Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   (The brand new) Gen. FF Help Thread!! (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1151)

Zeromus_X 06-06-2006 06:40 AM

(The brand new) Gen. FF Help Thread!!

Here, you can ask any help questions regarding any FF. Hopefully someone here will help. :)

Zeromus_X 06-06-2006 06:42 AM

Re: (The brand new) Gen. FF Help Thread!!

This first question comes from Suhiro, I hope one of you can help:

Quote:

one question...when you return to Nibelheim and see Sephiroth in the basement again he tells you to follow him up the mountain...once you get near the reactor you have to fight the big insectoid-scorpion-like beast(its purple and ist a sonova to kill it) well near it there is some materia on a rock...i cant get to it can anyone tell me how(it looks grey or black)

Phoenix Flame 06-06-2006 05:13 PM

That is the Materia Keeper boss! :) Note: if you have an enemy skill materia equiped you can learn 'Trine' from this boss. But to answer your question, you must begin your search for the 'all' materia in this screen by going down the correct tube at the top of the screen. Then, you must jump off the platform that tube lands you on towards the materia in order to nab it. Rather simple, no?

For newbies...that was a FFVII question.

Tiny Bronco 06-06-2006 05:18 PM

HEHEHEHE! NOOBIES! What a funny word. I think the British started it.

Anywho...Is it true that if you throw a X-Potion on that ghost in Cosmo Canyon it will automatically kill him?

FF7 for noobs. ;)
(Noobs means your new at something) :)

Phoenix Flame 06-06-2006 05:47 PM

Yes, you can also use a phoenix down or High potion (healing properties hurt the undead) This is a theme seen throughout FF.

Suhiro 06-07-2006 05:22 AM

nice...one other question....IM STUCK.... i just snached the Tiny Bronco and got Cid to work for me, now i have to find that blasted Temple of the Ancients...BUT I CAAAAANT :( ....noone tells me nothing except that guy in the bone village...help?

P.S. FF 7...again :D

Tiny Bronco 06-07-2006 12:10 PM

Okay. Really simple way to fix your problem. get in the Tiny Bronco. Hit select(I'm assuming you have a PS1) twice. This will bring up the world map. If you look cloosely you can see little dots were all the citys are. Now at the very bottom of the screen on a fair sized Island (not the long skinny continent) Use the Tiny Bronco to get to this Island an there is.....The TEMPLE OF ANCIENTS/CENTRA!!!!! Coolest place everrrr. Except the Mako Pit.

Now use the Tiny Bronco to "swim" down to the island. There is a chain of tiny islands that makes a shallow water path to the island. This path starts near Cosmo Canyon.

If this is to confusing just Google image FF7 World Map.

Zeromus_X 06-07-2006 12:50 PM

Yeah, navigating the Tiny Bronco is a pain sometimes. (Almost as bad as the water Chocobo in FFIX...)

Phoenix Flame 06-08-2006 09:57 AM

I ALWAYS took the TB to Wutai villiage first to do the Lord Godo battle. Of course this is completely optional & will not ocurr unless you get Yuffie as a party member. Then, simply follow the instructions given above to get to the Temple of the Ancients...of course - you'll need the keystone to get in...

Suhiro 06-08-2006 12:50 PM

http://www.eydis.info/forum/images/smiles/worshippy.gif http://www.eydis.info/forum/images/smiles/worshippy.gif tnx a bunch

darkshadow2247 06-08-2006 01:33 PM

dang it, i can never get here before someone answers lol

Phoenix Flame 06-10-2006 01:38 AM

...and life goes on.

auron 06-10-2006 05:47 AM

in ff8 whats the beast thing to get exp points and how do you get a picture below your name on ffnet

Zeromus_X 06-10-2006 05:51 AM

Put Quistis in Critical Health, and give her the Initiative Ability. Make sure she's learned the Blue Magic "Degenerator". Go to the Island Closest to Hell or Heaven and use Degenerator to kill whatever you encounter. You should gain at least one level every battle. Apart from that, the two islands and Ulty's castle are good for 'traditional' leveling.

Go to "User CP", and to to "Avatar Settings". You can upload an avatar from your computer with 'Browse", or enter the address of an image on the internet. (Right Click > Properties, then copy/paste the location to find the address.)

Suhiro 06-10-2006 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Go to "User CP", and to to "Avatar Settings". You can upload an avatar from your computer with 'Browse", or enter the address of an image on the internet. (Right Click > Properties, then copy/paste the location to find the address.)

but the picture must be 160x160 pixels or it wont upload ;)

Suhiro 06-12-2006 03:04 AM

darn i cant find Yuffie or Vincent anywhere...when and where can i find them? can anyone help...

Zeromus_X 06-12-2006 03:22 AM

You will eventually encounter Yuffie in a random battle in a forest area. (Any forest area, I recall, though most people get her as soon as they get to the Junon area.) You have to give the correct answers in order to recruit her, the wrong ones will result in Gil being stolen. (I've always gotten them right, so I don't know the severity of having her steal from you.)

Do not use the Save Point or otherwise open up the Camp Menu.

Use these following replies:

"Not Interested"

"...Petrified"

"Wait a second!"

"...That's right."

"...Let's hurry on."

As for getting Vincent, that requires a bit more work. (I don't really care for Vincent in battle, but he is a neat guy I suppose.)

