Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sephiroth OR Cloud (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1741)

Unknown Kaze 10-27-2006 12:49 PM

Re: Sephiroth OR Cloud

sephiroth was a powerhouse but in gameplay, Cloud would win cos as evyerone above me said, he is the good guy and cos all of Sephiroth's materia and magic was predetermined whereas Cloud's could be changed. But personally I would have preferred Sephiroth to win, cos he was seriously sick - both in a good AND bad way.

Cloud101 11-02-2006 12:07 PM

Yeah, your so right!

dappa 11-02-2006 03:00 PM

Sephiroth looks cool. But clouds get the vote for being able to do the omnislash.

But saying that you would think sephiroth's supernova attack would destroy all.

Yggdrasill 11-04-2006 04:16 PM

Since Cloud was only a Shinra-grunt in FFVII and he never really joined SOLDIER and he still beat Sephiroth, I'd said Cloud.
Cloud is physically stronger than Sephiroth, (you can easily tell because of the size of Cloud's sword) it's actually a surprise Sephiroth's sword doesn't snap after one clash of both swords.

Dark Cloud 11-05-2006 03:48 PM

i think cloud hes just more cool. sephi is just to evil but sum people like that aspect

Cloud101 11-07-2006 11:37 AM

Hang on a second, Sephiroth's MASAMUNE was10 feet long! Nobody on Earth could weild it properly!

dappa 11-07-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud101
Hang on a second, Sephiroth's MASAMUNE was10 feet long! Nobody on Earth could weild it properly!

Yeah thats what made me laugh about the swords in this game. Some artwork with cloud with his buster sword had me thinking the same when I first played the game.

Cloud101 11-09-2006 11:19 AM

I've weilded MANY different swords, but never come across the broad swords that Cloud weilds. I'm sure it's possible to forge them, but it would take tremendous strength to weild them.

tangzhanke 11-12-2006 02:42 AM

sephiroh laa

Tiny Bronco 11-12-2006 08:11 PM

Thsis is tough because Clouds "powers" where never actually defined. Through all of the flash backs you can tell that Cloud and Zack were both infused with mako and Jenova Cells, but Zack didn't react to this. (The flashback were Zack and Cloud are sitting in those green tubes and Zack brakes them both out) Before that though Cloud appered to be a very unique person, because he through Sephiroth into the lifestream after being stabbed in the gut.

Lots of people say that by this point Cloud already had Jenova Cells, but Hojo specifically says that he decided to try and make Cloud into a Sephiroth clone(inject Jenova Cells and mako) because Cloud was the only one found alive in Nibliehm after Sephy attacked. Tifa and her master had fled. So Cloud apparently has some special power he was born with or it was his "destiny" to save the world.

So in terms of power I say Cloud, but In terms of general sweetness definetaly Sephiroth.

Cloud101 11-13-2006 11:49 AM

Yeah, he is a nice guy.

Blaze 11-15-2006 11:06 AM

Cloud would win hands down with Omnislash Cloud is unbeatable

squall001 12-07-2006 10:10 PM

for me, clorud in the game would certainly lose if it is a one on one battle
and sephiroth would have a lot of hp. but in the movie ff7 ac cloud became stronger and
faster. he has a lot swords this time all diff. kind of it. cloud would be a able to defeat
sephiroth this time and around

Spec Highwind 12-08-2006 07:35 AM

He only has one sword. He just knows how to use Omnislash :P

Phoenix Flame 12-09-2006 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec
He only has one sword. He just knows how to use Omnislash :P

...isn't THAT enough?!?!