PDA

View Full Version : Drugs

Avathar
12-19-2005, 03:54 PM
I sure want to talk about this: what are your ideas about legalization? I say soft drugs like marihuana should be legalised, 'cause in my country the law is a bit undefined about that. Then it's like you can have so much gram on you when you're outside, and so much gram when at home, but the police may only check you when outside :confused: it's very confusing in Belgium.
Comments?:

Arkacia
12-25-2005, 09:51 PM
I agree that weed should be legal. After all its not that much different to alcohol in effect, and in fact I consider alcohol to be worse for abuse and the effects of that.

I play an online politics game where you create your own nation and run it any way you see fit. Weed is legal in my nation, but only in the privacy of a persons own home. I also RP that my citizens are allowed to grow and use their own, but not sell or traffic it.

Hard drugs are a different kettle of fish because of the severe health and social problems they cause, plus the fact abuse of hard drugs affects others uninvolved in it much, much more than weed, or even alcohol for that matter.

Only one state in Australia has legalised weed for private use, but there are limits on the amount that can be grown by one person/household and, like my nation above, its only legal in the home and selling is not allowed. Its still illegal in all other states but there are movements happening now to change that.

Avathar
12-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Well yes, soft drugs and alcohol are very similar. Only that most goverments judge faster that soft drugs have a quicker and worsened effect on people. Especially when those people are behind wheels.
And yes, hard drugs is definitely something else, in comparison.

I should check the exact law about soft drugs in my country......
....ah, here it is:

The use of cannabisproducts such as hasj and marihuana are no longer punishable in Belgium. Therefore the old druglaw from 1921 became adapted. But the political parties had different conclusions, so there came a compromis:

In the new law there is the differentiation of soft- and harddrugs. Users of harddrugs could still get persucated jurydicly, users of softdrugs not anymore. On the other hand there's also the differantiation between problematic and non-problematic use. What the exact difference is, remains unclear. It's also uncertain how much gram someone may have in posession. It's like, would 10 or 20 gram still be normal for personal use, or would you be speaking of trading then? Because the trade of softdrugs remains forbidden.

So you may use cannabis, but only if there's no social disbehaviour cause by the using. But because of this lack of precise rules, then everything becomes a question of interpretation for the police and the judges. There are only a couple of politics which are saying that driving under influence of drugs is forbidden. And if someone's addicted, he should be in rehabilitation.
Also, it's supported that the prosecuted users of harddrugs to keep them out of prison; they should also be sent to helpcenters.

This new druglaw is a total disaster, just because it's all about interpretation, and things that you "should" do. The rules don't have anything to say about how the druguser is actually getting his softdrugs. If trade is still illegal, then you couldn't buy it anywhere legally, in theory. So anyone that wants to smoke a joint, he should plant it's own "Belgian Weed". Or he could make a trip towards a Dutch coffeeshop. But the tourists in the Dutch coffeeshops have to smoke anything they buy there, they have to smoke it there. The import remains illegal.

....so the law has improved some. But at some points it's about speculation.

(when i translated this to english... i don't know if everything's right, but i did my best :cool: )

Squall Lionheart
01-26-2006, 01:29 PM
I was never on the positive side in that matter....stil I don't mind the presence of soft drinks....

Tiny Bronco
01-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Soft drugs are fine unless people abuss them so much it becomes a health problem. Hard Drugs are way to dangerous and I curse whoever made them. :mad: Like Meth!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

IT RUINS LIVES PEOPLE!!! :mad:
The only problem with drugs in general is adictiveness. I like to have my free will not muddled up by chemicals. ;)

Squall Lionheart
01-26-2006, 09:20 PM
That is the summary point.....to live by your free will...

slimcloud
02-05-2006, 11:31 PM
i was smoking weed for a long time and i mean 8 years or more,i was takin other stuff but nothing i couldnt handle.Or so i thought because i suddenly without warning began to hear voices all around me,i thought they were all talking about me and this kinda thing really does make you go insane believe.if theres one thing you lot should hear is this 'NEVER TAKE DRUGS OV ANY KIND BECAUSE EVENTUALLY YOUR MIND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTROL THE DOPERMINE LEVELS THAT THESE DRUGS INDUCE INTO YOUR BRAIN'and if you dont take my advice then you should be asking the question 'what made me so dependant on the feeling to get high?you can only answer that question.

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 11:34 PM
I beleive you.

slimcloud
02-05-2006, 11:39 PM
its harder to come off the stuff than to go on to it

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Yes. We had a bunch of Druggys on rehab. come into our school to talk about how bad they are.