I'd suggest using this walkthrough on getting Vincent, and possibly everything else in the game.

Suhiro 06-12-2006 06:29 AM

cool...ive found Vincent as well...Mansion in Nibelheim...tnx for the tip

Sephiroth v.2 06-12-2006 08:09 AM

i need help whit the under world in FF4! i had cleard callbrena!

Zeromus_X 06-12-2006 08:50 PM

This is when Cid leaves the party, right? You have to go through the basement of the Dwarves' Castle, and go through a secret passage. (It's in the Chocobo Room) Make sure you've talked to the king to find out what to do next. (He does tell you what you need to do, you know.) From there you'll have to go through the world map to the Tower of Babel, and go through it. (It might be tough if you haven't played the game before, so stock up on supplies at the Dwarf Castle, and get the best equipment for everyone. Though you'll find plenty of goodies in the tower anyway.)

Sephiroth v.2 06-13-2006 04:02 AM

thanks now i had cleard it soon but do you got any more information?

Zeromus_X 06-13-2006 04:34 AM

On the tower? Well, since I can't give you a perfect walkthrough of the whole game, CoN to the rescue again.

I'll still answer specific questions though.

Sephiroth v.2 06-13-2006 04:37 AM

thanks alot again!

Phoenix Flame 06-13-2006 11:10 PM

I think I'm going to start a Zeromus_X fan club...<grabs a bottle of whiskey> Can probably find somewhere to put it in the FF Net Bar. :D

Sephiroth v.2 06-14-2006 08:15 AM

good idéa maybe try it its looking good...

Tiny Bronco 06-14-2006 11:01 AM

In FF7 I was in the Northern Crator getting all the good items down there and so at the cross roads I split my party up so they could also get stuffs. When my party was done and I met everyone else at the pool of Mako I talked to everyone so they would give me what they found. When I got to Yuffie she gave me "Last Elixir" I don't know what this is so I went through my Items, Materia, Armor, Weapons, and Accesories. No Last Elixir was there.

Does anyone have any Information on this mysterious Last Elixir?

Hydra 06-14-2006 11:48 AM

Last Elixir is the japanese version of a Megalixir. See if you have an extra Megalixir.

ShadowHeart 06-14-2006 03:53 PM

Yeah, it's a mistranslation.

Phoenix Flame 06-15-2006 02:27 AM

They do it at other points in the game as well, no? I seem to remember getting a 'Last Elixer' in Gaia Cliffs...

Avathar 07-14-2006 11:17 AM

Does anyone know exactly how many of Shadow's Dream Sequences there are in FFVI, and when these could possibly occur in the game?

Zeromus_X 07-14-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caves of Narshe
You can see the first four dreams in order at any inn, at any time, in the WoB OR WoR.

The fifth is automatic, and plays once you've got Shadow back in the WoR, as he sleeps in Thamasa. Hence, if you haven't seen any dreams in the WoB, you see the fifth one first. The sixth dream is Relm's, and comes in place of the fifth if you didn't save Shadow. So, you can never see all six in one game. There isn't a seventh, unless you count Cyan's dreamworld which, of course, has nothing to do with Shadow. Plus, the dreams do not affect Shadow's part of the game ending, or indeed any part.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever watched all of them...but I think I watched Relm's the first time through the game when I didn't save him.

Avathar 07-14-2006 05:20 PM

I haven't watched them all either. =/ I think only three of Shadow, and then one of Relm. So according to Caves of Narshe, the only thing you have to do is to have Shadow in your party, and then go sleep at an inn? Didn't knew it was that easy. :p

Avathar 07-26-2006 02:47 PM

Quick question, also about FFVI: What does Vigor mean? :O

Eru Iluvatar 08-04-2006 03:39 AM

there's one thing bothering me in this site from the start.
why does a new post colour appear on a post when i am the one who just posted?its's kinda stupid.

Zeromus_X 08-04-2006 03:47 AM

I'm afraid I don't understand. What do you mean? Are posts becoming different colours whenever you post?

@Avathar: I think Vigor is the same as 'Strength' in other games. I think. Check Caves of Narshe or an faq if all else fails.

Avathar 08-04-2006 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
I'm afraid I don't understand. What do you mean? Are posts becoming different colours whenever you post?

I think I know what he means: everytime you post in a thread, that thread becomes unread (labeled red, as a new post is posted in the topic). But it's not annoying, though. =/
Maybe it's a bit annoying when you're hasty, and you check one thread: turns out the newest thread is one you made, which is, well, silly, 'cause you're the one that made the post. :p

Eru Iluvatar 08-04-2006 09:38 AM

yep yep

dappa 09-21-2006 08:28 AM

I thought vigor controlled the rate of growth a characters hp went up when they levelled up. I may be wrong though.

dappa 09-27-2006 11:31 AM

I've completed final fantasy 7 loads of times and never been able to find the 'added cut' materia. I've been told its in the great glacier but never come across it.

Can anyone tell me its exact location?

Thanks

John Smith 12-11-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avathar
Quick question, also about FFVI: What does Vigor mean? :O

If it is the same as in FFX-2, then it's a technique that your characters learn that make them able to heal themselves while in battle. But it only heals the character that uses it :D

Or I might be wrong and be something completely different from the FFX-2 Vigour >_>