PDA

View Full Version : What Anime series do you watch?

~Hidan~
02-06-2005, 04:13 AM
I am Currently Watching,
King of Jing,
Naruto,
Ghost in the Shell,
Samurai Shamploo,
Last Exile,
Yuyu Hakusho.

I'm kinda a sucker for anime. :D

Mong00se
02-17-2005, 12:13 AM
We don't get any good animes in Canada. I recently took a trip to the states, and all I watched was anime. I watched Ghost in a Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, and something else. I think there was a show called Ravemaster that I saw once or twice, but I can't remember if it was good or not.

My most memorable moment of my trip... the show... Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!!!

Gumdrop
02-17-2005, 04:00 PM
I often watch Excel Saga and Hellsing

Spiff
02-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Ghost in the Shell
Full Metal Alchemist

Glare
08-04-2005, 04:04 AM
Samuri champloo
Ghost in the Shell
King of jing
Lupin the 3rd
Yu-Yu Hakusho

Zeromus_X
08-11-2005, 12:06 AM
um...
Furi Kuri
Paranoia Agent
Cowboy Bepop
Samurai Champloo
Scryed

...for now anyway

XethoR
08-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Naruto

Arkacia
08-18-2005, 04:31 AM
I'm risking being laughted at here, but don't care. I really enjoyed the Digimon series. Well the first two series anyway. The third wasn't as good.

Have also seen Evangelion, it was confusing but interesting. The anime movie Spirited away was very well done too.

Spiff
08-18-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm risking being laughted at here, but don't care. I really enjoyed the Digimon series.

http://www.thelionsfanatics.com/tlfforum/html/emoticons/urock.gif

Luis
08-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Ok, I've watched so much anime...I'll tell you the series I liked the most:
-Ranma 1/2 I still watch it, as it's on TV here in Spain every afternoon (the daylight starts switching off aproximatly at 9:00pm in summer in Spain, so I'll consider 7:30pm is afternoon)
-Cowboy Beebop (such a nice series, the final chapter was amazing)
-InuYasha I liked this series a lot. I think this animation was really well drawn.
-Dr. Slump
-Dragon Ball The best anime ever done
The best anime cartoon are Dragon Ball, and the one who opposes me will become my enemy! :p Dragon Ball was the first anime I watched, at the age of 6, and it impressed me so much I kept watching it 'till the series finished.
I could go on telling you about lots of anime series I've seen too. For example: Doraemon, Muscleman or Mazinger Z when I was a kid, and Yu-Yu Hakusho, Sakura the Card Captor, or Utena are some I've seen recently.
Although there're many I've watched too, but I can't remember their names.
As you see, I'm a great Otaku!! :p XDDD

Luis
08-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Searching around the web(this post caused me the curiosity to remember...)I've found several series I used to watch and I couldn't remember! So, I've also seen Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon( I was a child,hehe), Shin-Chan, Fly or Detective Conan are some I used to see too. I think Anime is not televised as much as I'm telling you all around Spain , but in my region it is. :p

Luis
09-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Anyone else likes anime?

Zeromus_X
09-01-2005, 08:07 PM
wow...thas alot of favorites! :) its cool that they dont change the names of animes in other countries like they do in US...(like "detective conan->cased closed" WTF?! :mad: )ive always thought that the original names are best..i also sometimes prefer watching animes in japanese, in subtitles. because japanese seiyuu rock! (just for anyones knowledge, seiyuu= voice actor :) ) but there are so many good anime, that i probably couldnt list them all... oh, um luis, the dragonball youre refering to is the original dragonball, right? yeah, i like that one better...in both the manga and the anime.

(oh, and arkacia, i like digimon too! but i only like the first three series...the rest werent so good...)

