PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best of these four

Anikin
12-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Which is better. Final fantasy, Final fantasy II, Final fantasy III or Final fantasy IV.
You can tell me you're opinion about them aswell and the major or importaint facts about them that make them soooo good.

Zeromus_X
12-20-2005, 09:10 PM
oh god, trying to pick a favorite out of those is like ...well, its a really difficult decision.

ff1- its the first final fantasy. what needs to be said? ^^;; ive played my nes cartridge so many times, and it really is pretty much the only nes game i play anymore. it might as well be fused with the nes...) monks kick ass. specially hasted, oh yes they do! :D

ff2- i liked it, though alot of people didnt. (and, due to a bug, leveling up is a cinch.) c'mon , you get to go to hell. hell is the final dungeon! (well, pandaemonium, the castle of hell.) first used the "rebels fighting an empire" story concept. (though may be off of star-wars, they have alot of star wars references. the emperors name is paramekia for crying out loud. )

ff3-omg, i LOVE this game. music, gameplay, all fun. specially the music, i like the music alot. introduced the job system , which is also used in ff5 , the tactics games, and i think 10-2. (dress-spheres, they were called?)

ff4- first ff i ever played, maybe my favorite. nostalgia may have something to do with it though. (btw, i got the gba one , and i cant stop foaming at the mouth! :D )
also, has a cool (yet very difficult) final boss, zeromus. hes on my avatar. my screen name is even after him! (i put an x on it, because everything sounds cooler if you put an "x" after it :D )

i couldnt decide, they are all too good.

Phoenix Flame
12-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Hmm...I can't vote! I need to play all four of them still! I know, I have no shame.
Are they all availible in the U.S. for the NES?

And yes, Zeromus_X, they were called dress spheres

Zeromus_X
12-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Hmm...I can't vote! I need to play all four of them still! I know, I have no shame.
Are they all availible in the U.S. for the NES?

And yes, Zeromus_X, they were called dress spheres
ff1 is for the nes , remade on the ps1. (play that one, not the gba one.) the ps1 "origins" collection also has ffii, a highly underatted game, IMO. both pretty much have the same difficulty, but with one major difference....AMANO ART!!! come drool with me over amano's awesome art...*sigh*...amano...

eh...anyway...

ffIII is being rereleased on nintendo ds, but i dont know if non-japanese people will get it. *threatens square if they dont give ffiii to us...) ffiii is kick-ass! at least download a rom, a million sites have it. (cant tell ya here though....)

ffiv is released on gba, and ps1, with chrono trigger as "ff chronicles". the gba one has the same difficulty us americans got, a bit watered down, but all the bonus items are there, and the script has definitely improved. if you want the true ffiv experience, get j2e's rom translation, or , legaller(is that a word?) get ff chronicles. (hey, you get CT!)

so yes, these were all remade. (btw, ffv and vi were in ff anthology, and i think all the extremely lucky europeans got ffiv , v, and vi in their anthology! i know some lucky area got them all...)

i just cant wait till there all portable...i may buy a ds just for ffiii! (see what changed, and what-not.)

portable ff paradise....*drools* :p :D

Josh-UK
01-02-2006, 10:28 AM
it has to be Final Fantasy III. Its the most exciting in opinion anyway an i love the game!

:)

Squall Leonhart
02-04-2006, 01:08 AM
I guessed and picked 4 and have never played one of these games.

slimcloud
02-06-2006, 03:40 AM
the only ones ive played on that poll are origins

kain_highjumper
02-24-2006, 04:14 AM
i like FFIII And FFIV most of them. but my favorite is FFV and FFX:D

darkmajinvegeta
03-02-2006, 06:00 AM
I like FFIV and FFX

ShadowHeart
03-02-2006, 10:31 AM
This is a tread about the 4 FIRST FF games, not FFX.

baralai
03-03-2006, 10:54 AM
4 apsuluty itssss rock speciality cecil

LoneWolf
03-28-2006, 10:12 AM
I have to say Final Fantasy IV, great characters, great bosses, and the core of the moon is sweet.

Avathar
05-05-2006, 06:51 AM
Tough choice between III and IV... but i've voted for FFIII, 'cause i liked that game in it's entire form the best. ^^

blackadder93
05-09-2006, 05:02 PM
I'd say its FF4.
Kain is awsome

Riki
05-14-2006, 07:47 PM
I like the second one its alright for a old game

Spec Highwind
05-20-2006, 12:05 PM
I am addicted to FFIV... I love it's storyline...

Kat
06-07-2006, 11:24 AM
i luv number 3 kefka is cool

Tiny Bronco
06-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Well I haven't played IV, but of the others, 3 is by far the best. Though from just reading the storyline I bet IV is better.

Zeromus_X
06-07-2006, 01:07 PM
None of them really had a true character-driven storyline until IV (And they didn't really get it right until VI.), but III has a better atmosphere to me.

Spec Highwind
06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm loving 2's storyline... 2 and 4 rock!

ShadowHeart
06-08-2006, 04:39 PM
i luv number 3 kefka is cool
You are confused, and perhaps others along with you. This poll is about FF1 (for NES), FF2 (for NES), FF3 (for NES) and FF4 (for SNES). FF6 (for SNES) was released as FF3 in the US, that's the game you're thinking about, but that game has an entirely separate section of this forum to itself. The FF3 in the poll was until very recently the one single FF main series game that hadn't been released outside of Japan. It's a great game, but I think the votes are inflated by confused Americans.

I will never forget Square for this naming confusion. And I don't understand why it's so difficult for (some, far from all) Americans to learn that when on an international FF forum, FF2 and FF3 will more likely refer to the NES FF2 and FF3 rather than the 2 SNES games that are really called FF4 and FF6, respectively... :(

Zeromus_X
06-08-2006, 09:51 PM
There shouldn't be any confusion at all, the games have been released by their proper numbering in NA and Europe, in the PS1 remakes. They aren't even referred to as those numbers any more. (I was going to say something, but was just going to ignore it...)

FFIII= Zande, guy with the crazy hair.

Edit: And, FFII has already been released on Origins (around the world, I assume), and FFIIIDS will be released soon as well. There shouldn't even be any confusion among Americans about this. :p Ah well. Maybe they just didn't know? :/

ShadowHeart
06-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Apparently they are referred to the old names still by some. And it wasn't very long ago I heard an American claim that the games are really called FF2/FF3 and that s/he will keep calling them that since that's what they were released under in the US. *shrugs*

Zeromus_X
06-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Now that is annoying. I also have met a few people like that. ><; Ah well.

ChocoboMan
06-22-2006, 09:10 PM
FF7 is always the best

Zeromus_X
06-22-2006, 09:24 PM
That's great, but this thread isn't about Final Fantasy VII. This is about which of the first four Final Fantasies you liked the best. ;)

richboywonder
06-22-2006, 09:33 PM
final fantasy 4 for sure

ChocoboMan
07-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Definetaly FFIV

Moderator Edit: DO. NOT. DOUBLE. POST. Especially when you just restate what you already said!

Spirit
07-16-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm going to say ffiv becuz I played ffi which was kind of good, didn't finished ffii, haven't play ffiii