Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy IX (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   silly pluto knights (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=560)

Zeromus_X 10-07-2005 02:09 AM

silly pluto knights

just thought of a few things about the pluto knights you may not or mayve known. :p

there are 9 pluto knights, correct? and its final fantasy 9. and the 9th planet in the solar system is pluto. nyuk nyuk nyuk...

plus, on disc four, if you see pluto knight the 7th, hes talking to a flower girl.
(flower girl=aerith=final fantasy 7-and hes pluto knight 7.)

maybe the pluto knights are representatives of their numbered ffs? just speculation, but the above things are kinda funny. :D

ShadowHeart 10-07-2005 05:07 AM

Re: silly pluto knights

Lol, I never actually thought about the Pluto reference.. :p

Totorosama 10-10-2005 01:37 AM

Absolutely fascinating. They should make a symbolism thread in the FFIX section, including the "Loss of ME" thread. Also, Baku and Alexandria are real places in real life. That, and Tantalus comes from the word "tantalize," which means "wanting to cause trouble" or something. I think there's more that I found out, but I don't exactly remember, I'll go look...

Coelie 10-15-2005 07:09 AM

jesus Zero dont you got better things on ur mind :p altough I must you there is a word of truth in that what ur saying :o

gcarev10 10-16-2005 02:25 PM

they are stupid.

Xartex 10-16-2005 07:45 PM

never gave that sort of things any thought, but that is just... i don't know what to say

Arkacia 10-17-2005 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totorosama
Absolutely fascinating. They should make a symbolism thread in the FFIX section, including the "Loss of ME" thread. Also, Baku and Alexandria are real places in real life. That, and Tantalus comes from the word "tantalize," which means "wanting to cause trouble" or something. I think there's more that I found out, but I don't exactly remember, I'll go look...

Actually Tantalus is a character from Greek mythology and the word tantalize comes from the punishment he received when he upset the Gods. Read This Link and you will see what I mean :).

There is a variation on the spelling of the word tantalize. Its tantalise, which has a totally different meaning.

Zeromus_X 10-17-2005 12:26 AM

oh yeah...that guy...he was there along with the guy pushing the rock up the hill forever, right? (sisyphus, or something?) those greek gods need to take anger management, or something... :rolleyes:

Totorosama 10-24-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcarev10
they are stupid.

Who?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xartex
never gave that sort of things any thought, but that is just... i don't know what to say

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkacia
There is a variation on the spelling of the word tantalize. Its tantalise, which has a totally different meaning.

What does tantalise mean? Also, how do you get so much gil with only the number of posts you have? The math doesn't work out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
oh yeah...that guy...he was there along with the guy pushing the rock up the hill forever, right? (sisyphus, or something?) those greek gods need to take anger management, or something...

I sense a thread split...

Max the Man 10-24-2005 10:48 PM

wow I never noticed that... sounds interesting. I think it's odd that all the Pluto Knights have German names, since Alexandria was a Greek city.

Arkacia 10-24-2005 11:51 PM

Quote:

What does tantalise mean? Also, how do you get so much gil with only the number of posts you have? The math doesn't work out.

I sense a thread split...

If you take a little look under my username, you will see my job title is administrator. I am the one setting up the RPG and have access to all parts of it, including editing members gil counts. I have edited my own to use for testing of weapons, armour ect because I have to buy them before I can use them in the monster arena :).

I don't battle other members and despite a very nice invitation haven't joined any clans. My gil count is one of the reasons that would be full on cheating and just plain not fair ;).

No thread split at the moment, but we should all get back on topic now.

Oh, I nearly forgot, tantalise means....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dictionary.com

tantalise

v : harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie".

~Hidan~ 10-25-2005 04:35 AM

Thats umm well, damn, umm never thought about it...

Totorosama 10-25-2005 06:26 PM

Thanks, Arkacia.

gcarev10 11-09-2005 07:15 PM

tantalus is a greek mitologi person who is rebel and punish by gods and his punishment is crucifixion on the kavkas mauntian and big eagle comes and eat his flesh when he is still alive. Whay he is punish because he give sicrets of gods to a human. It is in my people known words tantalst trouble so that is that. I hope thats is help for you.

mercenary 11-14-2005 04:12 AM

Quote:

tantalus is also a real gang of thieves aswell read a history book :)