PDA

View Full Version : Problems....

Squall Lionheart
01-30-2006, 08:39 PM
As shown....this thread is to display problems & their available answers & solution to avoid more losses........ here's my list:

Firefox problem.....

Gil earning pronblem......

the first problem isn't my specialty but most of the losses revolve around it......very urgent to solve it before its too late......

the second problem isn't that important...but gaining money will make it easier for fighters in battles by buying many items.....
I also suggested the battle tournaments before in another thread.......

All suggestions are welcome......

Arkacia
01-31-2006, 07:37 PM
I can't comment on the firefox problems, because I'm techincally a forum admin and don't code.

The gil problem isn't a problem. I recently increased the amount of gil earned by posting threads and/or posts to a generous level and tripled the referral bonus. The way things are set up now means people have to put some effort of their own into collecting gil, but getting a decent amount isn't totally impossible. If you think the levels could be more generous, throw some amounts at me and I'll tell you what I think about it.

Any member can organise and run a battle tournament. Unless there is something about that I'm not seeing. If you want gil as the prizes, that can be done too.

Squall Lionheart
01-31-2006, 09:57 PM
I haven't noticed the increased post rewards.....(its still 15 to me...)
......thought I'm displaying what's needed to make this succeed.....

Final Fantasy Tournament briefing: (requirements)

1- Decide the prize money & the tournament form (league or knock-out) depending on the number of duelists...
2- Anounce it to the members & check if many are thrilled about it....
3- If many approve it.....get a registering program for gils very similiar to the lottery....also make a deadline for registrations.....
4- Mixup and select RANDOMLY (althought I don't know how) the battles (who vs. who)
5- Post in the calendar or PM fighters to notify them of their battle.....maybe post results also in threads or in the battle menu.....(I know its alot of work...but it has to be done)
6- If it succeeds in drawing attention....make a championship each month or so....

Don't take it seriously but it's a bad idea for members to organise this while having many unaccessible options......

.....its worth to try.....

Arkacia
02-02-2006, 10:09 AM
What unaccessible options?

The firefox problem only affects the firefox browser. I'm here on IE now, it works fine.

If you want to run the tournaments, go for it. I'm sorry but due to RL concerns and other web commitments, I for one won't have the time to do it. I am scratching for time to get here daily as it is at the moment. You seem to know what you want to do and how, so are probably the best person to make it happen :).

The post reward of 15 is the raise. It used to be 8. If you think it should be higher, give me some numbers, but keep it fair. We don't want people to be able to buy out the items shop after only a few posts. Gil has to be earned ;).

Squall Lionheart
02-02-2006, 04:50 PM
No...posts are good enough this way....that's my oppinion at least....

As for the unaccessible options (Which have nothing to do with Firefox).....here are they are:
1- I can't put a prize money on my own budget.....(added to the money of those who registered)
2- I'm not technically fit to put a registering program for a certain amount of Gils......(Like the lottery)
3- I won't be the one responsible for mixing the battles since I'm planing to enter it myself....it has to be a neutral side.....
Any other problems are nothing that can't be handeled......

......I appreciate your concerns but I for one wouldn't like to upgrade my membership (Not that I decline supervising the tournament....) but having full responsibility of it won't qualify me to enter it.....that's my problem.....

So mainly someone is needed just to take care of the three points listed above....other than that its fine.........

.......would that be a problem to any of the moderators?

ShadowHeart
02-02-2006, 05:15 PM
It used to be even lower than 8 Gil per post. I think 15 is very generous :)

Squall Lionheart
02-02-2006, 05:30 PM
.....& about the championship?.......

Tiny Bronco
02-02-2006, 10:01 PM
I think 15 gil is fine. I would like teams in a tournement.

Squall Lionheart
02-02-2006, 10:12 PM
No...posts are good enough this way....that's my oppinion at least....

As for the unaccessible options (Which have nothing to do with Firefox).....here are they are:
1- I can't put a prize money on my own budget.....(added to the money of those who registered)
2- I'm not technically fit to put a registering program for a certain amount of Gils......(Like the lottery)
3- I won't be the one responsible for mixing the battles since I'm planing to enter it myself....it has to be a neutral side.....
Any other problems are nothing that can't be handeled......

......I appreciate your concerns but I for one wouldn't like to upgrade my membership (Not that I decline supervising the tournament....) but having full responsibility of it won't qualify me to enter it.....that's my problem.....

So mainly someone is needed just to take care of the three points listed above....other than that its fine.........

.......would that be a problem to any of the moderators?

fine....but I want to keep this until I get a reply.....

Arkacia
02-03-2006, 04:19 AM
Ok, the prize money is easy, just announce what you want the total to be, and after the contest is finished, Shaggy or I can go in and pay it out to the winners by just adding it to their profiles in the admin cp. Thats no worries.

I'm not sure about the registering money. Do you really need to do that. We can pay the prizes out of the "bank" so to speak, so you won't need to charge people to enter the contest to cover prize money. I don't think there is an option to do that anyway, unless we can find a way to use the lottery option.

