Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy IX (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   cards (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25)

ShadowHeart 10-06-2005 05:53 PM

Re: cards

VII doesn't have a card game.

Zeromus_X 10-06-2005 05:54 PM

just how exactly is damage determined in 9's card game? does it have to do with the hexidecimal system? :confused: very confused... :confused:

add on: i think he means 8, just forgot the extra "I" ;)

ShadowHeart 10-06-2005 06:05 PM

In FFIX each card says something like "0P00".

The first character is the card's attacking power in hexadecimal. Well actually, a 0 means the card has attack power "0F" in hexadecimal which translates to 15 in decimal, a 1 means the card has attack power "1F" in hexadecimal which translates to 31 in decimal, and so on, up to F (F is 15).

The second character is the card's attack type, P (physical), M (magical), X or A. I'm not sure what X or A means, someone else will have to explain that :)

The third character is the card's physical defense, denoted in the same way as attack power.

The forth character is the card's magical defense, denoted in the same way as attack power.

gcarev10 11-02-2005 06:17 PM

ff9 is a easy to play card game then ff8.

Totorosama 11-02-2005 07:46 PM

X means that they attack the opponent's weakest value with their highest.
A means assault, using their attack to attack the enemy's weakest defense value.

Squall Leonhart 12-27-2005 07:58 PM

VIII's card game is way better

Josh-UK 01-02-2006 10:44 AM

i dunno y but i find the card game in ffix easier. i dont play it much though.
:)

dappa 01-08-2007 01:49 PM

the card system of ff8 was better than 9's mainly due to the fact that the rewards you got for rare cards. I also liked the difficulty of the cards of certain areas though I hated the random rule.

What I used to do was talk to the guy in balamb docks and challenge him to a game of cards. This guy would say to you "lets play with the rules from my home town" but he doesn't specify what his town is.

accept his challenge and when you start the card game all the rules you've collected during the game are gone, which is quite handy if you are going on a rare cards quest

This guy isn't always there but I have only seen him show up on disk 3

jedi geoff 01-27-2007 12:14 AM

i think FF8's was easier to understand, except for the plus rule :confused:
FF9's card game was confusing and i could never tell if i would beat a card with my own.
FF8's was simple with a clear number, higher than it, you beat it, lower than it, you lose,
SIMPLE
PS: I HATED the elemental rule and the plus/same rules too. AND RANDOM RULE.
And even more annoying was that once you played with a annoying rule, you were stuck with it :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Seyluv 01-27-2007 12:37 AM

I like ff9 version more, I rule that card game. I had almost all the cards and I beat everyone on there. FF8 cards kinda suck to me. I didn't do that well against most people in a card match and my cards were not that cool as FF9.

Aulayna 12-09-2007 08:44 AM

I liked the fact that you were able to obtian useful items by just the use of the card mod in FFVIII, but the majority of those items I don't use anyway, I just collect the cards because I think their cool but ive never had a full collection of cards on that game which kinds sucks. Didn't you need a Poket Station for one of the cards? I also found the rules in FFVIII were so complex, it took me ages to understand how some of the rules worked. Like the Same and Plus rules. I also hated the fact that you could have nearly won then the opposition would just put out their last card and BANG! There goes all the effort you put in to the strategy of the game. This hapened alot with me when random and same were together :(

However the FFIX Card Game I liked alot better, I found the system so much easier to understand. I won alot more games, winning the vast majority of them and I was also able to complete my collection of cards too. Which I was pleased with since I like to complete all the collectable things in games :)

clief101_ 09-27-2009 02:49 PM

i liked FF9 card game better. it was easier to understand, and easier to win. i dont thing i ever won a card game in FF8