Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Battle Arena Strategies (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2913)

zen la 07-07-2007 05:46 PM

Battle Arena Strategies

so then what was everybodys strategy to beat the F*****G battle arena. It took some doing but once you work out the best method then its just time consumingly boring?

dappa 07-07-2007 05:55 PM

Re: Battle Arena Strategies

Equip the ribbon accessory as it renders most of the status's given by the slot machine useless unless it stops on "accessory broken"

Lots of counter materia is quite helpful.

You could go for maximum stats for cloud and then deliberately choose all the worst status's from the slot machine "all materia broken" is the best one to deliberately choose. The reason for this is you get massive battle points and the sooner you get omnislash the better I say.

Phoenix Flame 07-07-2007 11:03 PM

I waited for a while until Cloud leveled-up (for my own sanity) and got some better materia. Equiped a Ribbon and did what Dappa suggested. I usually got Omnislash, and several/most of the other items w/i a half-hour or so.

zen la 07-08-2007 07:21 AM

I did pretty much the same i had double attack and counter equiped aswell and comet 2 with quad

Shinra Soldier 1 08-22-2007 08:35 PM

DON'T USE A GAMESHARK! That sucks, i did it and had a ton of horrible status ailments, could only inflict 1 damage, and couldn't die, and I didn't save before entering, a very bad situation.

clief101_ 09-03-2007 09:41 AM

ahahahahh!!! sucked in aye!!! i jus fight and always end out on top...ive neva lost one b4...im jus battle smart...i dont stratagies, i think of them as i go...thats y i can call myself a tru RPG'er

Phoenix Flame 09-16-2007 09:04 AM

Yeah...you don't need strategies if you power-level. = D

clief101_ 09-16-2007 10:18 PM

im not power-leveled though...about mid 70's which is bout right for at the end of the game...then again, i have dun everything in the game except got through that forest that looks like jelly ion the outside lol...ive gotte all ultimate weapons and limit breaks, and kinda missed a cpl things while playing, but that dun bother me too much

Nightflyer 09-20-2007 08:26 AM

All I can say is RIBBON. And press the square button franticly wile shoosing status effects in the slot machine. That will slow it down a little, making it easier to get what you want.

dappa 09-20-2007 11:32 AM

Dont forget that some outcomes are forced on your party when your choosing the slots in the battle arena.

clief101_ 10-22-2007 11:53 PM

yeh, i think most of them r...i mean some of them u can stop using the accesories, but the half health and stuff u cant block

clief101_ 09-28-2009 01:07 AM

this isnt a pokemon thread. its for the battle square in FFVII