PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Dragoon

LoneWolf
03-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Couldn't find a post about it so made one. Tell everyone what ya think about it or anything else ya wanna say about it. I personally thought it was a great game.

ShadowHeart
03-29-2006, 01:25 PM
A good game overall, but way too linear and way too few options during battle. Attack, items and magic, with magic being something you basically only use during bossfights (because of the difficulty of reaching dragoon-state which is the only time you can use magic at all), and is not even all that it's cracked up to be always. Too little variation, in other words. And the enemies have at times laughably stupid names (such as "Run Fast", I mean, come on?) and way too poor design (they also look cuddly and colorful, while the game is meant to be serious). And the graphics for the overworld is horrendous. Seriously. It's all blurry and poor quality.

Despite all those complaints.. I have still greatly enjoyed the game. The story is good, and yes, the variation in battles is ridicolously poor (attack and heal, attack and heal, etc), but the fact that you always have to be on your toes and hit buttons during attack combos still makes battles fun or at least not as boring as they could have been. The insane linearity is an annoyance, but I can live with that, at least somewhat.

To sum things up.. a good game if you can look beyond the problems, but I've played better ones :)

EXVEEMON95
04-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Almost The Best Game I Have Ever Played!!

Everyone Should Try This Game

Avathar
04-01-2006, 07:45 AM
If you like Final Fantasy and/or D&D, you'ld probably like this game very much :D and i liked it alot, although it got flaws, like Shadowheart mentioned, but i liked the story and the characters^^and in the end, that's what's most important in a game. ;)

ShadowHeart
04-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Sure.. but I have to say the linearity has frustrated me a lot in this game :)

Phoenix Flame
05-20-2007, 09:23 AM
I agree 100% with SH...all the way a good game, but I've played better.

Fawkes Lament
05-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah... A great game, but I lost a disc. And the save-game. I liked it!

clief101_
08-28-2007, 12:04 AM
u have to remember that this game was created at the same time as ffvii, also without the same funding as square-enix (squaresoft) had at the time...i thought the game was brilliant, i still play it...then fact that you had additions was a really great technique, and the cursor above your head telling you wehen u were about to go into battle was great... the story line was incredibly good with the input of dragoons and what not, with alot of twists in it too (who woudve thought that rose was the black monster??)...in my opinion, this game was just as good as FFVII

ThroneofDravaris
08-28-2007, 02:57 AM
Played about 5 hours of it so far. It seems alright, although nothing special. I'll probably continue with it at some point just because I have nothing better to do.