PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying Recurring Enemy

Zeromus_X
01-21-2006, 02:27 AM
it had to be done.

IMO, marlboro (yes, thats its real name) is the most annoying. ESPECIALLY in ffviii...urgh.

these monsters appearances:

tonberry- first appearance: ffV. known for their "Everyone's Grudge" and "Knife" signature attacks. appeared in ffV, ffVI, ffVII, ffVIII, ffIX, ffX (is it safe to assume they were in X-2?), i think ffXI , ff crystal chronicles, im pretty sure they were chefs or something (makes sense :D)

marlboro- first appearance: ffII. known for "Bad Breath" (most likely a pun on marlboro cigarettes...:p) appearances: ffII, ffIV, ffVI, ffVII, ffVIII, ffIX, and i think later installments.

cactuars- first appearance: ffVI. known for "1,000 Needles", and in most games, a significant source of AP. and come on...theyre awesome! appeared in ffVI, ffVII, ffVIII, ffIX, and im pretty sure later installments.

behemoths- first appearance: ffII. appearances: ffII, ffIII, ffIV, ffV, ffVI, ffVII, ffVIII, ffIX, and im pretty sure later installments. infamous for counter-attacking with meteo and other strong magics. good physical attack to boot...however, vulnereable to status spells which usually miss, like mini, toad, etc. been in alot of ffs...alot. (note: theres a cute but really big behemoth heartless in kingdom hearts! its so cute! okay, that wasnt necessary, but i like that heartless! =3)

i know im missing some of these monsters' appearances, maybe because im not through ffX yet, and/or dont know if theyre in ffX-2, CC, ffXI, etc. feel free to add their appearances, if you know them :)

who is the most annoying?! we will see! :D :p

ShadowHeart
01-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Marlboro for sure ;) They killed me a couple of times in FFVIII, and I think in FFVII, with their stupid Bad Breath :)

Squall Leonhart
01-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Marlboro. They gave me the most trouble out of all of them. And I'm certain that all of those are in FFX and in FFX-2 minus the cactar.

Tiny Bronco
01-21-2006, 03:41 PM
I find that Tonberry is the most annoying one for me. He just up and kills one of your party memebers every time you fight him unless you want to spend a bunch of MP on a summon. I think Cactuar is really cool just cause of his 1000 needle attack and his speed. And he's a cactus. That's awsome. :)

Squall Lionheart
01-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Actually I think GF Cerberus is the most boring because of his tendancy to triple evrey magic....Malboro can be status defenced and defeated in so many ways,GF EDEN,demis,and Meltdowns won't make tonberries of a problem, High luck and Initiative ability for Cactuar...which leaves the annoying behmoth which you havee to dispel evrey second to get throught its barrier....

Lokzor
04-25-2006, 05:36 PM
MARLBOROS. I HATE Bad Breath!

Tiny Bronco
04-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Well so far everyone likes Cactuars! Yeh!

Avathar
04-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Sure, Cactuars could be a pain in the ass in the beginning, with a 1000 hp damage attack :p, but he's just so awesome. :D
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b260/Heiae/Cactuar_beams.jpg

Lokzor
04-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Sure, Cactuars could be a pain in the ass in the beginning, with a 1000 hp damage attack :p, but he's just so awesome. :D
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b260/Heiae/Cactuar_beams.jpg

Heh, how about "10,000 Needles" :eek:

Now that I think about it, the cactuar made the Bikanel Desert very annoying.

dappa
10-04-2006, 07:58 AM
I hate the malboros on ff8 cause they seem to get the first hit in with bad breath. Besides that I found the behemoths irritating when I fought em on ff9 and one did a meteor counter and ko'd my underlevelled party.

Kat
10-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Malboros >.<
they use bad breath-poison,berserk,confusion,and darkness
adding the fiend's attacks itself= a dead party=game over
it is a fiendish fiend indeed

Xartex
10-06-2006, 03:28 AM
Malboros are really anoying, no doubt that it is the most anoying enemy, even thought tonberrys can be anoying as well

Spec Highwind
10-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Tonberrys are an entire tribe in FFXI xP And they were humans in the past!