Luis
09-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Well I've seen Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT, but probably the better were Dragon Ball chapters. Although battles weren't so amazing and well done, perhaps it was funny to see the young Goku with its mates. (Anyway, I liked the entire series)
Zerosmus, the translations also arrive here. I knew the series Kinnikuman as Muscleman, as I said in the earlier post. It also happens in games, as I said in other topic. Names of some characters in Final Fantasy are translated in the Spanish series(in this case, I think translation is better done) I liked more the Spanish name for Zidane of Final Fantasy IX (it was called Yitan), as when I read Zidane I think of the football player. And I didn't like the original name of the sorceress Ultimecia. I find this name a bit shabby. It was called Artemisa in the Spanish game. But I do understand you Zerosmus, translations tend to be really bad, or not as well as the original ones. I agree with you (except for this cases I told you).
I recommend you to see some of the anime series I said before. If you have the chance, let me know :)

I forgot to say something. Sorry about my English, but sometimes I'm talking to people while I write the posts, so my mind is half here, half with the other person. I say this cuz I've seen some mistakes in the post before :p

Zeromus_X
10-09-2005, 02:08 AM
actually...the spanish names do sound a bit better. huh... :)

Xartex
10-09-2005, 07:50 AM
I watch these series
Naruto
Bleach
Initial D

Can't be bothered writing all the series i've watched, soo many, but I really liked
Full Metal Panic
Gundam Seed
Dragon Drive
Love Hina

~Hidan~
10-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Naruto
Godannar and a few others, I've got a litle over 100 series in my collection so I'm not going to name them all. ^_^

Luis
10-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Well, I didn't say all those I see (or used to see) either, I just told you about some of them, in case you want to see some of those I said :p

Mong00se
10-15-2005, 10:59 PM
What counts as anime? I watch Saturday Morning Cartoons!! Do those count? I watched pokemon this morning (and I must say the episodes are getting much more intense) and some Ninja Turtles, some Sonic, some G. I. Joe, and some Teen Titans. Which of those count as anime?

Luis
10-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Well...eh, perhaps Pokemon could be, couldn't it? But I don't think Sonic is anime, and Ninja Turtles aren't either. Am I right?

Zeromus_X
11-19-2005, 02:00 AM
*drool* yu yu hakushos probably my favorite anime now. (death note being my favorite manga.)

the theme songs are cool, and ive almost downloaded them all. (i have dial up, so downloading large files is absolutely out-of-the-question. so i guess no bleach episodes...sigh...)

Barret05
12-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Watchin beyblade g-revolution at da mo

Avathar
12-10-2005, 06:26 PM
I think Sonic is a manga. Ninja Turtles.... i don't think so.

Let's see, i've also got many favorites, i'll just watch at what i've got here with me:

Samurai X
Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT
Ghost in the Shell
AKira
Appleseed
Cowboy Bebop
Porco Rosso
Van Helsing
Final Fantasy
Blood the Last Vampire
Yu-Gi-Oh
Chobits
Steam Boy
Spirited Away
....and many more :D

Luis
12-12-2005, 10:44 AM
I found out not long ago that there're several Sonic series. There's one we could say it is manga. The one I said previously in this thread, is not manga. I must say the Sonic series I refered to are bit old, I mean, I used to see this 8 or 9 years ago.
Just wanted to inform you. :)

Avathar
12-15-2005, 08:56 AM
i used to saw two series of Sonic:

One was definetly a manga. an anime that was more for kids (showed in the morning on TF1, French Channel :D ).

But the other one was more modern drawn, more seriously (not manga, but an American cartoon drawn after the original cartoon)

(other manga: :D )
Gundam Wing
Howl's Moving Castle

WupoP_FF
12-24-2005, 02:56 AM
in my memory,I remember that comic and anime from Asia are good.I'm always watching and seeing them by my old books and not lucky TV.....Maybe there are many wonderful arts we had passed,and it's difficult to find them online.but don't worry about it.I believe what anime will be like in the future is difficult to predict,current trends indicate that anime's appearance is more important than content.......good or bad ? only god knows....

