PDA

View Full Version : Spamalot

FFnut
02-23-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm off to the city to see the new Monty Python play SPAMALOT - based on Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Any other Monty Python fans here? I'll be sure to give you a rundown on how good the play is when I get back.

ShadowHeart
02-23-2005, 01:32 PM
I love the Monty Python movies (Life of Brian and The Quest for the Holy Grail).. I haven't seen much of them other than the movies, except for this documentary thingie about them that showed parts from their shows through the years and stuff. I'm not a hardcore fan or anything, but I love the movies. They are great :P

Gumdrop
02-23-2005, 03:01 PM
I like it, but the only one I've seen in recent years is the Holy Grail.

FFnut
02-23-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm back...

It's almost exactly like Holy Grail... same basic plotline, but it's a musical and they've added quite a few things. We actually get to see the Lady Of The Lake (who gave Arthur the sword) and some of the new songs are actually very good (including "The Song That Goes Like This" and "You Won't Succeed On Broadway"). Of course, the best song that wasn't originally in Holy Grail was "Bright Side Of Life" from Life Of Brian. It's really good and if any of you can see it I really recommend it.

Avathar
12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
i'm the hardcore monthy python fan :D

well, i'm glad that the musical turned out to be good, ffnut.