PDA

View Full Version : The FINALS OF THE FINALS!!!

Max the Man
04-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Relm or Shadow? Please say that there is a winner. this one'll only last for a week.

Avathar
04-18-2006, 02:43 PM
:D I've said it before, but i'll say it again:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/buccobucco/kaocheer.gif R E L M http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/buccobucco/kaocheer.gif

Zeromus_X
04-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Relm-witten!!

Max the Man
04-18-2006, 10:11 PM
And Relm is in a huge lead!

ThroneofDravaris
04-19-2006, 03:54 AM
Urgh, pitting two of the more useless characters in FFVI against each other...

I'll go with Shadow, simply because I prefer his character design.

Avathar
04-19-2006, 05:29 AM
Shadow useless? o_o

Relm, okay, she's not powerfull, altough a cool ability,

but Shadow useless?? :p

ThroneofDravaris
04-19-2006, 08:22 AM
When you size up 'throw' against abilities like Blitz, Swordtech, tools, morph, rage and hell even dance, Shadow is pretty sub-par.

Spiff
04-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Throw is an underrated ability. I'm going with Shadow.

Max the Man
04-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Urgh, pitting two of the more useless characters in FFVI against each other...

I'll go with Shadow, simply because I prefer his character design.
That's who you guys voted for, I can't help the facts.

Zeromus_X
04-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Excuse me, Throw, useless? Shadow useless? Maybe you need to buy more shuriken or something, throw is definitely not useless. (Or Shadow.) Relm may be one of the more not-so-useful characters, skill-wise. (And if you have the U.S. cartridge, you can screw up your game with sketch, but...) With the Cat Hood, Relm can have the third strongest magic in the game, next to Celes and Tina. (Which is really saying something.)

Anyway, Throw isn't useless. Shuriken are pennies, and you can get 99 of them when Shadow first joins you in Mash's scenario. Throw ignores defense, so it'll always do decent damage. Shadow has a very, very, monstrosly high evasion (or MBlock, whatever really decides evasion mechanically), and the added bonus of Interceptor to do extra damage while slipping out of harm's way. And with the Offering/Genji Glove relics, you can make him a savage beast.

Although I did find it ironic that Relm and Shadow were being pitted against eachother...:p

ThroneofDravaris
04-20-2006, 04:14 AM
Shadow outlives his usefulness pretty quickly. By the time I was on the floating continent, he was causing more damage with fire 2, an ability that any character can learn, than he was with either Interceptor or any of his throwing weapons (except a few of the more powerful ones, in which I had about 2).

I would rather give the Offering to a characters like Locke, who can actually equip some decent swords like Atma Weapon or the Ragnarok.

Zeromus_X
04-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, he's still not useless, far from that, although I can understand why someone would use another character instead of him. (Lock is great with the Valiant Knife!)

Fira is definitely not as good as Throwing, unless his magic is really high or something. Throw never ceases to be useful, although it's definitely not the best ability of characters.

Avathar
04-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Let's see:

Terra: Morph
Locke: Steal/Capture
Edgar: Tools
Sabin: Blitz
Celes: Runic
Setzer: Slot/GP Rain
Shadow: Throw
Cyan: SwordTech
Gau: Leap/Rage
Mog: Dance
Strago: Lore
Relm: Sketch/Control
Gogo: Mimic
Umaro: Rage/Blizzard

Well, Mimic is all in one :p, so that's my favorite. ^^

Zeromus_X
04-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Yeah, and Gogo is pretty much every character in one...so, he just can't be useless. In fact, he'd probably be broken if only for the fact that he can't equip everything. :p

Max the Man
04-24-2006, 06:10 PM
tomorrow's the last day for the poll! And it looks like shadow's gonna win.

dappa
06-04-2007, 07:52 PM
I prefer shadow over relm for attacking. Relms sketch ability is pretty useless for attacking but I like the fact that she can sometimes raise an enemies attack that strago can watch and learn for his blue magic.

Gau can do it too.

Phoenix Flame
06-15-2007, 06:48 AM
If I had to pick a VI character for a *Most-useless* award...I'd definitely have to go with Gau...although you can get some very good rages - it takes far too-long to leap out n get em.

Next would be:

- Umaro w/Rage/blizzard
- Celes with Runic
- Strago w/Lore

...I was never really one for Blue magic. :p

dappa
06-15-2007, 07:35 PM
That was one of the most annoying things that square ever invented. The novelty of leap soon wears off. 255 rages to collect too.

The only really useless character is umaro followed by gau. I dont put gau in my party if its a boss battle.

If you wanna enhance your characters give em a merit award then your sorted then play a low level game til you have espers which grant massive bonuses at level up. Your characters will be gods more or less.