I'm willing to do the mixing part of the contest. When the time is right, send me a list of the paticipating people, and I'll do the matching up. Thats not a worry :).

Tiny Bronco
02-03-2006, 05:57 PM
I'd play. It would be real fun.

Squall Lionheart
02-04-2006, 01:34 AM
I noticed some battles taking place since a long time that hasn't ended until now (seems both parties abaonded the fight)....so there is just one last thing......

1- Any of the moderators will have to end these battles & any others that I will report abonded then both parties will be disqualified.....(unless one or both of them confirm to me that they still are fighting.....

2- There are 2 Battles on hold currently.....one of them has ended & the other hasn't......so I might need to confirm the battle results from ended battles(like Battle #23 Kyoh vs. Yukin<go to battle menu & select browse>) so how can I tell the fighters to leave the results......?

these are the final encountered problems......other than that it can all be handeled......

Squall Leonhart
02-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Just a quick question, What's a Firefox? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

jessek705
02-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Squall Firefox is just an alternative web browser.

Just a thought... A league could be set up at My League (http://www.myleague.com/)

Squall Lionheart
02-04-2006, 06:54 PM
I took a look at it but it was too complicated......& needs moderators to run it,& this is still just a trial.....if its useful then it might be reviewed.......not unless any of the moderators disagrees.........
& I'm still waiting for the battle problems reply......

Arkacia
02-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Shaggy or I (not sure about Shadowheat, but he may be able to as well) can go into the admin cp and end any battles that haven't ended from there. Again, that isn't a worry.

In fact, I'll go in later today, when I have more time, and end any very old battles that are still going on. The members you mentioned above have been banned, so there is no point letting that drag on.

Squall Lionheart
02-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Fine then lets agree about the prize money for first three positions........
.....Since healing after each battle will cost some....the championship prize has to be a little worthy.....so I thought it can be this way:
If 1-8 fighters register....then prize will be.....
-1st 1'000 Gils
- 2nd 750 Gils
- 3rd 500 Gils

If 9-16 fighters register then......
-1st 2'000 Gils
- 2nd 1'500 Gis
- 3rd 1'000 Gils
- 4th 750 Gils
- 5th 500 Gils

(there was another minor problem about confirming who won each battle but its nothing too dangerous.....)

Tiny Bronco
02-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Whoooo! I likes! I likes! Would this just be a noraml battle set-up or something more complicated.

What about Exp.

Squall Lionheart
02-04-2006, 11:36 PM
it would be a 8 or 16 duellists knock-out Championship...... but still a poll is needed to know how many agree on this.......

Shaggy
02-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Squall Firefox is just an alternative web browser.

Just a thought... A league could be set up at My League (http://www.myleague.com/)What is it? :p

squal, give me a run down on how you think it should be setup? Who wins what, how and anything else I forgot. Sounds fun enough.

Squall Lionheart
02-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Fine then lets agree about the prize money for first three positions........
.....Since healing after each battle will cost some....the championship prize has to be a little worthy.....so I thought it can be this way:
If 1-8 fighters register....then prize will be.....
-1st 1'000 Gils
- 2nd 750 Gils
- 3rd 500 Gils

If 9-16 fighters register then......
-1st 2'000 Gils
- 2nd 1'500 Gis
- 3rd 1'000 Gils
- 4th 750 Gils
- 5th 500 Gils

(there was another minor problem about confirming who won each battle but its nothing too dangerous.....)

Every problem & its solution is agreed on from the begining of this thread till now......I'm just waiting for the go-ahead sign to make a Battle tutorial after agreeing on the prize money I displayed before & taking care of unfinished battles....If it works fine at the first time further inrovments can be discussed.....

.........and I'm hoping to see you in battle!

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 01:15 PM
I'll see you in battle if this tournement gets off the ground. :D

Shaggy
02-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm all for this. What do you think is a good ground of the prizes. Will they get out of hand and the price of gill will go down because of the amount dished out in these battles? Will there be enough users interested in this to make it worth while?

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 04:35 PM
The gil prizes( posted above) should be fine I think. I'll play. Lets have a poll.

slimcloud
02-05-2006, 06:56 PM
i am still lost about threads and posts are they the same kinda thing?

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 07:08 PM
A post is what you do every time you type something in and hit enter. A thread is what you post in. This thread is called "Problems". You can make your own threads. You only post stuff that is related to whatever thread you're in. Double posting is against the rules.
Can someone else explain this. It's kind of hard to explain.

Squall Lionheart
02-05-2006, 07:43 PM
i am still lost about threads and posts are they the same kinda thing?

A thread contains posts to be brief......

as for the prize...I think it's fair enough.....it will all clear at the Poll in the very near future.....I have the Tutorial almost ready to post......we'll just have to wait & see if this gains enough intrest.....if not....it gives us a chance to improve it.....the Poll will be probably posted by tommorow......

Arkacia
02-05-2006, 08:24 PM
All old battles have been cancelled.

Prize money seems a bit high to me. Maybe if you take it down by a quarter or a third. Thats up to you however.

Squall Lionheart
02-05-2006, 08:30 PM
.....Maybe it's a bit high but not too much......just the amount needed to draw good intrest.......let's do it?........

