Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy IX (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Final Fantasy 9 is quite underrated (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140)

Freya Crescent 08-11-2006 03:18 PM

Re: Final Fantasy 9 is quite underrated

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tydo
i would say that FF9 was my second favourite outta all em... i loved the storyline and the characters personalities...

I second that.

C_Dub 08-11-2006 04:03 PM

FF9 was a great game.. though i liked all Final fantasies and a lot of people said it wasn't that great but i think it was underrated.

Glock 08-11-2006 04:15 PM

FF9 is a good game, and i haven't heard anyone say they hate it, or that it was the worse FF ever. i hear more people hate FF8 then FF9 (i'm saying in general, not on this forum)

ave 08-18-2006 05:31 AM

http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/garnet.jpgwhichFF character are you? I LOVED FF9 but so many people hate it i dont no how thay could hate it :confused:

dappa 09-25-2006 10:45 AM

I once lent my copy to a friend and he played it for a while then returned it saying he didn't like it reason being that he didn't like the way the people looked and the kings and queens medieval theme.

I have met a few others who dont like this game for the same reasons but its their loss.

I think the game is wicked but my only gripe is the limit breaks.

Caras 10-07-2006 02:03 PM

I find FF9 the best one of all. I love the story line and the graphics, there differnt from the other FF. Its a great game and will always be my favorite.

Spec Highwind 10-07-2006 02:36 PM

Quite.

FantasyFanatic 10-07-2006 11:07 PM

Personally I love FF9, the only small complaint I had about the game is that the characters/enviornments looked a little too cartoony. I know that is what they intended but I think it would have been slightly more enjoyable, at least from my point of view, if it looked slightly more reality based.

My favorite character is Vivi by far!

calgar 11-06-2006 08:18 AM

I actually really like IX but I am fed up with the fanboys surrounding VII.

Avathar 12-17-2006 08:32 PM

I actually think the main reason why this game would be seen as underrated, is that there are or were still a lot of FF fans who just didn't find the mix of fairy tale / animé-styled characters very appealing!

Which, I find quite charming, really. :) =/ But I can truly guess it can turn down for quite a lot of gamers..

Doctor 12-18-2006 02:42 AM

I'll be honest: FF9 was actually the first Final Fantasy I ever played.

Yes...FF9 started my love for the series. It's not my absolute FAVORITE, but it's up there next to all of my other favorite games...

The storyline is what really enthralled me most. It made me think: "If this game is so great, then all of the others must be great too!"

So I'm glad I got to play it. ^_^

Andrew Scaves 12-18-2006 11:31 AM

IX's my favorite who says they don't like it?

Spec Highwind 12-18-2006 01:03 PM

I didn't like it that much... I played it, I reached the 4th CD, then I stopped playing because it was a bit boring... Maybe I didn't have much time to play it back then, and I had to give it back to my friend who I borrowed the game from...

Avathar 12-18-2006 08:05 PM

Well, yeah, when I look at it too: gameplay- and story-wise, the fourth disc is the shortest, and the least fulfilling. =o Quite odd, since it'd be the climax of the whole.

Phoenix Flame 12-19-2006 11:31 AM

I only played through it once and didn't find anything enticing enough to come back to it since I flipped it. Although I would like to play through the classics again. :p