Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Final Fantasy VII Remake confirmed?? SAY WHA?? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3164)

Tifa-chan 09-13-2007 04:19 PM

Final Fantasy VII Remake confirmed?? SAY WHA??

Upon doing my daily search of Final Fantasy sites I found something very intresting! Hold on to your britches were going for another heartracing ride on Final Fantasy VII!

Quoted from FFEXTREME

"To the most Final Fantasy savvy, it would be obvious to us that "Of course the end of Crisis Core will link into Final Fantasy VII" due to the fact that its the prequel of the legendary game.

That hasnt stopped rumours of a remake of FFVII making the news today. According to PSXtreme, a Gamefaqs walkthrough writer known as Kouli came across images of the end of Crisis Core- some of which contain images of the original intro of FFVII, which look quite similar to the much talked about tech demo which surfaced in 2005. The cutscene ends with To be continued in Final Fantasy VII when Cloud steps off the train.

PSXtreme argue that getting a hold of FFVII in shops nowadays is pretty much a thankless task which supports the belief that SE will relent and remake FFVII.

Check out the pictures at the source link.

Link: http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/1034.html

:::

////

In short this is the kind of thing all us Final Fantasy VII fans have been waiting for. Square Can no longer hide it, and I expect to hear something at TGS.

That's all for now! Lets hear the feed back!

PS: YES T-C IS BACK! WOOT! But for now I am off to work! Be back around after 9pm EST

dappa 09-14-2007 07:29 PM

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake confirmed?? SAY WHA??

lets hope so!

i'd definately buy a ps3 to play this game

Tifa-chan 09-14-2007 09:43 PM

Oh we know they are! Square can't hide it any longer!

Luis 09-15-2007 08:01 PM

Well, the sales volume of the PS3 isn't as high as expected... since 600€ ( 750$? ) isn't something everybody can afford!

By the other hand, the famous remake of FFVII would be a good reason for lots of people to buy the PS3... at least, I would consider the idea.

But I won't make further discussion about it, 'cause I still doubt the remake will be made.
I hope they make it though. :cool:

ThroneofDravaris 09-16-2007 12:38 AM

I wonder how many times is Square going to have to say "We are not currently working on a FFVII remake. We don't have time" before people finally accept it. It can't have been a week since they reiterated their lack of resources and time for said project.

Tifa-chan 09-16-2007 10:06 AM

Well Square may say that Throne, however I am pretty sure everyone her knows how Square likes to play little games like that and then "omg...were actually doing it" also leaving such little hints and clues like this at the end of a game are always a good "yeap were doing it, lets see how many people catch on first"

So in the end, it's safe to say THEY ARE doing it, how long it takes it a totally different story. However they are most liking working on it right now, since square has a bad habit of doing that.

ThroneofDravaris 09-16-2007 10:22 AM

Name one project that Square denied they were working on then revealed at a later date that they were lying.

-Woodrow- 09-17-2007 01:27 PM

why is this line/screen a hint to a new game?

well, it says "To Be Continued In Final Fantasy VII" - because that's where the storyline of Crisis Core continues as Crisis Core is the prequel to Final Fantasy VII. Do you remember? The game that came out about 1o years ago? ...

Luis 09-17-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Woodrow-
why is this line/screen a hint to a new game?

well, it says "To Be Continued In Final Fantasy VII" - because that's where the storyline of Crisis Core continues as Crisis Core is the prequel to Final Fantasy VII. Do you remember? The game that came out about 1o years ago? ...

Right.

Quizastotl 03-23-2008 08:59 PM

What's he talking about "cannot be purchased anywhere" Amazon has gajillions of them

Nilladar 04-07-2008 12:13 PM

They wont remake the game the be continued in Final Fantasy VII is just telling you play the game that is already out

Indigo Truth 04-14-2008 11:38 AM

I don't actually think they are re-making it as a game, just think they are going to re-do a few of the scenes and main parts in the story to show what they could do with it if they wanted to. But IF they do remake it as a proper game im getting it!!

I.T

Clad 05-09-2008 05:15 PM

During an interview for TV emission "Next Gen" on the french Tv Channel MCM, Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy Series, announced, he hoped work for a remake of FF VII but it will not realize before FFXIII and FF Versus XIII.
And he said that :

Yoshinori Kitase (in french) : "Tous les jours je me réveille et le projet avance peu à peu, bien qu'il ne soit encore qu'à l'étape de réflexion."

"Everyday, I wake up and the project advance gradually, Well, it's just at the step of reflexion."

Stream : http://www.n4g.com/News-143912.aspx

Yataaaaaa FF VII will go on PS3 ? Why Not ! :)

TherathxRikku 10-25-2009 03:55 PM

I downloaded the remake to my PSP from the PSN. It's just as I remember it.

rissole25 10-26-2009 05:50 AM

God i hope they remake it. Square would make heaps more money if they did. I will buy a PS3 if I have to.