PDA

View Full Version : 99 warp spheres

Crazi
04-11-2006, 09:11 PM
ok, some of you may have done this, some of you may not, for thos who have .. who many hours did it take you to get them ... cuz it took me around .. hmm 3 hrs.lol

for thos of you who dont know about this..

location= Omega ruins

When travelling around the ruins you'll come across rooms with chests in, some will have 3 chests in some will have more ... but the idea is to open all the chests (12 in total i think) in the correct order,and once you open the last chest providing you've guessed it all right you'll recieve 99xwarp spheres :). But its not that simple, if you open a chest that throws you into battle the chests dissapear and the puzzle is lost .. so you have to reset and load you're game. :mad:

*Note* make sure you save you're game outside the ruins before you attempt this, and dont save once you've opend a chest either. for some reason that messes up the puzzle too.

ooo! also,a handy tip= armour with no encounters, i forget how to get this, but it is damn handy for this puzzle.

So send me you're thoughts on this beasty puzzle.thx

Zeromus_X
04-11-2006, 10:14 PM
I wondered what those chests were for, and I guesses as much that they have to be opened in the correct order. Too bad I've already gone and completed the Omega Ruins. :p Still, with the Tonberry trick, I don't really need Warp Spheres, so...:p

Have any idea on how to get 99 Power Spheres at once? xD

Crazi
04-11-2006, 10:23 PM
tonberry trick??? 0_o never heard of it .. tell me more =D

Zeromus_X
04-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Have the person you want to gain Sphere Levels have a Triple AP weapon, gained from killing the Arena Monster One-Eye. Eventually it'll drop them, try to get one for the character you want to level up, and try to have it have at least two other slots.

Put Triple Overdrive and AP->Overdrive on that weapon.

Now for the other two characters (most likely a physical attacker like Auron, Wakka, or Tidus), give them both armour with Auto-Phoenix and Auto-Haste. Maybe do the same with the leveling up character. Or hey, do all of this for all three, but you only need to level up one character at a time.

Now, set everyone's Overdrive mode to "Ally". Make sure to have 99 Phoenix Downs.

Go fight Don Tonberry in the Monster Arena in the Calm Lands. You should be able to do enough damage for at least 7,000 damage, that way you can actually kill it eventually. Have the two people you're not leveling up attack him, so Don Tonberry counter-attacks and kills them. They then should be revived with Auto-Phoenix. And thanks to Auto-Haste, you lose no turns!

Now, for how the trick works, you'll see that your people keep dying. That's a good thing, for this. Thanks to Overdrive->AP, you gain AP when your Overdrive gauge fills. Thanks to 'Comrade', it fills when your allies take damage. Thanks to Triple Overdrive and Triple AP, that's 9 x AP whenever the Don shanks one of your allies! :p

Eventually Don Tonberry will move in closer and just use Knife for 9,999 damage. Fear not, he can still only kill one person at a time, and if two of your people have Auto-Phoenix, you can't die. Keep attacking him until he dies, if you're doing a constant pattern of attacking anyway. After the battle, you should get a little over half a million AP.

I made Yuna a walking god, how 'bout you? ;)*

*Yeah, this trick makes leveling up a joke, but if you aren't a person with morals, it may not matter to you anyway.

Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Crazi
04-12-2006, 07:35 PM
omg, thats awesome, thx for that.. i'm not usually one for using these kind of things but i have a noob save ... i think i'll give it a go on that one. lmao i'm gonna pwn! :D

Yeyana
04-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Hmmm... I'll definately have to try that Tonberry thingy...
I already got the 99 warp orbs, though ^_^ Sometimes it just... ROCKS being an accidental genius.

Riki
05-14-2006, 08:32 PM
99 thats alot of speres

Phoenix Flame
07-29-2006, 10:56 AM
just curious...what version is this? US, PAL? I haven't tried it yet, but I have the US version... is the order random or is there a strategy for it somewhere?

Hydra
07-29-2006, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't try it if I were you.

Even with No Encounter Armor, the odds of getting it...are...well...I had to save and restart a LOT of times to get there.... Gamefaqs has an Odds chart of it, and I'm lucky it took even that long to get them. You just might want to make a free day and try at it. :D It may take from minutes to hours. o.0

I think it's in both versions. I know it's random for the US version.

