Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Dissidia Final Fantasy (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Cloud Fails, HARD! (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4148)

TherathxRikku 03-19-2010 05:16 PM

Cloud Fails, HARD!

I don't know why Square believes he has the lowest learning curve in the game, but I have never been able to use Cloud properly since I got Dissidia, his attacks require WAY too much lag time to start up and none of his HP attacks are able to hit worth a damn. I'm pretty much the only person I know of that can't use Cloud at all, so why in the world is anybody maining him?

Gumdrop 03-19-2010 07:17 PM

Re: Cloud Fails, HARD!

Weird. I found him to be on of the easiest/best to use :p
But you said you don't like slow things so it makes sense you wouldn't like him.

Leon 03-20-2010 10:12 AM

ionno, althought lots o'ppl like cloud as a char, they didn like 'is playability 'as much' in dissidia; prolly coz the majority has a certain style o'gameplay n a certain attack range that they prefer

me? i never even tried dissidia once (i did watch lots o'replays), but i jus jump in discussions whenver the chance showz up

rissole25 03-21-2010 05:33 AM

I've considered having Cloud as one of my mains because I just find him really easy to use.

TherathxRikku 03-21-2010 09:33 PM

He was designed to be the easiest to use, except for me, I think it might have something to do with the fact that I just hate the character, but I'm not intentionally failing.

@Gumdrop, that actually does make sense, he is a really slow character, so it may just be that, who knows...

clief101_ 04-02-2010 05:43 AM

he is my main...i can use him realy well...but i havnt played in a while so id be a noob again lol

TherathxRikku 04-03-2010 06:26 AM

Tidus used to be my best, but now I struggle with him...

Cloud would be a much better character if his attacks weren't so predictable, he's only able to hit something if the opponent is just retarded or by counter. All of his HP attacks require too much lag time, including the BRV to HP combos...

UltimaFenrir 02-13-2011 12:21 AM

I am good with Cloud. Its true his attacks has lag time but your opponent has to mess up sometime when u keep using Braver to finish him/her off. in my case I killed Onion Knight Max and Extreme, by blocking him using that slash attack that follows up omnislash V5, blocking again did it again breaking him using Alexander Manual and getting EX gauge filled after the attack using Finishing touch while he was still staggering ex mode while doing it and finishing him of with Omnislash. you see as much as Cloud suck at timing its the player. Cloud is more of a Crash/tactician type of character which I got SSS Tactician :D

rissole25 02-13-2011 12:49 AM

The key to Cloud is blocking. If you've got that mastered than you can do some serious damage with him.

UltimaFenrir 02-13-2011 01:27 AM

yep :D he is my best character I have both Wall Damage Build and EX Mode Build.

rissole25 02-15-2011 07:40 AM

He was/is a sub of mine, but I don't think I ever had a build for him. I might make a Wall Rush build for him in Duodecim if I have him as a main or sub.

Oh and I don't think I welcomed you here :P

WELCOME UltimaFenrir!! (I'm gonna call you UF for short)
The site is pretty much dead lately, but were trying to change that :D