PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Chronicles

slimcloud
02-06-2006, 01:11 AM
What are your thoughts on the gamecube crystal chronicles?

Squall Leonhart
02-06-2006, 01:44 AM
I heard it wasn't good enough to deserve the name Final Fantasy

slimcloud
02-06-2006, 02:06 AM
yourprobably right i didnt like it much,because you can only use one member of your team at a time carrying this crystal chalice until you find your way to the boss and defeat him.then youd repeat all ov it again the story is just so shit and so repetitve i cant believe square even did that to there long awaiting fans'OUTRAGED'

Zeromus_X
02-06-2006, 02:11 AM
it was only good if you have three other people with you, then it was fun. (then again, it requires alot, 4 gbas...

it wasnt a bad game, just not for someone who wants to play alone.

slimcloud
02-06-2006, 02:16 AM
i never played it wiv anyone else maybe thats what put me of ,did you not find after each 3 years /cycles that the game just seemed to drag on uselessly? coz you had to fight the same bosses oooooooooo it just gets me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!HAS ANYONE COMPLETED THE FFCC?

Squall Lionheart
02-08-2006, 07:50 PM
This is FF related?......

Zeromus_X
02-08-2006, 09:08 PM
my friend's completed it, i've only played it a few times, and i thought it was fun. but i have not idea how it ends. some giant parasite final boss that looks cool was what my friend said. i think we played for one cycle, at least while i was there. but yeah, this was really a game to be played with two or three of your friends.

also, it may be important to know that CC is going to the nintendo ds :) along with ffIII, so i'm totally getting a ds. (along with the ff V and VI advance!)

ShadowHeart
02-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Squall Lionheart, this thread is about a game called Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles, that was released for Gamecube in 2003/2004. So yes, it is FF related.

Tiny Bronco
02-09-2006, 06:01 PM
I didn't know Nintendo bought some of the FF rights!? I thought only Sony had those. I don't like nintendo because they ruined all of the old classics just to make some money. :mad:

Zeromus_X
02-09-2006, 07:41 PM
as far as i know , square enix owns the final fantasy franchise. they just thought that it would be best to put it on the gamecube in this case.

in the future, they have planned for things on the ps3, nintendo revolution, and the xbox 360, so i guess all of the next generetion consoles are getting a good deal of the ffs. (i do know that most of mistwalker's games will be on the xbox 360.)

and how did they ruin the classics? (i assume you're talking about the ones remade for gba) granted, they made them easier, but that in no way is nintendo's fault. (SE made the game, they just had it published as a nintendo gameboy advance game.)

i just dont understand why people have to bash nintendo all the time...

Tiny Bronco
02-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I liked the old Nintento a lot better.
Sonic the Hedgehog, Ninja Turtles, Mario a lot, and Robo Cop are my favorites that have either been completely discraced, forgotten, or had their plots completly screwed up. :(

ShadowHeart
02-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Um.. Sonic the Hedgehod is Sega's creation and was only available for Sega consoles until Sega stopped making new consoles..

slimcloud
02-10-2006, 08:49 AM
donkey kong zelda mario i enjoyed the 64 butmy thumb used to almost bleed coz the games were so enjoyable they dont make em like they used to

dappa
09-28-2006, 07:47 AM
After each cycle the bosses attacks in each area got a little stronger. By the third cycle the crab boss in the first dungeon was hitting you with thundaga which on one player mode is very hard to avoid. Same goes for the boss in the leuda desert as it can do you with blizzaga and turn you to stone on its third cycle.

Hydra
09-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Lol, that's what made me mood swing about it. The challenge and the less time I had to prepare. XD

LoKuS
10-02-2006, 12:35 PM
It's fun with friends.

dappa
07-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Lets revive this one.

What do our current regular members think about this game?

I think Square making you have to use gameboy advances to play multiplayer sucked.

Also what I like about this game is the fact that there isn't any really obvious clues how to clear the game. You really have to rack ya brains to solve the puzzle to make it to the final area of the game.