Squall Lionheart
01-30-2006, 02:04 AM
looks like this has alot of fans....count me out.1

Avathar
02-19-2006, 04:00 PM
:rolleyes: Kinda odd: a final fantasy fan, but not a manga fan :)

.infinite
05-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Hmm lets see, Full Metal, Bebop, Champloo, Naruto, Berserk, Project Arms (currently watching this one)
These are all subbed, I don't go for that voice dubbing crap. They always mutilate it.

Zeromus_X
05-02-2006, 02:02 AM
Oh, I'd say that they're getting better at dubbing. I'd say finding the proper voice to match a character is the main problem, but they take dubbing more seriously then they did before. (Still, there really aren't many dubbed anime that can match up to their Japanese counterparts.)

And still, subs are the way to go. :p

~Hidan~
05-31-2006, 04:15 AM
Bleach has just cought me by the eye socket and drawn me into its world. Never have I been so drawnto one series in my life. I watched 60 episodes in two days........ its too good. almost rivals Naruto. God am I hooked, where is the damn needle.

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 04:20 AM
Bleach reminds me of YYH, which is a good thing. I haven't gotten very far in it though; only to like book nine of the manga. (I haven't watched/read many anime/manga in some time now. None of them have caught my attention, I suppose. )

Triton
06-04-2006, 01:07 AM
I am currently watching Naruto,Bleach, School Rumble, Tsubasa Chronicles, Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig, and well it's not an anime but an American anime styled cartoon, Avatar The Last Airbender.

simi87
06-04-2006, 02:29 AM
my favourite series are:
-Saint Seya
-Captain Tsubasa
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Full Metal Alchemist
-Full Metal Panic
-InuYasha
-Last Exile
-YuYu Hakusho
-Sayuki
-Aquarion
-Ultimate Muscle (it's so stupid)
and last the best: SLAM DUNK

Avathar
06-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Now watching:

Azumanga Daioh!!! :) :D

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/buccobucco/avatar62457_1.gif (http://anime.peekvid.com/s799/)

Hydra
06-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Hah. XD Just watching a volume of Tenchi Muyo on DVD at the moment.

darkshadow2247
06-04-2006, 01:59 PM
i like trigun, GitS, Naruto, and Full Metal Alchemist

Hydra
06-04-2006, 04:23 PM
I like Trigun, but I'm rarely up to see it, thanks to my schedule. O.o Oh well. I'll stay up. Gotta see GitS today. Haven't seen it in a while.

Avathar
06-04-2006, 07:21 PM
I love Ghost in the Shell. <3 I've got all the comics, and i've seen the first animé lots of times. The second GitS film's storyline is a bit vague, though. =/

Hydra
06-04-2006, 10:42 PM
I used to love Inuyasha. =/ Now I think it's alright. :D I love GitS and Minoriteam now. I dunno why, Minoriteam is so freaking cool. And I might've spelled it wrong. o.0

darkshadow2247
06-05-2006, 12:32 AM
lol would you consider Minoriteam anime? in that case, i do too. i don't really like inuyasha. it's like DBZ for chumps

simi87
06-05-2006, 02:20 AM
i forget one: GTO-Great Teacher Onizuka

Hydra
06-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Inuyasha is a DBZ for girls.

Oh, and The Chuck Norris Anime>The World.

darkshadow2247
06-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Inuyasha is a DBZ for girls.
someone reads VG Cats

Hydra
06-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Heh, that too. I need to read some...haven't read any comics in a while. :D

Oh, The Oblongs. I've seen that a few times. It's wrong in all the right ways.

Avathar
06-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Oh, and The Chuck Norris Anime>The World.

:D I only 've seen the intro of that anime, and it looks so hilarious. xD

darkshadow2247
06-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandoes?

Hydra
06-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandoes?
You know it. Chuck Norris is a god already. Lord knows how much power his anime counterpart has. :D

Phoenix Flame
06-05-2006, 02:34 PM
I know the series was a little juvinile - but I kinda liked Final Fantasy Unlimited. It was all right. It DID remind me of the video game(s) because of the incessant summoning :p

Hydra
06-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Heh, I loved FFU for some reason.