Gumdrop
10-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Marlboro - ugly and annoying. Although I did see a cute one in a manga once with a ribbon on its head :p

Max the Man
10-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Tonberries appeared in FFX-2, as well. They had a lot of HP and were easy to kill if they pushed your party into the right formation. Cactuars appeared in FFX and X-2, but not as enemies. Tonberries also appeared in XI as enemies.

My least favorite was probably the tonberry or Behemoth. Tonberries because of instant death and Behemoth because of meteor when they die.

Darkreno
05-03-2007, 01:30 AM
marlboros r most annoying but i also think cactuars r just as bad. so its kinda tied 4 me except that marlboros have a more challenge to them

Marius
05-03-2007, 01:41 AM
i like fighting tonberries but i can't stand marlboros. they mess up ur stats n that sucks

Phoenix Flame
06-11-2007, 03:52 AM
Marlboros ;ang

Max the Man
06-13-2007, 08:06 PM
And aren't we missing some recurring enemies? Adamantoise... goblins...

I'll give a description cause I feel like it:

Adamantoise: First apearance: FFII Appearances: FF's 1, 2, 3, 4... you get the picture. Adamantoise are known for their HUGE HP ammount and their high defence, but if you can find their weakness, you'll beat them in no time.

Goblins: First apearance: FFI Appearances: All FFs except for 8, 10 and 12
Their known for being one of the first monsters you fight and for having that annoying skill Goblin Punch which randomly damages one of your party.

Ochu: First appearance: FFI Appearances: FF 1, 7, 8, 9, 10, X-2
Ochu are known for their poisonous attacks and their high HP and magic tolerances. Actually, an Ochu is one of a number of optional bosses in FFX.

add any more if you can think of them, I haven't played an FF for a while x_x;;

dappa
06-14-2007, 06:49 PM
I found them trap doors in final fantasy 4 pretty irritating. But luckily you only fought them in one dungeon in the game.

Kat
06-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Malboros!
>______<
those damned things!
they ambush you most the time which poisons and confuses you party then they attack each other and every time they attack each other they loose a crap load of HP...and if you're luck one person snapps outta it...but if luck isn't with you,your finna die.

dappa
06-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Malboros. I only found them really annoying on final fantasies 4 and 8 cause these games versions of the malboro gives just about every status attack in the book.

blackrose
06-25-2007, 03:16 AM
i must agree with u all there malboros are highly annoying and ugly too.

dappa
06-25-2007, 07:24 PM
I must agree that them malboros are annoying but has everyone forgotten them annoying monsters called "Yan" on final fantasy 9.

They sometimes had me screaming in frustration. Who would think a cutesy cuddly little creature like that could cause so much damage.

evil_resident
01-27-2008, 06:26 AM
malboros or cockatrice

dappa
01-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Cockatrices on the first final fantasy had me pulling my hair out in frustration, if they attacked a character with their regular attack and the attack landed on a character with low vitality there was a very strong possibility it would turn them into stone, I'm talking about the cockatrices in the cave you go on your first mission to to retrieve a crown, no healing items for stone that early in the game grrrrrr lol

Phoenix Flame
03-07-2008, 07:19 AM
I couldn't imagine getting through that game in the original rendition. Too easy for your party to get pwnd through most of the game, and NO REVIVING except if you have a White Mage/Wizard really blew too. =P

Indigo Truth
04-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Hated Behemoth because, as the person above me said, it always had to do meteor when it died! why could it not just die peacefully??

I.T

Phoenix Flame
04-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Yeah, but it sure was a suprise when it cast it...and, like - only one of your party members survived with like 40 hp 0.0! XD; They weren't so bad after that...it was just the first fight when you didn't see it coming when it hurt soooo good. ^^;

Indigo Truth
04-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah, but it sure was a suprise when it cast it...and, like - only one of your party members survived with like 40 hp 0.0! XD; They weren't so bad after that...it was just the first fight when you didn't see it coming when it hurt soooo good. ^^;

Ha! yea agreed =] Its on X2 though, the big Humbaba or something, i was thinking "oh it will do meteor but wont be that bad!"

