jessek705
03-04-2006, 06:55 PM
what is your fastest time to b FF7?

although this being the reason ive been gone so long :p

my game play time was 6:48 :eek: no resets

ive been playing a bunch of other games aswell ;) Quake 4, Civ IV, COD2, ect :D

Zeromus_X
03-04-2006, 08:08 PM
I find it very hard to believe that you completed FFVII in under 7 hours, unless you made a typo. FFVII definitely isn't the hardest FF, but you still aren't completing it in under 10 hours.

As for me, I believe I got about 30 hours on my fastest time.

ShadowHeart
03-05-2006, 03:46 AM
FF7 is not completable in under 7 hours afaik. There is a speed run FAQ at GameFAQs. The fastest time they have completed the game there is 8:39 at the final save point, and that's with tons of resets. And keep in mind these guys have done tons of research and testing to get to that point. The latest version of the FAQ was released on Jan 30th (little over a month ago) and they say when the next version is out on April, they'll have managed to cut the times dramatically due to lots of new strategies being found, but unless you are part of that very group of players or the author himself, I doubt you somehow randomly thought of strategies and managed to get a run 50% faster than their fastest time so far. This is also all involving resetting when you get into a random battle where you are unable to escape instantly (if all enemies get a chance to hit you before you can escape), however!

So I'm very sceptical about your 6:48 time. Take a screenshot (or picture of the TV while showing the load screen) and we'll see.

Personally, my fastest time was ~25-26 hours, but haven't really done a true speed run yet.

darkmajinvegeta
03-05-2006, 10:20 AM
my was 7:46

darkmajinvegeta
03-05-2006, 10:21 AM
my original time was 30 hours and ca 57 minutes

jessek705
03-05-2006, 11:40 AM
I never said i did all the side things... just anything important to finish off the game but, i should atleast go kill ultamite weapon...stupid thing to skip but i like the ragnorok better anyway:p

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/jessek705/under7hourspeedrun1.jpg

takes me approximately 20mins from the save point (time is likely to be 6:52 not 6:48)

Link to Screenshot (http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/jessek705/under7hourspeedrun1.jpg)

ANother thingabout my run is i got lucky and didnt get caught with alot of side battles in the early stages of the game (luck really) but it did help keep my time down

Avathar
03-05-2006, 02:40 PM
:) :) :) :D Big applause for Jessek :D :) :) :)

*Checking my fastest time.....although i never intentially played it that way..............
*38 hours and 3 minutes :D

Zeromus_X
03-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, okay then. That is the PC version, so... I'm still a bit skeptical. But if you did indeed accomplish that, then congratulations! :)

jessek705
03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
thanks folks :) i know it is a bit hard to believe, but like i said before i didnt get into alot of side battles which is indeed luck because i dont have an enemy away materia ;) (sure wish i did though)

but i wanna keep this thread open for others. no shame in how long it took you. it take alot more time when u take your time through the game and enjoy it for what it really is :D

darkmajinvegeta
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
wow you are fast on that game!!

Tiny Bronco
03-06-2006, 05:56 PM
My fastest time was 64:27!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

You can't rush perfection. I like to level up a lot.

ShadowHeart
03-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Q: I don't have a PS. Can I use the PC version for this challenge as well?

A: Yes, you can, but take note that the PC version is WAY faster than the PS version. Even thought the clock is correct in it, you'll have no problem beating my times. It could depend on how fast your PC is as well, but I'm not sure. Well, you're free to use the PC version, but you have to make sure you play at low resolution. According to lolo26, 60 seconds on the clock will actually be 145 if you play on high resolution. I don't want any emails from people saying they've made it in 4 hours... :p
So the PC version is way faster than the PS version, so your times aren't really comparable to PS times. I'm not trying to take away any credit for you, the time just seemed suspiciously low so I had to make sure if there were any differences in that aspect between PC and PS. I challenge you to get anywhere CLOSE to that time on PS ;) Still, very nice times, I'm impressed, but after reading that particular part of the Speed FAQ I'm not as impressed as if it had been on a PS :)

Tiny Bronco
03-06-2006, 06:46 PM
I never though that the PC version was that different. Interesting...
I wonder what else you can do in it.

jessek705
03-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Yes this is news they seem to be the exact same game no faster....i should try to get a comparable time on the PS sometime, but probably wont happen for a while i got about 10 games i wanna finish before that ;) unfortunatley none are of the FF series but oh well. :D

Tiny Bronco
03-06-2006, 07:00 PM
It makes sense though. PCs with all that extra RAM, newer memory sticks(make computers a lot faster. not more memory space.), Actual prossesors. There is no way the a PS could compare to even old computers. I just never though it would exceed the games own limitations. Thats pretty cool.