Avathar
06-05-2006, 03:43 PM
I loved it, 'cause it reminded me of FFV and FFIII. :o

Hydra
06-05-2006, 06:34 PM
lol, I've got Phase 1 and 2 DVD's. :D I need to go watch them sometime again. -_-

Edit:Found my phase 3,4, and 6 DVD's. Dunno where 5 is.

Luis
06-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Wait wait wait...I've been offline for some time, but I gotta answer something: Inuyasha a DBZ for girls??? Not even in dreams. Inuyasha rocks, and the thing is that it's a 'new' anime series. Did you know that DB was started twenty years ago?? I mean, they're just different. And Inuyasha has some of the coolest battles I have seen for a long time (DBZ are better for sure XD lol ), and in my point of view characters are very well drawn as well.
That's all I have to say right now :D :D

Hydra
06-05-2006, 07:01 PM
O.o Take that up with the VGC dudes. xD All I know is, the majority of girls that watch it>The majority of boys. So, meh. I'll say the same. :D I still watch it. Just not too recently.

Triton
06-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Who cares if an anime series turns out to be watched more by girls than guys. If it is good than that's all that matters. Also, I can see why more girls would watch those to animes. They are kinda like soap operas on some level. Well, at least that is what a friend of mine said when she first saw the series. Also, it is kinda easy to pick up in the middle of those animes and get a sense of what is going on. It requires less viewer participation and less need for understanding of plot etc.

Hydra
06-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Who cares if an anime series turns out to be watched more by girls than guys. If it is good than that's all that matters. Also, I can see why more girls would watch those to animes. They are kinda like soap operas on some level. Well, at least that is what a friend of mine said when she first saw the series. Also, it is kinda easy to pick up in the middle of those animes and get a sense of what is going on. It requires less viewer participation and less need for understanding of plot etc.
True. But still, the majority of the viewer participation would be girls, considering the anime, and what's in it. Sure, it has a lot of dude only moments. Still, it's basically MADE for girls, with guy things, balancing it out for both. Main character for girls, and pond scene with Kagome for example. :D Anyway, that's my little opinion. So, don't take it too seriously. I just think the overall anime is for girls, because of some of the content in it. The love story(s), the fighting, the manly main character. It mostly fits in.

Avathar
06-06-2006, 05:22 AM
I love watching Chobits, although it's obviously an animé for girls, does it make it forbidden for guys to watch? :p No. I enjoyed it, it had a decent story, and very fun moments. ^^

Luis
06-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Do you support your opinion with some data? I mean, that it's seen by girls more than by boys... 'cause here in Spain lots of boys watch it...does it mean it is for boys then?
I don't think there's anime for boys and for girls. I find it stupid.

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 07:48 AM
I don't see why it matters anyway. People can watch what they want.

And I'm sure an equal amount of boys and girls enjoy Inuyasha anyway. (Even though Takahashi is known more for shoujo manga.)

Inuyasha was okay, but unfortunately, it suffers from the same things as Dragonball. (They can be compared quite nicely.)

Start off: Yay! Okay story, funny characters, let's have more!

Later: Okay...it's been 50 episodes...the villain isn't dead yet...but still, it's okay. Nice theme song btw.

Even later: Hm...filler. :/

Even even later: Okay, now this is just getting repetitive.

Even even even later: How powerful can you get? Super Saiyan 3? Double powered-up Red Tetsusaiga? Jeez. :/

Even even even later: Please end. Please. You haven't even gotten all the shards yet, there can't possibly be that many left.

And so on, you get the idea. :p

Still, Miroku > All. And have you seen the kitty? Kilala? Such a cute kitty!=3

Luis
06-06-2006, 08:00 AM
You're probably right. However, I didn't get tired of watching it, though it had reached Supe Sayan level 10.
I haven't preferences, I like them all. Moreover, I found it brilliant the way the series started, I mean, with the battle of Inuyasha against his brother(which was his name??? I can't remember!!) I remember Miroku, Inuyasha, Shippo, Kagome, Sango, Kilala... which was his name?¿?¿?¿?

