Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy IX (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   i hate wht magic (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1212)

blue_pheonix 06-17-2006 07:24 AM

i hate wht magic

:D dudes i think you shuld keep a party like zidane-freya-vivi-amarant(or steiner wen u get ragnrok) and keep it because u dont need extra levels with dem and white magic and eidolons (exept ark) SUCK!!!!

Zeromus_X 06-17-2006 08:19 AM

Re: i hate wht magic

White Magic isn't that bad. :( Don't forget Holy! Nothing like nuking something for 9,999 damage...although you could do that easily with anyone else anyway. :/ Of course, I understand what you mean by melee characters being more consistent than mages, as is the case for many a RPG.

Kat 06-17-2006 09:46 AM

wht magic can be kewl wen you really need it tho,just my opinion....

Seyluv 07-18-2006 08:51 AM

White magic rocks, and I love using someone who has white magic skills. Besides if you use cure to heal your cast you will have more recovery items to use in a battle.

Spec Highwind 07-18-2006 05:44 PM

Hum... I will only agree with that when I see a video of someone ending the game without using wht mgc

Avathar 07-18-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec3
Hum... I will only agree with that when I see a video of someone ending the game without using wht mgc

Too true. Let's suppose there's are two battles in Final Fantasy IX, one only with Black Magic, and the other only with White Magic. And as it's the case in FFIX, the major damage dealing which is the black magic > white magic. Besides, healing wouldn't really be a problem in the black magic-only-battle (yes, you could use potions :rolleyes: ).

Hydra 07-18-2006 06:30 PM

lol, thinking just about healing, and in one case, damage? xD Think of the defensive purposes. It's good to live a lot and hit a little than to live short and hit alot. You won't kill them that way. XD Though, either way, it's pretty useless. :D It's just helpful to have to stay alive.

Zeromus_X 07-18-2006 06:32 PM

Here, I'll settle this.

Holy.

Avathar 07-18-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Here, I'll settle this.

Holy.

:p

Okay, let's make it even then:

The Black Magic-only-party fights against a monster that has protection from Shadow.

The White Magic-only-party fights against a monster that has protection from Holy.

:p:p

richboywonder 07-19-2006 12:15 AM

white magic can be useful at times.without white magic how are you going to heal or use holy.you'll be stuck with potions.

ultimecia 07-19-2006 04:38 AM

i think white magic is okay its better than keep buyind different potions and elixers

Seyluv 07-20-2006 05:52 AM

Yeah I agree, besides what if you ran out of potions during a battle or something. I love white magic, during a fight I would win because I a warrior, besides a black mage would run out of potions and I won't because if I do then I could just heal myself. Sure I would have a hard time fighting someone with white magic but I would just keep at it til I get it.

Spec Highwind 07-20-2006 08:02 AM

I don't know what about hits game, but in FF2 Ultima is a white magic...

Avathar 07-20-2006 05:26 PM

...actually never thought about that. o.o Is Ultima a White or a Black Magic, and is it different in each Final Fantasy?

Zeromus_X 07-20-2006 09:11 PM

FFII- I think in the original, it was it's own type of spell. In the remakes, it became a white spell. (Don't quote me on that.) And yeah, magic sucks in FFII.

FFVI- Offensive spell. (Spells aren't divided into 'classes' of magic in FFVI, only by what kind of spell they are.)

FFVII- Offensive spell. Get from Corel after the train mission. Very good damage.

FFVIII- Drawable magic. Can be obtained on the two Islands Closest to Heaven/Hell, and I think the two Weapons.

FFIX- Only Kuja uses it, and only after he is defeated. Coward.

FFX- Black Magic. Near the center of the Sphere Grid, in Kimahri's section. Surrounded by four Level 4 Key Spheres. For the love of goodness, please use a Black Magic Sphere on Lulu when Kimahri learns it.

FFX-2: Is it? I know it is, but not the details. I think one Garment Grid allows you to use it.

FFXI- I don't know.

FFXII- I don't know.

FFT- Ramza must be a Squire, and learn it in the battle with the assassins, Celia and Lede. (I think he has to survive the spell, but I don't remember.) The final boss, Ultima, also casts it. (...) I think Alma can learn it. Well, enjoy it for the final battle you have left.

FF