Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VI (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Main party in FF6 (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2319)

jedi geoff 03-28-2007 03:11 AM

Re: Main party in FF6

yeh i got the snes version...

Drake 03-28-2007 09:01 PM

dappa wrote:

Quote:

I regulalry rotate my characters around so not to neglect any character.
Me too. However, in the WOB, I always have Shadow (he's my fave) in my party and I also really like having Umaro in the party as well.

jedi geoff 03-29-2007 05:54 AM

why did you like umaro?

Drake 03-29-2007 05:20 PM

I like Umaro even though he has more or less nothing to do with the story, doesn't recieve level up bonuses, can't be controlled and can't equip very much stuff. Why? Cuz he's got huge muscles and I think he looks cool. Plus, I actually like his items-the Rage Ring, and Blizzard Orb. He's more or less an ideal character to equip a gauntlet on. I also like him cuz he's useful in the Colesseum and is fun in the Fanatic's tower. Plus, I actually sometimes (depending on the character) like having someone in my party in an RPG that I don't have to tell what to do-they just do it automatically. And Umaro has decent attacks without being put in beserk.

Phoenix Flame 07-14-2007 05:38 AM

Right now I'm using Mog, Gogo, Sabin and Terra. I've decided (based-off their strengths and weaknesses) to let Mog and Gogo lead one party, Sabin lead the second and Terra lead the final party in the march to Kefka and in the new dungeons (VI Advance.)

dappa 07-14-2007 09:32 PM

By the time I have got all my characters back in the world of ruin I powerlevel them to the point with level up bonuses so their magic is so powerful it dont really matter who is in the party.

Equip your characters with fire shields and just keep casting Merton/meltdown on all enemies to heal yourself and at the same time destroy your enemy, useless on fire enemies though.

I never use umaro on the fanatics tower though, mainly due to the fact that some of the enemies on the higher levels retaliate with some nasty counter attacks.

locke cole 07-19-2007 02:11 PM

my main party was shadow mog sabin and gogo those were my best characters

Quizastotl 08-06-2007 06:25 PM

Sabin Celes Cyan and Locke

Koby_Fish 10-03-2007 01:37 AM

I like to have Edgar in my party at least up until the Cave to the Sealed Gate. Then I swap out for Sabin because Aurabolt helps more than noiseblaster does.

I have Locke in whenever possible. Last time, I got Gogo ASAP at WoR and stole from the things I couldn't steal from before early game.

Other musts: Gau, Terra. I hardly ever use Cyan.

Drake 10-03-2007 03:44 PM

My main party...hmm...well what I consider to usually (not always) be the best main party is:

Celes: (never know when Runic will be needed, and unlike fellow Runic user GoGo, her stats aren't low) And of course, she has a good magic stat.

Locke: for obvious reasons.

Umaro: I like having a charater that always does decent attacks even though he can't be controled. Saves me the time and effort of having to select any commands for him. If you boost his protection against spells, he's qutie useful, I say.

Terra or Edgar: Terra-morph. 'nuff said. Edgar's Tools command is quites useful, espically if you get all of the tools.

honorable mentions: Shadow

abyler 10-11-2011 04:45 AM

I always rotate my character that's why no way to forgotten.