Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Manga (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Favorite Manga (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3917)

TherathxRikku 10-24-2009 05:44 AM

Favorite Manga

Just post the title of your favorite manga and tell us why.

My favorite manga would be the BLEACH series. It's much bloodier than the show and there're more scenes in the manga as everyone knows.

Leon 10-24-2009 03:57 PM

Re: Favorite Manga

love hina
why?

coz of all the echi of course :D :D!
well that, the naiively nice emo parts, and teh awesome comic situationz, the people in it were jus too good for such a simple plot which sadly wuz the reason they had to end it;

i even mailed the author to let'im know that even if they would've continued it and it was half crappy, i would've still followed it for the other half and it would still be good enough for me.. sadly i never got a reply yet u.u""

but i only liked the comics, not the tv showz (only the soundtracks deserved l33t points); countless are the times good work has been distorted in the japanimerican conversion process :-/

edit: didju know that ppl from ff8 were featured on one page of that comic once, let alone all the cactuars splattered all around :D :D!

TherathxRikku 10-24-2009 06:35 PM

I can honestly say I didn't know that, but I'll keep my eye out.

I'm the same way, once I start a series, I'll finish it no matter how strange and anticlimactic it is.

I'm also the same with the transfer between manga a tv show. Kinda like with Naruto, great manga, terrible show.

Leon 10-25-2009 01:15 PM

hehe

being influenced by ffs, u oughta notice the many small references in many comics by the authors to the ffs; sometimes it's characters, others its chocobos, cactuars or even moogles :p

and is that so about naruto, i've read the first few chapters n watched the first few episodes; they looked kinda similar to me o.O

then again i never have gotten far in it anyway ^.^

TherathxRikku 10-25-2009 01:38 PM

If it weren't for the random plot turns and bright lights, I wouldn't have either. ADD helps keep one interested. :D

rissole25 10-26-2009 06:09 AM

I hated the Naruto tv show. I just didn't find it interesting. But i should read the manga for it.

TherathxRikku 10-26-2009 11:20 AM

I hated it too, till I saw the first few episodes of Shipuuden and it's much more adult oriented than the original Naruto. It's actually premiering in America on Wednesday. I was excited till I heard the station they were premiering it on...

Disney XD got the rights to premiere the Shipuuden series before anyone else. So 4KIDS is gonna have something to do with it. Ugh...freakin' censorship companies...

clief101_ 01-12-2010 11:01 AM

The only actual MANGA ive read is BLEACH....up to chapter 330....its sooo good.....i got into it through the anime....KICKASS!!! hurry up and make more dubs!!

rissole25 01-13-2010 08:44 AM

I was reading pokemon manga for a while. Then I stopped for some reason...

clief101_ 01-13-2010 08:46 AM

possibly because its pokemon......

TherathxRikku 01-19-2010 11:46 PM

Bleach is the best manga imo, because it doesn't censor anything, other than words, Ichigo even gets cut in half and it shows the incision while he bleeds out. :D

clief101_ 01-20-2010 06:10 AM

words arnt censored either, they do say f**k and what not....very good manga!!

TherathxRikku 01-20-2010 08:02 PM

Not in the American manga. T-T

clief101_ 01-21-2010 12:13 PM

ive read the english dub manga, and it does

TherathxRikku 01-21-2010 08:21 PM

They say "heck" and "crap" in mine. >_>