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 08:04 AM
I love the series too, but I also love nitpicking. xD

Sesshomaru, I belive. (And his annoying assistant...)

Hydra
06-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I think his name was Jaken, lol. Not too sure though. I watched an Inuyasha DVD that I rented from Blockbuster yesterday. I still like it. Not saying I don't. It's just I'm saying, girls are more appealed to it than boys. O.o It's a bit common with animes, but meh. Don't wanna start an arguement. :D

@Avathar:Chobits? :D Yeah!

Luis
06-06-2006, 06:38 PM
That's right!! Seshomaru!!
By the way, it's been a long time since I last watched anime...(what is 'nitpicking'?)
Picking 'nits'? XD
And can someone tell me how can I get that coloured border in my name? I want one toooooo XD XD

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Making fun of minor things just to be mean. ;)

Hydra
06-06-2006, 10:47 PM
That's right!! Seshomaru!!
By the way, it's been a long time since I last watched anime...(what is 'nitpicking'?)
Picking 'nits'? XD
And can someone tell me how can I get that coloured border in my name? I want one toooooo XD XD
You do voodoo. Obviously. Just click on 'FFNET Guild', by the top of the forum, and it should give you some options. Oh, and I watched FFU today. Gets better every time you watch it. :D

Luis
06-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Cool! Thanks guys! :D

Seyluv
06-13-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm risking being laughted at here, but don't care. I really enjoyed the Digimon series. Well the first two series anyway. The third wasn't as good.

Have also seen Evangelion, it was confusing but interesting. The anime movie Spirited away was very well done too.
I enjoyed Digimon, as well, but I like the third one the most.

Sephiroth v.2
06-14-2006, 08:33 AM
digimon s gooder then bad animes like yugioh anyway

Tiny Bronco
06-14-2006, 10:50 AM
^ "gooder" isn't a word. :p

Does anyone know if the movie Howl's Moving Castle is good? Its an Anime movie and I'm not sure if I want to watch it, but it is supposed to be good. :confused:

~Hidan~
06-14-2006, 06:36 PM
still waiting for the damn fillers for both bleach ad Naruto to stop. wish they hadnt stopped Gantz, and really wish they would start back up hellsing.

richboywonder
07-16-2006, 05:33 PM

i thought i was the only one who watches Evangelion.but it doesn't come on anymore.
i watch all adult swim shows except pee wee's playhouse.LOL pee wee's playhouse

blukazoo159
08-01-2006, 04:34 PM
i enjoy inuyasha and ghost in the shell.

blukazoo159
08-01-2006, 04:36 PM
i also like gun grave on g4

dcnnnghm
08-02-2006, 12:50 AM
my favorite is trigun

Luis
08-02-2006, 05:57 PM
I've learnt the transalation of one of the anime series I used to see as a child, and I'll probably rank it second or third (after Dragon Ball of course XD XD ) It's Dragon Quest, and Fly (that's the name by which all the people I know [inclding me :p ]remember it :D ) is the main character.

blukazoo159
08-08-2006, 02:03 PM
o ya, i like s-cry-ed, engravelion, trigun, dragon ball z, big O, 2nd gig (2nd seiries of ghost in the shell), cowboy beepbop(not spelled right), and any i didn't cover!! : )

Hydra
08-08-2006, 06:27 PM
lol, it's Evangelion. And yeah, it's pretty cool. It's confusing to new people who watch it though. Just got into S-cry-ed. And Adult Swim spoiled us. =D

FLCL for three straight hours Saturday. Then Cowboy Bebop for an hour. Then Trigun for two. Stayed up all night. :D

calgar
08-09-2006, 07:19 AM
full metal alchemist for me

blukazoo159
08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
i stayed up that night too!!!! , i like fullmetel too.

thane
08-18-2006, 08:18 AM
full metal alchemist

Rinoa_The-Angel_Chic
08-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Well, I really don't watch any that much.

