont mug them either cause they wont drop the curse spike.

John Smith
12-01-2006, 11:03 AM
The name is Forbidden...you can find them in Centra Ruins and many other places...

Oh, those skelletons :D They're hardcore *hides in corner*