Da Chink
07-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Have the person you want to gain Sphere Levels have a Triple AP weapon, gained from killing the Arena Monster One-Eye. Eventually it'll drop them, try to get one for the character you want to level up, and try to have it have at least two other slots.

Put Triple Overdrive and AP->Overdrive on that weapon.

Now for the other two characters (most likely a physical attacker like Auron, Wakka, or Tidus), give them both armour with Auto-Phoenix and Auto-Haste. Maybe do the same with the leveling up character. Or hey, do all of this for all three, but you only need to level up one character at a time.

Now, set everyone's Overdrive mode to "Ally". Make sure to have 99 Phoenix Downs.

Go fight Don Tonberry in the Monster Arena in the Calm Lands. You should be able to do enough damage for at least 7,000 damage, that way you can actually kill it eventually. Have the two people you're not leveling up attack him, so Don Tonberry counter-attacks and kills them. They then should be revived with Auto-Phoenix. And thanks to Auto-Haste, you lose no turns!

Now, for how the trick works, you'll see that your people keep dying. That's a good thing, for this. Thanks to Overdrive->AP, you gain AP when your Overdrive gauge fills. Thanks to 'Comrade', it fills when your allies take damage. Thanks to Triple Overdrive and Triple AP, that's 9 x AP whenever the Don shanks one of your allies! :p

Eventually Don Tonberry will move in closer and just use Knife for 9,999 damage. Fear not, he can still only kill one person at a time, and if two of your people have Auto-Phoenix, you can't die. Keep attacking him until he dies, if you're doing a constant pattern of attacking anyway. After the battle, you should get a little over half a million AP.

I made Yuna a walking god, how 'bout you? ;)*

*Yeah, this trick makes leveling up a joke, but if you aren't a person with morals, it may not matter to you anyway.

Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer.

or u can do it the ezier way..LAWL.
get wings of Discovery which u can bribe offa malboros running around in the Calm lands or jus bribe one in the monster arena and equip everyone in ur party with armor that has Dmg-AP, Auto-pheonix, Auto-haste.
Now jus go into the monster arena...to the area conquest and fight the Cactuar King :), just simply tease him with stupid atks like water (MY Favorite XD)
and eventually he will jus get uber mad and start shoveling 100,000 needles at ur face. and with this strategy which the King will start throwing them fearlessly when he is hitting cirtical HP u get 100,000 points of AP for every Dmg done in battle...and doing this i got everyones spheregrid complete :D

Zeromus_X
07-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Damage-AP? Whoa, what is this? Is it in the US version? I'm going to check that out then!

Da Chink
07-29-2006, 11:03 PM
Indeed it IS in the US version :D you can try it out for yourself, the only problem is getting the Wings of Discovery but afterwards its WAY ez lvling ;)

Phoenix Flame
08-01-2006, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't try it if I were you.

Even with No Encounter Armor, the odds of getting it...are...well...I had to save and restart a LOT of times to get there.... Gamefaqs has an Odds chart of it, and I'm lucky it took even that long to get them. You just might want to make a free day and try at it. :D It may take from minutes to hours. o.0

I think it's in both versions. I know it's random for the US version.

Hydra...or anyone for that matter, do you know if you can open a chest, run and save, open another chest, run and save...etc. until you get the spheres?

I never knew about this and I've been looking online for something about it, but alas...maybe I'll try gamefaqs. ----------> fingers glide to mouse as I click off.>
:D :p

Da Chink
08-02-2006, 12:08 AM
u cant save or the puzzle becomes void...u have to get all the chest in the right order without saving.

Phoenix Flame
08-03-2006, 12:47 AM
WOW!!!!!!

That's rough! Are there any other cool items on the way to opening up the last one to get the warp spheres? - <please say dark matters, please say dark matters> :D

How much (gil) do the spheres net anyway? If you sell them, you don't get like 1 gil a pop do you???

Hydra
08-03-2006, 03:44 AM
Hydra...or anyone for that matter, do you know if you can open a chest, run and save, open another chest, run and save...etc. until you get the spheres?

I never knew about this and I've been looking online for something about it, but alas...maybe I'll try gamefaqs. ----------> fingers glide to mouse as I click off.>
:D :p
Da_Chink's right. And even if you could, it's random each time. So, you might miss one and open the same one, and it won't work.