Spirit
08-21-2006, 06:10 PM
fullmetal, naruto, cowboy beepbob, FLCL, and there are others i just don't remember

Slider
08-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Currently Naruto, kinda liked the graphics and colors!
(I'm trying to play that song as well!!!!!!!)

Hydra
08-24-2006, 01:53 AM
The more I watch it, the more I can't stay away from Spikes voice actor in Big O. That and the confusing story. =D

Zeromus_X
08-24-2006, 01:58 AM
I haven't watched any anime recently, but I did buy Volume Four of Death Note. I still need to get Volumes Five and Six.

Because it's only the best manga ever.

Hydra
08-24-2006, 02:02 AM
Never heard of it.

*gets a flame shield* o.o

Well, I'm leaving to go watch GitS 2nd GiG. ^-^

Zeromus_X
08-24-2006, 02:07 AM
That's alright, Hydra. :) But I highly recommend it. You won't regret it.

Gumdrop
10-07-2006, 10:18 AM
I watch a few but currently I'm watching Naruto and I'm up too episode 104 :D

Maester Seymour
10-08-2006, 01:15 AM
naruto, dbz,pokemon (lol) and One piece

Caras
10-08-2006, 01:47 AM
I watch naruto and one peice, but I dont like the english versions, they leave alot out. So I watch japanese with captions on youtube.

Maester Seymour
10-09-2006, 06:12 AM
why dose every one like Japanese versions?

Kat
10-09-2006, 09:55 AM
bcuz they are the best ;)
and i watch Naruto ^.^

Hydra
10-09-2006, 05:06 PM
English=Edits.

Kat
10-09-2006, 09:20 PM
hmm what can i say...ya gotta love Youtube :rolleyes:

Xartex
10-10-2006, 05:08 AM
Imo the voice acting is a lot better in the japanse versions. The english versions are just not as good and the japanese ones are usually a lot funnier as well :D

Sleazer
05-16-2007, 06:21 PM
I watch naruto

Luis
06-06-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm into Neon Genesis Evangelion lately! ^^
I've seen the opening theme of the series many times, since it was played as a trailer in the DBZ movies! =D And I bought something like 5 or 6 movies, so yeah... everytime I saw the Evangelion opening theme! XD

Yoko Kurama
06-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I want to watch .Hack://Roots.
The anime I like are:
.Hack://Sign
Yu Yu Hakusho
Naruto (I'd rather read the manga, because the anime is way ahead of Shonen Jump)
Blood + (I've missed many, many, many episodes, I need to get back into it.)
Ergo Proxy is soon to be airing on Fuse, which , by the way, is the best music channel ever.But I need to watch it as well.
Oh and I can't forget Digimon either. :D

Actually, I'm surprised that anyone put on here that they like Yu Yu Hakusho. Most people think that it's too long. (Even though it's not nearly as long as DBZ or Inuyasha.) Speaking of which, does anyone else like Inuyasha, but think it drug on forever? I love it, but there is a 10:1 ratio. 10 meaningless episodes for every 1 that is important. (Sorry Inu fans)

Kat
06-06-2007, 10:56 AM
i watch

-InuYasha (all time favorite)

-Naruto

and

-Full Metal Alchemist

=]

Sleazer
09-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Desert Punk
Naruto
Claymore
and i watch the anime movies i download

Hydra
09-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Azumanga Daioh(ended)
Death Note(ended)
Naruto
Bleach
Blood+
DNAngel
Inuyasha(ended)
R.O.D[Read Or Die]

Um, those are the current ones. I'm on Naruto episode 150. XD I'm doing them in that order. x_X It's gonna be a while, besides Inuyasha.

Sycorax
04-13-2008, 10:06 PM
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/DarkShame2 ( thats alll of it so far )

jedi geoff
04-18-2008, 10:45 PM
I love Avatar : The Last Airbender
does anyone else watch it?

kb-sama
04-20-2008, 09:17 PM
The Dragon Ball z is still king

Death note is 2nd

and Excel Saga is 3rd

froggboy604
05-27-2008, 11:15 PM
I mostly watch Death note and Naruto these days.