Squall Lionheart
02-06-2006, 09:54 AM
My oppinion is that the prohibition is in its right place right now.....

slimcloud
02-07-2006, 12:20 PM
i was so glad for the use ov drugs yesterday when i had one ov my back teeth ripped from its home,but i cant help thinking we rely so much on drugs where would we be without them?

~Hidan~
06-18-2006, 03:41 PM
I think pot should be treated the same way as alchole, it doesnt do much worse then beer or whine or wisky and doesnt make people violent.

Kat
06-24-2006, 11:02 AM
i agree alot with Tiny Bronco and Slimcloud they are bad 4 u and a little is okay but you may get addicted then you do alot then you start hearing voices then you go insane then you get put in a nut house AND THEN you mess up your life that could hav been great.....

~Hidan~
06-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeh this is true. overdoing any drugs can mess up your system, even simple things like caffine

Kat
06-24-2006, 05:56 PM
yep,and according to slimcloud lite drugs dont harm you at all but they do affect you mind slowly and surely even one hit

Seyluv
06-24-2006, 08:40 PM
I hate drugs, I have to much to live for to use them. Even if I am feeling sad i never would use them

richboywonder
07-22-2006, 05:58 PM
it's ok but you won't catch me using 'em

Luis
07-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Nice translation work Avathar!! Was it in Flemish or in French?

Ark, do you rule a country?? Cool! :D

And I think soft drugs should be legalised. People drink alcohol under their own responsibility. Likewise, people smoke under their own responsibility.

Avathar
07-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Nice translation work Avathar!! Was it in Dutch or in French?

Dutch it was. ;)

And personally, I enjoy a good joint now and then, and I know where my limits are.
I know people starting to smoke each day, but then they won't feel the effects no longer that hard, so what do they do? Smoke more, of course. Although what I witness with these people, the growing of the amount of using weed is at a slow rate. For me, I don't want to use more, 'cause I'm satisfied with a small amount. I don't want to smoke more, 'cause A it will cost more, and B, eventually I'll need more to feel the effects.

But I know my limits and boundries, and I only like smoking weed (even beats alcohol at most times), and I won't do hard drugs, 'cause they just fuck with the body too hard.

Luis
07-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Dutch it was. ;)
Oops! Sorry, translation mistake :p

By the way, you're really close to Holland! Haven't you done a 'cultural trip' through the journey? ;)
If any of you don't know, in Holland it's legal to buy it and legal to own it, but I think you can only smoke in the coffee shops.

I think people at an adult age should be conscious enough to know their limits, or what it's bat or not for themselves.

Phoenix Flame
06-16-2007, 07:58 AM
I think they should legalize E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. Not because I want to try it all - simply for the murder rate in this country to decrease. Most murders are drug/financial-related and methinks this may help...true - you'll get a LOT more drug-related deaths due to O.D....but that's druggies doing themselves in...not others for more drugs.

Of course...my theory COULD backfire, but - meh! :p

dappa
06-16-2007, 06:34 PM
I couldn't agree with you more on that one. No one is putting a gun to a druggies head and saying "take it". Druggies must take some responsibility for their actions too.

Shinra Soldier 1
08-22-2007, 08:36 PM
marijuana legalized definetly. The only reason it isn't is because it's an herb, and the govt. can't collect tax money on herbs. it eases pain (headaches, body aches) and helps people relax, why do you think people in amsterdam live longer?

Doctor
08-24-2007, 12:29 AM
marijuana legalized definetly. The only reason it isn't is because it's an herb, and the govt. can't collect tax money on herbs. it eases pain (headaches, body aches) and helps people relax, why do you think people in amsterdam live longer?

I suppose that I can...quite agree with you on that one. I won't deny it--I've always wanted to try smoking pot. And if they legalized it, I probably would. It's supposed to be a good herb, really...

However, like smoking, chewing tobacco, and alchohol, it shouldn't be legal for just ANYONE. Kids much younger than even myself should be kept away from it...

But what I'm saying could just be sounding twisted and wrong, depending on people's point of view. So I'm not sure at the moment.

Hydra
08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Older people say pot is worse than drinking alcohol for a long period of time in your life.

But us young people can smoke it for a while, only feeling the wild trippy feeling. It's supposed to relax you and help with aches, actually. I've never tried smoking it, but it sounds like a miracle worker if you think about it. ;]

I do believe it has its downsides though.

dappa
08-24-2007, 08:44 PM
i dont like any drugs whatsover I am totally against them, i think they should never legalise anything.

I've seen drugs ruin too many peoples lives. I'm not putting all the blame on the dealers though.