PDA

View Full Version : Evil Wall help please

Lyde Lyde
03-19-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm, currently stuck in the underground cave where you pick up the dark, I need a strategy to beat that tough wall am I supposed to fight it or run away from the batlle since that just makes more since, I'll appreciate your help.

Zeromus_X
03-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Yay!! Someone's playing FFIV! :D I'll be glad to help.

Okay, this strategy requires that Rydia knows Bio/Virus, and Rosa knows Haste and Berserk.

Rosa should Haste and Berserk Cecil and Kain, and if you have any Bacchus' Wines or Hermes' Shoes (it depends on what version you have.), have them use those on themselves first (Cecil and Kain.) Do not Berserk Edge, though Hasting him would help. He should throw stars and whatever else uneccessary weapons you don't use anymore at the wall. And finally, Rydia should cast Bio (Called 'Virus' in the NA SNES version.) to poison the wall. (This helps tremendously.) You'd be surprised how much damage hasted-berserked fighters do :p After Rydia uses Bio, she should keep on summoning Titan, or if you got it yet, Leviathan. The reason you don't berserk Edge is so he can use items if anyone dies/ runs out of MP/ etc. After Rosa enchants the fighters, have her heal when neccessary.

Hope that helps! Evil Wall can be a pain, especially on HardType. (What version are you playing anyway? :))

Edit: Although it's harsh, if you don't have those spells I mentioned, go outside and train, or kill off any Trap Doors you didn't kill. (Since every door there is one anyway :p) These spells are very useful. (For that point in the game.)

LoneWolf
03-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Basically same strategy i used zeromus except i had kain use the avenger sword and just hasted him. But your way works also and haste is practically a must.

richboywonder
07-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Demon Wall
\==========/

HP - 28000
Strength - 84
Defense - 3
Magic - 79
Magic Defense - 29
Gil - 8000
Experience - 23000
Treasure - None
Type - None

Battle Stradegy: This wall will get closer and closer and when it does it'll
kill off your team so act quickly and fast! Cecil should
attack it physically and Edge should throw weapons. Have Rosa
cast Berserk and Haste on everybody and also heal when needed.
Have Rydia summon Leviathan every single round.

Difficulty: 5/10

================================================== ============================

After that battle, it's time for you to exit the Sealed Cavern. Use the same
route you took to come in to get out. At the final room, the entrance room
shall we say, a cutscene occurs.

ChocoboMan
07-14-2006, 05:42 PM
All you gotta do is get Cecil to attack the wall every other turn, then have Rydia cast Bio/Virus, then have Edge throw stars, and lets not forget about Rosa have her heal when nessesary if she is not healing have her cast haste on Cecil and Kain just keep doing those things and it will eventually be over, the demon wall is not that hard when you think about it.

richboywonder
07-15-2006, 06:51 PM
he was waaaaaaaay easy i didn't even have to heal.

ultimate vivi
01-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Cecil attacks so does kain and edge
Rosa haste on everybody else and slow on the wall
Rydia bio summons take to long

dappa
01-26-2007, 09:49 AM
For me all I did was have kain jumping at every opportunity, cecil attacking and rosa healing and rydia using offensive spells and summons. Edge was throwing everything he could.

I had high levels when I fought this boss so I suppose it helps to be at high levels.

Katastrofik
04-09-2007, 08:37 PM
better get edge to throw some weapons lol.

i didn't like sacrificing good weapons tho..

jedi geoff
04-11-2007, 04:38 AM
i just fought (and beat easily) this thing about a day ago.....

Xartex
04-12-2007, 04:32 AM
I beat him with just pounding him with attacks (no thowing) did not feel like I needed it ;) and the had rydia cast Bio ofc and rosa healing or aiming when she could, pretty easy actually, but I did have pretty high levels I think

jedi geoff
04-13-2007, 12:16 AM
have rydia summon titan, he will do like 2500 damage i think.....

to get some decent exp in this cave fight the assualt doors/trap doors for good exp. I got really strong fighting everyone of them in the cave

dappa
06-04-2007, 07:25 PM
to get some decent exp in this cave fight the assualt doors/trap doors for good exp. I got really strong fighting everyone of them in the cave

Them pesky trap doors.....They are so quick and almost always waste one member of your party before you can do the same to them.

If your quick enough use an item which grants reflect on the character the trap door has targeted and the trap doors own death spell will be reflected at it killing it instantly

Winterkill
06-07-2007, 02:36 PM
I had Kain jump at every opportunity, Cecil attacking, Rosa healing when needed, Rydia casting spells and Summons and Edge just attacking...didn't really need to throw anything. It does help to be at higher levels, so if your party's kinda weak, run around and level up a few levels and that should help.