Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FF names? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3729)

Seyluv 04-09-2008 05:37 PM

FF names?

Muhaha what names from FF will you name ur kids? Or you just going to go with normal names....so not me...my kids be uniquie :p

Anyway one of my son name would be Firlar.
As for girls well no one now maybe Yunalecia after Elizabetha and Tedora :D

darkshadow2247 04-09-2008 06:03 PM

Re: FF names?

Although I think Yunalesca is a very pretty name, I'm not going to name my children after a video game character. I mean, it is just a video game. Besides, that would be hell on him/her.

Reeve 04-09-2008 10:22 PM

I wouldn't name my children after a FF character. That would be kind of embarassing for them. D:

I'd feel bad for anyone named Selphie.

darkshadow2247 04-10-2008 02:41 AM

That's true. I'll agree that some of the names are normal such are Barret, Rufus, Tidus, and Vincent. I'll even agree that names like Cid, Adel, and Auron. But some are just way too fantastic.

And remember, it's just a video game.

There are plenty of less than common names that are actually names fit for a human like Jaiden, Kimi, Tristan, and Amora.

Leon 04-10-2008 04:45 AM

lol, maybe you'd feel bad for how Selphie is written, bu I think the name is good IMO

Found out also that laguna is a name of a region in california (was it a valley, beach, river?) well anyway a potential reason for laguna's name was that region which wasn't too far away from squaresoft's HQ in USA! (sorry, no references at all!)

Leonhart and lionheart are actual names (look up your heavy yellow pages phone list for those in USA), so is seifer (yes exact way it is written)

the list goes on, ffcompendium had a list of ff characters name meanings and some had reasons for using too, go look it up :p

Phoenix Flame 04-10-2008 12:40 PM

We've already decided...

Boy: Tidus
Girl: Selphie or Sophia =P

Seyluv 04-10-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reeve (Post 113245)
I wouldn't name my children after a FF character. That would be kind of embarassing for them. D:

I'd feel bad for anyone named Selphie.

I know a lot of girls name Selphie and no one poked fun of their name.

Phoenix Flame 04-11-2008 01:48 AM

I don't see what's wrong with the spelling. I just think that its an interesting alternative to 'Sophia' ...which sounds too old school for me. ^.^

Indigo Truth 04-11-2008 11:11 AM

I like Yunalesca although i wouldn't name my kid after a game character. Although, Rikku sounds pretty nice :) :P

I.T

Leon 04-11-2008 02:12 PM

lol, i would name my kid after anyone/thing, but most importantly is what that name represents

darkshadow2247 04-11-2008 07:31 PM

I'm not all into meanings and stuff like that. I tend to like unique names that roll off of the tongue in a smooth manner. Yunalesca is a very pretty name, but I couldn't bring myself to name my daughter after a VG character.

Indigo Truth 04-12-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkshadow2247 (Post 113285)
I'm not all into meanings and stuff like that. I tend to like unique names that roll off of the tongue in a smooth manner. Yunalesca is a very pretty name, but I couldn't bring myself to name my daughter after a VG character.

But what if you had a unique name and in another language it was something very dirty?? Would you take that into consideration? :) And extra to my previous post, i looked up that there is a family with the names 'Isaaru, Maroda, and Pacca' as their kids

I.T

Seyluv 04-12-2008 04:53 PM

Whoa Indigo you here? Yay, i'm happy you came. :D

And lol I forot about Isaaru...might name my kid that. I also like that name Issac from Castlevania Curse of Darkness.

darkshadow2247 04-12-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indigo Truth (Post 113290)
But what if you had a unique name and in another language it was something very dirty?? Would you take that into consideration? :) And extra to my previous post, i looked up that there is a family with the names 'Isaaru, Maroda, and Pacca' as their kids

I.T

While I said I'm not all into meanings, that doesn't mean I'm not going to consider them lol.

Indigo Truth 04-14-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmpressCrystal (Post 113300)
Whoa Indigo you here? Yay, i'm happy you came. :D

And lol I forot about Isaaru...might name my kid that. I also like that name Issac from Castlevania Curse of Darkness.

Yea i'm here =]
Isaaru is cool lol!
If you think about it, there is a name from FF that is used in real life, just a different spelling.

Dona =] but usually spelled Donna

I.T