01-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Neither probably....

Tiny Bronco
01-24-2006, 06:02 PM
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! Squall has three Cactuar now. :eek: SPIFFY! :D

Zeromus_X
01-24-2006, 08:55 PM
well, hm...

ninjas can hold weapons in both hands, and throw things... plus their speedy...and in ffIII, theyre the ultimate "fighter" class, can equip any weapon/armor.

samurai have cointoss, useful if you have money to spare. they also can equip katanas (masamune anyone?) and have power lowering techniques (like auron's for example.)

or are we talking about real life? i wouldnt want either. ninjas in real life were little more than gardeners, and being a samurai would be too much work. (not to mention that theyre all gone anyway...)

now, on the other hand, if i could have my own masamune... :p

Squall Lionheart
01-25-2006, 07:53 PM
As you know me...I would go with a two handed sword (preferably gunblade)!
...by the way what is masumune..all I know about it is that it's one of GF Gilgamesh's 4 swords

Tiny Bronco
01-25-2006, 07:58 PM
A Masamune is a type of sword that's generally made for qiuckness over the ability to cut through walls or whatever. :D
What Zero is probably talking about is Sephiroth's sword in FF7 that's really long, kind of thin, and really good. ;)

Squall Lionheart
01-25-2006, 08:20 PM
...Strange I heard that Gilgamesh was sucked in another dimension in an earlier FF
...I don't know about 7 but he appears in eight to collect the Legendary Odine's Sword but if I remeber correctly...his masumune had an effect of 1 only!

Tiny Bronco
01-25-2006, 08:25 PM
No, he wansn't in FF7, but in FF7 Sephiroth's Masaume Blade is legendary, powerful, and very cool looking. :D

Zeromus_X
01-25-2006, 08:25 PM
A Masamune is a type of sword that's generally made for qiuckness over the ability to cut through walls or whatever. :D
What Zero is probably talking about is Sephiroth's sword in FF7 that's really long, kind of thin, and really good. ;)
well, besides sephy's cool sword, in ff I, you found it in one of the last rooms of the chaos temple. any class could equip it, and it was better than excalibur. in ffII, it was in the "astral plane" room of pandaemonium. it could cast haste on the party (very useful). in ffIII, it was one of the weapons sealed in forbidden land eureka. it was edge's best ninja sword in ffIV, found in the core of the moon(although you had to kill dark leviathan...). in ffV, it was one of the twelve sealed weapons, and anyone who equips it gets to go first in battle. although it had less attack power than excalibur, excal had holy element, so it could heal some enemies and bosses. in ffVI, it was one of ceyenne's best katanas. in ffVIII, it was one of gilgamesh's random attacks. in ffIX, it was one of zidanes best weapons, and could cast doom on an enemy with soul blade (good for killing yans ;) )

so theres your ff masamune history lesson! :p see the link i put in the "masamune vs. buster sword" thread in the ffVII forum to read the legend of the masamune (very interesting.)

Tiny Bronco
01-25-2006, 08:44 PM
I feel enlightened! :D I guess FFs and Masamunes just go together.

Squall Lionheart
01-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Actually alot of things are repeated through FF

Zeromus_X
01-25-2006, 11:22 PM
to reply to the things you said earlier that i didnt read...

the attack gilgamesh does that only does 1 is "excalipoor", a mockery of excalibur. in ffV, when you fight gilgamesh, he says he found the legendary sword, excalibur. (but it only does 1 when he uses it.) he gets sucked into the cleft of dimension by his frustrated superior, x-death. you find the excalibur, only its called "excalipoor", and although it has the same attack power of excalibur, it will only do 1 damage in battle.

his other attack , "excalibur" does moderate damage. (i guess. gilg hardly appears for me...)

as for the theory of him being sucked into ffVIII, its only a theory. (therefore, its not true ;) ) square just likes too re-use things in ffs, like you said :)

unfortunately, it doesnt stop people from creating wacky theories...

Squall Lionheart
01-26-2006, 01:05 AM
Unlike you...my experience is about FF8 so I can't argue much about except that probably there is no ''Excalibur'' only ''Excalipoor'' (one of them anyways....) ,I might doublecheck that in time and refill you...

berserker
01-28-2006, 08:57 PM
i rather be a samarui

Max the Man
01-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Masamune's are named after <insert first name here> Masamune, a famous Japanese blacksmith who originally invented the Masamune sword, and named it after himself. Mr. Masamune lived circa. AD 1000. Date Masamune, however, was a one-eyed general during Japan's warring states era, who is famous for his many campaigns against the Takeda, Oda and Tokugawa clans. He was known as "the one-eyed Dragon" and also as "the little tyrant", because of his harsh training and small amount of goku (a goku is a unit of rice. 1 goku is enough rice for 50,000 soldiers for one year.) His last name isn't Masamune, but he is known as Masamune because of his use of a masamune sword in battle. Now you know the real life history of the masamune sword!

Squall Lionheart
01-28-2006, 09:27 PM
....Impressive, legend or fact?

Max the Man
01-28-2006, 09:34 PM
complete fact. I don't remember his first name though... ^^;;

Squall Lionheart
01-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Good information....

Tiny Bronco
01-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Pretty interesting to know Max.

ShadowHeart
01-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Way off topic again :D

Ninja I think, but I'm not sure :)

Squall Lionheart
01-29-2006, 11:07 AM
I dunno about the other FFs .......
but he asked the whereabouts of the dimensional gate...upon crushing seifer in Lunatic Pandora.....

slimcloud
02-08-2006, 11:37 AM
i really like the look ov clouds whopper <chuckle> i think i prefer ninjas uno teenage mutant hero turtles lol.....

Avathar
02-15-2006, 07:59 AM
....i go for Samurai :D

pokemonsux
03-06-2006, 11:22 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmm i would choose ninja.

Crazi
04-12-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm not entirely sure who i'd choose. If a samurai and a ninja were to be locked in battle,the samurai would always win ..simply cuz if the ninja were to get close enough the samurai would kill himself lol, but the ninja do have some pretty weaponry and probably would'nt need to get close ... hmmm.. tough one. (i'ma go for samurai, no reason .. just the results of a coin toss :) )

EXVEEMON95
04-29-2006, 04:02 PM
I think I pick both?

Avathar
05-01-2006, 01:30 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/buccobucco/ninja.gifNinja Fight!http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/buccobucco/ninja.gif
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/buccobucco/ninjabattle.gif

SethirothVII
05-13-2006, 12:46 PM
samurai all the way cause they are loyal and were the greatest warriors in history before guns were made and they had perfect wepaons like the masamune=perfection the masamune wasnt classed as royalty or samurai as it was too good if you wanna see sephiroths masamune and mr masamunes last sword follow links.

Masamunes last sword http://filmswords.com/highlander/masamuneart.htm

Sephiroth Sword http://www.trueswords.com/final-fantasy-sephiroth-masamune-sword-p-7.html

Riki
05-14-2006, 12:52 AM
There both good jobs

Yoko Kurama
09-28-2006, 10:36 AM
I pick ninja because I love Tenchu. Ayame is the coolest ninja ever!

Cloud101
09-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Samuri rock, they are the true masters of the sword, I am training to become a samuri myself!

Axel
10-13-2006, 02:58 PM
The Samurai are superior to the Ninja. The Samurai learn endurance,stategy, the art of the sword, and respect in battle. Honor is a another value the Samurai cherish. Of course, the Ninja have their stealthy tactics, I believe that if you have respect for your opponent, you fight in the way of the Samurai.

Kat
10-13-2006, 08:08 PM
i guess if i had to choose it would be a Samurai,but if there was other choices i would be a Berserker