PDA

View Full Version : Drakengard OR The Idiots At GameStop

FFnut
03-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Okay, let me begin by saying that I did not know that Drakengard was given an "M" by the ESRB before buying it.

I went to GameStop the other day to go buy a video game - either Drakengard or Full Metal Alchemist, depending on what they had. I go to the store, and even though they had both, I didn't bring enough money to afford Full Metal Alchemist, so I bought Drakengard instead.

I bring it up to the counter, the guy rings it up, gives me the game, I pay and leave.

Outside I take a look at the box and notice that it's rated "M" by the ESRB. M as in Mature. As in seventeen years or older. We've already established that I'm only fifteen. Those idiots sold it to me without as much as "Are you seventeen?"

As for the game itself, it's great. It's a little bloody for a Square game (read: the enemies bleed like they have hemophilia) but the ability to fly on a dragon is awesome, and the voice acting is excellent. The missions can get rather boring and tedious sometimes, especially the aerial missions, but the story more than makes up for it. If you're old enough to get it (which, technically, is everyone on this board except for me, but I got it anyway so :p ) I highly recommend it.

ShadowHeart
03-02-2005, 03:55 AM
I'm not saying that you did anything wrong, but it annoys me when ppl in stores sells games to ppl without even asking how old they are. The ratings are there for a reason.. and I'm one that supports them.

Anyway.. either the guy was just lazy or didn't care.. or you *looked* 17+. You should take it as latter and be happy :)

Gumdrop
03-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Well its a good thing and a bad thing realy, they should ask for your age, you could be corrupted by all the violance your not old enough to see,lol, but its good becuse you got your game ;) I got several games befor I was old enough ^^;;

ShadowHeart
03-02-2005, 08:21 AM
In Sweden we didn't even have ratings on games until I was already over 18, at which point I could buy any game I wanted anyway.

darkmajinvegeta
03-04-2006, 10:43 AM
very boring game warning kills its so boring you die if you play it warning!!!