Its not a character focused game really but really humankinds struggle to survive on a yearly basis, and your party accidently stumbling across a way to stop the miasma once and for all.

Gackt Camui
07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
This game is pathetic. I hate it. I can't believe that they titled as a FF installment I was mad...this game is like a disgrace

dappa
07-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I take it you didn't get into it then gackt, lol

It did take me a few days to get into it but it was more or less real time final fantasy.
You have the same enemies you would get in any other fantasy.

I found some levels really annoying on their third cycle cause the bosses would evolve and start dishing out some really punishing attacks to your character.

I have never played multiplayer but hear its alot more fun trying to help each other to survive than 1 player.

Gackt Camui
07-06-2007, 10:57 AM
No, I didn't get into. And its not like I didn't give it a chance either. I played it, got so far and got fed up with it and brought it back to the video store. But I rerented it 2 other times after that. And still wanted to puke. The game is lame.

Phoenix Flame
07-20-2007, 04:34 AM
I've never played it - but would like to after reading some of the commentary here. What about for the GBA/DS...I assume it's been remade :confused:

I think I would only play it if I could get at least one other person w/wi-fi to play with me...preferrably two. Zero - you a taker? :p

dappa
07-29-2007, 01:09 PM
There is no remake of it for the ds but there is supposed to be a sequel for it on the Wii and the Ds though details are scetchy at the moment.

From what I've heard crystal chronicles is alot easier when played multiplayer whereas on one player you only have mog alongside you to help

carlosoto96
08-01-2007, 11:46 AM
i have only played it with multiplayers its no fun without everyone. i never beat it :(

Seyluv
08-01-2007, 07:21 PM
I hate it because it takes too much memory and the story really isn't that great.

dappa
08-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Its not really a game though which focuses on characters, but more on survival

Phoenix Flame
08-03-2007, 04:15 AM
I like survival :)

So I'm a little confused (and lazy, evidently.) :p

I assume you can play with a DS...right? Can you play multiplayer using the DS's Wi-Fi capability also? Maybe I should just check into this when I go into a gamestop next time or something. :confused:

dappa
08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
You need game boy advances and the special cables to play multiplayer. But those cables are like gold dust now. I never see them in shops no more.

Phoenix Flame
08-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Hmmm....there's always e-bay. = D

But do they HAVE to be GBAs? I'm guessing that (as long as the cables are compatable) it works for the DS...too??? :confused:

dappa
08-04-2007, 08:58 AM
I cant see any reason why not? If the cable fits in a gba it should work on a ds too.

I hate the whole setup really. I dont know why they didn't utilise four control pads plugged into the gamecube like other multiplayer games though I understand the logic behind it. Its so costly

Phoenix Flame
08-04-2007, 09:59 AM
You said it... just another way for Nintendo to sell more units. *sighs*

Gackt Camui
08-08-2007, 08:36 PM
They are doing a sequel...oh thats it for me. I won't play it. What is this world coming to?

Phoenix Flame
08-17-2007, 07:46 AM
From what I hear, the sequel is supposed to be much-improved over the original...still TONS better multiplayer though...and its for the DS...Yeaaa! = D

dappa
08-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Dont forget the Wii version. Its called the crystal bearers. I hear the battle system has been overhauled too.

Phoenix Flame
08-18-2007, 12:55 AM
-_-; Not interested in the Wii. Thanks though.

Marius
08-24-2007, 09:19 PM
heck i never beat it im thinkin of staring a new game on it. so i can start from scratch n try to finally complete it. the multiplayer mode on it is rly cool.

Hydra
08-24-2007, 09:46 PM
I gave up on the thing in the desert, actually.

I might go rent an old copy, or just wait for the one for the Wii to come out.

Marius
08-25-2007, 05:05 AM
we have a wii also. n 4 some odd reason im interested in buying the game 4 that system as well..i hope its multiplayer mode is even more fun than the last one.

dappa
08-25-2007, 11:10 AM
what i quite enjoyed enjoyed about this game is you really have to take notice of what people are saying in this game or you'll never figure out how to reach that final section.