Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sephiroth's Real Mother? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2614)

Seyluv 04-23-2007 10:56 PM

Sephiroth's Real Mother?

There was another woman, Sephiroth's real mother. Her name was Lucrecia, who is she really?

Seyluv 04-23-2007 10:59 PM

Re: Sephiroth's Real Mother?

Oh crap, I posted this in the wrong forum.

jedi geoff 04-24-2007 05:27 AM

haha oh dont worry it happens to all of us

Spec Highwind 04-24-2007 12:57 PM

Lucrecia Crescent is a scientist working with Hojo, and later his wife.

You should play Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus if you are interested in this part of the storyline.

Tifa-chan 04-24-2007 02:19 PM

Yea Spec is right.

Lucrecia is a female scientist who worked on the Jenova Project, alongside Professor Hojo and Professor Gast. She was Vincent’s love interest and was mother of Hojo's child-Sephiroth.

Lucrecia is estimated to have been born around 60 years before the events of the game. She worked as a Class A biotechnologist for the Shinra Electric Power Company under the direction of Grimoire Valentine, Vincent Valentine's father. Her thesis on Omega and Chaos had suffered much criticism and she was anxious to prove her colleagues wrong. During one of her investigations she happened upon the suspected location of the dormant Omega.

During the events before Final Fantasy VII Lucrecia was assigned as an assistant to Professor Faremis Gast alongside Professor Hojo in the town of Nibelheim. They were to investigate the excavated specimen (later known as Jenova) from the Northern Crater which was suspected to be an Ancient (Cetra). Upon analysis they falsly believed it to be a Cetra and attempted to extract its cellular DNA in order to artificially produce soldiers with the Cetra's abilities. She used her unborn child as the subject of the Jenova Project's first in vitro experiment despite objections from Vincent Valentine. During pregnancy, Lucrecia began receiving visions of the horrors her unborn son would commit, and in an untimely encounter, discovered Vincent shot by Hojo. Fearing for his life, Lucrecia exposed him to the stagnated mako which had been named "G Substance," causing the being known as Chaos to be absorbed into his body. Though his life was saved, he was left in a feral madness. Disgusted with all that she had done to those she cared about and the changes Jenova's cells had wrought in her own body, she attempted to kill herself. However, she was unable to easily die because of the presence of Jenova's cells in her body, and, thus, she isolated herself in a cave and trapping herself within mako crystals located in a remote location. During the events of Final Fantasy VII she is discovered by Vincent and the others, and she asks if Sephiroth had died yet. Vincent hoping to help her rest in peace falsely tells her that he had died.

Quoted from Wiki

Seyluv 04-24-2007 06:44 PM

Ok thanks you guys for the info.

Does she have long red hair or was that somene else I saw?

Spec Highwind 04-24-2007 07:02 PM

Brown hair. One of my favourite characters ever designed by Square. (Not the one from FFVII, but the one from FFVII: DoC, of course :P

Seyluv 04-24-2007 07:17 PM

Oh ok, I see clearly now

Tifa-chan 04-24-2007 08:15 PM

^__^ Glade it was all cleared up for you. Yea she is the one with the brown hair. In a high pony tail. I know who you are thinking of when you said red hair. That was Shalua Rurie(sp?) she is a scientist who works for the WRO with Reeve. She is also the older sister of Shelke.

Seyluv 04-24-2007 08:20 PM

Oh ok...so Sephiroth's mother was a human right?

Tifa-chan 04-24-2007 08:21 PM

yes. Accually, the Sephiroth that Lucrecia gave birth to IS NOT the real Sephiroth! He is a clone of the real Sephiroth who died years before! Just wanted to clear that up XD

Seyluv 04-24-2007 08:28 PM

I knew that Sephiroth was a clone and the real one died long ago.

This Lucrecia thing is new to me I only knew of her because of something after the FFAC movie. I didn't even have Vincent in my party so really I had no way of knowing.

Tifa-chan 04-24-2007 08:51 PM

ah makes sence

Zeromus_X 04-24-2007 09:52 PM

Moved to Final Fantasy VII forum.

Tifa-chan 04-25-2007 12:01 AM

thank you ^__^