Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy IX (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What's the best FF9 character (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=438)

Coelie 08-28-2005 09:05 AM

What's the best FF9 character

let's hear your oppinion abt the best character of Final Fantasy 9

My vote is gonna go for...Zidane, coz I like his special moves ;)

ShadowHeart 08-28-2005 12:44 PM

Re: What's the best FF9 character

Vivi is the best, story-wise, so I voted for him. Not sure who I think is the best in battle though..

Spiff 08-28-2005 12:59 PM

Beatrix

Coelie 08-28-2005 05:13 PM

Spiff....I forgot to say only Main characters are in the vote

Arkacia 08-28-2005 11:41 PM

Vivi without a doubt. He's so cute and reminds me of a lost kid that you just can't help taking home because he looks so helpless (meh, I'm female :D).

Max the Man 08-28-2005 11:43 PM

Eiko, but only cause Madeen is the awesomest summon.

Coelie 08-29-2005 04:16 AM

hehe, we all got our reasons :p;):D

Zeromus_X 08-29-2005 09:47 PM

vivi. lotsa reasons...black mages rock! i also liked "focus" (mind you, i didnt figure out how to get abilities til like disc 3...very sad.) and after i focuseda few times, flare, the strongest spell i had at the time almost always did 9999. very cool. the only thing i dont understand is how vivi had kids at the end...or was it meant to be explained? :confused: or were they really his kids or other black mages? very confusing... :confused:

Zerlina 08-29-2005 10:42 PM

For characters for character reasons I gotta say that Zidane's pretty cool, and so's Vivi. From a game standpoint, I'd say Freya is the best.

Sin 08-31-2005 03:11 AM

aight umm from the attitude i would have to say Eiko! shes sooo i dunno..lol and well looks and personality would go to ofcourse..Sarah...but kuteness..not cuteness...have to be on Vivi...if honestly you look at his eyes..its like hes got the weight of the whole world on his shoulders..:( yo i love em yo..^_^
forgot this
Quote:

From a game standpoint, I'd say Freya is the best.
i must agree with that!!!

Spiff 09-01-2005 12:39 PM

After a little thought I went with Zidane.

xjeegeex 09-01-2005 01:03 PM

Beatrix cos she rocks!!

Sin 09-02-2005 12:36 AM

hippo!!..lol remember in disk 3 in Alexanderia vivi races with the widdel hippo..lol shoo adorableeee lol:rolleyes::o:p:D

Baku 09-07-2005 05:34 PM

I voted for Amarant, just so like me, better off on your own, keep my thoughts to myself, and when he gets leveled up hes almost un beatable, doesn't hardly need to make a battle decision when he gets fully leveled up as you can turn on counter and magic counter, if a monster makes a move, he probably gonna end up dead if it goes for amarant.

Andrew Scaves 09-07-2005 06:36 PM

I also like Zidane, he has a tail like me and a lot of people say I'm a mixture of Zidane and Cloud, but with a street punk attitude that I used to have, but now I'm conversed to Christianity.

Mong00se 09-07-2005 06:58 PM

Freya. Vivi was cool, and his character shaped the game, but all in all, I thought Freya was a good character. She had the drive and motivation, the storyline of the forsaken hero, and she pulled through throughout the game, being very strong and evading lots of attacks.

Luis 09-08-2005 07:11 AM

I think every character has a really good role in the game(some for fun, such as Quina; and some for being cool, such as Amarant) and I like almost all. But I think the character which I enjoyed the most was probably Freya... With her story, her attacks, and the music played when her scenes occured. Somehow, this character makes me remember Vincent from FFVII.

Helkaweth 09-09-2005 08:22 AM

I liked Steiner, believe it or not. While he's a pain for the party for a little while, he turns out to be awesomely strong towards the end. A lot of people disliked him, but he was a good comic relief.

Luis 09-09-2005 11:07 AM

He was Helkaweth. He gave me fun time, arguing with Zidane and so on... He is a strong one too.