Anyway, there's a probability faq on Gamefaqs. And they're warp spheres. They sell for a bit. :D

Phoenix Flame
08-04-2006, 03:17 AM
omg, thats awesome, thx for that.. i'm not usually one for using these kind of things but i have a noob save ... i think i'll give it a go on that one. lmao i'm gonna pwn! :D

Umm...this may sound a little non-rpg gamerish, but what does noob stand for? :confused:

Avathar
08-04-2006, 07:23 AM
A noob is someone that thinks he knows a lot about games, but he really doesn't know much about it, apart from his own opinions about the games.

Hydra
08-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Or, a new person to the game. o.0 Hence the "new" sounding in noob.

Avathar
08-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Or, a new person to the game. o.0 Hence the "new" sounding in noob.

Wrong, that's a newbie you're talking about.

Da Chink
08-04-2006, 07:43 PM
and there are many spin-offs that come from both...choob, Pewb, nub, etc...
but this what we consider leet speak and has nothing to do with this topic :-/

i have no idea why sumone would say they have a noob file for the Us version of this small side game :-/

Hydra
08-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Wrong, that's a newbie you're talking about.
Oh, right. Forgot. Sorry. XD

Anyway, I attempted it today. :D And didn't do too well. Saved, then opened three chests. Had to do it again..and again..and again... lol, I probably won't bother with it.

Da Chink
08-04-2006, 08:09 PM
its boring...takes to many tries.. best left alone....dont really need the money.
Never needed warp spheres...and im pretty sure u can bribe them from master tonberry

Phoenix Flame
08-05-2006, 02:42 AM
its boring...takes to many tries.. best left alone....dont really need the money.
Never needed warp spheres...and im pretty sure u can bribe them from master tonberry

But that TAKES gil...and if you are in the bribing business...would take a LOT of it! I'll try a few times (just to say I gave it a whirl.)

Right now, I'm in Mt. Gagazet capturing (Seymour was way too easy after fighting for at least 2 hours in the calm lands and about that in the Sunken Cavern and an hour on Mt. Gagazet.) So I'm just slowly making my way to Zanarkand fer now :D

After i get the airship though - you can bet where I'm going!

BTW...I found out more info. on the items/equipment you can get by doing this difficult task of opening all 12 of the chests...here they are!
1 Chest Opened - Lv.4 Key Sphere x1
2 Chest Opened - Defending Bracer x1
3 Chest Opened - Turnover x1
4 Chest Opened - Lv.3 Key Sphere x2
5 Chest Opened - Defending Armlet x1
6 Chest Opened - Friend Sphere x2
7 Chest Opened - Lv.4 Key Sphere x1
8 Chest Opened - Phantom Ring x1
9 Chest Opened - Cactuar Wizard x1
10 Chest Opened - Warmonger x1
11 Chest Opened - Teleport Sphere x2
12 Chest Opened - Warp Sphere x99

Well, uh...there you have it!

Phoenix Flame
08-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Damn! I must have opened the chests east of the save point and then later saved cause I only found 10 chests (plus the teleport sphere after you activate the glyph.) Guess I'll have to wait till the next time I play through....in another 3 years! :(

Sagensyg
08-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Lol. You need Gil in FFX? Let alone Warp Spheres. I haven't had a single money problem since my first play-through,and I turned most of my characters into Demi-Gods the right way. (Yeah finally finished the entire Grid with Yuna, Tidus, and Auron.\/\/00t!)

chocobo
08-11-2006, 07:58 AM
I got 10 once!!

Hydra
08-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Go you! :D

It takes luck to get up to five, let alone ten.

chocobo
08-11-2006, 02:58 PM
theres actually a trick to it.
I can't remember how but it's something like this:
Equip no ecounter armour.
Go to first chest and open it at 6 or so secs after waiting there.
Then every 2 secs before you open a chesty lol
wait
not sure thats how to do it but it's something like that

Hydra
08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Well, No Encounter armor is a start. :D But, there IS a statistic faq on Gamefaqs on how to open all of the chests. Well, there WAS. Either way, I think it's luck. =D

darkshadow2247
08-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Lol. You need Gil in FFX? Let alone Warp Spheres. I haven't had a single money problem since my first play-through,and I turned most of my characters into Demi-Gods the right way. (Yeah finally finished the entire Grid with Yuna, Tidus, and Auron.\/\/00t!)
I never understood the point in trying to complete the SG with characters. I guess it's just a goal to complete? I haven't the patients. Kudos to anyone that does

chocobo
08-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Dosn't matter anyway once you go around the grid just get teleport spheres from the mushroom guy in monster arena.