Shaggy
02-06-2006, 02:37 AM
Ok Squal, you have permission. You can start your tournemnets. You are in control of it. You handle everything ok.. We will back you with the gil, so let us know who wins and we will pay.

Squall Lionheart
02-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Fine.....only thing else required might be ending unfinished battles which will be my responsability to report.....

slimcloud
02-07-2006, 01:29 PM
thats a really good site played on zelda very retro

Squall Lionheart
02-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Any final suggestions would help.....

Tiny Bronco
02-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Nope we're good. Sounds very well organized.

Shaggy
02-07-2006, 11:08 PM
All battles have been stopped. Squal, you will need to let us know the results, who won and who needs healng, or anything else that need the admin attention.

Zeromus_X
02-07-2006, 11:24 PM
uh...when does the tournament start :confused:

Squall Lionheart
02-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Mainly there will be a Poll only for registration purpose which will show the voters names, this Poll will close in seven daysthen the battles will be mixed in 1 day at my rating, then sent to me to announce the battles......
But first there has to be enough votes for the tournament......I can't start it having only (3-4) fighters....

Shaggy
02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
OK, do you need me to start the poll, or can you do that?

Squall Lionheart
02-08-2006, 07:42 PM
.......there are two polls....first one is wether people are intrested to compete in the tournament (which isn't doing very well last time I checked)......if more votes come soon....I'll be responsible of making the registration poll which is the second one that will show the name of the voters....

Tiny Bronco
02-09-2006, 06:15 PM
The first pole could use a boost. Its called Battle Tournement.

Squall Lionheart
02-09-2006, 08:03 PM
and your point is......

Tiny Bronco
02-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Letting people know what the thread is called so they can find it and vote.

Squall Lionheart
02-09-2006, 08:27 PM
any suggestions?........

Tiny Bronco
02-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Post the name and what its about on the Time thread and the FFnet bar thread.

Shaggy
02-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Sorry Squal. I have no iea how to get more members to sign up. :(

Squall Lionheart
02-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Well it isn't really anyone's fault if no one's intrested.....thought I had expectations of some voters like :

slimcloud
reasoniamalive
Luis
heavens cloud
Totorosama
jessek705
Max the Man
Rorschach
neokiller
added to all the existing clans.......

Tiny Bronco
02-11-2006, 04:45 PM
People seemed to like the idea when we were talking about it in this thread, but just didn't vote in the Battle Tournement thread.

Squall Lionheart
02-13-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm thinking about having one anyways even if there are only 4 challengers.....but the prize goes for only the 1st Champion......

Tiny Bronco
02-13-2006, 10:09 PM
The moderaters would have to make it for you though. Is it worth it for five people.

Squall Lionheart
02-13-2006, 10:21 PM
....Actually they only have to heal the wounded & end unfinished battles based on my reports....& finaly reward the winner....& I think its worth a trial.....I can't think of a better way to boost the battle popularity....

Tiny Bronco
02-13-2006, 10:43 PM
To true. Squall Leonhart, You, Me, Shadow, Zermus_X, and Slimcloud are like the only ones who have used it recently. Its fun. I wonder what the best class is.

Squall Lionheart
02-13-2006, 10:53 PM
To stay on-topic....I will post a registration poll by tommorow so the moderators get a chance to be noticed......

Shaggy
02-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Sorry its ben slow here Squal. Hope it turns out to be a big deal soon.

Squall Lionheart
02-15-2006, 02:14 PM
.....who knows.....I've seen some old members coming back again....we'll have to wait & see............I'll posts the Tournament Tutorial then the registration thread....

gcarev10
05-01-2006, 04:54 PM
I dont know where i put this so i put on promlems.
When u ar i monster arena i will be much beter that u have exp and money like i reily rpg and will be bether that u can learn some of skils from ur wapon or armor , and is beter that u ahve armor or some like that who can resist son some magic and ect....

Tiny Bronco
05-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Didn't know where to put this so

Does anyone know how/am I allowed to stick pictures from their computer into there signature or post?

Shaggy
05-30-2006, 01:18 AM
You have to have the image hosted somewhere like imageshack.us or any other image hosting site. then in your sig you us the link to that image and it shows up in your sig.

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Photobucket is just perfect. It even has it in IMG tags already so you can just copy and paste it.

Hydra
05-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Either that, or IMGHost. It's a new hosting site, meh. Not as good as Photobucket, but it's better than Imageshack. =/

richboywonder
06-22-2006, 02:17 PM
can you help me get a picture for my avatar I don't get it when they tell me to put an URL in

Ajianni
06-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Oh Yeah No Problems

richboywonder
06-23-2006, 01:06 PM
everytime I get in a battle my limit doesn't go up even if I get hit.It's just stuck on 60%.How does your limit go up.

Squall Lionheart
06-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Then that's your main limit...if you keep missing it will go up then you preform a limit break and it starts to grow up again from 0....but your limit is reset to it's original value when you start another battle (i.e. 60%)...and you should be asking that in here...http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=631&page=3

richboywonder
07-08-2006, 03:36 PM
15 is good