Totorosama 09-15-2005 04:00 PM

While Freya looks cool and is a complete killer in battle, Vivi rules! He's self-sufficient (Osmose and Drain), powerful (Flare, Comet, Death, etc.), is cooler (personality-wise) than anyone else, and...well, he wins.

Ellone 09-20-2005 08:04 PM

Zidane looks cool and Vivi looks small and pathetic. My vote will have to go for Zidane because he is cool, cute, and has some really cool moves.

gcarev10 10-06-2005 07:04 PM

vivi is the best magic master in all serials of ff so he is very usful in batle vvvvviiiiiiiiivvvvvvviiiiiii iiiiissss tttthhhheee bbbbbeeeeessssssttttttt.

Yukin 11-17-2005 05:29 AM

I like Zidane, because of my attitude towards people and his techs are sooo cool!

Tydo 11-17-2005 04:44 PM

My Fav was Zidane... i thought his peronality just rock!! :P

Coelie 11-17-2005 06:05 PM

Vivi is still on top :)

Totorosama 11-17-2005 07:21 PM

Zidane sometimes suffers from problems though. Even while he's a great leader, useful in battle, and has a generally great personality, I say Vivi rules. You know, his name means "Life." Besides Freya, who was a goddess in Norse mythology, I don't think anyone else (maybe Garnet or Eiko, but doubtful) has a name that means anything.

ff7Alexander 11-29-2005 11:49 PM

I vote for freya,I have no idea why i like her.

Totorosama 11-30-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ff7Alexander
I vote for freya,I have no idea why i like her.

Well, sometimes it's just that way. Just the feeling that you get on first impression? They're all really cool in their own way, even though they all have their own problems. Even I, who says Vivi rocks, thinks he has some personality weaknesses, especially his lack of self-confidence.

ShadowHeart 11-30-2005 11:50 PM

And you don't think his lack of self confidence is on purpose? Vivi was basically meant to be insecure.

Phoenix Flame 12-01-2005 06:14 AM

I enjoyed Steiner's antics. I'd vote him in.

Avathar 12-01-2005 04:57 PM

When thinking of the main characters(the eight), i think there would be only one of them who hasn't got a mayor roll, i mean, if he didn't exist, the story would have continued. Guess who? :)

No not Quina: S/HE found the way to the Outer Continent! Without Quina, Zidane and the gang would have taken a MUCH LONGER TIME looking for that tunnel!

No: It's Amarant! Altough it's my favorite character (warrior monk :D ), back in Madain Sari, when Lani held hostage, i think Zidane could have taken care of the bountyhunter, without the appearance of Amarant.

Totorosama 12-01-2005 07:31 PM

Yes, Steiner is quite comical, due to his clashing of old-fashioned thinking against the development of everyone else. As for Vivi made to be insecure, I'm not really sure. Who made him?

ShadowHeart 12-01-2005 07:50 PM

I meant Square's idea about him was to be insecure lol.

Phoenix Flame 12-02-2005 10:17 PM

I KNOW that I'm going to go against some thinking on this post...but I never really liked Vivi. He was a cool character to use, but I just never appreciated his background/storyline. Maybe it's just because I haven't played the earlier FFs... but I didn't use him much.

Avathar 12-31-2005 12:30 PM

Great: everyone got at least one vote :D even Quina :p

Zeromus_X 12-31-2005 05:06 PM

vivi is a very important character; not only is he an icon of the game (and the ff series) he represents the meaning of ff9. (memories; and life.)

and hes the one narrating at the end...since alot of people dont know that. (i only found out just recently.)

Avathar 12-31-2005 05:12 PM

The narrating at the end: it was either Vivi, or Garnet, or every character said his own thing, but you're right: it's Vivi. :)

Josh-UK 01-02-2006 10:42 AM

Vivi is the best character out of all the final fantasy games in my opinion!!!
:)

thien_tai_xxx 01-31-2006 04:42 AM

Zidane, Quina, Dagger, Steiner, Amarant, Vivi, Freya, Eiko ..........they are best character !!!

Squall Lionheart 02-05-2006 07:12 PM

i don't think you'r getting this.....