BANG!!!! Party dead!

so annoying

I.T

dappa
04-29-2008, 05:20 PM
lol i remember my first play off ff9 and i had a low level party as i had hurried through the game too quickly and i fought one of those pesky behemoths, and i used a physical attack on it and it retaliated with meteor counter and wiped my party out.

jedi geoff
04-30-2008, 05:46 AM
marlboro wasnt that bad,

i didnt like how tonberry had crazy hp levels

Leon
06-01-2009, 12:53 PM
*points at the bot*

Phoenix Flame
06-11-2009, 07:57 AM
lol. It took me all of 3 posts to ban him. Fear not, he shan't be back. :p

Leon
06-11-2009, 10:19 AM
*clubz on the head*(right on the previous lump on the head)

nor shan u leave n allow this to ever happen again O_O, if ur name is in silver, then this palce OWNZ u :p

Phoenix Flame
06-12-2009, 09:42 AM
*sicks Umbarbar on Leon and laughs w/amusement as he scratches and claws your face*

Now stay on-topic from now on...Let's keep the spam in spamtastic. Ok?! O.o

Leon
06-12-2009, 11:25 AM
*bites on Umbarbar's tail n watches'im run away* i've fought my share of monkiez n chimps in mah time 0.0!

well outta those 3 id say malboros r the most annoying coz they totally incapcitate u, for cactuars it's a matter of speed, tonberries r tiring coz they need so much damage to go down n r hardly ever get affected by status change, behemoth r the easiest to counter their effects and spells

Phoenix Flame
06-13-2009, 05:16 AM
Marlboros...

They typically have high HP, the uber-terrible Bad Breath and a high speed stat (not to mention Ambush!)

Andrew Scaves
06-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Malboros are annoying too. That were a pushover in XII though. Behemoths are always bad in any FF them and their meteor counters. Tonberries are similar. The way they slowly walk up to you and retaliate with Karma every time you attack them or steal from them, and when they finally get close to you a small poke of their chef's knife instantly kills you. It's not the Death status it's 9999 points of damage. Fighting a tonberry is a cautious race.

Phoenix Flame
06-20-2009, 05:47 AM
I agree w/what u said about Marlboros in FF 12. They were really easy - especially since you had backup party members. The more-difficult monsters in that game were in the latter Jellies and other enemies in the secret areas of the Henne mines, various marks and the final esper. FF 10 was definitely either the Great Marlboros, or the Demonoliths. Either of those creatures could send a fully healed/stocked party packing. XD

dappa
09-06-2009, 06:27 PM
lol i forgot about them jellies in the secret areas of the henne mines, if you didn't put them to sleep quickly they made mincemeat out of you very quickly.

I found that esper in the henne mines very irritating even though I know its not a reccurring enemy

rissole25
09-29-2009, 02:47 AM
ah i hated the marlboros in FF7, FF8 & FF10...so annoying with there "Bad Breath"

clief101_
12-29-2009, 12:47 AM
i agree....i cant beat them in VIII

although they r rather easy in VII i found....and also in X....probly coz i had ribbons haha

Leon
12-29-2009, 01:49 PM
i still get PWNED by them in 8, n i even visited both islands closer to hell n heaven..

dang hard wit bad breath, or to cause status change for'em except vit0 i thinkz

clief101_
12-30-2009, 05:28 AM
i cant nullify the bad breath without changing my junction system, and i realy cant be bothered doing that....the only thing i need is malboro tenticles to make quistis ulti weapon and then i got them all....GRRR!!!

Leon
01-01-2010, 11:10 AM
well unless you're a real good card player

;)

clief101_
01-02-2010, 11:38 PM
i suck at cards in 8....but good at them in 9 lol, go figure