Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Most Annoying Recurring Enemy (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=742)

Zeromus_X 01-21-2006 02:27 AM

Most Annoying Recurring Enemy

it had to be done.

IMO, marlboro (yes, thats its real name) is the most annoying. ESPECIALLY in ffviii...urgh.

these monsters appearances:

tonberry- first appearance: ffV. known for their "Everyone's Grudge" and "Knife" signature attacks. appeared in ffV, ffVI, ffVII, ffVIII, ffIX, ffX (is it safe to assume they were in X-2?), i think ffXI , ff crystal chronicles, im pretty sure they were chefs or something (makes sense :D)

marlboro- first appearance: ffII. known for "Bad Breath" (most likely a pun on marlboro cigarettes...:p) appearances: ffII, ffIV, ffVI, ffVII, ffVIII, ffIX, and i think later installments.

cactuars- first appearance: ffVI. known for "1,000 Needles", and in most games, a significant source of AP. and come on...theyre awesome! appeared in ffVI, ffVII, ffVIII, ffIX, and im pretty sure later installments.

behemoths- first appearance: ffII. appearances: ffII, ffIII, ffIV, ffV, ffVI, ffVII, ffVIII, ffIX, and im pretty sure later installments. infamous for counter-attacking with meteo and other strong magics. good physical attack to boot...however, vulnereable to status spells which usually miss, like mini, toad, etc. been in alot of ffs...alot. (note: theres a cute but really big behemoth heartless in kingdom hearts! its so cute! okay, that wasnt necessary, but i like that heartless! =3)

i know im missing some of these monsters' appearances, maybe because im not through ffX yet, and/or dont know if theyre in ffX-2, CC, ffXI, etc. feel free to add their appearances, if you know them :)

who is the most annoying?! we will see! :D :p

ShadowHeart 01-21-2006 07:20 AM

Re: Most Annoying Recurring Enemy

Marlboro for sure ;) They killed me a couple of times in FFVIII, and I think in FFVII, with their stupid Bad Breath :)

Squall Leonhart 01-21-2006 01:37 PM

Marlboro. They gave me the most trouble out of all of them. And I'm certain that all of those are in FFX and in FFX-2 minus the cactar.

Tiny Bronco 01-21-2006 03:41 PM

I find that Tonberry is the most annoying one for me. He just up and kills one of your party memebers every time you fight him unless you want to spend a bunch of MP on a summon. I think Cactuar is really cool just cause of his 1000 needle attack and his speed. And he's a cactus. That's awsome. :)

Squall Lionheart 01-24-2006 12:01 AM

Actually I think GF Cerberus is the most boring because of his tendancy to triple evrey magic....Malboro can be status defenced and defeated in so many ways,GF EDEN,demis,and Meltdowns won't make tonberries of a problem, High luck and Initiative ability for Cactuar...which leaves the annoying behmoth which you havee to dispel evrey second to get throught its barrier....

Lokzor 04-25-2006 05:36 PM

MARLBOROS. I HATE Bad Breath!

Tiny Bronco 04-25-2006 05:42 PM

Well so far everyone likes Cactuars! Yeh!

Avathar 04-25-2006 06:33 PM

Sure, Cactuars could be a pain in the ass in the beginning, with a 1000 hp damage attack :p, but he's just so awesome. :D
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...tuar_beams.jpg

Lokzor 04-25-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avathar
Sure, Cactuars could be a pain in the ass in the beginning, with a 1000 hp damage attack :p, but he's just so awesome. :D
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...tuar_beams.jpg

Heh, how about "10,000 Needles" :eek:

Now that I think about it, the cactuar made the Bikanel Desert very annoying.

dappa 10-04-2006 07:58 AM

I hate the malboros on ff8 cause they seem to get the first hit in with bad breath. Besides that I found the behemoths irritating when I fought em on ff9 and one did a meteor counter and ko'd my underlevelled party.

Kat 10-05-2006 10:14 PM

Malboros >.<
they use bad breath-poison,berserk,confusion,and darkness
adding the fiend's attacks itself= a dead party=game over
it is a fiendish fiend indeed

Xartex 10-06-2006 03:28 AM

Malboros are really anoying, no doubt that it is the most anoying enemy, even thought tonberrys can be anoying as well

Spec Highwind 10-06-2006 10:11 AM

Tonberrys are an entire tribe in FFXI xP And they were humans in the past!

Gumdrop 10-07-2006 09:44 AM

Marlboro - ugly and annoying. Although I did see a cute one in a manga once with a ribbon on its head :p

Max the Man 10-07-2006 10:40 PM

Tonberries appeared in FFX-2, as well. They had a lot of HP and were easy to kill if they pushed your party into the right formation. Cactuars appeared in FFX and X-2, but not as enemies. Tonberries also appeared in XI as enemies.

My least favorite was probably the tonberry or Behemoth. Tonberries because of instant death and Behemoth because of meteor when they die.