PDA

View Full Version : Sadness......

Avathar
03-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Which FFVI-character has the saddest history with him/her?

I'ld go with Cyan O_o it's just horrific how he lost literally EVERYTHING :(

:rolleyes: and i actually felt sorry for Ultros when he found out he's just an ordinary octopus :D :) :o

Zeromus_X
03-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Gau. I think he has the saddest story, at any rate.

Lucavi86
03-26-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm not sure if I can think of one that is the saddest. I'm playing FF4 and Rydia's story is pretty sad I think.

Avathar
03-26-2006, 07:13 AM
Offcourse the story about Gau and his father's also tremendously sad...but both Gau and his father didn't realize the emotional problem that hard :( so that's why i think Cyan had a much harder time processing.

Zeromus_X
03-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I'd imagine seeing your people, family, and ruler dying painfully can really mess up a person.

LoneWolf
03-27-2006, 09:52 AM
I'd have to say locke, I just couldn't imagine losing a loved one and managing to find a way to bring her back to life just to see her die again. (Even though it helps him alot)

Spiff
04-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Cyan, he couldn't save his loved ones and even saw them leaving on the dead train. Plus being the lone survivor of Doma.

Sephiroth v.2
05-27-2006, 11:31 AM
i think cyan to see a whole kingdom die most be sad.... and then se them leave on that train...

simi87
05-28-2006, 02:26 AM
i think is cyan but also locke and setzer have sad stories

Edit: I forget about Terra - she is used to kill people!

Mod Edit: Please do not double post - the edit button is there for a reason. Please use it. TY!

Phoenix Flame
11-25-2006, 10:24 AM
I agree w/Ava.

Cyan, what a cruel existence.

I would either have drank the poison, or would have pursued Kefka out of vengance...then drink the poison :p

dappa
12-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Shadow is a tortured soul too. He commits suicide.

Cyan probably has the most tragic story. Followed by locke.

Zeromus_X
12-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Having played FFVI at least three times since the last time I posted here, I'm going to have to decide on Cayenne for my saddest character development. Just, after going through the whole dream world thing, and hearing him talk to his wife and son in the flashbacks, and the Phantom Train, and ugh. That's just really heart-renching.

Gau, Tina, and Lock all have pretty sad stories too.

Phoenix Flame
12-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes, but Gau doesn't really know what he's missing...right? He met his father, but didn't know him most of his life. That's not really tragic if you ask me.

Then again, the poor kid wound up like a wild animal...but hell, at least he got his oats... :D

Spec Highwind
12-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Locke... or Cyan... or Celes... or Terra... or Gau... or Setzer... gah >.< I can't choose... I like them all, and they're all sad.

Rupert
01-30-2007, 03:06 AM
id say setzer
because
he has the worst abilites in the game
lolzzzzz

jedi geoff
01-31-2007, 06:00 AM
yeh yeh cyan has a sad time. BUT

i reckon edgar must be sad, since his parents die and then he has to do everything in the land, while sabins goes off and has fun. :(

shadows life must suck, seeing his friend beg for him to kill him must have really screwed him up.....

gau's life isnt sad, cuz he doesnt really understand about his parents and all.

gogo's life has to have something messed up with it.
i mean you dont just decide one day ur gunna have no sex, (no gender)
and sit in a cave all day, mimicing anything that comes around

Phoenix Flame
07-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Played through it again and the two saddest parts for me (with the new translation in VI-A) are when Cyan sees Elayne and Owain board the Phantom Train, and when Locke brings Rachel back for one final moment together. *;_;*

FinaLMooNLighT
07-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Terra I suppose..Think about it...One day you've woken and you're an 18year old girl and been used as a weapon with no soul in your body....Followed by Setzer..I don't think Locke's story is sad at all. If Locke could just forget and stop clinging to Rachel the whole melodrama wouldn't happen.

CiD
07-19-2007, 12:15 PM
well, say one story that isnt tradical in that game... All of the characthers life is screwed up, thats one of the things that make this game overshine all others.. You get a chanse to fix all those sad souls. And when you read all quotes before the Kefka Battle its so awesome that you did that... Its like a spiritband...

Btw if i should pick one i would pick Shadows, had a gasping moment in all of his dreams.

Phoenix Flame
07-20-2007, 05:01 AM
I don't think Locke's story is sad at all. If Locke could just forget and stop clinging to Rachel the whole melodrama wouldn't happen.

o_O I'm taking it you've never been in love? Or never 'loved and lost'?

...just a guess.

It can be heartwrenching....or it can spurn growth. Locke wasn't able to grow because after Rachel passed he could only think of his promise - he was supposed to keep her safe, but - in the end, did nothing because she had amnesia and wanted nothing to do with him. He thought it best to leave, only to find out she died a short while later.

He couldn't just forget - much like he couldn't forget his promise to Celes. Allthough Edgar remembered "Locke, THAT again?" what it was like for him because they were close...he never said, "Locke, why don't you get your ;cen together, pull yourself up by your own bootstraps and go on w/your life." - at least during gameplay.

Albeit I DO agree that Terra is RLY high on the 'tragical' scale...being tormented by past memories, 'what-ifs' and an overwhelming sense of helplessness for YEARS took its tole on Locke: all the while searching for something to restore his lost love one. ;-;

dappa
07-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Its sad that the rebirth flames from the phoenix wont restore rachel for locke but will do it for your parties characters.

Heartless Angel
11-12-2009, 10:57 PM
This is a hard choice, but I'll go with Cyan, having lost everything by Kefka, and a horrible way at that, poisoning is just barbaric.

Shadow, I believe is the only FF character to kill themselves... plus his friend begging him to kill him only to leave him must have weighed heavy on him... at least he had a dog. :)

Locke's was sad, but he fell in love with Celes afterwards so... meh.

Gau, just sad altogether, plus his dad sucks... denial ftw.

Terra's is also sad, but she redeems herself better than the rest of the characters, plus being the only one of your kind has got to be emotional devastating. (Half Human, Half Esper)

MaraShylaStewart
04-29-2010, 08:11 AM
this was so bad