Phoenix Flame
08-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Well I got 7 chests before I realized there where only ten friggin chests!!! :mad:
Oh well...Thanks for the help mates.

Just completing it isn't enough for some hard-core <insane> FF fans. They have to stat-max.
I'm going for a game with 255 str, def, mag., 200 mag. def., agility, evasion, 150 accuracy, 100 luck and 99,999 hp...only need about 100 magic points as all my characters have break damage limit for their uber-weapons. :D

darkshadow2247
08-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Well I got 7 chests before I realized there where only ten friggin chests!!! :mad:
Oh well...Thanks for the help mates.

Just completing it isn't enough for some hard-core <insane> FF fans. They have to stat-max.
I'm going for a game with 255 str, def, mag., 200 mag. def., agility, evasion, 150 accuracy, 100 luck and 99,999 hp...only need about 100 magic points as all my characters have break damage limit for their uber-weapons. :D
Like I said, you guys have a lot of patients. lawl

Zeromus_X
08-12-2006, 02:45 PM
The stat maxing wouldn't take too long with the trick Da Chink mentioned, but getting all those power spheres...:/

chocobo
08-13-2006, 09:49 AM
thats easy use power distiller on that ogre guy in monster arena

Phoenix Flame
08-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Kottos...you get 40 of em for an overkill.

Or two - depending on if he was going to drop 2 Dark matter instead of 40 Healing springs/Power spheres (with a power distiller of course!)

P.S. If you decide to go for the healing springs you can customize armors for sos regen which nets quite a bit of gil!

Hydra
08-14-2006, 10:08 PM
The stat maxing wouldn't take too long with the trick Da Chink mentioned, but getting all those power spheres...:/
Pssst..

If I do recall right, and correct me if I'm wrong most likely, but don't Snow Wolf enemies always drop Power Spheres?

Or, what reasoniamalive said.

Oh, and I tried the chest challenge again, lol. Only got eight. =(

Phoenix Flame
08-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah - well that's better than my 7. Like I said though, if all 12 were there when I attempted it I would have stayed till I got em... and by the way: warp spheres only net 200 gil when you sell em. So it's not that vital (or financially profitable) to get 99 of em.

Hydra
08-15-2006, 11:07 AM
True, and that's only like, 19,800 gil?

You can get a bit more than that with a lot of battles, lol.

Phoenix Flame
08-15-2006, 12:04 PM
It would, however, take a TON of gil to steal them from Nemesis! He's like 25k a pop to fight (although you could, in theory, steal several from him before he wipes the floor with you - or you beat him.)

Hydra
08-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Psssstt..

If you never sent..erm..I'll call her, The Unsent Summoner(can't remember the name), repeatedly fight Yojimbo in Remiem Temple. You get ten, each and every time you beat him, after the first time.

Phoenix Flame
08-17-2006, 03:42 AM
Not bad...but if you are leveled up enough Kottos is the better play @ 40 a pop as long as you use the power distiller. Good for the rest of them too.

By the way Zeromus_X - I just tried the trick w/Rikku, Tidus and Wakka all w/ Overdrive------>AP, Triple OD and Triple AP and got 99, 96 and 96 sphere levels in one crack fighting Don Tonberry...Used up more Speed spheres than anything else. (Since I already had 9999 hp with all my characters I just bypassed the HP+ spheres until I get more clear spheres to wipe em off the board to put down HP+ 300 instead.) I'm also removing most of the MP+ spheres. Only keeping about 200 or so Mp on the grid because all my characters have the One MP auto ability built into their weapons...now if I can only come across a long forgotten bag of Dark Matters =D

Hydra
08-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Same with The Magus Sisters, if you hold off Yuna's Moon Sigil, they give you twelve everytime you beat them after the first time. You don't really need to be leveled with Anima either, so it's easy to get them.

Phoenix Flame
08-26-2006, 12:58 AM
K...well if the Kottos trick isn't good enough for you then I don't know what to say.

<Pouts>

When is XII coming out anyway?