ShadowHeart
03-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Apparently so. In the same Speed FAQ their record time is 8:39 on a PS, but they state in the beginning that they can push it quite a bit more thanks to some new discoveries that will be in the next update. Probably ~7-8 hours is the lowest you can go there if the new discoveries are as dramatical as they make it sound like, but I'm just guessing.

LoneWolf
03-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow, some awesome times i see here. Mines somewhere i think above 60+ hours but never really tried a speed run, will get back on that if i do one anytime soon.

Sephiroth Reborn
04-13-2006, 10:18 PM
My fastest time ever was 31 hours. I always take the time to level up. Some people say I'm obsessed.
I haven't really tried the speed run but I doubt it would be anywhere close to 6:31.

gcarev10
04-19-2006, 06:38 PM
And of cors u dan all things in the game i am saying that coz i am stock with golg chocobo and i can fin wonderfull chocobo to meat ho with black chocobo to have gold 1.Why?
I wont Odin materia so that is that.

Sephiroth_ette
04-21-2006, 11:09 PM
I don't remeber my fastest time, but It was probably along the lines of my slowest time. 98 hours and 43 minutes. i did abosolutly EVERYTHING and I like to be so strong I can just flick my finger and whoop all them bosses asses! Plus kill Sephiroth easily. (not that I enjoyed killling the coolest character in the entire series of final fantasy!) Then there are always Ruby and emerald weapons.

Wezzy
04-22-2006, 10:10 AM
My first time i completed it was about 65-70hours, then i tried doing everything and did it in 110hours+ i think, and the one i'm doing now i'm on 57 minutes BIG WOW....shame i'm only just out of the first reactor...

sorryyoulost
05-09-2006, 12:07 AM
I got one in bout 4:30ish but i did just happen to use a gameshark.......I also got a 99:59 once, although it is more like 220:00. I got all my materia mastered, level 99 everyone, limit breaks, beat both weapons, all side quests, spent buot 50 hours trying to beat the fiteing game in gold saucer, finaly beat the 4th guy.....god that was hard....DONT ASK CAUSE I DONT KNOW!

SethirothVII
05-10-2006, 02:51 PM
mmm cant remeber but i dont think you did it under 7 hours especially if you need everything on it i challenge you to start from the start and dont use a memory card and dont get a glodne chocobo or knights of the round and only use clouds ultima weapon.

gcarev10
05-10-2006, 05:00 PM
last time iwas play this game it was 70 + h but i was not dan all thing in the game and dont have all materia , batle with all wapon and ect...

sorryyoulost
05-10-2006, 07:55 PM
I went shazoom through it. I used No encounters, level 99 charachters, all materia mastered, No movies, and invincibility. I didnt do any side quests of any sort. Didnt die (obviously). All of those things are complements of GS :D :D :D

gcarev10
05-16-2006, 06:34 PM
this is stupid say somthing els i am in bad mood now.

Avathar
05-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Hm........... could you reset the time with a Gameshark code? :D

Spirit
06-27-2006, 03:20 PM
My fastest time was 30:02.

ChocoboMan
06-29-2006, 02:11 AM
a couple weeks

Dark Cloud
07-09-2006, 06:30 PM
all the people that done it in 30 and below hours are MAD i done it in like 200 hours getting every weapon, training like mad and got every summon and beating those ruby and saphire monsters. phew. OMD

Greendragon
07-11-2006, 12:10 AM
well having beat the game only twice..id have to say my PERSONAL fastest time was...96:12, because both times i trained three chars to lvl 99 and got as many materia as possible, bred gold chocobo's etc. etc. my first time was somewhere around 120 hours. lol im slow. (and thorough) =)