Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy IX (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   cards (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25)

DarkCloud 07-29-2005 12:15 PM

Re: cards

I prefer FFVIII's game, as said already, its much more competitive and to me just fun! its an easier concept as well (i thought) So VIII has my vote. (I liked the card gameplay music in FFVIII much better as well)

Ellone 09-20-2005 08:27 PM

My vote is for Final Fantasy VIII card game (Triple Triad) because it is easier and not that hard for me.

Zeromus_X 09-21-2005 12:57 AM

i liked ff9's...even though im not good at any of them! :p i thought ff8s were harder...but the rewards are well worth it! i just thought ff9s was better because i could win at it...oh, and even though it was a long time ago that was posted, that "hexidecimal system" looked interesting...even though i hate math with a vengeance :D

Xartex 09-21-2005 06:38 AM

i recon that the ff8 is better, it's easier to plan strategies and stuff

Totorosama 09-21-2005 11:10 PM

The god part about FFIX's was that it seemed more straightforward to me. It took me a while to figure out the attributes of the cards, though.

ShadowHeart 09-22-2005 03:31 AM

Meh, there's way too much randomness in FFIX's card game for my tastes :)

Totorosama 09-29-2005 11:47 PM

What randomness? Explain...

Rorschach 09-29-2005 11:58 PM

Do you mean like where a inferior card can beat a superior card because of "luck" stats? I hated that in 11....so annoying.

Spiff 09-30-2005 01:47 AM

So that's what it was. :mad:

ShadowHeart 09-30-2005 03:38 AM

Yes, I mean the randomness when 2 cards in FFIX go into a "card battle". A better card is a better card, end of story :)

Totorosama 09-30-2005 06:59 PM

I don't recall a luck stat. There were only 3 #s (1 in front, the last two) and 1 letter (type, second slot). ARe you sure there was one? I've had a lot of battles, and my strategies almost never lose me a game. I've lost about 1 for every 20 I play.

ShadowHeart 09-30-2005 07:43 PM

There is no luck stat. But when 2 cards go into a card battle, they each get a number (I guess somehow based on their attack power), and then their numbers are seemingly randomly decreased and any card can win over any other card if you are lucky (or heck, unlucky).

And it's not just that a worse card can win over a better one in that way.. but in the beginning of the game when every card you and your opponent have has the stats "00P0" or "00M0", it leads to extremely random games where it can go any possible way. That just doesn't encourage me to want to keep playing. Not to mention the fact that each individual card has a random number of arrows facing random directions...

.. yeah, way too much randomness. Maybe it gets better if you have really good cards with high stats, but I can't even stand thinking about playing another Tetra Master game :/

Rorschach 09-30-2005 08:15 PM

Ok ya, there is no luck stat, but I couldn't think of any way else to describe it...

And ya, it should just be that a superior cad wins, all the time, even though its nice for new players, it gets verry annoying when you have a 5-6 card get beaten by a 1-0 card (yes, I've seen it happen). Really pisses me off, specialy when your fighting a computer and you have to go through 4 or 5 games to get that card back...

Totorosama 10-01-2005 07:24 PM

I don't remember that ever happening in FFIX...are you sure?

gcarev10 10-06-2005 05:48 PM

VII because enemis a strongher and 9 is for 2 year kids.