PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts a FF?

Lucavi86
03-30-2006, 04:28 AM
Do you consider Kingdom Hearts a Final Fantasy?
(Sorry for any typos or messed up grammar. Spring break = Sleep deprivation)

Zeromus_X
03-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Well, no, it's 'Kingdom Hearts'. :) It isn't an FF even if there are FF characters in it, they have different back-stories. (Kinda like the "Star System" concept, or all the different realities in comics, for and example.)

And KHII rocks! :P

Lucavi86
03-30-2006, 10:33 PM
I need to get KH2 really bad!! I need a new ps2 :(

Zeromus_X
03-31-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm going to get it tommorow. You should see the freaking strategy guide! It's huge! For a guide book anyway. I probably won't get it, I didn't use a guide the last time, so I hope I can get through this mammoth 2-DVD adventure just fine...hopefully. (I only used a guide for getting all 99 Dalmations and beating Sephiroth :P)

I reserved it, but couldn't pay it off with all this stuff I traded in, it kinda pisses me off that they would't give me so much money for them. I know they have to make a profit, but they wouldn't even give me half of the original price of the stuff I trade in. Kinda retarded if you ask me. It costs like $50 to buy it, -5 for reserving it, -10 for trading in KHI (I can get another for really cheap.), my dud copy of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (It freezes whenever you enter battle, but they don't need to know that...), Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith, and the entire freaking Star Wars Trilogy Box Set. I think that would pretty much cover it, but it still costs $30 after. Well, it would be $20, but I left the 'Extra Materials' DVD at home. Still, WTF. That's alot of stuff for just one item. The Trilogy would only take in $10 in trade, what the hell.

So, I'll just scrounge up more money without giving up my Trilogy. Kinda pisses me off though...or maybe it's the retribution for trying to trade in the dud SO3. Meh :D

Lucavi86
03-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Soon as I get paid and get a new ps2 I'm getting KH2. I saw a guy with the guide the other day and it pretty much made me drool. Must have.... I loved original KH, so I know I'll love this one too. It looks soooooo awesome! Soon as you get it let me know how you like it. :)

Avathar
03-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Disney meets Final Fantasy O_o............................................... .................................................. .......................... :D ODD :D

Lucavi86
04-01-2006, 05:23 AM
It is odd, but cool at the same time. I think KH2 will be more like the FF style. Must.....have....

Zeromus_X
04-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Why is it odd? Kingdom Hearts isn't 'Disney Style' or 'FF Style', it's 'Kingdom Hearts Style'. It incorporates elements from both things, but the story is its own.

And KHII is the epitome of awesomness. And it' s going to be a long game. (Which is a good thing :p) Hell, the introduction was about 3 hours long. So yeah, it should be a long game. In fact, advertisements I saw stated it would be 2 Discs long, although they must of managed to make it into one.

Avathar
04-01-2006, 07:42 AM
The thing that's so odd about it, is just: the many cameo's of different FF characters all together ^_- plus, i guess i don't like Disney computer games, so i'm against the idea that Final Fantasy and Disney would be fusioned together :D but that's just me!

Lucavi86
04-02-2006, 12:37 AM
I really liked KH. And KH2 is 2 DVDs long. I can't wait!! I know it will be awesome. It has Auron as a character from what I've seen. :D I'm just wondering if you'll be able to keep characters as you move worlds and not have to keep Goofy and Donald if you don't want to. It looks like you might :D

Zeromus_X
04-02-2006, 01:13 AM
The one I bought was one disc, though I know I saw advertisements stating "2 Discs, 4 times the adventure!" and other marketing jargon.

I'm pissed because my game keeps freezing whenever I talk to Yen Sid (Mickey's master, from Fantasia, and guess what his name is backwards. :p)

Oh my goodness, the battles are awesome. If you can play through the 3 hour long introduction (I'm not joking), you get to play as Sora again. It does recap what happened in the first game and Chain of Memories, so it isn't neccessary to play them, but it would help. (Knowing the story in CoM helps alot, but I never played that game.)

The most noticeable difference in gameplay is the reaction command and the drive system (which I haven't gotten to witness yet...). The reaction command appears whenever it's available (I don't know what causes it to appear) and you can press Triangle to use a special move. (And it's used alot in one of the first boss fights.) The drive system is where Sora can 'fuse' with Donald or Goofy. If he fuses with Goofy, it makes 'Proud Mode' ('Valor Mode') where Sora can weild two keyblades and his strength is increased. Donald creates 'Wisdom Mode', likewise for magic. There's also a form where you can fuse with Donald and Goofy to create a form that has the attributes of both Proud and Wisdom modes. (And don't worry, only Sora's clothes change when he drives. I'd hate to see him with a duck beak or dog ears...0.O;; ) If you Drive to often, you can turn into Anti Form, where Sora looks alot like a Heartless.

Granted, I only know this because I read about it, I still have to witness Drive myself. :P

Luis
04-03-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm with Avathar. It is not only odd, but incompatible (in my point of view, of course) ;)

Zeromus_X
04-03-2006, 09:31 PM
I don't see how they're incompatible, given KH's immense success.

Believe me, I was also skeptical when I heard about the combination, but if you guys actually play the game, I'm sure you'll like it better. (Or not, but the fact is that the KH series is pretty fun and enjoyable.) :)

But, on another note..

Where have you been Luis? It seems like a long time... :(

Lucavi86
04-04-2006, 01:18 AM
I friend of mine was going to come over and wave KH2 in my face casue he just got it, but I told him he probably woudn't leave with it if he brought it over :p The commercials keep taunting me :( I want it sooooo bad.

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 02:18 AM
I friend of mine was going to come over and wave KH2 in my face casue he just got it, but I told him he probably woudn't leave with it if he brought it over :p The commercials keep taunting me :( I want it sooooo bad.
Then I probably won't wave my spoilers out here then :D

Although...I really, really love Port Royal!! :p

Luis
04-04-2006, 06:22 AM
As I told you I'm very busy lately... I log in whenever I can... ;)
By the way, yesterday was my birthday...:p
Ok, that was only my point of view. I've not played KH very much.

Lucavi86
04-05-2006, 12:42 AM
I almost go it today! I thought this place had a ps2 with the hard drive on clearance for $50, so I thought i'd get that and KH2 and be happy. Turned out that is was just the hard drive :( I'm sad now, but I will get it! Its my next goal. Let me know how you like it Zeromus :)

Zeromus_X
04-05-2006, 12:59 AM
I almost go it today! I thought this place had a ps2 with the hard drive on clearance for $50, so I thought i'd get that and KH2 and be happy. Turned out that is was just the hard drive :( I'm sad now, but I will get it! Its my next goal. Let me know how you like it Zeromus :)

Oh, well, I've already gotten it! :p I just didn't want to rub it in, so I refrained from more details on the game :D Sorry bout that.

Well, when you do get KHII, try getting FFX, SO3, KHI, and all those other delicious PS2 rpgs. :) (They should be really cheap by now...)

Lucavi86
04-05-2006, 01:53 AM
I had a ps2 before, but I had to give it to someone cause I accidently broke theirs :( But I still have all my games, just need the system back. Donations welcome :p I Still have FFX, FFX-2, KH1, all the DMCs and others. I just ned KH2 now lol

Zeromus_X
04-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Yay! Now, buy Star Ocean: Till the End of Time...:P

But anyhoo, I guess I'm getting a little off-topic.. :p

Lucavi86
04-05-2006, 04:50 AM
lol I'll have to get that one too, I want KH2 first tho. :p